• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 1,965 Views, 5 Comments

Dinky the Crusader - xxGamer101xx



The Cuite Mark Crusaders decide to add a new member to their group.

  • ...
2
 5
 1,965

Story

The final school bell rang and all the fillies and colts galloped out of the schoolhouse. It was now summer break, which meant three whole months without any school. One certain unicorn had galloped much faster then the others, that was Dinky. She couldn't wait to go home and see her mother. Who knew maybe Dinky could help her make muffins and might even help her deliver the mail. The little unicorn was abruptly stopped as two fillies, Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon blocked her path.

"Hey Dinky." said Silver Spoon as she got closer in Dinky's face, "Where are you going?"

"No, not them!" Thought Dinky. Of all the ponies to be stopped by, it had to be them.

"Hey!" shouted Silver Spoon was also close to Dinky's face,"Didn't you hear me?"

Dinky innocently blinked at them a bit. "I'm sorry, I didn't," she replied.

"I said, where are you going?"

"I'm going home," replied Dinky.

"To go back to your cross-eyed mother?" asked Diamond Tiara.

That comment almost had Dinky in tears. The little purple unicorn hated it when a pony made fun of her mother. She wished her mother would do something about it, but she never did. She accepted it so much that her mother had been given the name, Derpy Hooves.
"
You take that back!" shouted Dinky her voice filled with anger.

"What are you going to do about it?" asked Diamond Tiara, "Go and cry to that pirate wannabe?"

"His name is Pipsqueak." corrected Dinky.

"Of course you would know that." teased Silver Spoon as she mocked Dinky, "How long have you two been dating!"

"We aren't dating! We’re just friends!" shouted Dinky. She sniffed back a few tears and frowned at them filling with anger. "And you take back what you said about my mom!"

Before Silver Spoon could say anything, an orange pegasus with a short purple mane tackled her, "I'm sick of you two making fun of other ponies!"

"Scootaloo!" Gasped Dinky, "You don't have to do this!"

"You heard her, take that back!" growled an angry Scootaloo.

"Isn't that just great, you have the chicken standing up for you!" remarked Diamond Tiara in a superior mocking tone.

"I'm not a chicken!" shouted Scootaloo glaring angrily at the stuck up filly.

"You fly like one!" she said in a mocking voice.

Scootaloo, now teaming with anger tackled Diamond Tiara. Dinky watched as Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara fought a brutal battle. Their hooves were flying and flailing about as each tried to overpower the other. Their fight was broken up when their teacher, Cheerilee saw them quarreling.

"And what do you think you two are doing?!" shouted Cheerilee in a commanding tone as she gave both fillies a disappointing look.

"She started it!" said Scootaloo pointing a hoof at Diamond Tiara.

"No I didn't!" protested Diamond Tiara, "The chicken started it!"

"For the last time, I am not a chicken! Apple Bloom is gonna pay for making that joke!"

"Enough," said Cheerilee holding up her right hoof. "In my office, now!"

Diamond Tiara and Scootaloo each gave one another a harsh glare.

"You heard me, in my office now!" shouted Cheerilee.

It was rare that anypony would ever hear Cheerilee shout, and when she did it meant she was really angry. As Scootaloo and Diamond Tiara followed Cheerilee, Dinky walked past them making sure not to be noticed. As she reached Silver Spoon, she had extended her hoof causing Dinky to trip.

Dinky fell face first into a mud puddle. A bunch of the other school ponies had seen it and laughed at her.
"I guess you and your mom do share something in common, you’re both total klutzes!" mocked Sliver Spoon.

Dinky had gotten back to her hooves and then galloped as fast as she could. She sprinted all the way home. When she got to her house, she went straight to her room and slammed the door shut. Dinky lay down on her bed and began crying.

"Why do they have to be so mean." thought Dinky, tears streaming down her face. "I wish everypony was friends with each other."
Dinky's thoughts were interrupted, as there was a loud knocking on her door.

"Come in." said Dinky, wiping her tears off her face.

The door opened and a figure entered in Dinky's room. It was her mother, Ditzy Doo. Better known as Derpy Hooves. She had always been called Derpy Hooves and never by her real name. Her best friend, Carrot Top however was one of the few ponies that had called her Ditzy. She walked over to her troubled daughter and placed a hoof on her child’s shoulder.

"What's wrong little muffin?" she asked.

"Mom, can I ask you something?" Whimpered Dinky.

"Of course you can my muffin."

"Why are you so different from the other ponies?"

"What do you mean?"

"Your eyes, why are they like that?"

That was a rather touchy subject. Ditzy never saw anything wrong with her eyes, but other ponies disagreed with her. She was the mailmare, she was the best at her job. She never delivered a package late and never lost it for that matter. To some ponies, they respected Ditzy for that, some however would complain and say that they'll never trust a cross-eyed mailmare.
It didn't brother Ditzy, she did her job and that was all that mattered. To her daughter however, it made Dinky angry that other ponies would make fun of her.

Just as Ditzy was about to say something, somepony had knocked on the door. Ditzy had gone out of Dinky's room to answer it, curiously Dinky had gone down the stairs to see who it was. To their surprise, it was Filthy Rich, the owner of Barnyard Deals.

"Mr. Filthy," said Ditzy, "what are you doing here?" Filthy Rich gave Ditzy a cold stare,"I mean Mr. Rich," Ditzy corrected herself, "What are you doing here? Come in."

"Thank you Mrs. Doo." said Filthy Rich as we walked in the house, "Is Dinky around?"

"Dinky!" called out Ditzy Doo, "Mr. Rich would like to talk to you."

Dinky stood at the top of the stairs and heard her name. Slowly she descended them. When she reached her mother, she saw a pony was hiding behind Filthy Rich. It was his daughter, Diamond Tiara.

"Yes," said Dinky in a soft voice, "What do you want Mr. Rich?"

"I believe that my daughter has something to say to you," answered Filthy Rich. He turned to look at his daughter giving her a stern expression. "Now Diamond Tiara, say you’re sorry." Diamond Tiara slowly came from behind her father but just stood there. "Diamond Tiara, I mean it, now!"

The little filly grimaced at having to apologize. Still she knew she couldn’t defy her father. If she did it would mean no more allowances for…well even a week would be too long to her. She sighed and looked at the young purple unicorn. "I'm sorry Dinky," she spoke trying to sound sincere.

"Wow!" thought Dinky. Whenever Cheerilee had Diamond Tiara apologize to anypony, she never meant it. Her dad must have given her a lecture or something. She smiled and said, "I accept your apology."

Mr. Rich smiled and nodded his head in approval. "Thank your Mrs. Doo for understand this issue," he remarked politely.

"What issue?" asked Ditzy feeling shocked. It caused her eyes to go crossed. Diamond Tiara tried her best not to laugh, when she did laugh, she was greeted by a hoof slap on the side of the head by her father.

"Hasn't Dinky told you?" Asked Mr. Rich.

"No, Dinky hasn’t," said Ditzy giving her daughter a glare, "What happened?"

Diamond Tiara’s father cleared his throat. "There was quite a mishap after school today. My daughter said some things about you and your daughter that she will soon regret," stated Filthy Rich as he gave his daughter another disapproving look, "Isn't that right Diamond Tiara?"
Diamond Tiara slowly nodded her head. "Yes, you’re right sir." The filly replied in a defeated voice.

Ditzy gave Dinky an annoyed glance then looked back at her guest. "Sorry Mr. Rich, I need to have a private talk with Dinky."

"I understand, come Diamond Tiara, we are leaving," Filthy Rich instructed as he and his daughter left the house.

As the door closed Ditzy gave her daughter a troubled look, "Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"It was nothing!"

Ditzy sighed. "Dinky, me and your father told you when anypony gives your problems to come and talk to us about it."

"For the last time, Dr. Whooves isn't my father. He's my step-father."

"He's still a much better father then your real one was."

As Dinky was about to say something, the door sung open to reveal a happy purple unicorn, "Guess which pony just got a job at Carousel Boutique?" Ditzy and Dinky didn't say anything, but Sparkler kept on going on,"This pony did!" Said the unicorn pointing a hoof at herself.

"Not now Sparkler," remarked Ditzy shaking her head.

"Whoops, sorry." said Sparkler feeling a little sheepish. “If you need me, I'll be in my room." The unicorn quickly excused herself and made for her bedroom.

"Now back to the subject, why didn't you tell me what happened?" asked Ditzy.

"For once, I wanted to have a normal mother," said Dinky, "Not one that everypony makes fun of."

Ditzy just stood there as tears slowly streamed down her face, "Is that what you think of me? My own daughter, thinks the same of me as everypony else does?"

"For once, I wish my family was normal!" Dinky whimpered bitterly as tears streamed down her face as well. Then she added, "And not some freak show!"

"That's it young lady, you are grounded!” Shouted Ditzy still wiping away some tears.

"Fine, I don't care," said Dinky as she galloped up the stairs and into her room. She called back, "Ground me as long as you want!" With that the little unicorn ran to her room crying and sobbing. She entered her room and slammed the door shut behind her. Dinky flopped onto her bed and buried her head on her pillow. She cried for what seemed to be hours and eventually, the distressed filly fell asleep.

As morning arrived, Dinky slowly got out of bed. She brushed her mane and teeth then made her way out of the house without anypony noticing her.

"If there is one placed that can always cheer me, it has to be Sugar Cube Corner." thought Dinky as she was walking through Ponyville. "I know Pinkie can cheer me up." As the little unicorn entered Sugar Cube Corner, she saw that three other fillies were there. They were Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and Apple Bloom, better known as the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Dinky waved to them as she trotted up to the counter. There, a happy pink earth pony greeted her.

"Welcome Sugar Cube Corner, the place were smiles come from!" said Pinkie Pie, "Oh hi Dinky! Tell your sister I said congratulations on the new job!"

"I will." said Dinky as she was admiring the pastries on display.

"Do you want the usual?"

"Yes please."

"One banana muffin coming right up."

As Dinky walked over to a table to sit at, the three fillies were whispering about something,"That's the one Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon were picking on." whispered Scootaloo.

"Ah can't believe Diamond Tiara would do such a thing." Apple Bloom whispered back.

"I know, picking on somepony is one thing, but saying mean stuff about her mom is just down right rude.” Sweetie Belle spoke quietly.

"Should we talk to her and make sure she's okay?"

"Eeyup." whispered Apple Bloom.

"Cutie Mark Crusader Therapists, Yay!" whispered the three as soft as they could.

"Hey Dinky!" called out Apple Bloom, "Ya look kind of lonely, want to sit with us? Ah'm pretty sure we don't bite, not sure of Scoots though."

"Um…sure," said Dinky using her magic to levitate her muffin. She trotted towards the crusaders to join them.

"I'm sorry about what Diamond Tiara and Sliver Spoon did to you." said Scootaloo as she took a bite from her cupcake.

"It's fine," said Dinky, "Thank you for standing up for me Scootaloo."

"It's nothing, Diamond Tiara totally deserved it."

"It's just that no pony really does stand up for me," noted the little unicorn.

Apple Bloom had almost choked on her cupcake when Dinky said that, "Ya mean no pony never stands up for ya?"

Dinky perked up for a moment. "Well, there is Pipsqueak, he's really my only friend."

"Dinky," said Scootaloo, "We could always use another member for the Cutie Mark Crusaders, mind joining us?"

The filly’s mouth dropped open in awe in what they had just said, "I would love too!"

"Check with yur ma if it's okay and then get on over to Sweet Apple Acres as soon as ya can." replied Apple Bloom as she got out of her seat and left of Sugar Cube Corner.

"Yeah, see ya Dinky," said Sweetie and Scootaloo as they got out of their seats following Apple Bloom.

Dinky nodded and got out of her seat as fast as she could and galloped out of Sugar Cube Corner. She dashed all the way back to her house. The filly wanted to make sure to get there without anypony noticing that she was gone.
When Dinky reached her house, a pony had noticed that she was gone. Her mother had given her daughter a very sharp glare as Dinky entered the house.

"And where have you been?" asked Ditzy.

"I was just at Sugar Cube Corner." answered Dinky, "And I saw the pony that stood up for me against Diamond Tiara. I said thank you to her."
The glare that Ditzy gave to her daughter soften up a bit, "And?"

"And, she and her friends want to be my friends!" Declared Dinky, "And I just wanted to ask you if it’s okay."
Ditzy smiled at her daughter. "Of course you can, my little muffin."

"Really?"

"I won't stop from having the privilege I never had when I was filly."

"And what was that?"

"To have friends." said Ditzy in a soft voice, "Now go my muffin, you can be with your new friends."
Dinky gave her mother a big hug and soon galloped out of the house heading for Sweet Apple Acres. As she galloped, thoughts were racing in her mind. "Please let this be real and not some cruel joke." thought Dinky as she reached the large apple farm.
The purple unicorn saw that Apple Bloom was talking to an orange earth pony. The yellow filly saw Dinky and trotted over to her.

"Hi Dinky." said Apple Bloom.

"Hi."

"Come on follow me. Ah got to show ya something," said Apple Bloom.
Dinky followed her as they walked through the apple orchard. They stopped at a huge apple tree surrounded by other apple trees. This tree held a small-enclosed clubhouse. Apple Bloom went up the stairs and Dinky followed. When the two got in the clubhouse, Dinky saw that Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle were already inside. Sweetie Belle was holding a cape in her hooves.
Sweetie walked up to Dinky and presented her the cape. "There, now you got a cape!"

"The Cutie Mark Crusaders welcome you Dinky!" Scootaloo smiled as she gazed upon their newest member.

Dinky smiled and held the cape close. "Thanks you guys!"

Comments ( 5 )

D'aaaaaaww.

Really nice story.
A great 'quick-read' before I start my day.:yay:

One little aspect that gave me a great deal of satisfaction, was that Filthy Rich isn't presented as being as equally spoiled as his daughter is.
Good going. :pinkiesmile:

Have an up-vote.
I'll be adding this to my library. :ajsmug:

"
You take that back!" shouted Dinky her voice filled with anger.

someting be little derpy wit dat line :trollestia: lol se wat i did there?

twas good but can ya really leave it like that? keep the story going meng

Is this Fic Pre-Epîsode 18 or Post-Episode 18?!

Given what we've seen in today's episode, I'll stake my life's savings on DT just repeating stuff that her mother said about Derpy.

6512158 It was posted before the episode aired, so it has to be pre.

Login or register to comment