• Published 4th Jul 2012
  • 2,068 Views, 43 Comments

The Legend Of Harmony: The Eternal Eclipse - Radiant Eclipse



A threat awakes and it, along with the most known and dreaded antagonists of the Mane6 and whole Equestria, wants to take revenge, overthrow the princesses and reign supreme. But there is something doubtful about the ancient threat's true intent

  • ...
2
 43
 2,068

Chapter 10: The Calm before the Storm

For the next parts, there is no reason for explaining you what you may not comprehend. Everything that happened that time was self-explanatory. It was a conflict; and not much else.

So without further intermissions, let us continue to tell this legend.

========

The flame red sunset bestrode the sky of Equestria and beyond. More than a whole day has passed since the incident with the purple explosion and the possible outbreak of Pariah and defeat of the Elements of Harmony.

Unsurprisingly, the crowd, consisting of thousands of ponies and several other species, continued to celebrate in their illusion of safety and everlasting elation.

But at the moment, they were completely silent and focused only on a little filly on a tribune near the entrance to Ponyville, who stood in front of a microphone on an upright column.

This filly was indeed Sweetie Belle, the most gifted singer of her age and the elected one to perform the song that accompanies with the legend of Pariah.

Though she had been put under stress since the princesses had revealed her and her friends the truth about Pariah's return, she swallowed her tremulousness and sang the lyrics as angelic as always.


Once upon a time, beyond we see
Lived one of us, the darkest entity
A soul of fragility
Doomed to rage eternally
Not a single light seemed to come
In darkness they believed we did belong

But from the ashes of fading aspiration
The heroes not succumbed reached ascension
The guardians of good and glory
Faced the gloomy pony in its fury
Vanquished the reverse and the dark
Allowed once more the hope to spark


A young pony longing for its love
Dolor, in vain, forlorn and alone
Galloping in the nearing nightfall
Hatred, despair, lonesome and consumed
A young pony longing for its life
Never, turn back, fulfill your fortune
Erasing the fading sunlight
Face the destiny of the doomed


Havoc never seen to have ceased
Elation yet to be released
Hearts broken, minds obscured
Harmony not found nor cured
Clouds of ignominy blocked the sun
Thoughts of the past engulfed all fun

The first red rose and blue sky
With the wind a slight hope came by
Fertile plains to be harvested
Might of gracious wings unsettled
And magic with its great idea
With the Fire of friendship found Equestria


A young pony longing for its love
Living with an everlasting frown
Desiring the never coming call
A black snowdrop never to have bloomed
A young pony longing for its life
Waiting to break out of the cocoon
Dreams of bringing the eternal night
'Cause his return has been loomed


If you could try to land me a hand
I am sure we would understand
No words can say how much I care
Together we can take a stand

Don't fall apart, sing with your heart
And always take it with you back to the start
Never decay, live every day
Always resist against the darkest sway


A young pony longing for its love
A young pony longing for its life
Dolor, in vain, forlorn and alone
Living with an everlasting frown
Galloping in the nearing nightfall
Desiring the never coming call
Hatred, despair, lonesome and consumed
A black snowdrop never to have bloomed
Never, turn back, fulfill your fortune
Waiting to break out of the cocoon
Erasing the fading sunlight
Dreams of bringing the eternal night
Face the destiny of the doomed
'Cause his return has been loomed


Don't fall apart, sing with your heart
And always take it with you back to the start
Never decay, live every day
Always resist against the darkest sway

Don't fall apart, sing with your heart
Together in friendship let us be a part
Never despond, friends will respond
Always stick in the harmony's bond

Don't fall apart, sing with your heart
And always take it with you back to the start
Never decay, live every day
Always resist against the darkest sway

Sing with your heart


She heavily breathed in and out after the last word has be sung by her debonaire, most charming voice. Immediately after a short respite, the crowd started to applaud and praise her excessively. Not even the princesses were reluctant to do so.

Sweetie Belle smiled, feeling the sensation of deserved proud, honor and gratification, especially when she could clearly see that Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon were eating their hearts out.

Shortly after she had been eulogized by everypony, she took a step backward and returned to her friends, the other Cutie Mark Crusaders.

As Celestia and Luna approached the microphone, the applause quickly faded away to give them the chance to continue the Festival of the Eclipse.

“Thank you very much, Sweetie Belle.” Luna praised her thankfully.

“The song our hearts embrace every 25 years. A song that tells the story of facing your fears no matter who or what you are. No matter if you are in the brightest light, or the most gloomy darkness, friends will always be there to guide you and bring you happiness and joy. A story that teaches us, that if we stick together, we can defeat even the greatest of all threats.

Pariah was one of these dangers for our well-being, but even if it seemed hopeless, and the spirit was fading, we never gave up. We fought until the end, and won the battle. And when we can defeat something as big as Pariah was, imagine what else we can do to bring ourselves the deserved peace and joyance. I, as your princess, vow by my duty as your princess, that we will maintain this golden age of great fortune for all eternity.”

Once more, the ponies and other species applauded the princesses openly, but since they respected their rulers, the applause did not last long, expecting Celestia and Luna to continue their speech.

Unfortunately, ponies could still hear a clapping that did not stop, not far from their position. A standing figure, covered in the shadow of a tree's leaves, gazed in direction of the princesses and the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

“Impressive. Very impressive.” The shadowy creature praised the forceful speakers. “Your words and the filly's voice were indeed compelling.”

The shade walked out of the tree's shadow and marched towards the princesses. The crowd saw what the being was. A colt, walking only on his hind legs, with a completely black fur, violet mane and tail, as well as lavender colored eyes.

They did not know why, but there was something sinister in his eyes and in his voice; and his Cutie Mark left an impression of menace, though unexplainable since they could not interpret it. The black colt attracted all attention; and because he stroke everypony with awe, they gave away to him.

Nearly at the outer brink of the crowd, about 40 meters away from the princesses, he stopped moving and smirked while gazing into the alicorn's eyes. “Long time no see... Celestia and Luna.”

The princesses faces grazed both a shock and trepidation, unable to confront this familiar opponent.

“What is the matter?” He questioned them. “Suddenly lost all spirit? How disappointing.”

He intended to walk a step closer, but 3 Royal Pegasus Guards with lances stood tautly between them.

“Stay were you are!” One of the guards threaten him. “In the name of Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, I must arrest you because of irreverent behavior and for preventing this festival from going on as planned.”

The black colt giggled and did not took the guards serious at all. “Don't make me laugh. I have no time for such bravado. Get out of my way.”

Like their opponent, the guards did not listen and held their line. The dark pony shook his head disappointingly and went into action. “Fine! Have it your way!”

A dark, sparks emitting aura covered his left foreleg and before they could say knife, they were tossed aside by something that seemed like a steam of magic controlled by the black colt, that quickly faded away. Flying uncontrollably over the heads of hundreds of ponies, the Royal Guards crashed headfirst into fruit and veg stalls.

The foe chuckled delightedly. “Classic.” He pointed out before focusing back on the princesses.

A discomposure enshrouded all attendees, as well as the Cutie Mark Crusaders who hid behind Celestia and Luna, even though these four fillies were aware of who and what this black colt was. Everypony kept a safe distance from the black colt and questions like 'who is he?' and 'what did he just do?' arose in the mumble of the crowd.

“What?” He questioned the ponies in the crowd. “Is that everything? No terror? No tears because of who stands in front of you?”

He gazed through the crowd. Though they very quite afraid of what he did to the guards, they did not seem to be in utter anguish and agony. At the beginning, he was absolutely confused, but quickly, he comprehended and gave the princesses a vicious smile.

“You did not tell them? Nobody knows who I am?” He asked rhetorically, before he laughed balefully. “Oh this is better than I could have ever imagined”

The black colt calmed down again and teleported a book in his hand with a by flipping. It looked exactly like the historical tradition Twilight brought with her on her journey.

“Does anyone, just a single one in this crowd, know what this book is?” He asked without getting any positive response.

“I can't believe it. Are you too busy or too ignorant to read something as important about history as this book contains?” He frowned upon everypony else.

“It is a historical tradition about what you are celebrating here at this festival. It contains everything, even a little prophecy I would like to share with you.”

The black colt cleared his throat and read a passage of the book he has in his hooves. “Thus spoke Pariah, he would return one day, overcoming every obstacle no matter what and finish what he once began, shortly before the fiftieth time the world experiences a near-drowning in lasting darkness...”

He simply smirked and was fascinated by all the daunted, but also confused gazes others gave him as he threw the book away.

“Suddenly, it makes sense that all of you were so elated and carefree. You are unaware of everything and even now, I can see that bewilderment plagues your minds. But don't worry, I will open your eyes.”

The black colt turned to the princesses and asked them a fundamental question. “Shall I tell them, or do you wish to?”

“This won't be necessary.” Luna stated unwaveringly.

“You are the reason we celebrate this festival.“ Celestia continued. “You are the dark pony the light fears. You are the incarnation of disharmony. You are... Pariah.”

Finally, everypony comprehended who stood in front of them. His beating around the bush may have caused some fear, but this revelation filled their minds and hearts with terror and agony. They distanced themselves away from him.

“Now, you finally understand who I am. Yes. It is true. I am the pony legends refer to as Pariah. Well, not exactly actually. As you may have recognized, I look like a simple Earth Pony; nothing special, but that I have very dark fur. I know I am described as a monstrosity of a pony, with 4 wings and a horn. And that is why I am here.”

He gazed balefully at the princesses. “To take something back you two stole from me to become whole again.”

He smirked and walked towards the princesses while channeling dark magic in his hooves. “So; let's not waste time.”

“On your position!” A stallion shouted out loud, after which dozens of Royal Guards, as well as Night Guards, Earth Ponies, Unicorns and Pegasi alike came out of seemingly nowhere and surrounded Pariah, pointing their pikes and horns at him.

Immediately after that, another voice, a voice of a mare, resounded. “Take stand!” The mare yelled, causing several more armored ponies to give up their cover and surround Pariah. These ponies looked different from their common counterparts, shining like they were covered up in oil in a gleaming armor. At last, the two commanding ponies, Shining Armor in his uniform and Princess Candace stepped on the tribune and showed the dark pony that they were ready to defend Equestria.

Pariah, unsurprisingly, was not afraid at all, rather amused and sniggered. “Oh this is getting better and better with every minute. So you are telling me that your guard knows about my return, but your subjects don't? Oh Celestia, Luna. I am so deeply disappointed in you.”

He gazed around and simpered. “Crystal Ponies? Interesting. I always thought they were so introverted that they would never leave the Crystal Empire. Well, things change apparently.”

“My subjects, back out of this” Celestia ordered; and because of their fear, they did not object and distanced themselves from the conflict even further.

“Finally, a bit of sense in your actions.” He slagged the princesses off.

“We were always acting wisely.” Luna confronted him. “Letting our subjects live in constant fear from you? No, we could allow this to be.”

“But of course not. You have always been that kindhearted.” Pariah replied disparagingly

He turned to the dozens of guards that surrounded him. “Don't waste yourselves away. You don't have a chance against me. Nopony has anymore. Just let me pass; and it will be over quickly.”

Not to his surprise but to his resentment, they held their line. Though they showed courage, he could feel that they were afraid of him; and Pariah enjoyed that.

“Fine. If you want it the hard way...” He commented about their action.

Then, Pariah whistled. Surprisingly, seemingly appearing out of thin air, green flames covered up dozens of ponies in the crowd and their true formed revealed itself. They were like a combination of ponies and flies, with a small horn and dragon-like wings on their back. Colored in dark gray, they had no pupils in their bluish eyes; and two fangs emblazed their powerful set of teeth.

They spat furiously at the innocent civilians which made them petrified of these creatures, before quickly soaring into the air and ambushing the flathoofed and shocked guardians. They were easily overwhelmed by this fierce force, though some of them were not captured and bore against the ground, but cornered by these beings.

“May I introduce you?” Pariah said respectfully. “My attendant crowd, these are the Changelings. Changelings, these are the inhabitants of Equestria, including the Crystal Empire and beyond. And how could I forget to welcome your precious and sagacious ruler, Queen Chrysalis.”

Introducing her and bowing to her, green flames suddenly right next to him, from which the infamous Changelings Queen arose. She waved her mane around and moaned happily.

“Aah. Yes. Equestrian air. Always fresh and always having the right temperature. It is good to be here again. I should visit it more often. No, no. Better idea.”

She smirked in Celestia's and Luna's direction. “I will conquer it so I have no reason to ever return.”

Celestia immediately recognized her and fury collected itself in her eyes “You!”

But before she could continue, a sound, a menacing buzzing, seemed to came closer and closer. Uncountable shadows darkened parts of the ground, as the buzzing came closer with each second. Utter shock graced the ponies' faces when hundreds, if not a thousand more Changelings flew from the Everfree Forest right behind Queen Chrysalis and Pariah.

Many of them formed brigades of dozens of warriors, but a big part also remained in the air. The daunting army that formed up behind the two evil beings imposed agony on every single pony and individuals of other species, causing even the unfearful Shining Armor to swallow nervously.

Barely with anypony noticing it, another changeling, a unique looking, with a blue hair and tale, sharper wings, longer fangs, a edgy horn and eyes similar to those of Chrysalis, as well as a similar plate on his back. She stroke his neck a little, with a gentle smile like a mother, to which the young changeling nodded with a severe gaze on his face.

Pariah starred into the shocked princesses eyes, but simply chuckled. “Oh come on. Did you really think that I would face you all on my own once again? No, no, no, no, no. You see, I learn from my mistakes. But I assume you will as well when you get a second chance, like me.”

He abruptly stopped and smirked balefully. “Pardon me. You won't have another chance.”
Stone-cold silence ruled the entire situation after this assumable fulmination, but Pariah shock his head and remembered something.

“Oh yes.” Pariah suddenly commented. “Somehow, I completely forgot about this. Ahem, bring me the horn please.”

To his order, one of several Changelings in armor, probably serving commanders, marched towards the black colt and delivered him a horn-like shaped object in awe stricken silence. Pariah took it much obliged and held with one hoof in front of him, deliberately presenting it to the crowd and his main opponents.

This horn was curved and had an unusual color gradient. On the top, it was red, quickly becoming darker until it is completely black at the bottom.

Suddenly, Cadance's facial expression changed from bravery into disquiet, because she recognized what that strange object actually was.

“No. It's his horn...”

“Exactly, Princess of the Crystal Empire.” He told her with pride. “It is time to welcome an old friend of yours.”

The foreleg he held the horn with cramped when he channeled so incredible high amounts of magic in it, that is literally engulfed it.

“Time to release... the shadow.”

He squalled, groaning while clenching his teeth, as he canalized tremendous amounts of dark magic into the horn. Slowly, but consistently, a viscous substance, some sort of dark energy, formed itself under hoof, taking the shape of a pony-like figure, though still very inchoate.

“Stop him!” Celestia ordered the remaining guards that were not captures by the changelings, but even though they tried, they were prevented from doing so by a whole enemy brigade and were taken captivated; simply by being stomped down on the ground and hold there.

With a simple signal, Chrysalis ordered her troops to drag them to the side so the show was clear for everypony to see.

“Oh please, Celestia.” Pariah commented about her aggressive behavior. “Why so impatient? The real show hasn't even begun, yet.”

He still held he horn and soon, inside the shadow, two eyes appeared right under the horn itself. They had brilliant scarlet, dragon-like pupils, surrounded by a green conjunctiva which emitted a lavender veil of magic.

“I know you... shadow of your former self. And I request your help to take revenge on those who imposed this gruesome doom on you. You may know me. nor trust me, so I will be obliging and give you back what the ponies once took from you. Consider it a token of our new friendship.”

With his other hoof, he flipped; using his magic to teleport another object and holding it in the air with a levitation spell. As if the return of this evil shade was not enough, Pariah also managed to gain access to a quintessential artifact both Cadance and Shining Armor recognized.

“Impossible! How did you get access to the Crystal Heart!?” Cadance yelled at him.

“Oh please, Princess Cadance.“ He replied. “Now you are offending me. Your protection spell was very easy to overcome and besides that, all your loyal subjects weren't there to protect it, since they had been here, celebrating the festival to honor me.”

He gazed at the precious, crystalline heart. “Aah yes. The Crystal Heart. Even when I was a young colt, this artifact was shrouded in legend. It is a catalyst that amplifies positive emotions, especially love; and turns them into very strong magic, capable to bring happiness and prosperity over all of Equestria, maybe even beyond. It is so strong, that it allows to have an area as big as the empire itself to be lush green and nice and warm, but also able to be cultivated; in a hostile place like the Arctic, though I won't even begin to question why they formed the empire there in the first place.
“And now, I have this precious relict in my own hooves. And it will serve my purposes perfectly. As it contains a huge amount of light in itself, I shall free you from your curse and give you a second chance.”

Without hesitation, he slammed the Crystal Heart into the shade; and when it was engulfed completely, the dark eyes widened and the shadow screamed stridently. A bright, white light covered it over and blinded most attendees, but Pariah who stared viciously at his work.

“Stop! Don't do it Pariah!” Cadance begged him, but he did not care.

Soon, the light faded and as the now corrupted Crystal Heart fell down on the ground, it revealed that the shadow has vanished, but instead, there stood another pony in front of Pariah. It was a unicorn stallion with that strange horn on his head. It was gray with a black mane and tail. It wore armor made of iron and on his back, a robe that looked kingly.

The Unicorn opened his demonic eyes and starred satanically into the black colts eyes.

“Tell us your name.” Pariah request him respectfully.

The gray Unicorn smirked balefully, but answered his question with pleasure. “Sombra. King Sombra.”

Pariah put forth one of his hooves and pointed at the royalty on the tribune.

“Sombra. I know you and your history. These ponies are your enemies. They have taken away your body, sealed you into ice and most of all, they have taken your regal right to rule the Crystal Empire and their inhabitants as their sovereign. And then, they destroyed you another time.

“Oh; and besides.“ He added when he turned to the princesses. “Seriously, Celestia and Luna? Turning a pony into a shadow and banishing him into ice? That is not typical for you. Seems like you get desperate easily. Well, this situation here right now proves it anyway, so what else do I have to say about it.”

Celestia and Luna looked furiously at him, to his very pleasure. “Anyway, I would like to offer you something, Sombra.” He said while Sombra himself stared angrily at Princess Cadance who he recognized easily.

“I am the one that quickened your regeneration into a shadow by one thousand years; and I even gave you a new body so you can use the true extent of your power; and be whole once again. Join me, and we will teach these insolent ponies a lesson.”

Sombra questioned the pony in front of him, but he could feel a very cold presence coming from him. His gaze got distracted by the sight of the Crystal Heart.

“Still not trusting me?” Pariah asked while he realized what Sombra had in mind. “But I know how to make you.”

Without saying anything, he took some steps forward, presenting himself openly. He put one of his hind legs on the Crystal Heart, like a conqueror mounting a flag into the ground on a hill, and put pressure on it.

“What are you doing with the Crystal Heart?!” Cadance asked him furiously.

“Oh please. Who needs happiness and prosperity anyway?”

“W-what?!”

But before she could even move, Pariah already channeled magic into his hoof and rammed it into the Crystal Heart, causing it to crack and shatter into uncountable pieces. Sombra laughed diabolically, obviously pleased by what the black colt just did.

“No!” The royal ponies shouted desperately, but it was way too late for them to act.

Pariah smirked happily and turned to Sombra. “The only weapon they could use against you has been destroyed by my own hooves. Do you trust me now?”

To which Sombra delightedly replied. “Yes”

“Splendid” Pariah responded happily. “But first.”

He introduced Sombra to Chrysalis. “Sombra, this is Chrysalis, queen of the changelings; the ginormous army you see behind her. Chrysalis, this is Sombra; former dictator of the Crystal Empire.”

Funnily enough, these two greeted each other with much respect, like they would feel some sort of sudden bond of affection towards each other.

Sombra walked over her and kissed one of her hooves she reached out for him. “It is benevolent to meet someone as enchanting as you are.”

“Oh my. You abash me. The pleasure is entirely mine.”

Seeing this licentious display of affection made the Cutie Mark Crusaders shiver and feel execrate.

“This for sure isn't lovely at all.” Scootaloo pointed out to which her friends nodded.

Even Pariah did not feel very well when he had to watch this odd situation, so he tried his best to bring their attack back as the number one topic by flipping.

“Ahem. Guys? Didn't you forget something?” He explained while pointing at the princesses. “Something about taking vengeance and such?”

Pushed out of their daydream, Sombra and Chrysalis blushed backed off form each other a little. Pariah shook his head and turned back to his opponents.

“How did you even manage to get so much support and knowledge? We thought you were released just yesterday.” Celestia asked him inquisitively.

“Impressed, huh?” He replied. “Of course I had to push myself a little to make it in time, but I knew exactly where to begin with.”

“How that?” Luna sought for unveiling.

“By tracking down the paths the darkness has gone, of course.” He answered her question.

“What do you mean by that?” Cadance questioned him discomposedly.

“Light in this world is everywhere. But darkness; darkness sticks out like a flower in a dessert in this place. I can feel its presence, as I am darkness myself. I felt two ginormous presences of darkness near me, next to some tiny sprinkles here and there I did not bother to inspect. In the place the ponies call 'The Badlands', the kingdom of the changelings behind the southern dessert; and of course in the Arctic North near the Crystal Empire. I did not knew what would await me there, but it would turn out that I would be gently assuaged.
“The changelings were hostile at the beginning, but when they felt my magic, they backed off and I came into contact with their queen. Knowing that I would gain their assistance, I galloped towards the Crystal Empire. It was night, when I arrived and somewhere in the snow, I found Sombra's horn. At that time, I did not quite understand what it was and why it contained such much energy, so I decided to visit the local library to understand it. Realizing that nobody was in the Crystal Empire, I ran riot and gathered every piece of information I could get. Since the history considering Sombra has been written down, I knew what to do. Take it and the Crystal Heart with me; and so I did.
“Without hesitation, I returned and waited here for the perfect timing to let my plan do its job and succeed.”

The ponies; but also the changelings along with Chrysalis and Sombra were very impressed of his plan. Managing something like this in such a short time was indeed something that left a big impression.

“So you are telling me that you can gallop through Equestria off the reel in half a day?!” Shining Armor questioned him unbelieving.

“Well...” He replied before he instantly teleported himself right in front of him by using magic. “This helped out quite much.” He answered before teleporting himself back to the spot where he just stood on.

Once more, everything seemed to have been spoken out, but Pariah was not quite finished, yet.

“So Celestia, Luna. Will you make it easy for us and your subjects and simply surrender now? Or will you allow terror to break loose in Equestria and us to take revenge on you?”

“Wait, no!” Celestia shouted out loud. “Chrysalis, Sombra! I do not know Pariah made you trust him or promised you, but it is not in his intention to keep it! It is not his sole desire to take revenge. He craves to not simply destroy us, but everything! If you follow him, you will meet the same fate he threatens us with. If you allow him to continue, he will wipe out our world, along with you.”

Chrysalis and Sombra where quite shocked about what Celestia revealed about him. That was untypical for her, trying to back off from a confrontation. She seemed to be desperate, something they did not expect to see from here. But before they could scrutinize Pariah, he chuckled.

“And once again, you let me down. So desperate? I never made them trust me; and I never promised anything. They simply followed me because of my power.”

He stood between his allies and his opponents. “I don't care what you do with Equestria or anything else. You can conquer it, destroy it; it's not my busyness. All I want are the princesses and my amulet. The rest is in your hooves. And now, where I am here, you have probably the best chance you will ever have to do so.

“After all, you have no reason to distrust me. Chrysalis, I served you a gigantic amount of love on a silver plate; and Sombra, I did not only speed your regeneration process up, I also gave you a whole new body. Not just that, but because of me, you have a chance to take revenge on Cadance and take back your kingship.”

“No!” Luna interrupted him. “Don't you realize? Pariah is not a pony, not anymore! You cannot trust him. He has become pure darkness; and he will show now mercy when he achieved his goal!”

But Pariah simply shook his head. “He-he, they are right. I am not a pony, not really at least. But like I said. I never asked or forced you to do anything. All I did was because I wanted it that way. What you do now is completely your decision. You can join Celestia and Luna and stop me, if you want to. Or you can stand by my side to oppress your enemies. The choice is yours, but choose wisely.”

After his speech, he made a step towards the princesses, seemingly incentivizing Chrysalis and Sombra to make their decision by distancing himself from them. Nearly without hesitation, they followed him, with Chrysalis on his left side and Sombra on his right side.

“No” Celestia begged them. “You are doing a horrible mistake. He is not a po...”

But Chrysalis interrupted her heedlessly. “I don't care if he is a pony or not. His logic is flawless and he already showed himself to be a great ally. If he says he simply wants you and his amulet for what reason whatsoever, I can live with that easily.”

To which Sombra added with a sinister voice. “I agree.”

Without Sombra or Chrysalis noticing, his facial expression changed from seriousness to a diabolic grin. And they noticed something, something in his eyes. Seemingly some sort of a red light in his eyes, as malignity itself would residence in them. Quickly, this and his gaze faded away, and Pariah continued to badmouth the princesses.


“Well, looks like the cards have been dealt out. Everything was so easy, it's embarrasses me to see you in this situation. You are resisting me, but you have no chance against me and an entire army. Especially now where the Elements of Harmony aren't anymore to stop me or my allies again.”

“Actually...” Chrysalis commented. “It was Cadance and Shining Armor who foiled my plans.”

“Same to me.” Sombra added.

Pariah starred at Chrysalis and Sombra in bewilderment. “Seriously? That is... rather distressing to be honest.”

“Wait! What?!” About every pony asked in shock when they comprehended Pariah's words.

“What have you done to my sister you monster?!” Shining Armor questioned him irately.

“Your sister? He asked before he took a look at his Cutie Mark and comprehended. “Ah... I see. You mean Twilight I suppose. Well, she, alongside her friends, are currently buried under a million tons of debris and rubbish.”

“What?!” Once more echoed loudly through the crowd.

“No! You lie!” Cadance yelled at him. “They can't have lost against you!”

“What have we done...?” Celestia and Luna moaned over their mistakes.

“They are the Elements of Harmony!” Shining Armor convinced himself. “No pony can defeat them.” He explained before a tear streamed down his face.

But like always, Pariah shook his head in resentment and revealed everything. “They tried to convince me that this world has something left for me after they have accidentally released me. I refused and told them to get out of my way, but they resisted. And such, I had to face them; and get rid off them.”

The ponies in front of them sobbed and tried to deny it by yelling at him, calling him a lyer because he had no solid proof, but he indeed had and so, he kept his tone.

“Fluttershy; a yellow Pegasus and the Element of Kindness. Rarity, a light gray Unicorn and the Element of Generosity. Pinkie Pie, a, obviously, very random pink Earth Pony and the Element of Laughter. Rainbow Dash, a blue pain in the neck of a Pegasus and the Element of Loyalty. Applejack, an orange Earth Pony with a strange accent and the Element of Honesty. Their best friend, a little, purple dragon called Spike. And last but not least, Twilight Sparkle, an incredibly gifted violet Unicorn and Element of Magic.”

“R-Rainbow Dash...” Scootaloo sobbed.

“A-Applejack...” Apple Bloom sniveled while by hugged tightly by Babs Seed.

“R-Rarity...” Sweetie Belle lamented in tears.

Celestia gazed furiously at him, nearly tearing up. “Only because you know their name doesn't mean...”

“The historical tradition is the best proof.” Pariah replied cold-heartedly. “I found it some hooves away from the spot where the mountain collapsed. It is hers, because she quoted it before our battle to convince me and asking me questions. How should I know about it in the first place if it would not have been that way?”

“You monster!” Sweetie Belle yelled at him with a tearful voice.

“Hmpf.” He retorted. “Call me what you want, but it was not my fault. They resisted me after I tried to be reasonable. I never wanted to combat them, but they were too stubborn, so they had to pay the price.”

He shook his head and continued to explain himself. “That is why I am warning you. I don't want to harm anyone, but I've I have to, I will take you out with my own hooves, like the bearers of the Elements of Harmony.”

“Expect that you did not took us out!” A familiar voice called from an unknown spot.

Everypony recognized that voice and before they could say knife, a popular Unicorn stepped on the tribune alongside her friends. All attendees smiled and breathed a sigh of relief while rubbing the tears out of their eyes,

There they were. Just thought to be gone forever, they were standing strong and tall. Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack, and Pinkie Pie with their respective element, and even Spike. They gazed seriously to Pariah, who had a hard time holding the enraged Chrysalis and Sombra off.

“But where is...” One of the fillies asked before another pony pressed her hoof on the filly's mouth.

Pariah was completely confused, even in shock when he saw that his opponents where jolly and once more ready to face him. This time, he was unable to understand, so he needed to ask them.

“But... how?”

“To put it in your own words.” She said before teleporting herself in front of him. “This helped out quite much.” Twilight explained snootily before quickly teleporting herself back to her former position.

Though the princesses and Shining Armor desired to embrace her now, it was an inappropriate situation, but they helped her holding her line by standing right behind her. Pariah on the contrary clenched his teeth in anger and even snarled in his fury, before calming down after some seconds.

“Darn teleportation spell. Always preventing strong attack from taking effects." He mumbled before he focussed back on his opponents.

He-he... You really never cease to surprise me. I thought you are one of the most gifted Unicorn's I have ever seen, but now I realize the true potential inside you. Performing this spell with barely any stamina left and in the calamity you were.”

Still standing on his hind legs, he began to applaud her, which she took as an insult an rejected.

“Though it doesn't matter, as you I defeated you because you yourself don't comprehend your own potential.”

“Cut it out!” Twilight replied angrily.

“Enough with your friendly chatting.” Rarity continued abrasively.

“What's all this fuss about anyway?” Applejack added confusedly.

“You want to make everypony cry; and I will not let this happen.” Pinkie Pie explained before putting out her party-canon and aiming at him.

“I am sorry Ray.” Fluttershy continued.” But...”

“But it doesn't matter if you are nice towards us! Your goal remains the same! To destroy this world!” Spiked interrupted her, to which Fluttershy nodded supportively.

Pariah shook his head once again, but this time, rage seemed to control his mind. “I tried to make it easy for you, but you did not listen! I tried to make it easy for you as well, Celestia, Luna, Cadance, Shining Armor, but you did not listen and defied me! And now you are defying me once again, Twilight Sparkle?!”

Incredible powerful, dark magic began to cover his body in thunder-like channels. “I tried what I could to avoid conflicts, but you were too stubborn. Alright! I will cut it out! You want the Pariah from the legend, so you will get it! But don't expect me to contain myself when your lying on the ground with tears in your eyes!”

Once again, his malignity seem to shine in crimson inside of his eyes, with Twilight noticing it this time. “W-What is...”

He began to walk towards his enemies, with his allies following him, ready to unleash terror on the ponies, but suddenly, Celestia mumbled something. “Now.”

From behind the tribune, Discord appeared and shot a gigantic firework towards Pariah.

“Long time no see old pal!” He yelled joyfully.

“Discord?!” He realized in bewilderment as the rocket flew in his direction.

Celestia turned to the crowd to warn them. “Run away and seek shelter!”

Before hitting Pariah and his allies, the rocket exploded, but not as they were expected. Instead, it realeased a light so bright that it blinded everypony who starred right into it. The crowd did as they were ordered and run away into Ponyville to seek shelter. The captures guards managed to escape because of the distracted changelings and returned to their captain and princess.

“We gotta go now!” Twilight told Celestia.

“Do you still have the amulet?”

“I hid it!” She replied

They understood and trusted Twilight, so they followed their plan and galloped away as quickly as they could, just as the bright light faded away. He tried to aim at the his going opponents, but suddenly, he realized something.

“Wait! Where is Rainbow Dash?!”

He suddenly heard something that resembled a war cry echoing from above him. He turned his head into the ear and looked with a shocked gaze at the things that rushed towards him. It was a rainbow-colored Pegasus that flew so fast towards him that it caused some sort of angle in front of her, the same technique she once tried on him as well in the cave.

“Oh this Pegasus is really starting to annoy me...”

---------------

The guards scattered around the city to protect it and civilians. Just the heroes and their friends jumped from the tribune and galloped away, they heard the ginormous bang Rainbow Dash's attack had caused. As they turned around, an enormous, rainbow-colored mushroom cloud rose from the ground into the air, like the one Applejack experienced when she was supposed to destroy Applejack's old shed.

As the mushroom cloud faded away, the causer herself flew uncontrollably in the direction of her friends, but was gently caught and brought to the ground by Celestia's magic.

Leaning on her Rarity and Applejack, she chuckled with a wide smile on her face. “Finally... That will teach him”

“Are you alright?” Fluttershy asked her solicitously.

“But of course. I am fit as a fiddle” She said while groaning a bit. “Okay... maybe a little brake.”

Suddenly, Shining Armor and Cadance embraced Celestia, as well did the Cutie Mark Crusaders with their respective family members and role model; even Discord who hugged Fluttershy blithely. Since Spike and Pinkie Pie were left out, they hugged each other, though they were quickly embraced by everypony else, which made especially Pinkie Pike grin happily.

Though the reunion was filled with love, tears of relief and laughter, Shining Armor turned around to the tribune and asked the inevitable. “Now what do we do?”

To which Twilight replied grievingly. “I... I don't know.”

----------------

As the dust settled again, Pariah, kneeling on the ground stood up and beat the dust out of his fur. “Rainbow Dash sure has some unique skills.”

He turned his head and saw all the changelings scattered slightly stricken on the ground, but alongside Sombra and their queen, they managed to stand up again.

He starred at the flame red sky and closed his eyes, seemingly forcing himself to keep cool. “Soon... it will be over...”
He regained focus and walked towards the tribune, channeling his magic energy as the crimson spark in his eyes returned.

“Chrysalis, Sombra. If you seek to do so... burn this place to ashes...”