• Published 6th Apr 2016
  • 4,268 Views, 11 Comments

Sparity VS The Future! - FlameMist



Spike and Rarity wake up to a shocking surprise.

  • ...
11
 11
 4,268

Breakfast Pt. 1

CRASH!!!

Spike awoke to a loud bang coming from under him. He heard some giggles, and what sounded like little hooves running as fast as they could. He sat up in his bed. Only it wasn't his bed. It wasn't even his house. He looked around the room, it was too dark to see anything. He got out of the bed, and the floor beneath him creaked, like it could crumble beneath him at any minute. He reached for a light switch, which was not that hard to find, surprisingly. It was almost like he remembered… Almost. The lights flicked on, revealing the contents of the room he was in with greater detail.

"AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!" He roared. The whole house shook violently. Not only was he gigantic, but he had wings! He stared around the rather shaken up room. There were picture frames hung on the walls, pictures of... he and Rarity! They were a couple after all. The last thing Spike remembered was the two having their Six-Month date night. Back to the frames. The first one he recognized. It was his and Rarity's first kiss. He had secretly taken the picture when she was not looking, the flash scared her, causing her to jump out of the kiss, and the two of them shared a laugh. The second one was of him and her too, but they were much older, or at least, he was. The last height he remembered being was only a few inches higher than his friends, but certainly not this huge, and certainly without the large wings extending to either side of him. He looked over the various mementos of their relationship, and one frame particularly caught his eye.

It was their.... wedding day? Next to that, was... oh no... He looked over at the bed, and, just as he expected, sleeping under the covers of the other side, was Rarity. Just as beautiful as always. He wanted to wake her, or at least figure out what was going on here, or maybe enjoy this strange dream while he had it. But, before he could make a definitive decision regarding what to do, Rarity unexpectedly sprung up in their bed, eyes wide open.

"Ahhh... If it isn't another good round of beauty sleep. I wonder what Spike is up to, we haven't gone out for a while. Like... nine hours." She yawned and removed her eye covers, to see a shocking surprise. "SPIKE!?!?" she screamed. "You- you-"

"I know, I know!" Her much older drakefriend replied in response to her stammering.

"What- what happened?!" Rarity stared around the room, and she figured out enough to tell that this was some weird dream. She was about to pinch herself, HARD, when the door of the room opened.

Standing there, framed in the doorway, was a little pink filly. Her purple hair and magenta eyes made her look like one adorable wad of pink. The only thing that wasn't somewhat pink on her was the little green bow under her dragon-like ears. "Mom, dad? Is everything alright?" She asked, a concerned look on her face.

Rarity looked at Spike, and he looked at her. They suddenly both knew this wasn't a dream.
"Hello? Are you guys alright?" The magenta filly repeated, two heads peeking from behind her. On her left was a colt that looked like Spike more than anything. He was green, with darker green scales on his back. His baby blue eyes and chubby appearance indicated that he was younger than the rest. On the filly's right was a strange pony. She was a light pinkish purple with hazy sapphire blue dragon-like eyes. Sprouting from behind her ears were two large white dragon horns, curving back behind her.

She knew they were our kids. This was going to be awkward. Spike spoke first.
"H-h-hi kids! Uhhh... isn't it... past your bedtime?" Spike glanced at the nearest clock. 6:07 AM. Spike banged his head onto his palm.

The green colt giggled adorably. "Daddy, you’re silly!"

"Don't you remember?" The horned pony looked at them strangely.

"Oh! Yea! Er- Time for school?" Rarity smiled sheepishly.

"No!" The youngest blurted, bursting into laughter.

"Ready?" The lavender filly in the middle said. "On three. One... Two... Three!"

"HAPPY 20TH ANNIVERSARY!!!" The three shouted in unison.

Both Spike and Rarity's jaws dropped at almost the same moment, and they looked at each other with stunned looks on their faces.

The trio stepped aside to reveal a veritable plethora of banners, balloons, and all sorts of party decorations set up around the house. And that was just from looking through the door. When the couple stood outside their door, they could see that their kids had set up an awesome 20th Anniversary celebration.

Or maybe they hadn't.

A familiar pink party pony hopped into sight. "HI GUYS!" She smiled. "I've just been so excited for your anniversary and they've been excited and I've been excited and EVERYPONY has been excited! You're welcome for the decorations, by the way! Now you two hurry off to your perfect day of togetherness your friends have set up for you, while we get everything ready for tonight!" Pinkie said.

Spike and Rarity stared.

"Oh! Wow! How rude of me! I'll let you two get dressed first!" She said.

The couple said nothing to each other as they separately put on dress clothes in their bathroom. It had gone by fast. Too fast. This might be a dream after all.

Soon enough, the two were shoved out the door for their 'day of togetherness'. Rarity looked ahead to see a strange sight.

What the hay? Rarity stared.

It was strange. It wasn't a carriage, but it was like one. There were no horses driving it, nor any pony controlling the ropes. It was a coal-black carriage with what looked like two lights at the front, some in the back, two steel doors leading inside. Spike and Rarity's friends were in it. They waved and smiled.

"Wow! I'm sure they'll have a PERFECT TIME!!! Our friends should be back from dropping them off soon!" Pinkie Pie smiled at the kids. She noticed the look on one of the filly's faces. "What's wrong, Claire?"

"Oh... Uh... don't you think they were acting kind of... weird this morning?" the horned pony, Claire, responded.

"Oh don't you worry your cute little head at all!" Pinkie Pie smiled, giving Claire a good hard noogie. "Your auntie Pinkie is on to them!"

"Really? What's wrong?" The lavender filly asked.

Pinkie took a large breath. "They're REALLY from 27 years in the past, and they somehow got transported here and they had no idea what was going on because they were all of a sudden married and in the past their relationship was so small and they were just so stunned cuz they didn't expect it to be their 20th anniversary and they didn't know about anything or how Ponyville changed and they don't even know the names of their own kids cuz they’re from the past!" She exhaled deeply.

"Uhhh... Whatever, Pinkie." Claire rolled her eyes.

"Okie Dokie Lokie!" Pinkie smiled. "Let's go through today's plan." Pinkie rolled out a diagram of Ponyville, pointing and drawing points with her hooves as she talked. "First, Spike and Rarity will go to that restaurant for breakfast, go see that movie they really wanted to see, then come to Sugarcube Corner for the party, and theeeennnn... We'll all go to dinner!" She explained.

Oh, this was bad, this was simply terrible, I mean, this was the WORST POSSIBLE THING! I mean, I really love Spike and... this was even one of my DREAMS for the future... but... I'm not ready for this! Maybe Spike belongs here and he knows what happened? Whatever the case, I have to act casual, and that means not faint... Alright Rarity... act casual. Rarity thought.

Applejack, RD and Twilight had taken them there in that strange carriage. Rarity had gotten a closer look at it when she got inside. Applejack had her hooves over a metal wheel that looked like it was almost... controlling it. Magical. "Now have a nice time you two!" Applejack waved as she backed out the strange black vehicle. "We need to fill ol' Bessie up. I feel like she's gonna break down any second." I thought I heard Applejack say to the others. They drove off back toward Rarity and Spike's house.

"Man! It's like they've never seen a car before!" Rainbow laughed.


DING DONG!

"Ooooh! That must be them!" Pinkie hopped to the door. She opened it up. There stood... some rather aged three friends.

First there was Twilight. She came here in the middle of a very busy schedule as the Princess of Friendship AND the wife of Flash Sentry. They had no children yet, though.

Then, true to her usual style, Rainbow Dash swooped down from above at high speed only to cut her velocity sharply to avoid an accident. She was just as awesome as she was 27 years ago... or at least- that's how she preferred to be looked at.

And of course, Applejack, who was still single much like both Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie, came in with her trademark Stetson and an easygoing smile.

Unfortunately, owing to a prior engagement - namely her honeymoon with Big Macintosh - Fluttershy hadn't been able to make it for the celebration.

"OOOOOOH!!!" Pinkie squeed. "You’re all here! This is gonna be so fun!"


When they stepped out of the carriage (they're friends had brought them to their 'favorite' restaurant), Spike put his arm around Rarity's and politely walked with her to the building.
Who am I kidding? THIS was why I dreamed of this future. Maybe this was going to be okay after all. Apparently, our friends had set up a movie for us as well. Thought Rarity as they walked inside. No, this couldn't be okay. It just COULDN'T. Even compared to how much I dearly love Spike, we need to get back to our own time. We must. And we were going to talk about it over breakfast.

We simply had to.

The couple strode into the restaurant. They walked up to the front desk to get a seat. Rarity was about to speak, but Spike stopped her by lifting a single claw.

"One table for two." Spike requested politely.

"As you wish, Spike." The stallion smiled. "Follow me."

The workers must've known Spike because he and Rarity must have come here a lot in those 27 years. He'll have to use THAT to his advantage. Both he and Rarity just sat there at their table, silent for a while. Spike was about to say something, but then the waiter came to their table. "Have you decided yet?" He asked kindly. Spike spoke for both of them.

"Yes, we'll both take the usual." He smiled, hoping this place knew them that well. "Of course." The waiter said, scribbling something on his notepad and walking off.

"So... Rarity." Spike said.

"Spike." Rarity fake-smiled.

"You know Rarity... the truth is-"

The waiter rounded the corner, with their food already done, which made Spike suggest this was planned with the restaurant by their friends, because they were the ones certainly being catered to the most in the place. They must have expected them to order 'the usual' and had it pre-made.

Rarity must've expected the same, because she didn't say anything.

"Breakfast is served." He smiled warmly, sliding the two platters on to their table.

They both silently ate their food, saying nothing in the companionable silence as they enjoyed their meals.

BRRRIIING!!!!
"What the-" Rarity squinted. The sound was coming from a strange black machine hooked onto the wall. She saw one of the waiters rushed toward it. He picked up a black, banana-shaped attachment, protruding from the rest of the machine, a wire attached to it.

"Uhh- I've got a call for a... Rarity?" He looked around the room, spotting Rarity, and smiled.
Rarity walked up to the waiter awkwardly. He handed her the black... thing.

He then trotted away. "Um... what-" Rarity called lightly to the waiter. He turned around, but Rarity smiled sheepishly. "N-nevermind." The waiter nodded in understanding, and kept on trotting.

Rarity put the strange device to her ear like the waiter had.

"HI MOMMY!"

"Gah!" Rarity jumped at the sudden voice. She recognized it as her youngest son, the little Spike Junior.

She glanced at Spike, who gave her a what? Look.

"Mommy! It's me, T!" The voice continued.

"T?" Rarity said. "Oh yes, T! I know who you are!"

"No! T! Don't touch that!" Pinkie Pie's voice came from the machine this time.

BEEEEEEP. "Call ended." A voice rang out.

"Ah!" Rarity jumped. ‘Who was it this time?’ The thing was silent.

"Huh." Rarity said, slowly placing the device back on its cradle.

Author's Note:

Annndd... the chapter is over. #gotbored