• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 1,354 Views, 11 Comments

Unfashionable Closet - wingedalpha



Rarity and Fluttershy start dating, but Rarity is still closeted. Can they make their relationship work under these conditions? Can Rarity get over her fears?

  • ...
2
 11
 1,354

Crush

Rarity stood back to examine the dress as Fluttershy twirled for her. The dress was utter perfection. Rarity smiled. “I think this dress is ready, Fluttershy,” Rarity said. “You may change back now.”

Fluttershy nodded and went to the fitting room. She came out a minute later in her normal clothes and handed the dress to Rarity. “Thank you ever so much for being my model,” Rarity said. “It’s impossible to see the movement of a dress on a mannequin.”

“It’s no trouble at all,” Fluttershy replied.

“Would you like some tea?” Rarity asked. “It feels like such a long time since the two of us had a nice chat.”

“I’d love some!” Fluttershy responded with an excited smile.

Rarity’s heart fluttered at that smile, but she pushed it down. She could not date Fluttershy. It didn’t matter how strong her feelings were.
She quickly put the kettle on the stove and found some biscuits to put on a plate. When everything was ready, she sat down with Fluttershy.
The two happily sipped their tea and ate the biscuits. “So, Fluttershy, how are things at the shelter?” Rarity asked.

“They’re great!” Fluttershy replied enthusiastically. “We’re having a special adoption sale this weekend and we expect a lot of animals to find good homes.”

“That sounds wonderful, darling.”

“It is. I’ll be very busy, but it will be worth it.”

“Yes. I find life gets rather dull when one is not busy.”

Fluttershy nodded. “So, um, I was wondering if there was anyone you liked,” she said.

Rarity’s mind raced. There was no way she could tell the truth. It would ruin her. “I can’t say that there is,” Rarity lied.

“Oh, well, um, Rarity, th-there’s something I-I’ve been wanting to t-tell you,” Fluttershy stammered.

“What is it, darling?” Rarity asked.

“I-I like you!” Fluttershy blurted out.

Rarity’s eyes widened. The girl she couldn’t get out of her head liked her back. But she couldn’t date Fluttershy, she just couldn’t! And yet, she wouldn’t be able to live with herself if she didn’t try. “I-I may not have been entirely truthful earlier,” Rarity said slowly. “There is someone I like, and it’s you.”

Fluttershy’s face lit up in a way that made Rarity smile. “You really mean that?” Fluttershy asked.

“Of course, darling,” Rarity replied.

Fluttershy threw her arms around Rarity and pecked her on the cheek. Rarity returned the embrace and gave Fluttershy a quick kiss on the lips. Inside Rarity rejoiced, but a part of her began to panic.