• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 1,353 Views, 11 Comments

Unfashionable Closet - wingedalpha



Rarity and Fluttershy start dating, but Rarity is still closeted. Can they make their relationship work under these conditions? Can Rarity get over her fears?

  • ...
2
 11
 1,353

Date

Fluttershy took them to a nice Italian restaurant. Rarity had heard great things about it, but had never been there before. They were seated in a booth near the back of the restaurant. “This place is lovely, Fluttershy,” Rarity said.

“I’d hoped you’d like it,” Fluttershy responded.

The two smiled at each other. Rarity reached out and clasped Fluttershy’s hand under the table. They stared into each other’s eyes. The moment was broken by their waiter. “Hello, ladies. I will be your server tonight. May I get you something to drink?” he asked.

Rarity jumped and let go of Fluttershy’s hand even though he couldn’t see. She saw pain flash through Fluttershy’s eyes, but it soon passed. They ordered and their waiter left. “I’m sorry,” Rarity said.

“It’s okay,” Fluttershy assured her. “You’re still getting used to this.”

Rarity nodded. She searched for something to make up for pulling away. “Have I told you yet how beautiful you look?” she asked.

Fluttershy blushed. “You look beautiful, too,” Fluttershy replied.

“Thank you,” Rarity said.

Just then, the waiter came back with their drinks. “Are you ladies ready to order?” he asked.

The two quickly ordered and were left alone again. “You’re still planning to help at the animal shelter tomorrow, right?” Fluttershy inquired.

“Of course,” Rarity replied. “ I wouldn’t miss out on something so important to you for the world.”

Fluttershy beamed. “I’m glad to hear you say that,” Fluttershy said.

Their meals came quickly. They ate in companionable silence. That was one of the things Rarity liked about Fluttershy. The two could just be without having to fill the space with words.

When the check came, Rarity reached for her purse. “No,” Fluttershy said. “I’m paying.”

“Are you sure?” Rarity asked. She knew Fluttershy’s only income was a rather sad allowance. This place was pretty pricey. She wasn’t sure Fluttershy could afford it.

Fluttershy only nodded. The two left the restaurant. The chill in the air allowed them to move closer together. When they reached the area where they had to part ways, Fluttershy looked around. Rarity did the same and soon realized no one was around. Fluttershy must have discovered the same thing because she leaned in to kiss her. Rarity returned the kiss passionately. When they parted, both were smiling.
“I enjoyed out date,” Fluttershy said.

“So did I,” Rarity replied.

Reluctantly, they pulled away from each other. Thoughts of Fluttershy kept Rarity warm all the way home.