• Published 9th Oct 2015
  • 163 Views, 0 Comments

Discontinued Stories: an Anthology - LOL3evee



An anthology of all of my old, bad stories from the past which have never been posted.

  • ...
 0
 163

(2013) Scootafiction Chapter 3: "Flying Lessons"

Author's Note:

An unseen chapter from an older anthology (from 2013) featuring Scootaloo, aptly titled "Scootafiction." This story has its own little problems, seeing as how I tried to write something touching with no knowledge of how to actually pull it off. Like "MineLP: Friendship Chronicles," I rushed through it with no thought as to how it would turn out. On top of all that, I never finished the chapter. There goes one hour of 2013, straight down the drain...

Celestia's sun was bright and warm, and it was the perfect day to practice flying. Scootaloo stood on the edge of a cloud with Rainbow Dash, awaiting instructions from the cyan mare.

"Alright squirt," Rainbow Dash said, "it's time to start your next lesson."

Scootaloo's wings flared open, and the pegasus stood at attention.

"What is the first rule of flight?" The cyan mentor asked.

"Pay attention to your surroundings, taking care to not fly into anything!"

"Second rule?"

"Pay attention to the currents and adjust your wings to the change in wind speed and altitude!"

"Great job, Scoots! Now," Rainbow Dash said, "what is the final rule of flight?"

"Never push yourself too hard, and don't let your wings stiffen too much," Scootaloo answered with confidence.

"Great! The first step in learning how to fly is memorizing these simple rules and, as you know, training."

Scootaloo stood up straight. She wanted to fly already, but she knew that she had to train herself correctly before she could actually fly.

"Let's start with a few simple stretches," Rainbow Dash said. "First, you sit down and raise your wings."

Rainbow Dash sat down to demonstrate, and her young student followed. Scootaloo did as instructed, sitting down and raising her wings high.

"Next step, move your wings slowly in circular motions. You should feel a slight burn in your joints, but his is good1 It means your wings are getting the stretch that they need."

Again, the filly obeyed, doing exactly as she was told. After a few minutes, Rainbow Dash stopped the filly and began a new stretch, this time, however, it was a leg exercise. The pegasi continued doing stretches and other exercises for a good ten minutes.

"Okay! I think you're ready to start learning," Rainbow Dash said. "Let's start with hovering."

Scootaloo readied herself for takeoff, and began to flap rapidly. Her tiny wings emitted a vibrating sound as she moved her wings up and down as fast as she could. Beads of sweat began to run down the orange filly's face as she strained to lift herself off the cloud floor. After what seemed like hours, Scootaloo finally lifted herself off the ground ever so slightly.

"Nice job squirt," Rainbow Dash said, patting the filly on the back. "You look beat! You deserve a nice, long break."

Scootaloo collapsed on the ground, panting heavily. Her mentor brought her a cup of water, which she downed faster than a woodpecker can hammer a tree. As the cool water hit Scootaloo's dry mouth, she felt a wave of relief. After the water had gone, she looked into the glass, a despondent frown on her face.

"More water, please?" The filly said

As soon as she had asked, Rainbow Dash shot away, returning seconds later with another glass of water.

"Thanks," Scootaloo said.

"No problem!"

Scootaloo drank the second glass and placed it down. She sat next to her idol, watching the golden sun set on the horizon. Shades of purple and orange blended together beautifully, creating the perfect sunset for a day full of hard work. The orange pegasus sighed. Today was a good day, and she didn't want it to end. She wished she could spend time with Rainbow Dash forever. Of course, she couldn't spend time with her forever. Rainbow Dash was a busy mare. She had stuff to do. As the sun disappeared on the horizon, Rainbow Dash turned to face Scootaloo.

"Hey squirt," she said. "I got permission from the orphanage to let you stay at my house for tonight, and I was wondering if-"

"YES!" Scootaloo shouted.

Rainbow Dash chuckled. "Alright, then."