• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 1,343 Views, 15 Comments

The Background Mane Six. - omegafan101



The many stories about Lyra, Bon Bon, Vinyl Scratch, Octavia, Derpy, and the Doctor, and their adventures.

  • ...
1
 15
 1,343

Chapter 5: Doctor I Shrunk the Ponies: Pt 2.

The three mares walked for what seemed like hours, but after all their tiring walking, they made it to the other side of the living room.

“Celestia dammit!” Vinyl screamed, “We’ve been walking forever and barely got anywhere! It’ll take us days to get to my room at this rate!”

“Not to mention we have to find a way onto your speakers.” Octavia agreed.

“Well, look on the bright side,” Derpy said, “The Doctor and Amethyst shouldn’t be leaving anytime soon.” The two ponies had sat down on their couch and started watching TV, waiting for the mares.

“It’s been awhile,” Amethyst said, “Maybe we should go out looking for them.”

“Ah don’t worry,” The Doctor responded, “Your mother isn’t the type to get ponynapped, even if she did, she has Octavia and Vinyl to protect her. I’m sure they just went… shopping or something.”

“Seriously?” Vinyl asked.

“That stallion must be daft!” Octavia said, “Why is he even still here!? He got his shrink ray, he should be able to leave.”

“Doc’s not the kind to leave a filly worried about her mother all alone…” Derpy said, “He’s just to kind…”

“Okay we don’t have time for the sad music!” Vinyl said cutting off Derpy, “They’re gonna need to leave eventually, so let’s get moving!”

“Sad music?”

“Don’t question her…” Octavia said.
***

It took a long amount of time, (so long that the author was to lazy to write about it), but the ponies finally made it into Vinyl’s room, “OH THANK CELESTIA!” Vinyl said, falling to the ground, “We finally made it, I’m so tired.”

“Well you can’t rest now,” Octavia said, “We still need to get to your speakers.”

“Yeah yeah,” the DJ said getting back on her hooves. She let out a sigh, “I really don’t wanna climb up that. It’ll take forever to get to the mic.”

Derpy looked at the mares like they were crazy, “You do realize I can fly right?” she said, spreading her wings.

The mares blushed, “Oh right,” Octavia said, letting out an awkward laugh, “Pegasus…” The cross-eyed mare spread her wings and began to fly up to the speaker, “HOW ARE YOU GOING TO REWIRE THEM!?” Octavia screamed to her.

“DOC’S TAUGHT ME A LOT!” She screamed back, “I’M SURE I CAN FIGURE THIS OU-” Derpy was cut off by something. She didn’t know what it was but something hit her and caused her to fall on top of the speakers.

“YOU OKAY!?” Vinyl asked.

“YEAH, I’M FINE!” Derpy looked up to see what had hit her. Before her was a giant spider, “NOPE, NEVERMIND, NOT FINE, NOT FINE AT ALL!” Derpy started to run from the giant arachnid, “VINYL!” she screamed, “YOU MIC’S NOT WORKING!”

“IT MUST NOT BE PLUGGED IN! YOU’LL NEED TO-” the DJ was interrupted by a large hissing noise, the musicians both turned to find the snake again.

“That’s not good…” Octavia said, shivering.

“RUN!” the DJ started running for her life and didn’t even pay attention to where she was going, Octavia soon followed behind her.

“How are we going to out run this thing!?”

“With determination!”

“1. Determination isn’t going to help us here! 2. You seem to be showing fear more then determination! 3. You really need to stop playing those RPGs!”

Derpy flew into the air and tried to dodge the spider’s strikes as best as she could. She followed the wire from the microphone until she found the end. She picked it up with all her might and plugged it into the port. She flew back up to the microphone. But before she could make it she was struck down by the spider, hurting her wing. She fell in front of the spider and tried to fly away, but to no avail.

The spider came closer and closer to Derpy, as she tried to escape. It was finally right in front of her. Looming above her, it bared it’s fangs and looked like it was about to suck the blood from Derpy. Desperate, she did the only thing she could think of. The mare rose her hoof and smacked the spider across the face, “No, bad spider! Bad!”
***
Vinyl had somehow managed to lead the mare’s into a corner, the snake slithered toward them slowly, ready for his meal. “Octavia,” Vinyl said.

“Y-yes Vinyl?” Octavia replied.

“Since this looks like the end, I just wanted to say, even though we’ve only known each other for about a week, I’ve kinda had a cr-”

“Don’t worry girls! The calvary’s here!” The mares looked up to find Derpy riding the spider! The musicians looked in awe as the spider look the snake by surprise and somehow wrapped a good portion of it in it’s web.

The snake hissed and snapped at it’s pray but couldn’t reach them. The spider stopped in front of the mares and let Derpy down, “Hey girls, hop on,” she said.

“Sweet!” Vinyl said, jumping on without hesitation.

Octavia reluctantly got on as well, “Y-you tamed a spider!?” she said.

“Eyup,” Derpy replied, “Turns out it just needed disciplining.” Octavia sat there completely confused as the spider took them to the top of the speaker.

Derpy spoke into the microphone, “Doc, Amethyst! We’re in Vinyl’s room! Come help us!”

“Was that Ditzy!?” the Doctor said, getting up from the couch.

“Yeah! Mom’s back!” Amethyst said, “Thank God! I was getting so bored!”

“But why on earth are they in Vinyl’s room!?” The ponies trotted into Vinyl’s room but didn’t find anything besides a cute little snake in the corner wrapped in spider webs, “Ditzy!?” Where are you!?”

Derpy’s voice came out of the speakers, “Doctor! We’re on the speakers! Vinyl scratch shrunk us!”

The Doctor pulled a magnifying glass out of Celestia knows where and used it to look on the speakers. “Well would you look at that! And are you riding a spider! That’s fantastic! Don’t worry, I’ll have you back to normal in a jiffy!”
***

The Doctor made it back to the house with his enlargement ray he carefully aimed it so as not to enlarge the spider as well. The three mares were finally back to their normal sizes.

“Oh thank Celestia!” Octavia said.

Derpy picked up the spider, “I’m gonna keep him,” she said.

“You’re gonna keep a pet spider?” Amethyst asked.

“Yup, and I’ll name him Reginald.”

“That’s a dumb name,” Vinyl said under her breath.

“Well, looks like everything turned out okay. Good thing I didn’t destroy these yet, otherwise we’ed really be in trouble.”

The ponies all laughed together until Lyra and Bon Bon came bursting through the door, “Guys guess what!” Lyra said.

The ponies stopped laughing and stared at the mares, “What?” Vinyl said.

“Okay, so me and Bon Bon were taking a walk through Ponyville when we saw Pinkie throwing a party for Twilight! Apparently she was trying to get her to give her her extra ticket to the Grand Galloping Galla! So that gave me an idea! Me and Bon Bon took a train to Canterlot and talked to my friend Lemon Hearts who’s an event planner! And I got her to give us tickets to the Grand Galloping Galla! We’re all going to the Galla!”

The ponies all cheered at the news except for Octavia, “Well, actually I was already going, I’m playing music there,” she said, “So I guess you have an extra ticket.”

“Oh… Lyra said,

“That’s mine, thank you.” Amethyst said as the levitated the ticket away from Lyra and walked out the door.

The six ponies all began laughing again, “Man, what a weird day,” Derpy said as she walked out the door.

“So Vinyl,” Octavia said.

“Yeah?” Vinyl replied.

“What were you about to say earlier?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean when we were about to be eaten!”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.” the DJ began walking out the door.

“What!? Yes you do!”

“Nope.”

“Vinyl Scratch you get back here this instant!”

Author's Note:

Oh thank God that's finally over, I don't know what I was thinking with the last chapter! Luckily I was able to power through and finish it. Hopefully the next one won't as cringe worthy.

Comments ( 1 )

Will this ever be continued?

Login or register to comment