• Published 30th Oct 2015
  • 1,400 Views, 24 Comments

The Nightmare, The Changeling, and The Storm - Corvo Storm



The return of two villains is enough, but a stallion protecting them both and having hidden feelings for them is even worse, or is that better. Join a changeling, alicorn, and half-breed vampire as they try to convince others that the bad have good.

  • ...
8
 24
 1,400

The Revealing of the Nightmare and Changeling

The next morning Corvo woke up early to start helping with getting the castle ready for any of the locals in Ponyville that may come by. The first thing he did was take a shower and brush his teeth. He then made his way to his throne room. It was a bit of the same design of the one in the Canterlot castle. The only difference is the color and the stained glass. The color matched that of the the castle. A black carpet leading to throne which was made of some sort of ebony stone with jewels encrusted on the top of the backrest.

The room had gray colored walls and a marble floor. The stained windows showed Corvo's parents of their happy times together. The ones opposite from the others had his parents except the first window showed his parents looking down with warm smiles on their faces. They looking were at a foal that looked like him. The foal was asleep with his bat wings wrapped around him and his legs tucked in.

Corvo felt tears come to his eyes after looking over each window. Tears were beginning to fall as he remembered the times he spent with his parents before he lost him. He believes his father is still alive though and he is going to send scouts all over Equestria to find his father. In the meantime he needed to help get the castle ready for any possible visitors.

In another part of the castle in the guest bedroom Nightmare and Chrysalis are just now waking up from a very pleasant sleep. They haven't slept that great in a long time. They each had their own room. The guest bedroom actually has a spare bedroom in it that separates from the main one. They slowly got in a greater mood than they have ever been.

Nightmare went into the main guest bedroom where Chrysalis was stretching to get rid of the stiffness in her muscles. "Good morning Chrysy," Nightmare greeted. Chrysalis just looked at her with a smile and replied, "Good morning to you too, Nighty." They both giggled at the nicknames they had and gave each other a kiss on the cheek.

They then began to leave the room to go find Corvo. They talked while they searched for him. "I see you're not wearing your armor anymore," Chrysalis observed. It was true Nightmare didn't have her armor anymore. It was still in pieces in the old castle. Nightmare looked at the changeling with a knowing expression and said, "I know that I am not wearing it. I'm glad though. It was always weighing me down and I never really wanted to wear it in the first place."

"Just be glad you're out of that stupid armor."

"I am glad remember?"

They shared laughs as they continued to find Corvo. They did eventually though. What they actually a sad sight.

Corvo had finished getting the throne room prepared for any visitors and decided to look over the windows again. Once he had enough looking at the windows he summoned one of the servants to bring him the 'accursed' document. The document was a prophecy that he read after teleporting the castle to a different dimension.

It stated that a great evil will rise from the depths of Equestria threaten all ponykind. There is only one who can defeat it but that same one is what this creature seeks. It will take the one's power and use it for its own intentions. Only with the combined might of the one and two other ponies can the creature be fully defeated and destroyed forever. When the return of a castle happens, the great evil will be released from its prison and will do nothing but destroy everything in its path to gain the special one's power.

Corvo knew full well that he was the special one. His father sealed away this evil for a long time. He said that he may not survive in the process of sealing this evil. If he did live however, he will be stuck to live in Equestria for the rest of his life until the day he dies. Corvo was just a young colt at the age of seven when his father told him this. He was struck deeply in his heart when he heard that tried to keep his father stay and find another way.

In the end though his father left him and his mother to cry as he went to imprison this evil. The half breed was broken out of his painful thoughts as the servant arrived with the prophecy. Reading it one more time he asked the servant to do him a simple task. "Anything you need my lord," the servant said hoping whatever it was that his lord needed would cheer him up.

The half breed looked at the prophecy for a few seconds before rolling it up, giving it to the servant, and saying, "I want this prophecy to be destroyed. It's too much of a reminder on what my father did to save me. Take it to the main tower and throw it into the eternal flame. Then after that is done have the others prepare a carriage. I'm going to Ponyville with Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis."

"Yes my Lord," was all the servant said before leaving to carry out his master's orders. He ran into the mares the half breed mentioned and said sorry to both of them before leaving.

Then the mares entered the throne room. They asked at the same time, "Why are we going to Ponyville?" The half breed looked at them with a slight smile on his face before answering, "We are going to reveal you both to the public. Don't worry I will make sure that nothing bad happens to both of you."

The mares were nervous. Revealing themselves already? Everything that happened yesterday went by so fast. Corvo discovering them to taking them to his home to confessing their feelings to each other and finally to a peace treaty with Celestia who accepted their return. They were surprised to see that he was wiling to reveal already.

As if reading their thoughts he tried to soothe them by saying, "it's best to get it out of the way now than wait. Trust me on this okay."

They just nodded their heads and knew he was right. Best get it out of the way now than wait until it was too late.

The servant from before came back and said, "My lord the carriage is ready and the prophecy was attempted to be destroyed but-" the servant trailed off knowing that his master would be angry. Corvo was angry but couldn't blame the servant. So he went over the cowering subject who expected something bad to happen to him. He looked up at the half breed to see him holding out a hoof to him. He took it and was lifted to his hooves. Then the half breed said, "It's not your fault that the prophecy wasn't destroyed. I should have remembered the material it was made. You are free to go about your business."

"Yes my lord," was all the servant said before leaving the room. The half breed turned to his two lovers and said, "Shall we?" The two mares just said, "We shall." Then they made their way to the awaiting carriage.

Once they made it to the carriage they saw what it looked like. It was colored a blackish red with blue and green mixed in. It was made out of dragon bones that looked older than the castle itself. The carriage was pulled by two skeletal centaurs. They turned to Corvo, Nightmare, and Chrysalis and waved at them before gesturing for them to get in. They did and as soon as they did the carriage started to move out of the castle courtyard to the main gate which opened for them.

The statues from before kneeled again and said, "We await your return." After they said that the statues went back to their original positions. The inside of the carriage looked very comfortable. The seats were stuffed with cotton and made out of a soft fabric. The windows were partially covered by purple curtains on both sides. The rest of the inside was the color gray and the inside was quite roomy.

The mares were amazed at how the carriage was made and how comfortable it was. All Corvo did was watch them as they marveled the carriage. Then Chrysalis turned to him and asked, "How did you get such a carriage Corvo?" He looked at her as if she should know and answered, "I had this carriage for quite a while. It was my mother's. She made it to my liking because I always said I liked soft things."

Nightmare stopped looking around the carriage to turn to him and say, "She did a good job at making the carriage suit your needs. It feels like I could fall asleep in here and not wake up for quite a long time." He just laughed at statement. He explained to them that he fell asleep in this carriage and wouldn't wake up unless he was taken of the seat because of how soft it was.

They kept sharing stories about the good times in their lives and shared some laughs. They stopped talking when the carriage stopped and the carriage driver opened the door for them. Corvo stepped out first to let the townsfolk know it was him from yesterday when he searched for Nightmare and Chrysalis.

The said mares were scared. They were being revealed to the public already and it was nerve wrecking. The half breed turned to the carriage held out his hoof to them. They looked at each other for a moment then turned back to him. Nightmare put her hoop in his first and he lead her out of the carriage. The residents were silent as they watched him help her out and then look back and do the samething to Chrysalis who also came out.

The residents were beginning to murmur among themselves when he helped them out of the carriage which started to be guided by the driver to a place where they can keep it until they head back to the castle. It was quiet before a few shocked ponies panicked and yelled, "It's Nightmare Moon and Queen Chrysalis! Everypony run!"

After that was said the other ponies began to panic and run away from them. Corvo wasn't having any of that so he shouted as loud as he could, "Everypony stop what you're doing now so I can explain everything!" His order succeeded in getting everyone to stay where they were and listen to what he had to say about the alicorn and changeling at his side. He explained everything to all of them about how they were wronged to their relationship they had now.

After he finished explaining he let everypony carry about their business. Surprisingly everyone in the Ponyville accepted them quite well.They then went around the small town to enjoy themselves. They didn't have the type of currency that ponies uses so they couldn't buy anything. It didn't matter though they were having the time of their lives. They went to sugarcube corner to grab a snack in which they ran into Pinkie Pie who was manning the register.

When they got to the front Pinkie just dramatically like she did when Twilight first arrived to Ponyville except this time she didn't run off to prepare a party for them. Pinkie had a huge smile on her face and said, "What are you three doing here? Is to see the town? Reveal you two? Oo oo are you here on a date together?" The pink mare kept asking them questions so fast they didn't have time to answer any of them.

Corvo just held his hoof up to Pinkie's mouth to quiet her down. It worked and he said, "Pinkie we're here because I decided to reveal these two to the public here. It went nicely surprisingly. Now please can we have some cupcakes to take with us please?" The party pony nodded quickly before leaving and coming back with a box of cupcakes for that at a speed that would make Rainbow Dash jealous.

Corvo took the box and said, "Thank you. I will pay you back somehow since I don't have the currency that Equestria uses." Pinkie shook her head and replied, "No don't worry about it, it's on the house. Wait the cupcakes aren't on the house their on your back! Besides it's your first time here in Ponyville and I figured you wouldn't have money anyway, but that's okay. Oh one more thing before you go. I'm throwing a party for Rainbow Dash just for being one of the best ponies ever! So will you three come?"

The three looked at each for a moment and just shrugged and nodded their heads. "Great, see you all there tonight," the pink pony said. They all said their goodbyes and the three left to the park to enjoy themselves. When they arrived they picked a spot near the pond to sit down and relax.

As they calmly talked and laughed while eating the cupcakes they heard three splashes in the pony and turned to look. All they saw was the ripples in the water from where the splash came from and bubbles coming towards the surface. The bubbles began to head to shore where they sat and watched.

Once the bubbles reached the shore three fillies burst out of the water gasping for air. The fillies were Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo. They climbed out of the water not knowing who they were near. Scootaloo let out a annoyed sigh and said, "Looks like were not getting are cutie marks by holding are breathes underwater."

"Ah thought for sure that was going to be are special talent," Applebloom replied disappointed. Sweetie Belle then said, "What about uh, wait no we tried that. Uh, what about no no we tried that too. Hmm."

"Why don't you three think about what you're great at so far"

The fillies jumped at the sound of the voice. They looked over to where the voice came from and stared wide eyed at Nightmare Moon and Chrysalis upon seeing them.

Corvo knew what they were thinking and reassured them. "Listen you may know who these two are, and don't worry their harmless."

They just looked at him before going awestruck at the two mares and asking a lot of questions about them. "Where did you come from?" Sweetie Belle asked. Applebloom then asked, "Why are yall here?" Scootaloo wasn't worried about the why's or where's. She was more curious about the how's.

She looked at Nightmare and Corvo and asked, "How did you two get your cutie marks?" The half breed and alicorn decided to answer. Nightmare went first, "Well I'm Luna's counterpart so my special talent would be to control the moon. I won't be able to because I'm not in control to anymore. I'd rather not talk about."

The fillies were curious why but decided not to push it. They then looked at the half breed with curious eyes. He then did his cutie mark story. "Let's see here. I got my cutie mark by my ability to create the blood moon and have bats carry out my will. I learned this ability by casting my magic at the moon. My magic was weaker back then because I was only seven anyway I made a blood moon that way and I learned that I could manipulate the moon to my will the same happened with bats but without magic."

When he ended his story the three fillies stared at him in awe. They broke out of their trance and asked in a loud unison, "Can you help us get our cutie marks?!" Before the three could answer two more fillies arrived. "Well well what have we here?" said the light pink filly with the tiara. The other filly with glasses then said, "It seems the blank flanks are hanging out with the bad ponies." The two fillies shared a laugh.

"What do you want Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon?" asked Scootaloo annoyed. "We couldn't help but notice you two hanging out with ponies who shouldn't even be here," Diamond said meanly. Before any other words were spoke Corvo got up unexpectedly walked over to the two bullies and leaned his head down to be eye level with them.

He then said in a serious voice, "You two may not realize but the castle that showed up is because of me. It's my home. Not only that but these two mares are my dates at the moment and I don't mind those three interrupting it. You two must have a reason to bully them. I might know why."

Before the two could say anything he said, "I believe you're jealous because you don't want to be stooped down to their level because you don't believe you all can't be friends."

"That's not the reason at all because we don't like blank flanks. Blank flanks aren't cool at all and shouldn't even exist," Diamond explained denying his observations. Silver Spoon shook her head in agreement.

He just continued, "You two should know that we all were blank flanks before. That would mean you shouldn't exist either. Now back on topic; you two are hiding the truth from yourselves as well. I recommend that you take sometime to think about what I said now leave."

The two fillies looked dumbfounded at what just happened. Diamond Tiara just mumbled something under her breath and left with Silver Spoon. The three fillies that watched what happened couldn't believe what Corvo just did.

Sweetie Belle was the first to get over her awe and exclaimed, "Wow how did you do that?! You got them to leave us alone!" The other got over their awe and smiled real wide. They also asked a lot of questions on how he did it. Scootaloo asked the one question they all were wondering, "Why did you say they wanted to be friends with us? There is no way that they want to be friends with us at all that's for sure."

Corvo looked at her and explained, "You would be quite surprised actually. I was bullied like that in my past. At first I didn't like them until my mom made me get to know them better. Turns out they just didn't want to be stooped down to my level like those two that just left not too long ago. They apologized and later we became great friends."

The three fillies understood and wondered if that would ever happen. They just brushed it to the side for later and asked the same question before they were rudely interrupted. "Can you help us get our cutie marks?" He just laughed at the sudden change of attitude from them and said, "Sure."

The three smiled again and started to drag him off with his dates in tow who were both giggling at the three's over excitement. They did skydiving off of the pond bridge, rock climbing, dancing, candle making, painting, and daredevil stunts. All of these failed to help the three fillies get their cutie marks.

The half breed was exhausted as well as his dates. They helped out the fillies in as many ways as they could. They had two more activities to do that they thought would work. Right now they were at Sugarcube Corner for some milkshakes. They needed to rest and after these two activities were done they all would head home since it was starting to get late.

Once they were done with their milkshakes they went to the Cutie Mark Crusader clubhouse to start the next activity that the three crusaders had planned. They were going to practice their group's theme song. Once they got to the clubhouse the crusaders began to practice their song. It was going well so far.

Corvo, Nightmare, and Chrysalis had to admit they were pretty good. Scootaloo needed to practice some more and Applebloom just needs to tune her voice just slightly. Sweetie Belle was just perfect in singing. She helped provide the lyrics to the song and her voice hit the notes perfectly.

The loving trio looked at each other knowing that Sweetie's special talent would be singing. Applebloom was on the deck of the clubhouse when it collapsed from underneath her. She then climbed out of the rubble and groaned knowing she had to fix it again since the last time Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were there.

She went to the building supplies from last time and began to repair the deck. She was done in at least a fifteen minutes. The loving trio knew right away construction was Applebloom's special talent. They knew Scootaloo would more likely have a special talent at riding her scooter. The reason being that she had a lot of practice and manages to pull off a lot of tricks that looked as if they can't be done.

As the day progressed the last activity was a water balloon fight which resulted in all of them being all wet. They all laughed before saying their goodbyes and parting ways. The loving trio began to head back to the carriage and were as happy as can be. When they got back to the carriage they saw Scootaloo standing in front of a house and go inside. When she opened the door a mare grabbed Scootaloo roughly and pulled her inside. They then heard faint yelling and thought that Scootaloo just didn't come home any sooner. So they brushed it off and got in the carriage and they were off.

They chatted on their way back and once they got back they said their goodnights and went to bed. On the mornings of the next few days was spent revealing Nightmare and Chrysalis to the rest of Equestria. It started with the small towns then to the cities. Everypony was skeptical at first before accepting the two mares who were very grateful.

The last place was Canterlot and it went slightly different than the last times but in the end everypony accepted them as well. Once they got back to the castle again they bid each other goodnight and went to bed relieved that everypony accepts the two mares and know that they're here to stay. They all went to sleep with the biggest smiles on their faces as they knew they could rest easy now.