• Published 27th Feb 2016
  • 2,102 Views, 6 Comments

Twilight Switches - Tank Drill



Princess Twilight decides that she wants a vacation, but doesn't want to leave things unattended. What can she do? Then she gets a book call from Sunset saying that Twilight(Student) wants to visit Equestria and an idea sparks into Twilight's mind.

  • ...
4
 6
 2,102

Switched For Two In A Half Days

-Twilight's point of view-

"Bored.... Bored...." I sighed, "Bored...."

I closed another book, one that I've finished, like all the other books in my vast library. I’ve read so many times that I lost my count. I levitated the book to the shelf. When it was in place, I got up from my seat and glanced around the newly organized library. I should be proud that I'd reorganized it once again, but it felt very... Dull. I knew what the problem was, and I noticed it when I had read all the Library books and lost count on how much I’ve read. Ignoring it was a mistake and I had recently grown bored of re-reading the same book. That, of course, didn't mean I wouldn't try.

"You seem pretty out of it today, Twilight. Are you doing alright?" Spike commented as he leaped out of his chair.

I noticed he was carrying a comic book in his claws as he walked up to me. I decided to let him take a break while I finished the last of the books. When I say finished, I mean finishing the last book in the Library… for an unknown time. 'I could go to the Canterlot library and....' It was then, my brain filled me in of all the books I've read in that Library... Twenty thousand four hundred and fifty-seven books were read at that library.... My Library had ten thousand five hundred and seventy-five books.

I sighed internally, Spike is right, I'm out of it and this really unsettled me. I've learned everything that came to Friendship and when I did, I learned everything about my world. Then it just stopped and being a mare who wants to know more knowledge is frustrating. Though when I learned that these were the only books, fifty thousand eight hundred and eighty-nine to be exact, in this world, it somehow became boring. Knowing all this knowledge made me unsatisfied.

I've already asked for guidance from Celestia, but she told me the same thing. When she became knowledgeable of Equestria when there were at least 10,000 books and she had made due with it. I can't even fathom a time where only that number of books existed. I felt Spike poking on my shoulder and I could see he was still waiting for an answer.

"I'm not doing fine Spike. I have come to the point where I thought I would never come to; I have read all the books in Equestria, Yakyakistan and GriffonStone." I admitted.

"Uh..." Spike held his tongue and smiled, "That sounds great! Now you can answer any question to anypony about history."

I scowled, "No it's not!" He slumped down a bit and my ears splayed back, "Sorry Spike, it's just I want to learn different things that I don't know. When I know about everything, it makes the world seem boring."

He gave me a hug, "You have me, your friends and the Princesses right?"

I smiled, "Yes, I do have them, but I need to learn about something that isn't Equestrian related."

Spike tapped his chin and snapped his claws, "How about Canterlot High? That world seems to have a lot of knowledge."

The realization had hit me and I gasped, "SPIKE!!! YOU'RE A GENIUS!!!"

I galloped away to my room and opened Sunset's book, but before I could dip my pen into the ink, I thought of myself. 'Who would be in charge of being the Princess of Friendship?' It was a good question, who would keep the friendship of Equestria in balance? Spike, couldn't take over because I don't know how long I would be gone in that world. None of my friends couldn't take over because they're busy overall. Just when I was going to put away the book on the shelf, Spike came into the room dragging his feet.

Spike was panting as he entered the room, "You know, you didn't let me finish my statement."

"Your statement was brilliant, but how am I supposed to be at two places at the same time?" I asked.

He exhales, "I was about to finish that," He calms down, "You should have the human Twilight take over and learn about this world while you learn about hers."

I was about to gasp in amazement, but my mouth was covered with his claws and I recollected myself, "Sorry. Spike that is a wonderful idea. I think that I can get Sunset Shimmer to formulate a plan to get us to meet."

He crossed his arms, "Yeah, like that one time where the book went crazy and a bunch of messages came into the book while we traveled through time to persuade Starlight Glimmer to stop changing time."

I blushed a bit, "Yes, but I would have never... Met myself..."

"Which is still the hilarious thing you've done to date."

Spike sat on the edge of the bed as I dropped my quill into the ink and wrote the letter. As I wrote it, I remembered what I did when I first saw myself at Canterlot High. I was really panicking because I thought the world would implode on itself. Before Sunset could comfort me, I went through the mirror without saying a word. I've written a letter to Sunset saying that I panicked and she understood. I also apologized to the human Twilight, which I named her Sparkle just to avoid the confusion. She responded to my apology by telling me that she thought of the same issue as I did. I guess two minds think alike is very literal. Once I finished the letter, I informed Spike to gather my friends to the castle map room so I could let them know the news.

It was then I got an instantaneous message from Sunset saying, "I'll inform Sparkle about this to make sure she's alright with this." I'm glad that Twilight and Sparkle caught on between my friends in Canterlot High and Equestria, otherwise, we would have a confusing situation. I lightly giggled at the thought of Sparkle and I are together then one of my friends called one of us and we would have their attention.

My forehoof vibrated and I glanced at the page. Sunset replied again saying, "Are you sure she'll accept going to Equestria?" I smirked at her notion, if Sparkle was me then she should take this opportunity very quickly. I dipped my quill into the ink and wrote this:

"I believe she'll be interested coming to Equestria if you ask her about it."


-Sparkle's point of view-

I closed my door to the new apartment behind me. The click of the door being locked made me sigh in relief. I turned around to see ten boxes filled with my articles. Ever since I transferred from Crystal Prep to Canterlot High, I had to move to a different apartment which was easy to find. It made me feel happy that I was able to move from the city to the small town very easily. Though, it was thanks to Applejack that she helped me get my things with Big Mac's Truck. Without her or my friends, I would have been unable to carry one box at a time through a bus route.

Before I got to the living room, I felt my phone vibrating against my thigh. I went through my pocket and saw I had a new text from Sunset Shimmer. I opened the message and my eyes widened as I read it. 'Twilight wants to switch with you so that you can study Equestria and she can study here.' I remember when I met... Myself at the Canterlot High school grounds. It was really an exciting and nerve-racking experience. Exciting because I'm meeting myself from another dimension and nerve-racking because I thought that the time-space continuum would collapse.

I looked at the phone for several more seconds before typing, 'YES!!! I would love to go to Equestria and study magic!!!! When should we do the 'switch'?' I sent the message and got a reply saying, 'As soon as possible.' I squeed in excitement and typed, 'I'll get my overnight bag ready.' With that message sent, I sprint to my new bedroom before getting a text saying, 'You don't need clothing, maybe a few to show Rarity, but make sure you get the essentials.' I blushed for a moment, I forgot that Sunset told me that they don't wear any kind of clothing because they have fur.

I took a deep breath and stared at my Crystal Prep uniform, "I'll just bring one pair of you, undergarments, socks, and pajamas." I looked behind me to see some of my equipment that I brought with me from my old school. "This gives me enough time to stuff my equipment in my suitcase."

With all of my equipment packed, I walk out of my room to head out the door. I glance back to still see that my articles have yet to be unpacked. 'When I come back, I'll make my house warm and cozy.' I thought as I left the building and locked the door once more.

It took me around ten minutes to get to the campus. When I got to the mirror I texted Sunset that I was here and she messaged that she'll send Twilight a message to meet up with me. I smiled and happily waited by the mirror with my suitcase behind me. It was then I saw a mattress fly out of the mirror and lands a few feet away. Before I could say anything, Twilight flies out of the mirror and lands on the mattress.

"Ouf!" She grunts, "I'm glad that I sent the mattress first." Twilight gets up and dusts off her skirt.

"Hi, Twilight." I greeted.

She turned around and smiled, "Hi, Sparkle." Her eyes widened and pointed to me, "You might want to duck."

I tilted my head, "What?" It was then I heard the mirror resonating and I immediately ducked to the ground. Three saddle bags flew into the air and onto the mattress. "What was that?" I asked.

"Just my stuff I wanted to bring for this trip." Twilight explained as she collected the bags and carried the mattress back into the portal.

I got up, dust my pants off and walked up to her, "So, how is this going to work?"

Twilight grabbed a book out of her saddlebag and handed it to me, "This is a book where I learned how to spread Friendship across Equestria, my friends know that you're coming so that there will be no confusion and we'll be on our separate ways for about a month. Does that seem alright with you?"

"Sounds good to me." I agreed as I grabbed a hold of the bag.

Twilight turned around to see Sunset pull up to the mirror in a motorcycle that was used in the Friendship Games. Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna gave one of the motorcycle's to Sunset for saving Canterlot High from... Me, but I was corrupted by magic and I really couldn't understand what I was going through.

"Hi, Sunset!" Twilight cheered as they hugged.

"Hey Twilight," She let go and looked at me, "I think she informed you what's going to happen?"

I nodded, "Yep. I guess I won't keep you." I faced the mirror, "There is research I would love to explore."

Twilight giggled, "The Library is always opened to you."

I looked back and smiled, "I'll see you in a month."

I walked through the mirror and it felt different. I read a lot of theory books telling me that if I went into another dimension, my body would transform and I would feel it. Well, that was almost disproven, but I did feel my body stretch and pull as I spun around. When I got to the other side, I could see why Twilight needed that mattress because I flew across the very blue and purple room.

"Rarity! Catch Twi-I mean Sparkle!" Applejack said. Wait Applejack?

"Don't worry I won't let her fall!" Rarity shouted.

I felt an aura surround me and I stopped in mid-air. The feeling of fingers disappeared and became replaced with hooves instead. I felt my ears twitch on my horn that was surprisingly not noticeable by feeling it without touching it. I put my hoof on my horn and it just felt surreal. Though I lost myself in my thoughts as I felt a different hoof against my fur?

"Sparkle, are you alright?" Applejack asked.

"I-I'm fine. Just getting used to this feeling." I stuttered.

I glanced around the room to see Applejack, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie were in the room with me. They were gawking at me and I couldn't understand why they had those looks.

"Oh, my Twilight!" Fluttershy gasped, "Your wings!"

"Wings?"

I looked behind my back to see that I didn't have any wings behind me. Which I didn't have a reaction, but everybody - I mean everypony else did.

I decided to break the silence and responded, "Was I supposed to have wings?" Their reaction answered my question and I just realized, this was going to be a long month.


-Twilight's point of view-

"What do you mean Sparkle doesn't have her wings?" Sunset asked.

Sunset and I were currently hanging out at Sugarcube Corner. We were having a conversation about what I was going to do while I was here. Though the conversation was interrupted by Sunset's book vibration. Now, this first day has changed from carefree to serious. Sparkle doesn't have her wings because she never ascended as a pony or human.

"Well, Sparkle never went did trials and test that I had gone through. So, she never ascended into a Princess because she never learned the ways of Friendship. I don't think you guys have a Princess in this world, do you?"

Sunset shook her head, "The one who runs this world is named Dr. OcSid. He runs the entire country and keeps everything in balance between peace and chaos."

I tapped my chin with my finger, "Somehow that name sounds familiar...."

"We'll talk about that later," I saw Sunset smirk as if she knew something I didn't which made me interested, but she continued, "What will you do about Sparkle, Twilight?"

"I think I'll decrease the month to three days. I care about Sparkle's and Equestria's safety, so I think that three days will do." I said.

Sunset nodded, "I've sent what you said and they agreed those three days will be enough."

I knew that there was going to be some sort of problem, but I never thought Sparkle that was not an Alicorn to begin with, would change things drastically. I put my hands on my forehead and re-planned everything. I knew that I wouldn't learn everything about this world in three days, but I can ask Sparkle to come over when I have free time and she can share knowledge to me and vice versa.

"Alright. Since I won't learn everything in a couple of days, I would love to learn what type of magic you've discovered while I was gone. After that, I would like to read up on the history of this world." I addressed.

"Great!" Sunset happily clapped her hands, "Also, I guess you want to learn who Dr. OcSid is?"

I smirked, "You know me too well."

Sunset looked at her book and smiled, "We also have to pick up Spike at the dog daycare."

"Wait, doesn't he talk?" I wondered.

She chuckled, "Yeah, but he's not talking in public. He only talks when Sparkle and we are around."

"Oh, now I understand." I sighed in relief, "Now, let's talk about what we're going to do."

Sunset and I started to chat again without worry, but I knew that I have a due date when I had to go back to Equestria. I just hope that Sparkle is having a blast over there. That kind of reminds me, if she's a Unicorn, then how can she use magic with human experience. I grumbled internally when I realized I should have invited her over instead of this 'switching' business. Though it was behind us now and we have to make this the best week Sparkle and I have ever had.


Day 1


-Sparkle's point of view-

Well, yesterday was eventful. When I first arrived, Twilight's friends gave me a run through of what was going to happen. It was a set of rules that she gave to them which I agreed to as long as I got to research this world entirely.

1. I couldn't go outside to explore.

Applejack was very certain I would cause a panic when the Princess of Friendship has been demoted by Princess Celestia or Luna. That I can understand, it's like Dr. OcSid's leadership being demoted to a janitor's job. That would make things unbalanced for the civilization and would become unsettling across the land.

2. If I wanted to learn magic, I would have to learn the basic levitation spell before, not after.

Again, I understood. I know what it feels like being taken over by another being. It made me shudder all over when I remember such an experience. It will never go away and I have to accept it to let it go. Also, I'm glad that I had to learn the levitation spell yesterday because I really couldn't understand how ponies hold things in their hooves. So having a levitation spell is like having a pair of invisible fingers.

3. Princess Celestia and Luna will be visiting on the last day of your stay to see what I've learned.

Ok, I never knew that Twilight was a Princess to begin with. So it was surprising to hear that I had to fill in the hoof shoes of a leader of friendship. To also hear that she's friends with other Princess's, made me almost hyperventilate. I knew that Celestia and Luna were Principals of the Canterlot High, but they are the rulers of the sun and moon?! I can't even remember the amount of equations and theories of gravity and space going through my skull because it was overwhelming.

4. Apparently, I'm having a party in the castle with my new friends and a few others.

Pinkie Pie said it's fun to socialize with others and to get to know them is part of making friends. I knew that this was going to happen and I need to talk to more people of in this case pony's to build up my character. With this, I can be confident and comfortable when talking to others.

5. Have fun learning while you're here.

I don't think there is anything to say here because it's very straight forward. I have so much to learn, but since I have three days, I have to limit myself. First, the history of Equestria, then learning magic, and talk to my new friends about my world.

"Sparkle, are you awake?" Spike asked.

I lift my head off the pillow and added another rule in my head, '5.5 Spike will be assisting me while I'm here.' I lifted myself off the bed and used my levitation to make my bed.

"Yes Spike, is there anything you need?" I wondered.

"I've made breakfast, come down when you're ready." He answered and walked away.

I stretched my pony body out when I walked towards the door. The noise of Spikes footsteps on the crystal floor got me to make haste and caught up. When I entered the kitchen, the smell of pancakes made my stomach grumbled in hunger. Smiling, I sat myself down in front of my plate and used my levitation to lift my fork to feed myself. Blueberry was the flavor of the pancake and I hummed in glee as my taste buds were overwhelmed on how fresh the berries were.

"Like the pancakes I've made?" Spike asked.

I finished the last pancake and finished my drink, "It was different from where I was before."

"Different?"

I blushed, "It was delicious, but it was also fresh. Nothing that I ever had before."

"What you guys don't have fresh berries?"

"Yes, but it's processed to different places and that freshness never stays."

"Oh, I kind of get it... Sort of."

"Don't wrap your head around it too much." I reassured.

He sighed, "Alright..." He looks at me, "Did you want seconds?"

"Um... Can I have some bacon?" I asked.

He facepalmed for some reason and gave me the face that said 'Are you sure?'

"What? I want a balanced breakfast." I defended.

He shrugged his shoulders and walks back to the kitchen, but I felt sort of restless. Curious, I followed Spike into the kitchen and my nose was assaulted with a foul odor. I nearly threw up my breakfast because of that and it was too horrible. The smell touched my eyes and it stung as they teared up. I quickly escaped the kitchen to get some fresh air.

"Spike!! What are you cooking?!" I shouted as I gasped for air.

Spike walked out the kitchen and sighed in disappointment, "One piece of bacon."

"Wh-What?" I wondered as he showed a piece of bacon on a plate. The foul odor made my nostrils scrunch up.

"Yes. One. Piece. Of. Bacon. Ponies can't eat meat. Only I can have it when other ponies aren't around." He said taking the bacon and ate it.

It just dawned on me. Pony + Meat = Sick Pony. I shyly smiled and nervously chuckle, "Oh! That's right! Pony's can't have meat because we're herbivores! How can I forget!"

Spike crossed his arms, "Well, it looks like you didn't even know."

"What do you mean Spike?"

He gave me the look that said, 'You didn't know and I'm enjoying your spluttering.' I lowered my head and sighed, "Alright, you win." He smiled and pointed towards the entrance of the dining room.

"Head out the door and turn left, turn to the right as the third door and it should take you to the library." He explained.

I smiled and gave him a quick hug, "Thanks, Spike... I just hope Twilight is doing fine with her new diet."


-Twilight's Point of view-

"WHAT?!" I shouted.

Sunset and I were at a restaurant for lunch after our learning session on this world's history.... Well, I decided to stay up for most of the night instead of sleeping. So when I awakened, it was around ten in the morning and Sunset already had breakfast. That was when I smelled something very delicious and when I saw what was on the menu, I panicked as Sunset confirmed it as meat.

Sunset removed her hands from her ears, "I know it's a little much, but humans need meat to sustain protein for their muscles. Without it, we couldn't function properly."

I put my hands over my eyes, "Does Sparkle eat meat?"

Feeling that Sunset had nodded to my question as she spoke, "Yes, Twilight she does."

I sighed and rest my elbow on the table so I can rest my head on my palm. "Did you eat any...."

Her eyes widened, "Oh Celestia no! I would never eat my own kind. I've only had eaten cow, pig and chicken."

I smiled in relief, "Ok. I suppose that our eating habits would have changed overall. I just hope I don't eat meat when I get back to Equestria."

"You and I both."

We both ordered our lunches when the waitress showed up. Sunset got some spaghetti and I ordered a cheeseburger. I ordered that one because it was something closer to home like the hayburger. Once the waiter gave us our drinks we continued to have our chat.

"So, about this Dr. OcSid...." I wondered.

Sunset smirked and pulled out her phone to show me a picture. I happened to be drinking my water to almost choke on it when I saw him. A man with gray hair with a gray goatee, wearing a brown suit with a yellow collared shirt and red tie. He was leaning on a cane with his hands that were covered in yellow gloves. This was Discord, but his name is reversed.

"Why.... What? Dr. OcSid is Discord?!" I almost shouted.

Sunset chuckled a bit, "Yes, it surprised me as well. Though he isn't here to do evil, it's the opposite actually."

"What do you mean?"

"Let me run this down so it can be simple. The Discord that you talked about in you world was bad, now he's neutral. We'll call this Neutral Chaos. Now this 'Discord'," She air quoted, "is Good Chaos. Which means he has everything perfectly balanced to keep this place and world peaceful... Well except for myself and the Dazzlings in the past."

I was trying to slowly process this as the waitress returned with our meals. When she left, I lifted up a finger and spoke, "I think you broke me for several minutes, Sunset."

"Wow. The brilliant Princess Twilight has been beaten with knowledge given by a Unicorn that lives in another world." She smirked.

I looked at my burger and glanced at her, "Don't get your hopes up just yet. I still have a lot to learn, but you did get me thinking." I lifted the burger and took my first bite. My taste buds exploded as the grease, cooked meat, lettuce, onions, and bread became harmonic to where I hummed in pleasure.

"Thinking about what? Oh, was that burger delicious?" She asked.

I nodded and took another drink to get the food down to my stomach, "Yes, the burger was delicious. Also, what I was thinking, I thought that Principal Celestia and Vice Principal Luna were leaders of this world."

"I did ask them about that, but it turns out they were once troublemakers in the past and eventually saw the light of their doings. They couldn't get any other job because of their reputation in the past. So they only landed Principal and Vice Principal because of Dr. OcSid."

"So... Celestia and Luna were the villains and 'Discord' was the hero?" I almost cringed when I actually thought about it.

"Pretty much." She confirmed.

So this world has some opposite happenings. The villain and hero roles had already switched, but why not everything else? My friends are still my friends in this world and Equestria, but the leaders are the ones who were changed.... Gosh, this whole dimensional traveling business really does a number on my brain.

I finished up the burger and drink, "I'm going to let that slide, but for now, can you explain to me the magic around in Canterlot High?"

Sunset slurped her last spaghetti noodle and wiped her mouth with a napkin, "Of course. Our magic shows up when we are closest to our element. For example, Applejack is being honest with other people, she 'pony ups' at that moment."

"Huh. That concerns me a bit."

"Why?"

"So you're telling me, when Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy are in their element all the time they pony up? Also, what about their instruments? Did those not have a factor once?"

I realized that Sunset was taking notes of what I was saying and laid back, "That does concern me and sort of debunks what I said. Applejack doesn't pony up when she's honest all the time.... Or Rarity being generous of others...." She stopped and looked at me, "I still have a long way to study this magic."

"You have all the time you need while you're here. I can help you while I read up on the science and agriculture of this world."

"Sounds good to me."

The waitress once again returned with our bill and Sunset paid for it all. It wasn't much, it was around thirteen bits or so. The money system here is different from ours, they use the decimal system instead of solid bits. I smiled as I thought that this was something new I have to learn while I'm still here.


Day 2


-Sparkles point of view-

After learning the history, agriculture, economics, and magic of this world yesterday, I decided to sleep in for the majority of my second day. Although, it was around three in the morning when I got to sleep, but thankfully it was nine in the morning when I woke up. Spike knocked on the door once again and asked if I would like french toast. I said yes and later had a great breakfast unlike yesterday with the bacon incident.

"Spike, could you invite Rarity, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie to come over. I have some things I want to show them all while I'm here." I said.

"Of course, I'll be heading out right now." He said as he gulped down his orange juice, "You go ahead and read up on... Oh wait, you're already read the basics haven't you?" He wondered.

I nodded in agreement, "Yes, about half of the library in fact. I'll get started on the other half and pause when Twilight's friends show up."

"Sounds good to me, but remember, don't go outside, ok?"

I shook my head, "I don't want to tarnish Twilight's Princess title. So you can count on me for staying here."

"Alright, I'm heading out now." He said as he walked out the front door.

I happily walked to the library and read the next book about potion brewing. I've quickly read ten books until I heard the front door open and Twilight's friends chatting about in the living quarters. 'Well, that was very quick.' I thought as I quickly made my way up to my room to collect my belongings to show them. I put them in my empty suitcase and carried it with my levitation. Once I got to the living quarters, I smiled as I saw all five of my new acquaintances.

"Good morning everypony." I greeted as I set the suitcase down.

"Morning Sparkle." Everypony acknowledged.

"Now I know you're wondering about; why you're all here and that is because-" I was cut off by Pinkie.

"OH! OH!! Pick me!" Pinkie raised her hoof.

"Uh, yes, Pinkie?" I pointed to her.

"Is it a party or do you want to show something from your world?" She asked.

I ignored her on how she got that on the dot and nodded, "Yes, I've brought different things from my world to show to you all." I unzipped the suitcase and opened the contents, "Rarity, here's a uniform that I wore when I was in my old school, Crystal Prep."

Her eyes fluttered open when she saw it and snatched it out of my levitation grasp. "Twilight! This is something I haven't seen in all of the Equestrian fashion industry!!! I must ask you if I can borrow it to study it!!"

I smiled and nodded, "Of course you can, just make sure you bring it back before I leave tomorrow evening."

She gasped and quickly galloped away while shouting, 'Thank you!' as she left the castle towards her boutique.

Applejack chuckled, "I haven't seen Rarity like that ever since she got to own her boutique in Canterlot. Now, what else do you have for us Sparkle?"

I searched the suitcase and levitated an apple in front of her, "I have this Apple from my world and if you could please grow it in a confined area in your farm away from your own trees and give me the results? I could like that very much." I explained.

She smiled and tipped her hat, "Well shoot, sugarcube, I'll be happy to grow a foreign Appletree on my farm. I'm just wondering how it will turn out." She wondered as she took a bite out of the apple, "It's somewhat has a unique taste to it."

"Applejack, you weren't supposed to eat the apple right?" Fluttershy wondered.

The blond in question chuckled, "How else am I going to get the seeds? I have to eat the apple in order to get them. The seeds have to dry once they're out the apple otherwise it won't grow, right Sparkle?"

I nodded in agreement, "Yep," I looked at Fluttershy, "I have a stuffed animal to give you and it's unique from my world." The timid Pegasus in question trot towards the suitcase as I levitated the Pegasus stuffed toy to her.

"This is a stuffed Pegasus?!" She squeed, "I never seen such a toy being made here in Equestria."

"Other than Spikes stuff toy of Rarity?" Rainbow wondered.

"Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen such a toy like that." Applejack admitted, "Just look at the details on the wings, you can tell that the maker of this toy really put a lot of effort into it."

"Fluttershy, before you ask, you can have it. I just happen to pass by a shop before the switch and saw that toy. There is a lot of them over there and I don't see why I can give it to you."

Fluttershy smiled, "Thank you Sparkle." She gave me a hug before Rainbow Dash stuck out her tongue in disgust.

"Don't think I forgot about you Rainbow." I said levitating the Wonderbolts Jet plane picture to her.

"Whoa! This is the Wonderbolts in your world?" She exclaimed.

"Yes, they pilot these jets that can do the same tricks as your Wonderbolts here in Canterlot." I explained.

"That's so cool!!" She cheered, "Thank you Sparkle!!"

"My pleasure," I looked to Pinkie, "Pinkie here's is a new plant for you to grow in your garden."

"Isn't that my job Sparkle?" Applejack wondered.

"We yes and no, no because it's more of Pinkie Specialty and yes because you know how to grow different plants, but this one is something that Pinkie can grow by herself."

"I can't wait any longer!! The suspense is killing me!!!" Pinkie cried.

"What I brought to you is sugarcane!" I cheered.

"SUGARCANE?!" Pinkie shouted as she sat down and said, "Wait.... What's sugarcane?"

I giggled at her pondering, "It's a sugar is stronger than the sugar beets that Applejack grows. I've already got some canes here for you to use in your pastries." I levitated the seeds to Applejack, "Here are the sugarcane seeds that needs to be grown near water and to prevent spreading, make sure it's enclosed on a pond."

The blonde mare nodded at my instructions as Pinkie leaped to give me a hug, "Thanks for the sugarcane-candy-cane!"

"Pinkie," Applejack interrupted, "It's called Sugarcane."

The pink mare laughed, "I know, but it's not catchy enough! I got to come up with more names!"

Pinkie, mumbling to herself about names, left the castle while bouncing happily, leaving Applejack, Spike and myself. I levitated a crystal from my suitcase and moved to towards Spike. "This is for you Spike, a crystal that grows in my world and I heard that you love to eat these things."

Spike grabbed the crystal and took a bite out of it and hummed in pleasure, "That is strange," He said in between chews, "Majority of the crystals or gems that grow in Equestria are sugary, but this is..." He took another bite just to make sure his suspicions are correct, "This tastes like a dinner of some sorts..." He looked at me and smiled, "This is great!!! I'm going to get Twilight to duplicate this so I can have this all to myself!" He ran up and gave me a quick hug before running towards his room.

I sighed, "At least I'm on good terms with everypony."

"I know what you mean, it's not easy being a foreigner of another world." She put her hoof on my shoulder, "You're having fun here aren't you?"

I nodded, "I am, it's the greatest experience that I would never trade."

She smiled, "I'm glad. Also, I wonder how Twilight's doing over at Canterlot High."

"I'm pretty sure that her head is filling to the brim of knowledge." I giggled as Applejack joined me.


-Twilight's point of view-

My second day here was overall fantastic and I learned new things while I'm here. First of all, I was able to learn what an automobile is and how it works. Second, I found out that dragons flame magic that sends messages is now on a usable device that is the size of your hand and can be used for the same purpose.

After that, Sunset and I have been busy for past few hours. Why? She and I have been studying computers at the Canterlot High Library after school hours. We were just getting fascinating about how programming works and runs a computer, but immediately got emerged by the program called the Internet. It's, somehow, got us addicted and it filled us with knowledge of what we wanted to know. Any book, any movie, anything, we could be able to find about this world and it's been a great experience!!

"Sunset, did you know that this was here in the school?" I asked.

"Yes, but I never thought that this was here to answer all sorts of questions." She admitted.

I rubbed my chin with my fingers, "Let me go ahead and search up how magic works around here."

Sunset snapped her fingers, "Alright! If the Internet can solve our questions we give it then it might be able to answer that."

I used my fingers to type the following words on the search engine, 'Where does magic come from in this world?' I pressed the enter key and it usually loads a page of links to different websites for me to pick, but nothing came up.

"Huh, that's weird..." I thought aloud.

"Try saying it another way, maybe it hasn't come across that kind of question before...." Sunset reassured.

I nodded and searched this question instead, 'What does pony up come from?' Hitting the enter button, I got one link or answer and I squeed in excitement. My mind was overwhelmed by this device and hastily clicked the link so it could load the website. It was a Phrase Dictionary website and apparently the word, 'pony up' is when you pay money, especially a payment that is in arrears.

"Maybe the Internet doesn't have an answer for what a pony up is. If it doesn't know about magic, then it wouldn't know what a pony up is." Sunset explained.

"I'm going to try one last time, then I can put this aside and focus on something else." I said backing out of the website.

As I erased the question, I quickly typed the word 'pony up', but messed up to where I typed 'porny up.' I internally said oops as I pressed enter and got a lot of links on the first page. I clicked the website PornHub and when I saw the first image, my brain stopped functioning. Sex and nudity, presently, common in Equestria but in this world... It's, from what I saw, entertainment.... With my curiosity climbing, I moved my mouse to the first video, but Sunset stopped my hand. I looked at her and the redhead shook her head.

"I think we're done with the Internet for the day, I don't want you to go through what I did in the past..." She said.

I nodded in understanding, exit out of the browser, shut down the computer and sighed, "This world is... Weird in a way."

"Sex is a form of entertainment here, however, it's not in Equestria..." Sunset pondered.

I waved my hand to the side, "Culture differences is something that I had to learn when dealing with the Yaks, so this did surprise me and weirded me out a lot."

"Let's never talk about this again?" Sunset asked.

"Talk about what?"

"Exactly."


Day 3


-Sparkle's point of view-

"Wow." It was all I could say when I first saw it.

"She's been like this since you gave her the sugarcane." Applejack explained.

Right in front of me was Pinkie Pie, sleeping on a hanger that was somehow stuck on the ceiling of the castle. All around me was a bunch of nick-nacs that she had brought. Twenty party cannons, thirty large rolls of streamers, two large stereos, a disco ball and a very large cake saying 'Goodbye Sparkle. Hope you come back soon.'

I turned to the orange mare, "What happened exactly?"

She sighed, "Well, she took a taste of the sugarcane and went haywire. Next thing I knew she was gathering things for her go away party but forgot mid-way that nopony was meant to see you. She was slowly starting early in the morning to crash when I arrived and she explained to me everything so I can explain it to you."

"So, all this stuff was brought in a single night... While I was asleep?" I asked.

"Eeyup."

"No explanation whatsoever?"

"It's Pinkie Pie is going to be my answer."

I sighed, "I think Twilight's been through this as well, right?"

"Eeyup."

"Want some breakfast before Twilight gets back?"

"Sure."

The farm pony and I head to the kitchen while Spike was preparing it. Applejack had some leftover flapjacks while I had myself an egg sandwich and Spike had another bowl of gem cereal. All three of us chatted about how the last of my two days were and I couldn't have it any other way. It's like staying in my home as a Doppelgänger of the original, which is quite exciting.

After we've cleaned up the kitchen, library, living space where Pinkie had left her mess, I got myself packed realized that I didn't get to use my equipment while I was here. 'Oh drat. I knew I had forgotten something...' I thought as I teleported into the mirror room with the suitcase.

Inside the room was Spike holding the book in his hand when it vibrated. He looked through the pages and smiled, "Twilight is coming back." He said as he quickly jumped to the mirror to place the book on the pedestal. The mirror roared as it opened from the other side. There was a disturbance outside the room and Spike sighed as he ran towards the noise. In a few seconds, a Unicorn with wings came forth which made me gasped. I was supposed to have wings and I looked beautiful in them. I walked up and hugged Twilight as she did the same.

"I didn't believe your friends that you had wings, but I was proven wrong." I said, "So I guess this vacation wasn't as planned at all."

I let go of our embrace and Twilight smiles a bit, "I know, but I have to keep Equestria safe while I'm here." I lowered my head, "Although, you can come and visit whenever you like. You teach me something about your world and I teach you something about my world."

I smirked and raised my hoof to touch hers. "Deal." Our hooves touch and I levitated my suitcase into the mirror as I continued, "I'll borrow Sunset's book to communicate with you alright?"

"Sounds like the plan." Twilight said as she heard a party cannon fire from the other room, causing her to look back, "What was that?"

I rubbed my hooves on the ground, "I gave Pinkie sugarcane and she went haywire. I didn't know what could happen because I've only met her once in my world."

Spike ran back into the room and was panting, "Twilight. *pant* I need your help. *pant* Pinkie's getting ready for another dose of sugarcane..."

She facehoofed, "Oh boy... Spike try to delay her a bit." She waved at the drake. Spike immediately left the room to stop the pink menace from getting another taste of sugar from my world.

Twilight saw how concerned I was and waved it off, "It's fine... I'll just readjust to Pinkie's revamped sugar rush."

"I'm sorry..." I frowned.

Twilight smiled, "It's not your fault Sparkle, just make sure you don't introduce Pinkie Sugar beets in your world, OK?"

I nodded, "Agreed."

We hugged once more and I walked to the mirror that ended my two in a half days in Equestria. I wasn't sad, well except what Twilight had to deal with Pinkie Pie. I was also happy because I know I will come back again when Twilight has an opening to her schedule.

When I got to the other side, just like Twilight, I flew across the campus and into a pile of orange and red leaves.

I got up and saw that my clothes were back on me and I dusted off the dead leaves that were on my skirt. I looked behind me to see that Sunset was here to greet me.

"How was your time in Equestria?" She asked.

I smiled, "Magical."

The both giggled at the comment I made which was true for Twilight and I.

Author's Note:

Hope you guys liked this one-shot and construction criticism, please! Also, I couldn't get a proof-reader for this one, so I tried my best to correct the story. If you see any errors, just comment below and please be nice, your dealing with a dyslexic author here. You might look at it as an excuse, but it's a terrible thing that I wished would go away. :pinkiehappy: :twilightsmile:

Comments ( 6 )

Lighthearted despite being rated Teen. I thought Princess Twilight was going to screw up Human Twilight but everything went good. But I have doubts in your headcannon where a doctor (who is in reality Human Discord) is the ruler of the human world.

Maybe you can explain that in another story.

I read this and liked it. Not exactly how I would have written it, but it was pretty good.

Spike had another bowel of gem cereal.

i think it should be bowl, not "bowel" ... otherwise, really good :twilightblush:

7049046 Noted and fixed. Thank you.

This was a cute eqg fic. Simple in premise but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

Po*ny up....

Login or register to comment