• Published 18th Nov 2011
  • 3,052 Views, 113 Comments

Haylo: Crimson - Zarius9998



How many kills does it take to sate a governmentally sanctioned sadist? A whole Army.

  • ...
9
 113
 3,052

I'mma firin' mah LAZOR!!!

...Y...esss...I will not deny the fact that I spend more time with Artemis than is necessary for the scheduled check-ups on her team. And...and what about my what, with her!? N-no-!...a-a lie detector?...Hehe, s-sure! But this is an invasion of my privacy, Miss Halsey!...I have nothing to hide...a-at all...okay, so...what's your first question?...WHAT!? N-no! I did NOT provide Artemis with lewd images of my own body!...what's that beeping mean...?...Oh...okay...well...this is embarrassing...yes, fine...I will provide nothing but the truth from here on...can you please detach this machine from me, please?...thank you. Alright, so...What is it you want to know this time?...what was I doing after the discovery of the bio-soldiers? Oh that's all!...well...

------------

"Oh...Tia...please, if you're still out there somewhere...give me a sign, a symbol that they'll return okay..."

There I stood, waiting on my new, precious moon as I watched the Earthly sun shine off in the distance...without my sister...since our arrival and inclusion in the Earthly culture, I was allowed to at least stake land-mark ownership over ALL of the Moons on planet Jupiter. Don't know HOW I grabbed that deal, but I wasn't going to complain...I figured maybe I'd start a small network of cities or something up there. It'd be nice and quaint.

"I just don't know what I'd do if I lost them too..." I muttered sadly, "If I lost Artemis..." I sniffed, wiping away a small tear, "I'd be left with nothing but corrupted memories and fading friends."

This "job" as a War Commander was...tiring...I feel as though I've had to deal with all those years Celestia had to deal with as Solitary Princess, all in a tiny fraction of the time! Was I just weak, or was I just...losing it? I wasn't made to command war...Nightmare Moon might have been, but that's not me, not anymore. At least...I hope so...I had to use some of Her power to get out of that mess I set-up back on Earth, and...since then...I've just wanted to KEEP USING IT. I've been getting tired of just watching while everypony fought and died...for our lost home...for me...I just feel like I'm doing nothing to help them...and it's been making me depressed. Depressed that I couldn't save my sister, couldn't save Twilight's friends, couldn't save everypony that died on Equis, couldn't save everypony that's died since then...but I think Artemis knew how to deal with all of that loss.

The first time we talked, formally, that is, I asked her what made her decide to take part in the Spartan program. She quickly answered with,

"'Cuz nothing is more fun than killing some sons of bitches!"

I was quite taken aback at this statement...but over time...she eventually opened-up. Albeit, it took years of prodding, her sever mental breakdown when an idiot recruit training with the sticky grenade launchers nearly stuck her, and the Thanksgiving Day Celebration, but she finally told me why she does all of this, for real. I'm sorry, Miss Halsey, but that information is something I'm not allowed to share...there is nothing you can do to make me give-up that information, under ANY circumstances...Yes, I am sure...but...I will say this, though: She knew how to level with me, how to make me feel...better.

I didn't know if it was just her convoluted mind somehow being able to think of ways to console me, or if she just knew what to say and do...or...if she just wanted to get into bed with me...I honestly wasn't sure, and still am not sure. Perhaps it was a mix of all three which drove her, hehe. That's part of the reason why Artemis is so amazing, you just never knew what to expect from her, but you knew that, whatever she did, it was great. Yes, this unpredictability was not really a very good quality to a soldier, but she made it work.

If I remember correctly, Miss Halsey, the last thing Artemis said to me before heading off on that mission, was this:

"It's never a good thing to bottle-up your emotions. I'm living proof of that. So next time somepony plucks your nerves...don't be afraid to 'accidentally' let ol' Nightmare slip out for a moment or two."

-------------

...As I thought back on those words...I started to realize that maybe she wasn't expecting to come back...as of she knew something would go astray...I'm sorry...I really don't want to talk about this anymore...if you'll excuse me, Ma'm, I should go now...I don't want to look like this mess when the party finally starts...thank you.

------------

Why...why was Princess Luna crying when she just left...? Is she okay?...oh...okay...I see...I hope Luna can pull herself back together soon. It would be a shame if she missed the party...yes Ma'm? Oh, sure. I can continue now, if you want. Where did I leave off, again? Oh yeah! Artemis and Ghost were on their way to turn the power on...

-------------

"Alright, I think we found the master switch..." Artemis finally announced after about an hour of radio silence.

"Good. Activate when ready." Widow commanded, "Just...really be ready."

"Pfft, I'm always ready!" Artemis joked...I think.

Widow looked to me, probably with a concerned stare behind her visor, and I shrugged. A few moments later, a loud bang, followed by the sounds of a multitude of electric spikes, grinding gears, and amping energy filled the entire facility, while the horde of bio-soliders finally ended their barrage on the door, probably scurrying out of the lights which had filled the halls and the rooms.

"Finally!" Widow sighed in relief, switching her helmet light off while I did the same, "God, I love my eyes."

"Alright! VISION!" Ghost cheered over the radio, "Now that we can see...I can see that we're all screwed! Fuck, run!"

I looked sharply to Widow, who slammed a hand to her radio switch, shouting for Ghost and Artemis' names, "The entire horde of those crazy things knew we were here! They flooded to the door and quickly broke it down, and now Artemis and I are running like MAD!" he exclaimed, while gunfire rang-out in the background, "Stop wasting time and just focus on running!" Ghost shouted.

"Buck me, that is A LOT of tangos!" Artemis shouted worriedly.

"Guys! Head...uhh...I don't know!" Widow searched through the virtual schematics of the building, trying to find a good spot for them to hole-up in, "Uhmm...got it!" Widow grabbed her equipment and ran to the door, opening it without hesitation while I swiftly followed her, "Head to the Construction Room! We'll meet you there!"

"What good will the Construction Room do us!?" Ghost asked, his voice filled with panic.

"I recognize a symbol indicating a piece of Covey equipment which will REALLY help us out." she explained, "Just go! You'll see what I mean when you get there!"

Widow cut communications to focus on running after that. I galloped quickly beside her, hoping like mad that Ghost and Artemis would make there all right. But I was also curious as to what Widow was expecting to find in that room...she said she recognized a symbol indicating something on the map, but what would that mean?

"Rookie, listen. As soon as we get into that room, wait at this door," a marker appeared on my minimap at the door Artemis and Ghost would be entering through, "for Artemis and Ghost. Signal to me AS SOON as they make it through the door, got it?"

I nodded, but I still didn't know what she had planned...

"Just trust me on this one, there's going to be something big in that room which we can use to our advantage." she assured.

So we ran, hard and fast. Soon enough, I reached the door indicated as the Construction Room west entrance and I immediately slammed the consol to open it. The instant it was wide enough to fit through, we charged in to probably the BIGGEST room I had ever seen...and to top it off, there was a half-constructed Scarab right smack in the center.

"Oh yeah, time to raise hell again!" Widow laughed, racing to the monstrous War Machine, "Go! Watch the door! Keep it open for them to run through!"

I quickly acknowledged her command and ran to the opposite door, the East door. It was a hell of a run, though. I mean, this room had to fit SCARABS in it. As I ran by, I noticed unfinished sets of Wraiths, Ghosts, Revenants, Banshees, and many, many other vehicles. Plus, there were even a few finished constructions which I did, and did not, recognize.

"Rookie! Hurry it up!" Widow shouted over radio, "I'm already almost in the control room of this thing!"

I looked over my shoulder for a moment to see Widow pulling herself onto the Scarab's back, apparently having scaled the entire thing from the unfinished, skeletal leg, up. Of course...Scarabs are her favorite vehicle, having hijacked a multitude of them before I joined the team. When I finally reached the door, out of breath, I slammed the console, again, and peered out into the hallway to find three...THINGS, turning to look at me with what I had to assume was confusion. These creatures definitely had the vibe of a bio-soldier, much like the Drones which we were all used to: Somewhat of an insect like exoskeleton, one even had wings, but each also had a muzzle and feathers which resembled the Skirmishers. On top of this, each wore gas tanks, like the Grunts, except they were all rigged with plasma mines.

"Buck."

I quickly whipped my LWC up, flipping it's setting to a three-burst, and tapped the trigger multiple times. The closest V2, as we have come to call them, was ripped apart, it's right arm disintegrating with a shriek as it's left arm fired the Needler it held randomly. The second, wielding a Plasma Pistol, attempted to pounce on me, but I sidestepped and whacked the back of it's head-I think-and caused it to smack face-first into the ground. Before it could recover, I sent one burst of bullets into the back of it's skull. Immediately after, though, the last, the one with wings, tackled me off my hooves. I rolled, though, and quickly aimed back up at it, opening fire. To my dismay, the winged V2, which was purple instead green, unlike the other two, deflected each burst with the same type of wrist shields Skirmishers would use.

I was just flipping the setting to full-auto when it charged at me again. It slammed one of the shields into my rifle, knocking it out of my hands before zipping behind me with the help of it's wings to dodge a jab I sent it's way. Before I could entirely turn around, it tackled me again, pinning me to the ground beside the second V2 I killed...and that's when the first one exploded in a mix of plasma and methane. As I held the V2 commander's jaws at bay, I looked over to see the mines on the dead V2's tank flashing red. Thinking quickly, I put all I had into flipping the V2 over so that it blocked the impending explosion. I did this just in a nick of time, as the mines exploded and I was sent skidding and rolling a couple of meters back, the V2 commander vaporizing in front of me.

After laying there for a couple of moments, I clambered back to my hooves, shaking myself off as Widow contacted me over the radio, "Well buck, kid...nice job handling yourself out there. Looks like you've been learning a thing or two from Artemis!"

At that, I sniffed the air and smelled something burning. Upon turning around and looking over my shoulder, I saw a small portion of my tail was on fire. I quickly patted it out with my hoof then went back to the door, scooping my LWC into my grasp on the way there.

"Artemis, Ghost! Your situation? How close?" Widow asked over an open broadcast.

"Only a couple a' meters left!" Artemis shouted, "But those shits are right on our flanks!"

"Don't worry. I've got this covered." Widow assured, "Just get in here!"

I waited and watched for a couple more seconds when Artemis and Ghost suddenly burst around the corner of the hallway. Artemis attempted to make the turn too sharply, though, and ended-up skidding into the wall before continuing on her way, though she stumbled and started to fall behind.

"We see you!" Artemis shouted.

"Good! Hurry up or you're screwed!" Widow ordered.

I looked over my shoulder at the sound of something big charging-up to find that the front, mouth canon of the Scarab was charging and being aimed directly at the doorway...she was going to DEMOLISH US!

"What? What are you talking about!?" Artemis asked frantically.

"Just run...FASTER!" Widow answered, "You have about five seconds left!"

Ghost sprinted by me as the swarm of V2s began flooding around the corner, nipping at Artemis' tail. They scuttled across the walls, floor, and ceiling...I couldn't see any sign of any surface under all of them!

"Five seconds!?" Artemis could see the glow of the charge ahead, and putting two and two together...she answered with, "OH YOU MOTHER BUCKING BITCH!"

I pushed Ghost away and leaned around the corner of the doorway, reaching a hoof out to Artemis to pull her in.

"Two!"

"BuckmylifebuckmylifebuckmylifebuckmyLIFE!"

"ONE!"

At this point...I thought we were both as good as ash, but, well, as you can see, I'm still alive, so...

"FIRING!!!"

Artemis' hoof grasped mine and, using the momentum, I swung her around as the massive plasma energy surged into the hallway. The noise and heat was so intense, I could just feel my body burning and it wasn't even touching me. I don't really remember exactly how it happened, or how close the two of us were to being reduced to nothing, but when I opened my eyes, Artemis was laid out on top of me and the entrance to the hallway had melted into molten-like goo which was already hardening. My lungs were heaving, and my arm really hurt from being jerked so hard when I pulled Artemis, plus my ears rang slightly and my eyes burned a little, but...the two of us were alive.

I was pretty sure Artemis was in a similar state, if not more tired from all the running she did to make it here, and the fact that I could hear her own heavy breathing reinforced my thought.

"Well shit..." Artemis muttered, ripping her helmet off suddenly as she leaned-up off of me, though she was still on top of my torso, "Thought I was screwed..." she muttered, her chest heaving.

She set her helmet down beside her and removed mine, looking it over before tossing it aside and, then, without warning, leaned down and planted her lips to mine. She then proceeded to delve deeper into this my forcing her tongue into MY mouth, moaning in the slightest bit...After about fifteen seconds of a total brain shut-down, I hit reality again, noticing that my right leg was twitching and my eyes were probably as wide as plates, when she leaned back, a bit of saliva hanging from her exposed tongue...connected my lip.

"As far as you're concerned, kid, we are now even." she stated with a wink before getting entirely off of me, refitting her helmet back on.

Of course...I was still too shocked to get up. I mean, if anypony like Artemis suddenly just invaded your mouth like that, you would feel more violated than being in a tentacle hentai...excuse the obscene comparison, but...ugh...I get shivers thinking about it...

"Yo...Squirt...you okay?"

At the sound of Ghost's voice, I came back into my senses and took his outstretched hand so I could get up. He handed me my helmet before nudging my shoulder, grinning and winking while pointing at Artemis, who was brushing herself off.

I shot him a quick, yet deadly glare, as if to say, "SHUT. UP." then put my helmet back on.

"Well...as much as I'd like to say that was great plan...I kinda feel bad about nearly ending both of you." Widow said sheepishly, walking up to the three of us while rubbing the back of her neck in embarrassment.

"Don't worry about it..." Artemis responded, waving a hoof while I nodded in agreement, "I'll just get back at you later."

"R...right...well..." Widow looked around hastily, "We should take scans of everything in here, then finish setting all the charges so we can just get the fuck out of this hell-hole."

"Agreed." Ghost quickly said, "Because I'd rather not encounter what else they have stored in this place."

"I, admittedly, second that." Artemis added, "As much fun as it would be to battle the other crazy shit in here, I just wanna go home...I don't want to do this shit anymore. Not right now, anyway."

We all looked to Artemis in shock...if she thought it was bad, then we knew...IT WAS BAD.

"Alright, then...but we still have to place the rest of the charges." Widow reminded, "I've marked waypoints on every remaining spot which needs them. Now the question is...do we split up again?"