• Published 14th Oct 2015
  • 378 Views, 5 Comments

Building To The Now - AngriestDislestia



What could have happened in some of the oldest beings' childhoods?

  • ...
 5
 378

Look what You Have Started!

Cosmos watched through a hole in the floor at his parents. They were arguing. Tirek had smashed their table and that’s all Cosmos knew. He thought there must’ve been a reason for it! Tirek didn’t seem like a bad kid...Although he didn’t seem like a good one…

Cosmos winced at every rise in his Father’s voice. They were going to meet up to inform the others of what happened. Cosmos was unsure of what they were going to do, but they seemed to blame something Tirek did on the WHOLE Terata Kingdom! It hardly seemed fair. What did they do to get Tirek so angry? It was obvious Tirek knew something he didn’t and Cosmos was very intrigued, but it was clear that he wouldn’t meet the young centaur again.

The young alicorn sighed. He felt something was coming to an end.


Armonia paced around in a circle, muttering only to herself.
“This has gone just awful…” was all that Maska could hear from the alicorn. The changeling sighed.

“No need to repeat what has already happened, Armonia, dear,” she told the mare. Almost immediately after she said that, Armonia stopped in her tracks and glared at the queen.

“Don’t you see, Maska?” she growled. “A war has erupted from our different lands, all because of that boy!”

“Which boy? There are four of them.”

“You know which one,” she hissed with narrowed eyes. “I should have never let this happen - I should have known this would happen! Young Tirek is not at all fit to unite two species together! Even if he wasn’t the one to be wed.”

“You don’t think you’re being just a little bit harsh, dear?” Maska tilted her head.

“Harsh?” Armonia rasped, before marching over to the changeling until their muzzles were almost touching “Harsh?” she repeated. “Young Tirek is the cause of a war. I am not being harsh, Maska, I am being quite kind to him!”

Maska bit her lip as Armonia’s icy blue eyes split right into her green.

“That may be so…” Maska began. “But, dear, he’s just a child. He does not know what he has caused.”

Armonia blinked. “Y-You’re right, Maska…” she sighed, taking a step away from her. “He is a child as of now, and does not know the consequences of his actions.”

Maska smiled as the mare calmed, before nodding her head.

Armonia then looked up at her again, this time with a smirk spread across her face.

“But one day, he will know the consequences of his actions.” She then turned away from the queen. “And once he does, the guilt will eat him alive. He’ll know that this war will be his fault, and it will swallow him whole.”

Maska’s eyes widened and her pupils shrunk. She tried to process what she was hearing from the usually kind and caring mare - she had never expected such words to even consider to be thought up by her. But they were said, and she was not about to let Armonia get off easily. Maska’s ears flattened against her head and her muzzle scrunched up, her fangs now visible.

“No, Armonia,” she snarled. Armonia stopped in her tracks and turned her head.

“What?”

“I said no. You’re wrong. I’ll make sure that child will forgive himself in some way - one mistake does not deserve such hatred!”

The alicorn stared at her, before her muzzle also scrunched up. She swung her body around to face the queen again, stalking towards her.

“This is not just a mistake, Maska. This is a cause of war!”

“He’s a child!”

“I don’t care! And you shouldn’t either!”

“Well, I do. What are you going to do about it?”

“I… I’ll…” Armonia’s eye twitched as she searched for an answer. “You’ll see what he’ll do...To your daughter.” Her tensed up muscles then relaxed. “Then maybe after that, you’ll come to my way of thinking.” She then began to walk away from Maska. “It was nice speaking to you, my dear. Just remember when you lose everything, you’ll look back on your ignorance and die inside.”

Maska watched in silence as the mare left her alone, fading into the darkness of the night. Soon enough, she, for the first time, felt utterly alone.

“The only thing that’s died here is our friendship,” she hissed, before buzzing her wings and flying off in the opposite direction.


The tense feeling spread through the carriage as Tirek watched the rain patter against the window of their carriage. He was counting the drops as was Scorpan, to see who would win. At the moment, Scorpan was winning. Because he couldn’t count. Tirek groaned.

“What are you moaning about, boy!?” Vorak questioned hatefully. Tirek scowled in the direction of his Father and opened his mouth to speak of his boredom. Only, suddenly, their windows smashed open from a huge jolt of lightning. Or at least that was what they thought it was.

“Leaving so soon?” a confident voice smashed against their carriage, forcing the roof of it off and made even Vorak’s heart race like an over excited dog. “I assume that means the meeting of these Princes didn’t go very well…”

Puzzle followed closely behind his wife with a desperate grin, in a weak attempt to please her. Which she dissmissed completely. She leaned in over the carriage, only to be dwarfed slightly by the protective Vorak; who held his arms in front of his family in an effort to keep them safe.

“Who are you!?!” he spat aggressively, leaning closer in an attempt to intimidate the draconequus. She turned her head away slightly and tutted.

“No way to speak to a Lady…” she mumbled under her breathe. Sparks shot from Vorak’s eyes as he snorted roughly against his nostrils. “I am Queen Trigger of the Draconequi - the most insane and magnificent of all creatures.” She laughed. “And the most magical. Naturally anyway - unlike you centaur who steal from others to achieve power similar to that of a Unicorn!” She hissed back.

Behind Vorak’s back, Puzzle had snuck nearby Haydon and was keeping a prowling eye upon her children. Children who, albeit their size, she clutched and held above her feet. Puzzle snickered and poked her side, making her jump away and hiss aggressively at him. This alerted Vorak, who immediately turned to see Puzzle near his family.

His instincts kicked in and he bucked the male draconequus through the carriage and into the open.

“Are you okay?!” he asked his loved ones. Haydon nodded.

“I don't think he is, though…” she added referencing to a limp Puzzle on the ground. Vorak gulped, sensing the anger of Puzzle’s wife behind him. His head shot her direction.

“How. DARE. You.?” She asked in a low, hushed and scary tone, looking directly into Vorak’s eyes. His gaze met hers with confidence…

And she didn’t like that.

“I don’t go messing around with people...But when they mess around with me….” Vorak scowled hard. “They’re asking for whatever I can give them!”

Their eyes fell upon each others’ in a poor excuse of battle for intimidation; Vorak had the lead on her and needless to say, she was speechless.

“YES, Father!” Tirek boomed from his Mother’s weakening arms. Vorak glared in Tirek’s direction in response, and this disheartened the young centaur slightly. Trigger met Tirek’s gaze in humiliation and her eyes widened and a sick grin grew upon her features.

“Young Tirek!” she exclaimed, keeping locked eye contact with the centaur. “You didn’t like little Luna?” She mocked him as if her were three and Tirek scowled.

“I didn’t want Scorpan to be forced to waste his life with someone he didn’t love.” Tirek replied. Trigger’s brows raised in surprise that the ten year old could speak with such wit.

“You’re a clever one…” she began. “Much like my son...You both cause quite a bit of trouble…” Her voice lowered.

“You would’ve caused more for my brother.”

“No, Tirek; you’ve started a war…” she spoke. Tirek’s expression fell and his heart sunk...He had assumed his father had over exaggerated the situation and yet...when another adult told him...It finally hit. Vorak couldn’t hold back fully the detest he felt at present toward his son, and his features became heavy and cold. “ A war to end everything...No gargoyle, centaur, changeling, draconequus or even ALICORN will live through this… You, your parents and even your brother WILL DIE! ”

Author's Note:

Hehe...This took us a while an yet not even two hours XD We're continuing this; we promise!

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment