• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 1,348 Views, 11 Comments

Unfashionable Closet - wingedalpha



Rarity and Fluttershy start dating, but Rarity is still closeted. Can they make their relationship work under these conditions? Can Rarity get over her fears?

  • ...
2
 11
 1,348

Epilogue

The next day, Rarity and Fluttershy walked into school hand in hand. They already knew they were being gossiped about. Why deny it any longer?

For once, Rarity hated the attention she was getting. Fluttershy squeezed her hand tighter. Rarity looked at her and saw a reassuring smile. Rarity smiled back. “This isn’t quite as hard as I thought it’d be,” Rarity said.

“Really?” Fluttershy asked.

“Really,” Rarity replied. “It’s still nerve-wracking, but I can do it as long as you’re by my side.”

Fluttershy gave her a quick peck. “Then that’s where I’ll stay. Promise.”

Rarity gave Fluttershy her most winning smile. Yes, so long as she had Fluttershy by her side, she could do anything.

Author's Note:

Coming out is hard, but being yourself is a huge weight off your shoulders. If any of you are struggling with your sexuality or gender identity and need someone to talk to, feel free to message me.

Comments ( 8 )

what a great and heart warming story! you did a fine job of conveying both fluttershy and rarity feelings and emotions! well done well done , thank you for such a sweet and wonderful story!!

6532091
Thank you for your kind words! I'm glad you enjoyed the story. :yay:

Honestly, I am such a sucker for RariShy, they don't make enough fanfics about them. And this was just so adorable. You deserve a like.

6532497
I'm glad you liked it! I agree that there need to be more RariShy fics.

Aww, really sweet! Chapters were a bit short and really probably could have boiled down to to, maybe three chapters. But I liked it.

You know I'm a sucker for Flarity fics. It's really difficult to dislike a story with those two darlings in them! :yay::raritywink:

The beginning was somewhat clunky, but I love the setup it provided for the rest of the story. You brushed through what happens in most romance stories on this site in the first few paragraphs and left the aftermath to comprise the rest of the story. Stories like that are precious few around here.

Despite how brief this story was (my notes on the prequel here still stand), I love how realistically you convey Flutter's and Rarity's relationship. Problems this deep-set and significant aren't solved overnight. But Rarity has Fluttershy by her side now; surely, she and their mutual friends will help Rarity continue to work through her anxiety.

Great story!. Rarishy or Flarity is such a cute and underrated ship.

Login or register to comment