• Published 4th Jul 2012
  • 2,068 Views, 43 Comments

The Legend Of Harmony: The Eternal Eclipse - Radiant Eclipse



A threat awakes and it, along with the most known and dreaded antagonists of the Mane6 and whole Equestria, wants to take revenge, overthrow the princesses and reign supreme. But there is something doubtful about the ancient threat's true intent

  • ...
2
 43
 2,068

Chapter 12.5: Chaos or Havoc?

Discord run like lightning through the dusty streets of Ponyville, breathing heavily in pain and looking around with an anxious face. A stream of detonation sounds originated behind him, like a trail of explosions that intended to consume him.

Diving headlong into a side street, he hid himself in the shadows and panted, hoping to regain some of his energy and gaining courage to face his enemy.

“That was a terrible idea.” Discord lamented sulkily. “I can't believe I actually volunteered for this! Blimey! No time to mither, or else we will wither.”

Unsettling silence dominated the area with the attacks having come to an end. Discord took a look and walked out of the side road, unable to see Pariah no matter how hard he focused.

“What's up?” A deep, male voice from behind Discord asked him in a nonchalant manner.

“Not much.” He replied while still observing the area with all his convergence. “Just gaining the Elements of Harmony some time so they can save the world.”

“That's a bit thick.” The stranger acknowledged. “Saving the world from what exactly?”

“Well I don't know.” Discord replied in anger with an irascible mien. “How about the changeling invasion and the return of Pariah?”

“Come off it! Pariah is not that evil. At least I think his logic was flawless.” The newcomer defined his position.

“Are you crazy?!” Discord shouted out loud, before turning around and facing the stranger. “Do you even have any idea what you are capable of, Ray?”

“Well...” Radiant Eclipse replied with an pseudo unconfident voice. “It's not like I actually witnessed myself in person, but from what I got, I have the impression that I am very reasonable, and that in fact you and your friends are the foolish ones.”

“What could you possibly know about us and yourself?!” Discord responded in a furious manner. “The only thing you crave for is taking revenge on the world and everything you are doing to convince other people is just a hypocritical side of yourself to lure everypony into your traps and accomplish your own goals. Now leave me alone, Ray. I have to watch out for Ray.”

Discord turned around again and observed the area in an attempt to spot Pariah. Just a few second later, his eyes widened and his beating of the heart became unhealthily fast. His body got filled with adrenaline, causing his body to shake uncontrollably, while slowly turning back to the not so alien pony he just talked with.

“Hi!” Ray greeted him with a faked smile on his face.

“Bye!” Discord immediately shouted out loud, before he took to his heels and ran away.

Meanwhile, Radiant Eclipse chuckled and channeled dark magic in hooves, surrounding them in a sinister aura.

“Much has changed, but some things and ponies will never change.” He noted while giggling a bit, before calming down and playfully following Discord. “Back to the paper chase.”

While Discord was running away and thinking for a plan, Ray teleported himself onto a building and chased him by jumping from rooftop to rooftop, assaulting him with streams of energy blasts.

“What are you running from! First starting a game and then not wanting to finish it!? I pity you for what the ponies have done to you!” Ray mocked him for his own joy.

“Says the ungiving lunatic who already stabbed me in the back? I don't think it's your right to judge me!” Discord responded dismissive tone.

“Come off it! After all, it was you who taught me the delightful art of chaos!” Radiant Eclipse remarked viciously.

“There is a difference between my chaos and your havoc! Chaos is only for entertainment!” The Draconequus answered back.

“In all honesty, I don't see the difference!”
Out of nowhere, Ray appeared in front of Discord, surrounded by dark haze, gazing with a smirk right into his eyes.

“H-hi.” Discord started stuttering, while waving his claw like he would literally great him.

Ray laughed hysterically, before calming down and beginning to levitate, pressing his hoof against his Discord's chest and conducting energy into it.

“Bye.” He replied with a simper.

Discord sighed, seemingly accepting his fate. “I see what you did there.” He murmured.

Just as he closed his eyes, he felt a ginormous ache in his chest, and as he opened his eyes, he realized that he was flying uncontrollably over the village's buildings. He bawled in fear, unable to gain control over just one muscle in his body, and eventually, he slammed into the dusty ground of a plaza.

Slowly, he tried to stand up, but as soon as he began his attempt, at least a dozen changelings gathered themselves around him.

“Hey look.” One of them pointed out with the typical slightly artificially sounding, reverberating changeling-voice. “Love that is not older than a month. Bull's eye, guys!”

Just as the changelings let their horns glow and intended to absorb Discord's energy, Pariah stepped in. “No! Get along with you and suck someone else dry. He is mine.”

But the one pony who found the Draconequus to begin with was stubborn and defied him. “Who do you think you are, pony? You may have the trust of our queen, but the deal was clear. The princesses and your amulet. And now get you gone. We have some business to do.”

The changeling licked his teeth and once again channeled his energy into his horn, preparing himself to suck Discord dry. Just as he raised his head, an incredible pain passed through his head. It was Ray, slamming one of his hind legs against his face, causing the changeling's facial expression to change into something indescribable. The Force was strong enough to send him flying through the streets, leading him to dash into a building and incising its wall with its body.

The other changelings gazed at him in shock, but Radiant Eclipse simply smirked and put his leg down again. “Anyone else who wishes to have a... lively... discussion with me?”

The changelings backed off and fueled with panic, they ran and flew off, with only two actually helping the incapacitated brethren.

Discord stood up and stroke his right arm with one his claws. “I suppose I should thank you. You know, stealing my love for my friends is far worse than anything you could do to me.”

“Don't bet on it, old pal.” He replied sinisterly, before walking towards him.

Discord, not knowing what to do, reacted spontaneously and clicked his fingers. Out of thin air, a pitchfork appeared on the ground and Ray stepped on it, making it lift up and it's handle snap right in his face.

“Gosh darn it!” He shouted, holding his aching snout with his hooves.

Discord smiled and clicked his fingers once more, spawning a chocolate cake right in beneath Ray. He used this opportunity and pulled Pariah's hind legs away, making him fall and his face slam right into the cake.

Discord could not hold his breath any longer and burst out laughing. “A classic! I am truly a genius.”

But he knew that his time was short, so he quickly took flight. Meanwhile, Ray cleaned his face and licked the rest of the cake away, savoring the taste. “Dark chocolate torte. My favorite. I should be thankful for remembering this for all these years. Maybe I will show my gratitude by letting him outlast me. But just slightly.”

Discord found himself next to the town hall, breathing heavily and taking a break in the hope that he escaped him. “I don't know how long I can keep fighting... I mean buying them time.”

He walked towards the well and drank out of it. “Just what I needed.”

Discord gazed into the reflection and his eyes widened when he saw the reflection of his enemy in it. Quickly, he turned around, but the only thing he got was yet another attack that made him stave in the ground.

Once again, this time choking since his throat was still filled with water, he tried to stand up, but Ray grabbed him by the scruff of the neck and stared right into his eyes.

“So, Discord. And now you are going to tell me everything you know, or else I will make sure you won't last long enough to witness the end of this world.”

Discord moaned and intended to answer him, but he was already very outworn and needed to push himself to do so.

“I don't know anything you don't know already, Ray.” He replied with a weak, but serious voice.

“I don't think so. I think you know what Celestia, Luna and the bunch of fillies have planned, and you are going to tell me every little aspect about it, or else...” He answered with his magic energy causing sparks to emit around him.

“There is no plan. I am simply holding you off, so they can think about something else.” He successfully tried to convince him.

“Not a big surprise.” He slagged them off while letting go of him. “All their foolish attempts were pathetic anyway. You can buy them as much time as you want. They will not succeed.”

Discord repositioned himself and just sat their on the ground, gazing at him in bewilderment.

“What do you actually want, Ray. I just don't understand you.” Discord questioned him confusedly.

“You know exactly, what I want. I will do what is right... necessary, and bring an end to this conflict, once and for all.” Pariah expressed himself with a calm voice.

Just as he turned his head, he spotted something. A tribune decorated with balloons, and a pedestal on it, which contained his amulet.

“It's mine... I can't... believe it.” He immediately ignored him and headed slowly for his precious treasure, but he got interrupted by Discord.

“Wait, Ray! Don't do this, please!” He begged, causing Ray to stop and slightly turn his head to him.

“Do you really thing this is the answer to all your problems? Senseless destruction can't solve anything. It can't be the right thing to do, it can't!” He yelled at him.

Ray took a few second and gazed dolefully at the ground. “Even if it is not the right thing to do, it's still the only hope I see, and I will fulfill my promise I once gave...”

Slowly he walked away from him and climbed up the stairs attached to the tribune. “...That's the only thing left that matters to me now...”

He had a dreamy smile on his lips as he grabbed his amulet and looked at it. “It's not even sealed. They forgot about it. Once in my life, I am the lucky one. And finally... it all can end.”

Just in a blink of an eye, the amulet dissolved in his hooves and faded away like thin air. Ray starred at it in shock, unable to comprehend what just happened. His hopes were crushed once more, leaving him in his state of distress again.

“So... that was a part of their plan too, huh?” He wondered funereally.

Discord stood on his feet and swallowed anxiously. The air around Ray was slowly consumed by a dark veil that engulfed his body, which slowly began to cover the ground around him. He turned his shrouded head to Discord, but only these red, sanguinary lights in his eyes were visible through the mist of darkness. Discord backed off and he trembled with fear, knowing that his ordeal had just begun.

Comments ( 5 )

I'm still thinking Discord is cooler :P

3098905 Discord is amazing, no doubt.

3095112 Hihihi. Thank you. You can advertise if you wish :3

3095172 The most recent chapter isn't technically a cliffhanger. It discribes the events that lead to the incapitated Discord.

Login or register to comment