• Published 18th Nov 2011
  • 3,048 Views, 113 Comments

Haylo: Crimson - Zarius9998



How many kills does it take to sate a governmentally sanctioned sadist? A whole Army.

  • ...
9
 113
 3,048

Quick! We need reinforcements on the Fourth Wall!

"AHHHHH, IT IS GOOOOD TO BE BAAACK AND READY TO MAKE SOME M-why is my voice...higher?"

As the flash faded, a new, feminine and somewhat ostentatious voice, which clearly was not Diana's, reached their ears, and when they could finally see again, their jaws hit the floor.

"Go on, DiscordIA, stretch your hooves...and paws...and horns." Diana snickered, sitting upright on the bed and waving a hoof at the new..."pony" in the room.

"Did...did you say...oh-ho-ho, you little sneak, you." the new guest looked to Diana with narrowed eyes, but a playful grin was present none-the-less, "You knew from the beginning, didn't you?"

Both Pip and Cross were still trying to comprehend what they saw before them while Diana and Discordia chatted. From what appeared to have happened, little "Sluggy" had suddenly transformed into the very spirit of chaos and anarchy himse-er...herself, Discord...um, now, Discordia. Aside from the voice, his-I MEAN HER-body structure was slightly smaller and more curvaceous. Still, the mismatched eyes and body parts remained, and the same condescending speech was ever present.

"Why don't you just flip back to being a guy?" Diana asked wryly, sticking her half-concealed face into that of the draconequus, both of their respective pairs of eyes flashing in equally mischievous manners.

"OKAY, OKAY! WHAT THE BUCK IS GOING ON HERE!?" Cross finally blurted out, her face contorted into an angry and confused sneer, "How the HELL did you get HERE!?"

Both Diana and Discordia turned and gave Cross a questing stare, scaring her slightly and making her jump behind Pip for protection.

"How's 'bout you explain it, hmm?" Diana asked, leaning back and laying on her bed with her fore hooves behind her head.

"Alrighty...I assume you know of my...defeat, back on Equis by the Elements of Harmony, no?" she paused only long enough to watch her two audience members nod, "Well, immediately upon the death of the first Element Bearers, the cage spell cracked, and I quickly whittled as far through as I could before the land was decimated by those giant lasers." she sighed, shaking her head in disappointment, "Unfortunately, I was only able to slip out a small portion of my entire essence...which was quickly contained by those brutish monkeys and stored away in that infernal factory."

"Wait, so...ya attacked Ar'emis and Reyna i' there?" Pip asked, stepping closer to the feminine mish-mash of creatures before him with a curious stare.

"Well, ah, no...I was the power source behind the whole place, you see, but when they shut it down I...slipped into that monstrous creature and could do nothing but wait inside it. That is, until that Artemis blasted the beasty to pieces. It was pretty spectacular, really, how she managed to pick me out of the rest of the monster's corpse!"

"Sh-she what!? She KNEW from the beginning!?" Cross shouted in confusion, "HOW!?

"Being the master, or, mistress, of all that is illogical and insane, I have a knack for attracting such." Discordia winked, then slithered backwards through the air, tumbling and making a somewhat painful looking loop shape over Diana and pointing to her, "How do you think she figured-out who I truly was, hmmm?"

Cross and Pip both nodded, recognizing the valid, yet still somewhat whimsical statement.

"Only recently did I store-up enough energy to rematerialize into a legible form...I would have done it sooner but," Discordia disappeared in a pop of white light, reappearing as part of Diana's bed, seemingly woven into the cloth, "I was enjoying being a little spy. But Lulu's looking for my services and I just couldn't pass-up an opportunity to cheer-up my favorite Alicorn!"

Diana, who had been peacefully resting on her bed, suddenly found herself face planting the floor as her bedsheet zipped out from under her and twirled back into the life-sized Discordia.

"Jerk..." the black-clothed mare remarked venomously, glaring at the grinning illusionist as she floated in the center of the room.

"Takes one to know one."

-------------

Vinyl Scratch absentminded flipped through her tracks, her normally "ready and roarin'" attitude towards upcoming parties totally dead. Truthfully, she's been bored out of her mind as of late, with very few Covey forces taking action, and even less insurrectionists making problems, really nothing had needed attention. While Artemis was around, at least there'd always be something interesting happening somewhere or another. She hadn't even come up with a new set to perform for the party that was only hours away, even though she had promised many to reveal one of her best mixes yet.

Her best music came when she was in her best and most pumped moods, but there had been nothing to place her in those moods since Christmas.

"Aero was right, we really do need something Chaotic to happen..." she sighed, hanging her head low and lifting old mixes out of her cases with magic, her horn ignited a slick blue, "I don't even feel like doing any real mixing tonight...I'm just ganna let the autoplay do it's job and sit at the bar..."

With another sigh, Miss Scratch levitated all of her tracks back into their cases and started to sulk away. On her way back to her own quarters, her attention was grabbed by the sound of some kind of scuffle and, being the adventurously curious type, decided to investigate. Though, as she was approaching the door from which the noises were emanating from, she was quickly forced to duck as it broke off it's hinges and it, along with another pony, flew over her head, skimming her electric-blue mane.

"Pip!"

When the DJ Pon3 looked back up, she saw a horrified-looking mare with a blue coat and an injection needle for a cutie mark staring at the mess which had just flown past her. Behind her was one of the newbies to the base, Diana, who had a clearly mischievous look in her eyes as she slowly shoved by the first mare.

"You heard the Spirit. She needs a bit of fighting and disorder to gather a bit more strength." Diana spoke darkly, but with clear excitement behind her voice, "¡Lo es la hora de fiesta!"

Vinyl ducked again as the apparently Spanish-fluent pony dove over her, the sound of hoof on ground hitting her ears before she could look back up.

"What the buck is going on!?" the DJ shouted, zipping upright and staring at the combating Spartans while Cross sat beside her, shifting nervously.

"How about I explain that once the entertainment is done."

Vinyl furrowed her brow in confusion, not noticing that somepony else was there as well, then turned to find Discordia resting on a reclining chair (which was not there a moment ago), paw in an empty bowl and grabbing at air only to have bundles of buttery popcorn appear as she went to throw the piles of nothing into her maw.

Vinyl's jaw was on floor.

-------------

"C'mon! Do you REALLY need to know that!?"

The Holographic reconstruction of Artemis huffed angrily at her human creator, her fake chest heaving as she blew artificial breaths out, swishing the strands of computer-generated mane which hung over her eyes. Her blood composed of seemingly random ones and zeroes boiled to the extreme

"Why can't you just press the damn button already! I hate this dismal existence as an AI. While I am self aware, for the most part, I really have an enormous amount of bad experiences with AI..." the hologram shivered, recalling memories of the Real Artemis about a certain blue "ghost" which insisted he wasn't an AI.

"Just finish your story. Is that too much to ask?" Halsey questioned with smug concern.

"It was too much to ask just creating me, you dirty little tramp."

Halsey couldn't help but smirk. She always noticed that Artemis, both the real and artificial ones, contained many qualities of the mostly late Noble Team...always brash, and always ready to throw down when called upon. Perhaps she was being a bit harsh to the poor construct...but, Halsey had to be sure.

"I promise, this is the last thing I need." she confessed.

The red hologram thought for a moment, seemingly not satisfied. Then she put on a smug grin and crossed her fore hooves, "Pinkie Promise?"

Halsey, a bit caught off guard, didn't know how to respond to this...until she recalled something Luna had once done out of habit (at least, that's what the Alicorn's excuse was). Halsey put her own grin on, then responded.

"Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a...cupcake in my eye." she answered, winking and placing a hand over her right eye.

The hologram blinked in shock, eyes wide, "Well...damn..." she sighed, then sat down on the air underneath her hooves, ready to finish, "I passed-out during the fall back to the ground, you see, and woke-up soon after to find Pip's helmet still in my hoof, while the energy sword had disappeared..."