• Published 25th Oct 2015
  • 941 Views, 6 Comments

Rise of the Maximals - Jongoji245



A New Timeline version of how the Maximals were formed.

  • ...
6
 6
 941

Bonus Chapter: Of Kings and Wingmen

February 2nd/ 2013

Almost three months had passed since the unfortunate accident, but the wound still ran deep. Beginning her second semester back at school, Sunset fared little better. With the Spring Fling nearby, everyone was getting ready. Current contestants for the title Princess are Trixie, Lightning Dust, and herself. The score balanced between her and Trixie, a few more votes would be needed to tip the scales.

Sunset sat alone at the lunch table. Not making any eye contact with her classmates. She looked at today's meal, pasta with meatballs. But appetizing the meal was, she didn't feel ready to satiate her hunger.

"Coral snake..." A voice echoed in her head. In her line of vision, the noodles became alive, slithering off the tray and table "Red and Yellow, make a dead fellow."

When the bell rang, Sunset snapped back into focus, her food becoming limp again. With a hiss, she stood up, threw the contents of the tray, placed it in the dish bin and walked out of the lunch room.

"Are you crazy?!" In their free hour after lunch, Crescendo yelled at her brother "Have you just forgotten that Sunset is still grieving over Night Dancer?!"

"No." Hooflock answered "Flash and I just thought that maybe a little date between them would cheer her up."

Crescendo pinched her temples. "You are so..."

Hoof tensed his face. "What? What are you going to say?"

"You're two years older than the three of us, why can't you ever think for yourself?"

Hooflock raised a brow, "Are you saying I'm stupid?"

"No." Answered Crescendo with a sad tone in her voice "You can be loyal to anybody, but can you be loyal to everybody?"

As Crescendo turned and left, her question struck the dumbfounded Junior. As math class continued, Hooflock riddled in deep thought. He tried to recollect any memory of Flash Sentry being a friend to him.

"Well there was the time he brought me to a bunch of girls..." He thought to himself before realizing "No, they hung out with him more than me."

"Oh, there was a time when I helped his band carry their equipment..." He shook his head again "Only myself, without thanks."

Hooflock furrowed his brow, "What about-"

"Hooflock!" The Junior turned to his teacher, Square Root with his arms crossed and an eyebrow raised "care to tell the class the square root of five hundred forty-six?"

Snapped back into focus, realizing his own life as a whole, twitched a muscle or two on his face before answering, "Twenty-six point three six six six four two eight nine one zero nine!"

The entire class was shocked at this outburst, for this was the first time they heard him spoke that loud before.

The professor took a deep breath, "Correct."

As the school day ended, Hooflock tried to maintain his anger as he walked down the halls to his locker.

"Hey, Hooflock!" The older student curled his lip as Flash walked from behind "Have you set up the little display at Sunset's locker?"

"No."

Flash tapped his shoulder, "Well, we can get it set up-"

"You mean I can get it set up tomorrow?" Flash turned to see his partner looking furious "Like how the girls swoon over you after you introduced me to them, or how I carried every single piece of equipment for your band, or how about you just speak for me when I can clearly speak for myself!"

The other students watched as the goliath spoke against one of the most popular students in the school. Flash splayed his arms out, looking confused.

"What, why are you talking like that?" Flash then soft punched Hoof's shoulder "C'mon, you're my wingman."

"Exactly!" He barked back "I'm two years older than you and you treat me like a gun ready to be disposed of when the barrel's busted! If this was how I have been played all these years, then I shouldn't be your friend at all!"

Hooflock stormed forward, ignoring everyone's reaction as he reached his locker. Flash clenched his fists before waving him off.

"Fine! Be an ass!" Flash turned around towards the Freshman locker hall "I'll just ask her my-"

Flash was stopped when he spotted Sunset Shimmer, packed up to leave for the day, scowling at him.
The jock gave a nervous chuckle.

"You know, if you were also my friend, why haven't you helped me for all these years when I was in that hellhole? Or better yet, when you noticed I had" she pulls her shirt collar, revealing a more healed whip mark but still present "this around my neck. I was lucky to have ran away the first time because I have found many better friends that are two to six years younger than the both of us!"

A tear rolled down her eye as she stormed off towards the doors. "You can ditch offering to be my date, in fact, if I were you, I wouldn't go to the Spring Fling at all!" With a slam of the doors, the student body looked at him, two wrongs don't make a right after all.

"You have a lot to think about." Said Crescendo as she walked by to join her brother.

Back outside, Sunset continued her walk back to her home. When she was passing by the cemetery, she turned around and found Cosgrove and Dapplewood making a small snowman near Night Dancer's burial stone. As the younger brother smoothed out the ephemeral piece, Cosgrove turned to find their neighbor behind the scarf. After looking at each other for a while, Cosgrove returned to his brother. Sunset took a breath of cold air and continued her journey back home.

Comments ( 5 )

6850306

In this context, "Maximal" is a group like that of the Rainbooms, Dazzlings, and Crusaders, not like that of the Transformers.

Then again, I should find me an editor. I always write these stories and check them alone, and even then, I'm not perfect.

it would be nice to know what ANY OF YOUR STORIES ARE ABOUT just saying this is a new time line and my head canon tells me nothing WHAT IS THE PLOT OF IT AND THE PLOT OF ANY OF YOUR STORIES

DAUMN, does equestria girls: rebcon whatever story have a shit tone of prequel's!!!????

7069239

In a sense yes. :twilightsheepish:

Originally, I planned to have the "The Perfect Dinosaur" through "Heir of the Sands" to be in one story, but after talking it over in the Crossovers Group, one person suggested it to be each stand alone story so as to not confuse the audience. Thus the multitude of prequels leading all the way through to "Equestria Girls: The Rubicon."

>>Jongoji245
You should check out my story it's my first story so give me your opinion the name is" THE RISE OF KING FURGO"

Login or register to comment