• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 1,612 Views, 68 Comments

The Blue Thunder Strikes - Handsome



They say lightning never strikes the same spot twice. A man dressed as Tatewaki Kuno will disprove that theory. He will strike Canterlot High as many times need be!

  • ...
22
 68
 1,612

The Fifth Strike

Sunset and I walked down the streets of Canterlot City in relative silence. Despite that this whole little affair was suppose to be a date, Sunset seemed to be keeping a fair distance from me. A good three feet to be exact.

“I wonder why she seems so determined to date me? I’d have thought she’d have wanted to keep a lot more distance between us than this.” I silently contemplated my newfound situation for the next few minutes. Then a horrible thought struck me with the force of Ryoga. “What if… What if she really did fall for me? Did she fall for those fake Kuno charms I threw haphazardly around? What if she’s the type to fall for those that don’t immediately bend to her will?!”

I swallowed some spit as I looked over at the girl in my left peripheral vision. “While that line of thought is disturbing, I have to say… poor girl. She doesn’t know this whole thing I’m doing is fake.” I bit my lip, “Geeze, that just makes this whole thing kinda hard for me. I don’t want to be responsible for utter heartbreak like this, even if the girl is a bully.”

We walked in silence for a while longer, at this point I couldn’t take much more of the silence. I cleared my throat into a fist, looked over at her and said, “So, my fairest, fieryest Tiger Lily, where perchance are we going for our date?”

Her eye twitched, but she sighed and said, “There is a carnival not too far from here. We can do stuff over there.” She was silent for a moment before adding something, as if almost in afterthought, “And as the guy you need to pay for it.” She also muttered something under her breath that sounded suspiciously like “I don’t have the money for frivolous things like this right now anyway.”

I hummed in response, before suddenly announcing to the world, “Then I shall strive to make sure you, Sunset Shimmer, have the grandest time!”

I seemed like I paid no attention to the passerbys that looked at me oddly, or even the ones that snickered silently behind a hand. I mentally smirked as Sunset’s face was burnt crimson now, my boasting and yelling was probably embarrassing her. Not to mention the fact that I also shouted her name with it.

“Stop with the random shouting and declarations! It’s embarrassing to look at you when you do it. Let alone be in your close proximity!” She whisper shouted at me as she grabbed my collar, pulling me down to her eye level. I had to admit she was stronger than her skinny frame made her out to be.

She released me and I bowed slightly to her, “My deepest apologies my fair, fiery rose, I did not mean any embarrassment on your part. I only wished to show the truest depths of my love for you.”

Not surprisingly enough this only made her face redder as a lot of other pedestrians, mostly women and one purple dude with a really orange and twisty moustache, ‘awwed’ when they heard my statement. Sunset released her grip on my collar and stormed down the road, nearly stomping holes in the pavement. I could’ve sworn I saw steam rise from her head, it was probably just a trick of the light.

I stood on the sidewalk for a moment before shrugging and jogging forward. I quickly caught up to her and we resumed our silent walk, but this one seemed just a bit different than the last. I couldn’t put a finger on it though. I looked over at Sunset in the corner of my eye, she seemed to be walking a tad closer now, by at least an inch or two.


The two of us arrived at the entrance of the carnival thing that was going on. Naturally Sunset was true to her word and had me pay for the tickets. I was silently miffed on that but I hid it well enough, plus it wasn't like I had a shortage of money or anything. I grudgingly paid anyway and we made our way inside.

To be honest I was expecting my time here with Sunset to be mildly unpleasant. But she seemed to be determined to make this whole thing work out alright, she didn’t seem to be acting like some sort of she-demon bully, and I could happily say that I actually had fun, which was weird since I never liked carnivals. Even more odd since she still managed to keep a good distance between us and made it work despite that this whole thing was suppose to be a date.

During our wandering of the carnival, during which we played many generic carnival games and ate plenty of unhealthy food, we eventually came to stop in front of a booth. It was one of those booths where you had to throw a ball at some sort of stacked bottles, I was mildly surprised we hadn’t found it sooner since we came to that hoop-bottle thing not too long ago. This game was probably rigged, I never trusted games like these, but I figured my enhanced strength could more than make up for it. The top prize looked to be a large, stuffed pony thing.

“What the hell is up with all of the pony themes in this town?” I asked myself.

Deciding to not bother myself with a question like that any further I turned to Sunset and said, “My fair Tiger Lily, please wait whilst I procure a gift for thee.” I did a gentleman's bow, a stuffed monkey I obtained not long ago that had those velcro hands nearly falling off my head that I attached it to. I watched Sunset cross her arms and huff a bit, turning her head to the side. I mentally rolled my eyes, turned on my heels and headed straight to the booth.

“One please.” I said to the man behind the counter.

“Certainly sir!” The man cheerfully said as he took my offered money and handed me a ball.

I threw the ball in the air and caught it as I tried to judge how much power I'd need to throw this with. I was still getting used to my newfound strength and figured this would be some good training to help that along. I caught the ball one last time and reared my arm back, I threw it in a typical fast ball throw that I had just simply copied from watching a lot of baseball on the television.

The ball flew from my hand and struck the stack of bottles before immediately flying straight through them. The two bottommost bottles had their base still stuck to the shelf as the rest blew away in chunks. It seemed I needed more training in controlling my strength, that was way too hard of a throw. But it seemed I was right in my guess that this game was rigged. The man behind the counter gulped at the accidental display of strength and shakily said, “H-Heh, sorry buddy. The entirety of the bottles have to be off the shelf for it to count.”

That was complete bullshit. And it seemed Sunset agreed.

“Yeah right! How can they be knocked off when they were obviously stuck there on purpose! This is a scam and we should report you!” She yelled as the man began to sweat.

The man raised his hands and hurriedly said, “N-Now wait just a second! I’m just trying to make some money here you see! Do you know how hard it is to make money off a game like this when you could be giving out prizes left and right?! Impossible!”

Sunset growled, I was beginning to think this whole thing might’ve been a pet peeve of hers. Perhaps she doesn’t like that games can be a scam? It’s also weird that she’s the one getting angry at this but I was the one that paid for and actually played the game. But as I watched the two argue I had to admit it was genuinely amusing to see the smaller girl talk down the tall, lanky man who had to be a good half foot taller than her.

I watched as the man grabbed the biggest, most colorful stuffed animal and hurriedly hand it over to Sunset in fright. When she turned back around and marched back over to me I saw that the animal was a pony, I wasn’t surprised. Deciding that we should take a break I asked Sunset a question as she neared, “Want some funnel cake?”

She was silent for a second before replying with a nod, “Yeah. Funnel cake sounds good.”

A quick walk to a small booth in an area that seemed to be reserved for food and the like got us two small plates of funnel cake. We set all of our new stuff on the picnic table and set to work on eating our fried treat. We spent a minute in silence, after a minute I stabbed a piece of my cake and said, “Fairest Shimmer, I must admit I am having quite the grand time. I’ve never been fond of these types of festivities myself, so it must be because I have accompanied you here.”

Sunset’s face grew a touch red, and she muttered something off to the side though I was not able to catch what it was. She glared at me, a glare that was easily put off by the embarrassed blush on her face. She pointing her plastic spork at me and said, “Flattery will not get you anywhere with me mister.”

“Judging by your face, I’d beg to differ.” I thought to myself.

I straightened up with resolute confidence and said, “Of course! I do not expect your burning passion to be so easily quelled! You need not worry, I shall put forth all of my effort to woo thee!” I raised a passionate fist in the air and brought it down in a single, powerful fist pump.

She groaned lightly and her head dropped a bit in exasperation. She faced the table’s surface now, the hand still holding her spork hung in the air. I believe I heard something along the lines of “I should’ve known he’d say something like that.” be muttered after her head dropped. I couldn’t help a smile grow on my face, I was having a lot of fun right now.

Maybe all of these new things happening to me wasn’t going to be all that bad?

Sunset lifted her head back up and glared harder at me, her blush gone now. “I’m done with this carnival now. Let’s go, I want to be home before it gets too dark.” She threw away her plate and grabbed some of the stuff we gathered throughout our stay here. I did the same and we began our walk out of the carnival.

I looked over at a bush when I thought I saw something move. I stopped in my tracks and stared at the bush, slightly narrowing my eyes. I took a step forward until I heard Sunset yell back at me, “Well?! What are you waiting for?! Come on, I haven’t got all evening!”

Begrudgingly I looked away from the bush and jogged back over to Sunset, the colorful monkey on my head bouncing in tune with my jog. “My apologies fairest Sunset. I was distracted by something.”

She rolled her eyes, shrugged, and said, “Whatever.” Sunset continued forward and I kept pace, only momentarily looking back at the bush. When nothing seemed to move the longer I stared I simply shrugged and looked forward again.

“Must’ve been my imagination.” I thought to myself as I walked next to Sunset Shimmer.

I looked over at her and said, “It seems our date is almost over. A shame, but some things must come to an end no matter how much we might beg them not to. I suppose the only thing left is taking you back home.”

Sunset’s eyebrow twitched before she elbowed me in the ribs. It didn’t hurt as much as I thought, but it certainly caught me off guard. She glared at me and said, “Nuh-uh. I’m not letting you know where I live just yet. I’m taking you home.”

I scratched my cheek, “I see. Odd role reversal but I see no harm in it if you so deeply wish it. To make up for not bringing you home I shall be even more on guard during this trip!” I made karate chop hands and looked around completely serious like.

What I didn’t expect was a laugh, a laugh that was surprisingly angelic. I looked over at Sunset and saw that she covered her mouth in surprise. Her face grew red and she immediately stormed back down the sidewalk in the direction of my new home. I blinked a bit before shaking off the surprise and jogging down the sidewalk to catch up with her.

“Didn’t think she was even capable of laughing. Just glares and caught-off-guard blushes.” I muttered to myself as I eyed Sunset with a bit of renewed interest.

Author's Note:

Finally, after a long break of laziness, I wrote the next chapter of this story.

Comments ( 21 )

Good chapter look's like he's starting to break through Sunsets frozen heart.

The funny thing is when Sunset really DOES totally fall for Kuno and he for her! or Rather it will be :twilightsmile:

6745818 On a side note, I am SO tempted to refer to you as "Handsome Jack"

You have absolutely no idea how happy I was to see this chapter. I even did a jig. Was not dissapoint. :pinkiecrazy:

6746215 Well we do have a lot in common. We are both exceedingly handsome.

6746260 Lol, glad you were so excited about it.

Awesome Chapter, hope to see more of you!

Yeash! This is a good chapter. I want action!!!

Of all the Ranma characters you pick the Blue Blunder........You either very bold or have a lot of free time on your hands either way freaking genius.


I really would like to see as continuing this histroria .

very few can make a simple story of life and be so good at it.

I like it

6746332 will the next chapter be out soon its been at least half a year. This is to good to stop now

7511751 I suppose I can work on it some more, I have a bit more free time now.

I always liked Kuno myself, people don't give enough credit though. Yes he's an idiot and and a pervert but he had his moments of honor and chivalry. Not only that but back at the start of series Kuno was actually strong enough to go toe to toe with Ranma and hurt him. He has cut through stone and steel with a Wood blade. In my opinion he's one of best and I look forward to more of this story.

This is just sad such a great story and it's as dead as the love life of a kuno

Sadly I am going to assume this story is dead as a doornail

Just stoppin in to re-read and say hi. So, hi. :moustache:

This is such a great story.

wish someone had adopted it.

I miss this story, so I'm going to reread its chapters and pretend it's still 2015

Login or register to comment