• Published 12th Nov 2015
  • 770 Views, 21 Comments

A Shift Of Life - World Trotter



Sweetie belle finds a changeling in the everfree forest who is hurt and helps in but then starts to have feelings for him after he stays in pony vile disguised.

  • ...
6
 21
 770

What are you doing here

After leaving the forest Sweetie Belle noticed that the sun had already set and ran towards town and quickly ran into Scootaloo and Applebloom.


“Guys!” She exclaimed running towards them gaining their attention.


“Sweetie Belle, where were you we've been back for almost an hour.” Applebloom states shocking Sweetie Belle.


“Where's Rarity?!” She quickly asked with wide eyes.


“She's home wondering where you are.” Scootaloo answered when Sweetie Belle quickly ran off leaving the other two standing there.


It took only a few minutes to get to Carousel Boutique and slammed the door open to find a worried Rarity looking from the top of the stairs down at her before squealing.


“Sweetie Belle!” Rarity screamed using her magic to teleport to her little sister giving her a bear hug. “I'm so glad your back don't ever leave for so long ever again!!” She continued to cry out when Sweetie Belle felt her back about to explode.


“It's nice to be home Rarity.” She said uncomfortably getting out of the hug.


“Sorry I was worried.” Rarity apologizes before walking her sister upstairs “but right now it's time for you to go to bed.” She ordered receiving a light sigh from Sweetie Belle.



(In the everfree forest)


Shift was still wondering around trying to find some place to rest for the night before he heard a growl to his right.


“Oh no.” He said quietly to himself before he ran as fast as he could in any direction that would take him away from the growls. He kept running and running before finding himself out of the forest but didn't stop to see where he was until he heard no more noises.


After hearing nothing else he slowed down and leaned against something he thought was a tree but soon realized it was a lot smoother than tree bark. He looked to his right to find him leaning on a strange shaped building with nlue walls and a pink roof all with a strange design he's never seen before.


Looking uk a little more he saw a open window and had to make a decision, either go back to the woods with Timberwolves or try his luck with this building. He then heard a howling coming from the forest and quickly as best he could with his injured wing flew up to the window.


Once he entered the building he quickly but quietly closed the window and started to relax on the ground before starting to look around the room. It was small but had purple walls a small beige colored desk with a mirror on it and a nightstand with a lamp next to a bed with light green covers. He started to approach the bed but heard voices and looked up to see a door and quickly dropped to the floor quietly when he heard the door open and heard the voices clearly.


“I'm sorry for being out so long.” A small high pitched voice said with a little bit a sadness in it, but it sounded familiar to him.


“It's okay I forgive you already now off to bed goodnight.” Another voice said obviously from a older mare.


Then he heard the door close and hoofsteps approaching the other side of the bed making him a little nervous when he heard the voice again.


“Today was a long day I need to get some shut eye.” He heard the small voice say before hearing them get under the covers and lay down.


He was terrified not knowing what he should do try to get out the window or possibly stay there the whole night he was just to terrified and confused. He was about to stand up when he heard shuffling from the bed and decided to take a small peek to see if it's alright to move.


Sweetie Belle was having a hard time trying to get to sleep she closed her eyes and relaxed but she couldn't get Shift out of her head. She felt bad for the changeling being so young but all alone secretly she hoped to see him again to ask a few questions.


She flipped herself to face the other side of the room where she's able to see the window and hoped she could just at wall until she fell asleep. As soon as she did turn she saw bright eyes staring right back at her.


She screamed and from the looks of it so did the pair of eyes as it tried to run through the window but ran into the wall. Sweetie Belle then pulled the covers over her but didn't cover her eyes so she could see what is in her room with her. After looking at it as it tried to recover from the hit she couldn't tell what it was but that it was a dark color so she turned on the lamp on her nightstand. As soon as she turned it on she saw the changeling in her room and was about to scream but then say a few makeshift bandages on it starting to come off.


“Shift?” She quietly asked gaining the changeling’s attention seeing him have an equal amount of surprise In his eyes. She then realized that now she sees that his eyes are a lot more dark green. The other changeling's see saw during the Canterlot invasion.


“Sweetie Belle,w-what are you doing here.” He stammered from embarrassment of the realization of where he was.


“This is my room I live here.” She answered calmly equally embarrassed but blushing a slight but before hearing hoofsteps outside. “Get down!” She yelled as quietly as she could to him before the door opened and he dropped to the floor.


“Sweetie Belle are you alright!” Rarity shouted coming in and rushing to the other side of the bed of Shift.


“YES! I-I mean I'm fine I just uh almost rolled of the uh bed.” Sweetie Belle stammered hoping the story was good enough for her older sister to believe.


“Well okay but go to sleep it's very late and you were in the Everfree forest for so long it had me devastated.” Rarity explained as she left the room and closed the door.

As soon as she left Shift got up “Who was that?” He asked obviously confused about why she was here.


“That's my older sister Rarity the element of generosity.” She explained with slight annoyance that Shift could sense. “Anyway what are you doing here I thought you wanted to stay away from pony civilization?” She questioned looking back to Shift who was about to answer before starting to loose his balance and winced in pain.


“Hey” she said quickly getting out of her bed and over to him helping him up “are you alright?” She said concerning surprising him.


“I'm fine just the wounds you covered are starting to hurt again and my wing stings” he answered trying to move his left wing before wincing in pain again.


Sweetie Belle ran over to her nightstand and opened a drawer and pulled out a few rags and ran back to him while using her magic to hold a small bottle. “Let me see it.” She said Mekong him let her move his wing before applying medicine into it and started to place a rag on it. “This might sting a little.” She warned him starting to rap the rag around the wing making him wince a little bit before she tied it and started to replace all the other makeshift rags too.


“Thank you.” He responded relaxing a little after she finished before realizing he felt hungry hearing his stomach growl.


“You need something to eat?” Sweetie Belle asked awkwardly smiling at him making him sheepishly smile and a green tint appeared in his cheek she assumed was him blushing.

Author's Note:

Here it is after such a long time i hope you all enjoy it