• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 771 Views, 21 Comments

A Shift Of Life - World Trotter



Sweetie belle finds a changeling in the everfree forest who is hurt and helps in but then starts to have feelings for him after he stays in pony vile disguised.

  • ...
6
 21
 771

First day in Ponyville

The next morning Sweetie Belle had woken up to the light of the rising sun through her window shining on her eyes. It took her a moment to recall what happened last night but it all came back to her when she saw the young changeling sleeping of the floor. She softly giggled at Shift as he was spread out not even under the blanket and on the pillow anymore as he started to quietly wake up.


“Morning Sweetie Belle.” He said still tired in his voice as he rubbed his eyes with his hoof while she sat up.

“Good morning.” She responded before hearing hoofsteps getting closer to her room as she motioned for him to get down.

Just as he laid flat on the ground Sweetie belles door opened and Rarity came in “Good morning Sweetie Belle.” She said joyfully seeing her little sister.

“Same to you Rarity.” She said a tad bit nervously but Rarity ignored it.

“I made sure to let you sleep in because of the rough day you had yesterday. I also wanted to make sure you knew that I'm heading out to Canterlot for some things I need and won't be back until very late. Meanwhile Spike should be here for a bit to clean around and organize some things.” Rarity explained receiving a nod from her little sister and started to leave the room before “Oh I almost forgot Apple bloom can't hang out because she has a lot of chores on Sweet Apple Acres and Scootaloo can't either because of the Rainbow Dash fan club.” Rarity finished leaving the room closing he door behind her making Sweetie Belle sigh in relief.

“You can come up now.” She said laying on her bed while Shift was still in the floor.

“That was close.” He said getting up off the ground to see her scoot to the edge of her bed.

“Yeah, so what do you want to do?” She asked him receiving a confused look from him.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” He asked gaining a stifled laugh from her.

“Well I don't have any plans so I was wondering do you want to do anything.” She responded placing her hind legs hanging off her bed.

“No one in the hive ever does stuff they want to on their own.” He explained while his expression changed to a depressed one.

“I'm sorry.” She said getting down and placing a hoof on his shoulder making him look at her and grin. “How about I show you around Ponyville.” She suggested fixing his depression.

“But won't the residents freak out if they see a changeling walking around?!” He stammered obviously worried about that.

She thought for a minute before saying “disguise yourself but don't copy, just create your own appearance.” She said walking towards the door to see if Rarity had left already.

He was shocked and didn't know what to do he never had to create a disguise himself before but sighed thinking there was no other way to get out of this situation.

“I'll be downstairs getting breakfast while your stay here until you come up with a new look okay.” She said cheerfully as she turned back to see him with a smile on his face.

“Okay” he responded as she went through the door and closed it heading downstairs.

(15 minutes later later)


Sweetie was enjoying her breakfast when she heard a door opening upstairs and hearing hoofsteps. “I’m ready.” She heard the familiar voice of he young changeling as she seemed to fill with excitement to see his new appearance.

“Okay come down.” She shouted getting up from the table to go to the main entrance where the staircase is. At the bottom of the stairs she saw a young colt with blue fur and a messy red main with a orange streak going through it. “It's really hard to believe that changeling's can do this.” She exclaimed as she walked towards him to get a better look and was able to see he had big green eyes and his cutie mark was a flame but it was green.

“I think that's a compliment?” He said questionably causing her to break out laughing and to fall over on the floor still laughing. He then started to look around and saw the different dresses on mannequins and the big brightly colored curtains all over the walls and windows. “What is this place?” He asked as she started to get up.


“This is my big sisters store the upstairs in the living area where our rooms are.” She explained getting off the floor. “Are you hungry?” She asked making him shake is head “okay then lets go around town.” She said as they left through the front door.


When they were out Shift saw how bright and colorful everything was compared to life in the hive. As they started to walk around a bright pink colored pony with a darker pink main zipped right in front of them.

“Hey Sweetie Belle who is this? Are they new here? Are you moving here? What is your name? Where are you from?” She started throwing the questions at him as she appeared and reappeared around them.


“Hi Pinkie and this is uh… Green…flame.?” She said slowly trying to come up with a name as Shift quivered his lip hoping the mare bought it.


“Nice name now I have a party to plan!” Pinkie exclaimed as she ran off disappearing from sight.


“That was Pinkie Pie the town party planner don't try to make sense out of anything she does.” Sweetie told him receiving a nod as they continued.


As they continued to walk they came to the front of a pink colored building with a cupcake on the top.


“Sweetie Belle what's this?” Shift questioned sound a little uncomfortable from how brightly colored the building is.


“This is Sugarcube Corner, where Pinkie Pie works.” Sweetie explained receiving a nod from Shift as they walked some more heading more outside of town.


After a 10 minute walk the came across a large farm with hundreds of apple trees. “This is Sweet Apple Acres, it's where my friend Apple Bloom loves and where we get Apple cider along with many other Apple food products.” Sweetie exclaimed waving her hood around and showing the wide landscape.


“It's huge, and how many ponies work this place?” Shift asked amazed by the scenery and expected at least 25 ponies to live and work this place.


“Only my friend and her older sister and brother. Along with Granny Smith.” Sweetie answered making Shifts jaw drop at how only 4 ponies manage the place.


“Howdy y'all.” They turned their heads to see a orange mate with a blonde mane wearing a cowboy hat and three apples as her cutie mark.


“Hey Applejack how are you.” Sweetie asked as the mare approached them with a bucket of apples.


“I'm just fine partner.” She responded then noticing Shift “and who might this be?” She asked smiling as she put out her hoof.


“I'm uh… Green Flame nice to meet you Applejack.” He answered as he shook her hoof.


“Nice to meet ya flame now I need to be getting back work so why don't y'all go finish showing him around town.” Aj said before wandering back to the orchard.


After a few more visit around town such as Town Hall and where golden oaks library was before it was destroyed they started to head back to Carousel Boutique seeing it was getting kind of late.


Sweetie figures that they couldn't see Twilight because she would be busy and Fluttershy would just have a nervous breakdown.


“Okay you can drop your disguise now.” Sweetie said as they entered the building closing the door.


“But what about that Spike guy your sister mentioned?” Shift pointed out.


“I'm pretty sure he finished and left a long time ago since he had all day to clean the place up.” She stated seeing him bid in agreement as she walked into the kitchen.


“Oh hey Sweetie Belle.” She heard a voice and looked with wide eyes as she saw Spike the purple and green baby dragon putting dishes away and cleaning the counter.


“H-hey Spike what are you still doing here?” She asked quite slowly as Spike noticed she kept eyeing the door behind her.


“Oh I was going to clean this morning but Twilight had do a few things so I couldn't do it until the afternoon so here I am.” Spike explained as she started to back up to the door. “Oh I heard you were with a new pony today, what was there name?” He asked as he turned around to look at here as he brushed his hands together.


“His name was Green Flame.” She said with clenched teeth as she seemed to try to say it the through the door.


“Well o wish I could have met him, Pinkie wouldn't stop talking about how she saw you with him.” He said before he gave a slight chuckle when before Sweetie could respond the door opened.


“Hey Sweetie Belle what's going on.” They both heard as Spikes eyes widened at the sight of a changeling walk through the door. Shifts eyes widened to as he spotted the baby dragon in front of him “……hi” he said waving his bug like hoof slightly as he half closed his eyes shyly.

Author's Note:

Well I hope this was a good place to leave off and hope you all enjoy.


Thank you for following the development, of A Shift Of Life