• Published 8th Oct 2015
  • 1,134 Views, 37 Comments

The Other Alicorn - The Corn



Everypony loves a Princess. They'd do anything just to catch a glimpse of Celestia or Luna, they'd fly all the way to the Crystal Empire to see Cadence and they act all sweet around Twilight Sparkle, but what about me? Nopony even knows my name...

  • ...
9
 37
 1,134

The flashback

Now, I tried not to show it, but I was scared. I thought that living in Ponyville would be a breeze, that I'd just walk in and that everypony would love me. I'd get it right this time. Start a fresh. But I thought wrong. Now, the task that the pink pony had just asked me to do was going to determine whether ponies around here would like me or not. It could possibly effect my whole future!

Time seemed to slow around me. Why did I agree to this? I'm not sure I can do this. Of corse I can, I'm an alicorn. But what if I can't? What if for some reason I fail, then everypony will think I'm a fake, then they'll hate me. I don't care about them loving me anymore, I just want them to like me, to accept me for who I am, to treat me the way they treat any other pony. But if I fail this task then they won't like me at all! I won't be able to cross the street without somepony looking over at me and thinking, 'Oh look, there's that little FAKE!' I will be a laughing stock and I'll have to move house AGAIN!

Then everything started going fussy. My head was spinning, I couldn't stand up. I could still hear the ponies talking, but it seemed like they were somewhere far away and their voices were echoing.

"What's the matter ... Matter... Matter...."

"Is she okay ... Kay... Kay...?!"

Then their voices started to sound all slurry and mixed up and I couldn't understand.

"Fey don fin shee faykrin, maaaaybe wey shudd geter doc tor."

Suddenly everything went silent. It was like I had been put inside a room with no windows and no light, and everypony had just left me there all alone. It was really scary. I was terrified. Then, out of nowhere came this massive flash of light! When I opened my eyes I was back in Manehatten, but it seemed... Different.

I was stood inside the small park where I first met Babs Seed. I looked around. It seemed just like I had remembered it, the swings, the slide, the bench, everything. Then I spotted her, Babs Seed. I couldn't believe my eyes, it was really her! I rushed over to her.

"Babs, it's me, you wouldn't believe what a time I had back in Ponyville!"

But Babs just completely ignored me and carried on playing.

"Oh, you heard about that task that the pink pony set for me then. I guess I must have failed. That would explain why you're ignoring me anyway. Strange, I don't even remember what happened that day. In fact, I can't even remember how I got here!"

But she still didn't do anything, she just carried on like I wasn't even there. At that moment another filly came wondering over. I recognised her but I couldn't think where from. She was wearing a hat and a cloak, just like I did when I used to live in Manehatten. She was white, she had no cutie mark and she had a silver mane and tail.

Then it hit me. This filly WAS me. But how? How could I be stood just a few meters away at the same time as I was stood right next to Babs Seed?! It made my head hurt just thinking about it. Then the other me stopped at the other side of Babs Seed and said,

"Um, excuse me, could you maybe help me, I'm trying to get on the swing but I can't reach, can you help me get on?"

These words were familiar. They went around and around in my head until everything was clear. This is what I had said to Babs the first time we had met. It was like I was watching my own past before my eyes.

Then came another bright flash of light. I wasn't in the park anymore. I was at home. I was sat in my bedroom, trying and trying to lift up my hat with my horn. But it was no use. No matter how hard I tried, the most I could get was a tiny spark. I was nowhere near ready to lift a hat. Then came a knock at the door. I quickly put on my hat and cloak and rushed downstairs to answer it. It was Babs Seed.

"Hi." She said to me. "You said I should come round, that you had something important to say."

I grabbed her hoof and pulled her inside, closing the door behind us.

"Wow!" She cried. "I didn't expect that, what's the rush?"

I took a deep breathe.

"Promise me you won't tell."

"Tell what?" Babs asked curiously.

"Tell my secret." I said, as though it was obvious.

"What secret?"

"The secret that I'm about to tell you."

"Which is?"

I sighed. Before then, I'd never shared my secret with anypony. But Babs seemed different. Like she knew how to keep a secret, possibly she kept one herself. But I could guarantee that whatever her secret was, mine was a bigger secret. My secret was bigger and better than anypony's. That's why I had to keep it. But for the first time ever, I was about to share it. I took of my cloak.

"Wow, you're a Pegasus!" Babs exclaimed.

"Not just that." I said, taking off my hat to reveal my horn.

Babs Seed gasped.

"An alicorn?!" She gushed excitedly. "I've never seen a REAL alicorn before!"

"Shhhh!" I pleaded. "If anypony hears you I don't know what will happen, I've never told anypony that I'm an alicorn before. Alicorns don't really come to Manehatten, if they see me they'll think I'm a freak!"

"Relax, we're inside, nopony can hear us, besides, I'm sure they wouldn't think you're a freak, I don't think you're a freak."

"I suppose your right. Thanks."

I paused. This was because Babs was looking right at me.

"What's up?" I asked her.

"Well, don't you think we're getting a little carried away? You've invited me around to your house, told me your biggest secret, and you haven't even told me your name."

This made me feel really uncomfortable. Both watching it and being there at the time. I had never liked telling people my name. I avoided telling people my name. I didn't really have any nicknames either. Well, not any nice ones.

Another flash came. I was stood in the park again, but this time Babs was nowhere to be seen. I was wearing my cloak and hat as usual to cover my horn and wings. There was girls crowded around me.

"What kind of a name is that?!"

I gulped. I knew exactly what this moment was. I can remember it clearly, not that I want to.

"Princess! Seriously?! Your name is Princess?! Who in Equestria would call their filly Princess?! It's such a stupid name! Why did your parents call you that anyway? You're nothing like a Princess! If I had to give you a name, I'd call you LOSER!"

The word loser was now weaving it's way through my mind. I couldn't handle it. A final flash came and I was in a new place. But I couldn't remember it. The light was blinding. I squinted hard to see. I didn't know where I was, it seemed like... A hospital?!

Author's Note:

I hope that this chapter was better than the last two. I know that I had a lot of people saying that my OC is boring, so I just hope that this chapter was more interesting. I hope that you all like my characters name. If you haven't guessed already then she was named because she was an alicorn. Please let me know what you think. Was this better than the last chapters? I hope that you liked it. :duck: