• Published 17th Oct 2015
  • 1,158 Views, 30 Comments

~Show A Little Kindness~ [Luna x Fluttershy Fanfiction] - xxScarletShadowKissxx



Luna starts having nightmares that keep getting more and more terrifying, so Princess Celestia sends for the Mane 6. Can they help her? Will Fluttershy strike a bond with Luna? Will they become friends or even something more? Find out!

  • ...
3
 30
 1,158

Chapter 1.

/////Canterlot, Luna's Tower/////

"Gah!" Luna gasped as she bolted awake, sweat dripping down her shocked face, tears slithering down her cheeks like snakes after their prey and heat colouring her usually porcelain face. She'd had another bad dream. No. Not a bad dream. A nightmare.

Princess Celestia appeared at the door, her face creasing with worry at the sight of her beloved little sister shivering with cold and fright.

"Sister, you've had another one." She stated sombrely and Luna nodded weakly, trying to block out the gruesome and agonising dream she'd seen.

"Tia...I'm so sorry!" Luna cried and hugged her sister hard; for the little Moon Princess couldn't find it in her heart to forgive herself. No. Not even a little bit.

"Luna, it's not your fault...it's all in the past now. Come now little sister." Celestia nudged her little sister back to Luna's bed and together they snuggled down.

"Do not fret little sister." She murmured, using her magic to wipe a lock of Luna's wavy starry hair out of her face.

"Now let us get some rest. "Celestria advised and together; the two rulers of Equestria slept.

/////Fluttershy's Cottage/////

"Fluttershy!" A voice called loudly and Fluttershy awoke with an alarmed jump.

Heavens, had she overslept again?

"Fluttershy!" The voice repeated patiently and with a hurry, Fluttershy flew to the door. She opened it gently and there stood Rarity.

"Oh Good Morning Rarity." Fluttershy greeted politely, with a sweet smile.

"Good Morning Fluttershy! I was wondering-" Rarity paused delicately, swinging her side to Fluttershy's vision.

"-If you could sort out Opal for me? She got a bit...huffy, when Sweetie Belle thought Opal needed a trimming and well..." Opal was clinging sharply to Rarity's side, giving her massive stings of pain.

"O-oh! Of course. Come in." Fluttershy invited warmly and Rarity came in hurriedly, sitting down on the sofa. Fluttershy sat down next to her, and gave a friendly smile to the cat.

"Opal." Fluttershy addressed in a gentle lull; and with a giant leap, Opal unattached herself from her owner and bounced in Fluttershy's lap, purring.

"I still don't know how you do it." Rarity grumbled, disgruntled and Fluttershy let out a little giggle.

"Well I am the caretaker of many animals." She counteracted and Rarity let out a small chuckle.

"That you are darling." Rarity praised and Fluttershy went a pale candyfloss colour; she did this every time she got a compliment.

"Now Opal, what do you think about a nice hot bath and a grooming?" She asked the content cat, who gazed at her with undying affection as it let out a huge purr.

"I take it that's a yes." Rarity laughed and Fluttershy joined in good naturedly.

"Can I get you a cup of coffee Rarity?" Fluttershy questioned pleasantly as she scooped Opal up into her hooves, flying off the ground slightly.

"Oh darling, that would be simply divine." Rarity agreed whole-heartedly and Fluttershy smiled; she knew just how Rarity liked it - a few teaspoons of milk and 3 sugars.

"Of course. You just relax." Fluttershy remarked nicely as she set Opal down on a spare cat bed she owned.

"I'll start your bath in a minute Opal. I just have to make Rarity's coffee first." She mentioned in her kind tone, as she switched the kettle on and hummed along to the whistling. A few minutes later, the coffee was ready and she added a few teaspoons of milk and 3 sugars to Rarity's. For hers, however, she just poured some milk in until it went a light-ish brown and put sugar in until it went sweet enough to not taste the bitter taste of coffee.

"Here you go Rarity." Fluttershy commented sweetly as she flew slowly back into the living room, with a tray consisting of two cups of coffee on saucers, a plate of heart shaped biscuits and some jam and creme filled scones.

"Oh Fluttershy, you really know how to make a delightful snack!" Rarity complimented in a pleased voice, smiling in appreciation.

"I'm glad you like it! It wasn't a bother." Fluttershy waved the praise away, feeling slightly embarrassed; hey, anyone can make a snack right?

"You're much too kind." Rarity responded sincerely, as she used her magic to levitate a scone and take a ladylike minute bite out of it.

"Oh no." Fluttershy disagreed quietly, a smile still fixed to her face; she enjoyed Rarity's company- heck, she enjoyed anyone's company.

"So how is your boutique going in Canterlot?" She switched the subject quickly; as she didn't feel she deserved any more praise.

"Great! Sassy Saddles is doing a fabulous job!" Rarity cheered happily as she took another bite out of the scone.

"That's amazing. I'm so glad your business is doing well." Fluttershy smiled in joy for her friend as she took a sip of her coffee.

"I couldn't have done it without my best friends there." Rarity gave credit merrily and Fluttershy blushed, grinning as she did; then in a jolt she remembered about Opal.

"Please excuse me, I have to treat Opal." Fluttershy excused herself in her quiet melodic self as she trotted peacefully passed the kitchen and into the bathroom. She turned on the stained silver taps with a gentle yet firm push of her hoof and the water started to pour powerfully into the tub. She walked back into the kitchen, picked up Opal just as carefully as when she set her down, and returned to the bathroom.

"Now lets make you fresh and clean." She murmured in her clear almost silent voice, and got to work, focusing only on Opal.