• Published 16th Oct 2015
  • 979 Views, 58 Comments

To Devour the Seventh World - Unwhole Hole



A soldier from a long-forgotten war awakens in modern Equestria to find that his work is not yet done.

  • ...
11
 58
 979
This story has been marked as having adult content. Please click below to confirm you are of legal age to view adult material in your country.

Confirm
PreviousChapters
Comments ( 20 )

6532252 a total of 8 views, No likes or dislikes and over 200,000 words, all posted on the same day, their only story AND only joined 2 days ago
So tell me.... any good?

Great story, loved it. Was looking for a story like this for awhile. Thanks for writing it :)

6532606 Haven't read it but ya that's astronomical. Or maybe he planned thus Yknow? Like wrote it before joining? Then copy and pasted parts or something. I'm not sure but if he did it in one day this guy has some mad fast hands. Like really.

I still hate this Celestia. Maybe it's because I'm American and have a penchant for good rebels winning the day.She should have stayed dead for the horrible crimes that she committed.Sure it was for a quote better future but I'm sure all the ponies she slaughtered wouldn't see it that way.The battle seemed like freedom vs security and for me freedom wins out every time. I still gave this an up vote unlike a few others because besides what I brought up it was a good story that didn't do the wrong things.

It has just come to my attention that most stories are added chapter-by chapter instead of all at once to allow for ongoing commentary and review. I did not know this. However, even if the story is done, I do appreciate feedback and criticism because it helps to inform the writing process and will benefit any future works.

Lol I started to think if just do that but instead finish it and just slowly upload it over time. Any ways does the character in this come from a game or something?

6916495 The character D27 is an original creation, but his species is inspired by H.P. Lovecraft's shoggoths (such as in "The Mountains of Madness"). The idea for the Lords of Order is (very distantly) inspired by Elder Scrolls: Oblivion, which may be what you are thinking of.

6928087 Thank you for complimenting it.

6916805 mmmm old jigalag yup that's probably what I was thinking of.

Great story!

So I came across this randomly and I'm enjoying it.
I'm only like 15 chapters in and I'm getting the background finally, and you've done it so well I don't feel like I'm trudging through a mire, but watching an evolving movie.

it's impressive. Good mix of ideas. I like the breakneck pacing but not everyone will. Seriously needs an edit, many scrambled usages/tenses/spellings.

Is it worth the time? <sarcasm> I'm annoyed about how much time it stole from my own writing. </sarcasm>

For your first story (at least posted here; I am unsure in what other capacities you have written), this is quite good. I really enjoyed D27's character, Nil's return, and the last several chapters especially were nothing short of incredible.

It is interesting to read this story after reading so many of your newer stories first. The references and connections to your other stories are fun, of course, but even though this story is well-written, it really hammers home how much you have improved as a writer and storyteller.

10347805
Agreed. Also wow, 2018, I've really been a part of this fandom for 5 years. I love this site. :twilightsmile:

I love Luna's description of a piƱata.

And so D27 leaves. Godspeed, you little goo blob.

This reads really weird. I know about Celestia and you handle Twilights revulsion of her well. But, she murdered Millions?

Tortured people?

It just reads as too much because as it seems to me inspite of doing the same or worse D27 had or has changed well Celestia Just Had not?

I would intrested to hear your thoughts?

10583002
To be totally honest, I wrote this story so long ago I do not totally remember what is in it.

With that said, I usually approach Celestia (here and in later stories) as a kind of Diluvian force. As in, the modern happy, peaceful, lovely world was created by conscious will out of a more chaotic, darker place. Generally (but not always) this is seen as requiring great sacrifice to purge the unwanted old world from the new idealized one. Or, sometimes, the world just moves on.

10586219
Thanks! Now onto to look up what Diluvian Force means.

Login or register to comment