• Published 26th Dec 2015
  • 1,606 Views, 61 Comments

The Endurance - LunasFury

  • ...
11
 61
 1,606

Chapter 1: The Awakening x

Those who play with the devils toys
Will be brought by degrees to wield his sword.

R. Buckminster Fuller

Chapter 1: Awakening

Part 1

I floated in the total blackness that had consumed my vision. It was silent and eerie, as if someone had sucked the life out of everything around me. There was nothing but black as far as I could see, and upon trying to look down I found that I couldn't move or see myself. In fact, I had not sense of direction whatsoever.

I remained there for an unknown amount of time. Minutes? Hours? Days? I had not the slightest clue. The only thing I did know was the presence of an odd ringing sound. It had started a short time ago and had been increasing in volume for the last several minutes, or at least what I had assumed was minutes.

The ringing kept growing more intense as the moments passed, to a point where it was almost unbearable before disappearing completely.

Replacing it was a bright light that shone brilliantly in front of me; and with it a sudden urge to go towards it. I tried with all my will power to hold back, but I didn't even know why I was holding back. what was the meaning of all of this? Where was I, and why am I here?

Still the light grew closer and closer despite my best efforts, the ringing returning with more volume than ever before. The light, so intense that I thought I would burn.

Just before I thought I would die from the crushing sound, the light rushed at me before engulfing my entire vision, and Just like that I could feel again. The grass beneath me, the overpowering smells of the flora around me, and...smoke?

I tried to open my eyes, which I immediately regretted. The bright sun was way too much for my now sensitive retinas, causing me to wince and grunt in pain. The ringing was still there in full force as I waited there for a few more moments and then something became painfully obvious.

There was Something very wrong here, besides the obvious ringing. I felt...Different, my face felt longer, and my nose was DEFINITELY more sensitive than usual. I was fairly certain grass didn't smell like lettuce greens before. In fact I wasn't even sure how I knew it was grass that I was on top of.

Again, I tried to open my eyes with a bit more success this time; my vision was blurry and distorted. The light was still giving me a skull splitting headache but it wasn't unbearable.

Blinking a couple of times I realized I was lying flat on my stomach, and after waiting for few more moments my vision cleared.

why is my nose white? Why the FUCK is it white?!?!? What...the...actual "FUCK!"

Somewhere in the back of my mind I registered that I said that out loud but I had more...pressing concerns. My first thought was some kind of bacterial disease or maybe something I fell in, therefore turning my nose white but that led me to the second discovery. It wasn't just white it was much longer and shaped differently; also it was covered in...Is that fur? The white on my nose was actually white fur on my nose...Which was now a muzzle by the looks...

Looking around a bit I noticed I was next to a wreckage of what appeared to be a Type 34 escape pod which is standard issue on the Endurance. Which meant either the ship was destroyed or I was prematurely launched from the ship. Looking back it was most likely the first option witch made my stomach twist itself into knots.

At this point I knew I had to be dreaming. I just had to be right? This couldn't be happening to me. That's when it occurred to me to check the rest of my body. Upon trying to stand I promptly fell over and onto by back which also felt MUCH different. It felt like I had something attached to my backside but it felt soft and strangely comfortable. This realization stopped me from looking down, if my nose alone had changed so much and I definitely have something new on my back than what has happened to the rest of me?

I steeled myself and gathered what little courage I had left in me and looked down.

The first thing I noticed was that my arms and hands were all gone. Replaced by hooves...actual hooves. The next thing was that I was covered in a brilliant white fur that seemed to reach every part of my body, if I could even call it that anymore considering I knew nothing about it.

The other thing was on my ass cheeks, there was something colorful on both of them. I craned my neck to get a better look which I immediately noticed was much longer than normal and could rotate practically all the way around. This probably should have bothered me too but I found it strangely convenient to be able to look all the way around my body without strain. Also I still a bit delusional and completely out of it at the moment due to the crash I was apparently in.

Returning my attention to back to the problem I noticed right on the sides of my ass was a mark or symbol of some kind. It depicted earth with two golden swords crossed over it, brilliantly colored and detailed as if it were a tattoo. Strangely though? It didn't feel like one, It felt like it was a part of me somehow... My vision started blackening and I realized I was passing out...

Great was the last thing I thought before I blacked out completely.

I woke up with a start, my head jerking painfully due to something holding me down.

I opened my eyes to see that I was in a dimly lit room in what appeared to be a hospital bed of some kind. The only difference was that I was strapped down to the bed and my surroundings did not really appear to be hospital like. More like a living quarters.

A very nice living quarters at that... I thought Idly.

As if on Que the largest horse I have ever seen walked...or rather trotted into the room. Except it wasn't a horse I realized...It was a fucking unicorn with wings.

My brain went into full blown panic mode at this point. I know real professional.

"Who the hell are you? Where am I? What are you?!? AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH MY SHIP!" The last part came out more in desperation rather then confusion and anger. I had no idea where I was who this winged unicorn was. I had no knowledge of what happened to my crew or the ship and I am strapped to a bed. I could no longer control the tears now streaming down my face.

This was it, I was officially having an emotional breakdown.

The white winged unicorn seemed very surprised and confused by my outburst and almost seemed to try and recompose itself before it spoke.

"I am princess Celestia of Equestria, I am an alicorn and I am not sure what this "ship" you are referring to is," She responded in a deathly calm tone. It was clear she had done something like this before as those words immediately made me calm down a bit.

"What...Alicorn...What is...what..." My brain was practically frozen at this point. Doubt and confusion circling through my brain like a intense tornado of emotions.

"Please calm down my little pony," She continued. A tone of concern ringing clear in my ears.

I managed to calm my breathing and my racing mind until I caught on to the last part she said.

"...Pony?"

That's when everything of my last awakening came back to me in a flood. I looked down to see nothing had changed and I was still...well I guess I'm a pony according to this alicorn as she called it.

Thankfully I did not freak out as bad as last time but I did manage to show the shock on my face which the alicorn in front of me immediately picked up on.

"Is something wrong?" She inquired. Probably more out of curiosity than concern at this point.

"I...What am I? How in the 9 hells did I end up like this?" I asked. At the same time I met the alicorns eyes once again and the look of concern and curiosity on her face was now replaced with one of complete shock.

"You mean...You were not like this before?"

My brain seemed to be un-thawing a bit and some of the rational part of it started coming back to me, instead of being in full blown panic mode.

"No! I was...well...not a pony before." I couldn't help the anger in my voice as I continued, "AND WHY THE HELL AM I STILL TIED DOWN DAMMIT!!!" At this I collapsed back down onto the bed and closed my eyes. Trying to calm my once again racing mind.

"Well if you were not a pony before then what were you?" Celestia asked doubtfully.

"Human...I was human...Also where in the hell am I?"

Celestia could not have been more shocked to learn this information. Her normal calm posture replaced with one of confusion and disbelief. "You mean, humans exist?" Celestia had heard of them before but only in legend. Everypony thought it was just that, a legend.

I opened my eyes and looked back at her, "You mean you have heard of my kind before? Do you have a ship so I can get back to the fleet?!?!" It was clear even to myself how desperate I was becoming.

Celestia closed her eyes and took a deep breath before responding. "Here, let me get those off you so we can talk in a less...awkward state. You were only tied down so you wouldn't hurt yourself in your sleep. The doctors said you kept thrashing around and would have gotten hurt should it have been allowed to continue. I apologize for the confusion," Celestia explained.

Upon finishing her explanation Celestia's horn started glowing and the restraints undid themselves from her hooves letting sit up in a more comfortable position.

My eyes grew wide wide disbelief as the restraints were removed with no clear force behind it. The restraints hovering in a gold aroura before being dropped on a near by table.

"I...how?"

Celestia looked at me with a curious expression, "Have you never seen magic before?"

I looked at her like she grew a second head, which quite frankly would not surprise me at this point. The look on her face made me realize she was completely serious. "Magic? You have to be kidding. Magic doesn't exist, everything "magical" that happens has a scientific explanation to it."

Celestia's eyes widened in surprise. "You mean your kind doesn't use magic?"

I gave her a look, "Um no?" I stated as if it was obvious.

"Then how does your kind even survive?!" Celestia clearly seemed confused by this information.

Now I was also confused as all hell. Not that I wasn't before but this just tops it all off. I tried to come up with an answer that would not reveal to much about earth and HQ but satisfy whatever the hell this thing was. It was clear that they have never dealt with a situation like this. Let alone humans or Vandull.

"Um..Science and technology I guess? Seems to me your kind has not developed all that far in the technology department but even so some of this stuff looks up to date around here architecturally wise while clearly...at least from what I have seen so far there is a lot that is extremely far behind compared to my race." I paused for a moment regarding Celestia and her appearance before continuing. "is it fair to say that you are some form of a leader to your people? You resemble a queen or the like quite a bit. Judging by the flashy gear your wearing."

Celesita, still trying to get over the no magic thing briefly thought of a certain student who would think this as crazy if not more crazy as she did. She would have to send her a letter. "Well yes and no I suppose. I am the princess of this nation. Not necessarily a queen. I share the burdens of my royal duties with my sister Luna."

I was about to respond but she cut me off. "Before you say any more I just would like to know what the last thing you remember is. Maybe that way we can figure out how you got here. Although if what you say is true and that you were... human before then this is going to get much more complicated," She explained.

There was a certain tone in her voice that I recognized. She was holding something back and I was almost sure of it. But her expression was like looking at a stone wall.

"Not until you tell me the full truth. You know something about my ship don't you?" It was a wild jab in the dark but I was becoming more desperate for information on my crew as the time passed.

To my surprise she actually sighed. "Again I have no Idea what this "ship" is...However You were found in the middle of the forest next to some sort of cylinder. That is all we know, we are not even sure what it is."

My eyes widened and a spark of hope formed in my chest. I was almost certain she was talking about that escape pod I somehow ended up in. "Where is it?!! Please I must get to it!" I pleaded.

"What is it? Is it a weapon?" Celestia asked cautiously.

I was about to respond but than it hit me that she was only being cautious. If I was in her position I would probably be asking the same questions. So I decided to take the more tactical approach.

"no, no it's not a weapon. It's something called an escape pod. it's a emergency method of transport should the ship be destroyed. I somehow ended up in one but if my ship is still out there then the pod can track it... Please let me see it. You must understand, I just wan't to make sure that my crew is safe."

Celestia raised her eyebrow, "Your crew? Were they human as well?"

I was starting to get really impatient with this alicorn already but the question made me snap. "Yes! There was almost nine thousand men and woman on that ship and I need to make sure they are ok! You of all people should know! Your a leader of an entire country possibly an entire world! How would you feel if you were taken away from your home and had no knowledge of anyone you knew was ok?!?!? IF THEY WERE EVEN ALIVE!"

Tears were streaming down my face again as I yelled at her. The reality and Absurdness of the entire situation finally settling in. I was yelling at a fucking winged unicorn in the body of a alien creature!

"Please..." I mumbled barely above a whisper, "Please..." I slumped back down into the bed I was in and started crying. That ship was practically where I grew up. It was my home, and it's crew were my family and I had no idea where they were or if they were ok. It felt like my entire world was falling apart around me and there was nothing I could do about it.

I could hear some hoof falls and then a soft wing wiping the tears away from my eyes, much to my surprise.

I opened my eyes to see Celestia now sitting next to my bed on her haunches, wiping my tears away with her wing.

"I am truly sorry...I did not mean to-" She began before I cut her off.

"No its ok..*sniff* I'm just c-confused and want to make sure my *sniff* c-crew is ok...Or at the very least find out if they a-ar-are dead or not so I can m-mourn them," I practically choked out the last word.

I used to be the most bad ass captain in the fleet and now look at me. The white witch reduced to a sobbing, confused...alien. Nothing seemed real anymore, it just felt like a really really bad dream but deep down I knew otherwise. The names of many of my crew members started flowing through my mind along with my closest friends. Then my mind drifted to all the people I did not know or had forgotten and now I have to live with the fact that their death is all on me now.

I must have been laying there contemplating for a while because celestia started nudging me with her wing. Her voice finally getting through the cluttered emotions and running thoughts.

"Are you ok?" she asked, her voice filled with concern.

"Y-yeah...I think I will be ok," I lied through my teeth but I didn't want her to see that. Hell I barely even know this...pony. Wow that is going to take some time to getting used to.

She seemed to take note of this but did not push the subject any further for which I was grateful. However that didn't stop her from asking further questions.

"So you say you were originally human and you woke up like this?" Celestia asked hesitantly.

"Y-yeah, I was trying to pilot my ship out of some kind of anomaly and then I ended up here somehow as a pony...Wow that sounds way more weird when you say it out loud." I chuckled softly. Some of my persona returning to me once more.

Celestia shared in the small laugh as well before continuing. "Well do you have any questions about your new...well...race?" She asked.

"Um..." I laughed nervously. "How do I walk?"

At this Celestia laughed again, as many questions as she had for this former human. They could wait for the moment. "How about we start with the basics"

After getting help from the alicorn I could finally walk steadily without falling over so much. She said If I stayed like this long enough she would get a friend of hers to give me flying lessons on my wings.

During these lessons she brought me a mirror to look in and my inner fan girl came out of its hole for the first time in years.

I was by far the most adorable thing I had ever seen. It made everything a little easier to take in at least. At this point I had almost accepted it but was still having a hard time believing it was all real. Especially when she pointed out my new wings which was what I was feeling on my back earlier. It was almost like a fairy tale as I looked myself over in the mirror.

I was fairly evenly muscled with quite large wings. My coat was a brilliant white, which contrasted my eyes and-

"what was it again? Mane? Yeah that was it"

"-mane which was a sapphire blue color with 3 cyan blue streaks running through it. My eyes were a beautiful bright green and were the largest things I have ever seen. Which considering the situation is ironic sense their MY eyes..."

The tat on my ass is apparently called a cutie mark and is actually apart of my very being and could not be removed permanently without killing me so that's nice. According to Celestia it represents what I am good at and/or what my passion is. So after some private investigation on my part I'm thinking it probably means that my passion is protecting earth or maybe just worlds in general which would be true to some extent.

I turned to Celestia to see her writing on a scroll with her magic, (which I was also still getting used to) before she cast some sort of spell and it just kind of dissipated in a green flame as if she burned it.

Noticing my curious expression she turned to me with a small smile. "I sent a letter to my fellow princess, Twilight Sparkle. It was letting her know to expect a very special guest soon." She paused for a moment, obviously thinking about something before she continued. "I will leave it up to you to decide if you want to tell them the special...circumstances of your current form"

As I mulled that decision over I realized that she never said if she would let me get to that pod or not.

As if reading my mind she continued, "and yes I will let you get to your...whatever it is. As long as you answer all my questions, no exceptions."

So at the cost of the possibility that I might have to tell her things that are normally classified I can find out the real situation of the Endurance...

This was honestly a hard decision. More than anything I wanted to find out the status of the ship, however I would be breaking protocol by doing so at this point. On the other...Hoof? Ok wow this is weirder then I thought it was going to be. If I do answer all of her questions I can have a peace of mind. Also if the Endurance was still out there then I need to get back to it somehow and make sure the ship and its crew are ok and hopefully make it back to the fleet.

Of course that's when reality got the jump on me. "Your still a pony dumbass," said a small voice inside my head.

I sighed in defeat. If my crew is alive I need to be there for them somehow. Alien or not.

"Ok...I'm in"

Author's Note:

Well there it is! This is the rewrite of the first chapter done and I would say SO much better then what it was before!

This is going to be a long story folks, and hopefully it will survive till the end....Hopefully I Survive till the end :rainbowlaugh:

Thanks for reading guys! Love you all!