• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 2,941 Views, 14 Comments

ADHD: Adagio Dazzle Has Difficulites - roseprincess



Adagio Dazzle is defeated by a door, a banana skin, and a rumbling tummy

  • ...
8
 14
 2,941

Adagio Dazzle loses the Battle of the Bands before it even starts

“This is it, girls: the moment we've been waiting for,” Adagio Dazzle purred, smirking.

“Lunch?!” Sonata Dusk burst out, jumping back happily. Adagio facepalmed; Aria Blaze rolled her eyes.

“Ugh,” Adagio groaned, “the chance to get our true Equestrian Magic back!”

“Oh!” Sonata smiled innocently. “Right.”

“Our magic is just strong enough to make them want something so badly, they’ll fight to get it!” Adagio announced.

“But we can get lunch after though, right?” Sonata asked. “It’s Taco Tuesday!”

“Just follow my lead,” Adagio said, pointing at her.

“Or my lead,” Aria added.

Adagio gripped her shirt. “My lead.”

Sonata giggled. Aria folded her arms.

Adagio turned towards the cafeteria door, and Sonata and Aria followed her example. Adagio reached out to pull the door open… and it didn't budge.

She tried again. Still no movement.

Another pull, and Aria and Sonata peered around to see what was going on. Again, Sonata giggled and Aria rolled her eyes. Adagio turned back around, confused and annoyed.

“Why won’t it open? Tell me now!” she demanded loudly.

Sonata, still giggling, pointed towards the sign on the door. Adagio’s eyes followed her finger… and then suddenly felt really dumb.

“The great Adagio Dazzle, outsmarted by a door,” Aria deadpanned.

Adagio glared at her. “Why do they put a handle on it, if you can’t pull on it?”

“Ever heard of symmetry?” Aria asked rhetorically.

“Ugh, push doors are so less evil like,” Adagio complained, stepping up again and pushing the door open. No-one paid attention to them… yet. She walked inside and was about to start singing, when she realised she’d lost her backup. Quickly, Adagio slammed the door shut and turned around. Aria was leaning against the locker a few feet away, awkwardly chatting away with a shy girl with pink hair. Sonata was drooling at the taco poster, till another girl with rainbow hair started a conversation with her.

Adagio let out a loud groan and quickly dragged the two away. Confused, the two other ‘humans’ walked away and entered the cafeteria.

“What did I tell you?” Adagio barked. “Rule number one: no associating with anyone!”

“Aw, but the people here are so nice,” Sonata whined. “You sure we can’t—?“

“No,” Adagio said simply and turned back around to the door. Aria shrugged and Sonata sighed, looking down.

Adagio cleared her throat and pulled open the door again, only to come face to face with three of those… Canterlot High students. Okay, what kind of idiot stands in front of the cafeteria door?!

Not knowing what to do, Adagio crept back into the corridor, hoping not to be spotted. Doing so, she accidentally ran into somebody else, this time begging it was either Aria or—

“Hey there!” a high pitched voice squealed. Adagio winced and turned around.

“You must be new here!” The girl with pink hair continued. “My name is Pinkie Pie, what’s yours? Ooh, ooh, lemme guess! Um, Toola-Roola! No, Orange Swirl! Wait, Adag—“

Aria snapped a hand over the girl’s mouth, but she kept mumbling through her fingers.

“For once, I thank you,” Adagio said, then nodded at Aria, who very quickly erased Pinkie’s memory and pushed her into the cafeteria.

“Ok, let’s try this again!” Adagio said loudly, shoving the doors open again and stepping in… almost immediately slipping over a banana peel and falling onto the ground. People near her stopped and stared, most of them bursting into laughter, which attracted attention from a lot of people around them as well. Adagio let out a loud groan, before a white hand appeared in her view.

“Oh my, are you alright there?”

Adagio looked up and stared at the purple haired girl. “Fine,” she grumbled, standing up on her own and marching out, hands in fists.

“Oh, well, alright…” the sophisticated voice faded out of her hearing.

“That’s it. We’re doomed!” Sonata cried and dramatically fell to the floor, curling up into a foetal position.

“Ugh, look, it doesn't matter! As long as they fall under our spell, it won’t matter if they've seen us or not!” Adagio snapped, pulling Sonata back to her feet. “One more time! And we won’t stuff it up!”

“Let’s hope not. I really am getting hungry,” Aria said, twirling her hair.

Frowning, Adagio turned towards the cafeteria and very carefully opened the doors.

No accidental wrong-way door opening. No runaway backup singers. No students standing in front of the doors. And most importantly, no banana peels lying out in the open.

Adagio smirked and walked forward, swaying her hips. The other students turned to look at them, this time with a look of confusion but also curiosity.

The four girls they had seen before sat at the back with two others they had not run into. But one of them they knew extremely well. They looked up with worry.

Heh, they should be worried, Adagio thought.

“Ah, ah, ahhh, ah, ahhhh. Ah, ah, ahhh, ah, ahhhh. Ah, ah, ahhh, ah, ahhhh. Ah, ah, ahhh, ah, ahhhh.

We-“

A loud grumbling sound. Adagio let out a REALLY loud groan of frustration and whipped around to face the others. “You guys are doing this on purpose, aren't you?!” she yelled at Aria and Sonata, the latter zipping behind the former.

“What are you talking about? That was your stomach, genius,” Aria said, pushing Sonata off of her.

“Oh,” Adagio said simply, and it let out another loud growl. She peered around at all the food on the students’ plates in the cafeteria line and suddenly felt a more intense want; even more intense than negative energy. Unexpectedly, she started to drool.

Sonata grinned and looked up at Aria. “Wait a minute!” She gasped. “Does this mean we can have tacos?”

Aria nodded. “Oh yeah.”

“Girls,” Adagio said, “let’s forget about negative energy for now. This world’s delights are calling me!”

Comments ( 13 )

Glorious! You have received a cookie! upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9a/Choco_chip_cookie.jpg And a couple Pinkies for good measure. :pinkiehappy: :pinkiesmile:

Oh, Dazzlings. I love them. Why is it so fun reading stories where they fail at life?

Five Stars!:rainbowlaugh:

hilarious!
now if only the students in the cafeteria were actually eating tacos...

Adagio glared at her. “Why do they put a handle on it, if you can’t pull on it?”
“Ever heard of symmetry?” Aria asked rhetorically.

That should be a question everyone should be asking.:rainbowlaugh:

6532005
:pinkiegasp: Yummy! *eats it*
Yesh :3 Pinkie's are the best :pinkiehappy:

6532023
Because it's funny :rainbowlaugh: That's all I can think of

6532035
Thank you so much! :pinkiesmile:

6532063
Thanks
Well, just because they weren't eating tacos in the movie doesn't mean they weren't selling them. There are only 100 students in the school. Maybe none of them like tacos?
Though, I won't be making that mistake in my story

6532258
Thanks a lot :pinkiehappy:

6532666
:rainbowlaugh: True, true

6535548
Oh ma gawsh, thanks :pinkiehappy:

6532945 *Hands a glass of milk* You deserve it. This was a really funny fic.

6537145
Yay! Milk AND cookies! Thanks a lot! :D

6537177 Can't have cookies without milk... unless you have allergies.

This makes me feel loads better about the amount of times I fail everyday. I laughed a lot. :pinkiehappy::rainbowlaugh::derpytongue2:

6550659
:pinkiehappy: That's good.
I mean the fact you laughed, not the part about you failing a lot everyday. Don't worry, I do too.

Login or register to comment