• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 1,612 Views, 68 Comments

The Blue Thunder Strikes - Handsome



They say lightning never strikes the same spot twice. A man dressed as Tatewaki Kuno will disprove that theory. He will strike Canterlot High as many times need be!

  • ...
22
 68
 1,612

The First Strike

Author's Note:

This is a thing now.

Enjoy!

-Hotel Room-

“Ah man!” I said to myself as I strolled through the hotel door. “I’m beat, comic-con was rather intense this time around. Seems all that talk of people disappearing has made it even more crowded than one would expect.”

I walked to my bed and placed a long box and my bag on its surface. Free of my purchased burdens I rose my arms into the air and stretched for all my worth, the sleeves of my white uwagi falling down my arms a bit.

After stretching I finished off with a roll of my shoulders and started unpacking the box I brought with me. I smiled when I saw what was inside of it, a simple kendo bokken. I managed to get it practically dirt cheap from some guy at a stall, he didn’t even seem to care. I picked the wooden sword up and examined it closely, it really went well with the cosplay I went as to the con. Tatewaki Kuno is suppose to be a master at kendo after all.

I raised the bokken to the light of the ceiling, I probably looked like I was trying to copy Thor. As I looked at the bokken a while longer lightning flashed outside. When I looked at the window to try and see if the weather was turning bad the world started spinning.

I stumbled a bit to try and get my balance back but it was a futile effort.

“Wha-What’s happening?” As I fell over unconscious I barely gave recognition to the fact my voice changed. Once blackness hit, I knew no more.

-Sidewalk of a Bridge-

“Aahhh~!” Sighed a rather happy man as he walked down a deserted bridge. He was clutching a rather large leather briefcase, a dreamy smile on his face.

“I can’t believe I won two million dollars cash in the lottery.” The man gave another dreamy sigh, “Brian, this could be your turning point in this bad luck spell of yours!”

Suddenly the front of his shoe caught a raised section of the bridge’s concrete, tripping him. He was caught off guard so he accidentally flung his briefcase in the air.

“No!” He desperately shouted, trying to catch his now airborne briefcase. Unfortunately he couldn’t catch himself from his fall, the briefcase went flying over the railing and Brian smacked his head on a signpost.

He was out cold and out two million dollars.

-Unknown Area-

I woke up with a groan.

My eyes slowly cracked open, only to be instantly shut when a blinding light shined into them. I immediately knew it was the sun, the light felt too warm for indoor lighting and a breeze rolled past me as I lay down in the grass. With another groan I did a sit up and brought a hand to my forehead, in an attempt to stifle the small headache coming.

After a few seconds I felt the headache slowly ebb away into nothingness.

I gave a brief sigh in relief once that was gone and picked myself up from the ground, I dusted myself off and finally looked around to get a feel for my surroundings. To my right I saw a small riverish looking thing that also could’ve been a bayou. There were concrete stairs to my left that ran up a steep hill and a bridge behind me. I also took note of my bag and bokken that were on the ground, I picked up my backpack and put it on.

Somehow I managed to go from my hotel room to this rather remote area. I scratched my head in confusion.

“Where the hell am I?” After I finished that sentence I knew something was off. Alarm bells rung and I rushed to the nearby water source for confirmation. I gazed at my reflection and stood flabbergasted at what I saw.

Somehow, in someway, I managed to turn into Tatewaki Kuno. I backed up from the water, not sure if I really am seeing this or if it's some sort of incredibly elaborate prank. I shook my head.

“This can’t be-” I cut myself off when I tried to step backwards in surprise, I tripped over a small rock and landed on my butt. Groaning lightly in pain I looked to my right and noticed I was next to my newly bought bokken. Deciding that I should at least keep some sort of weapon on me I grabbed it. The second my hand touched the wood the area where my hand met it glowed and information rushed into my head.

Techniques, skills, everything that the original Kuno knew, I now knew as well. I gripped my head, a new headache was forming and I felt like I was getting sick. Thankfully I did not puke, and the new headache eventually settled down to a manageable and dull pain. I took a deep breath and released it slowly.

I heard some sort of shout from the bridge. I looked up and my face was immediately assaulted by a briefcase. I fell to the ground, the briefcase firmly sitting on my face, somehow not dislodging from the impact.

“Grr.” I sat up quickly, the briefcase comically sliding off my face as what I assume to be a very annoyed face showed itself from hiding, I could practically feel the tick mark on my forehead. “What’s the big idea?! Who dares challenge the Shooting Star of Kendo, Tatewaki Kuno?!” I shouted to the heavens, a fist shaking at the sky.

It was then that I realized what I said and blanched, “Gah! Why did I say that? ...Maybe this whole situation is messing with me in more ways than one.”

I shook my head and rubbed the sore spot where the briefcase landed. I looked down at the offending object and, after setting my bokken under my belt, decided to see what was inside it. I crouched down and unlatched it, as I opened it it seemed to shine with light as the contents were revealed.

My eyes practically shot out of their sockets, “Whaaaat?! There’s got to be at least one to two million dollars in here!” My jaw dropped at this unexpected turn of events.

I rubbed my eyes, maybe I was seeing things. But when my hands moved again the money was still there and still practically shining. I probably looked like a fish right now and I snapped myself out of it.

I slammed the briefcase shut and hugged it against my chest. I looked around to make sure no one saw any of this. When I made sure no one was around I sprinted off with the money in tow.

“Ah hahahaha!” I laughed boisterously, “I’m rich! I’m rich!” I’m well aware that I am not a good person, the thought of returning all this money never even crossed my mind and I swear I managed to kick up a dust cloud as I ran away.

At the moment I didn’t care about where I was or who I was. I was really bloody rich right now! I managed to get up the steps and continued to run down the sidewalk, I got about three blocks before I heard someone shout at me.

“Hold it kid!” I stopped in my tracks and turned around to see a police officer flagging me down.

I began to sweat bullets when I thought about a possibility, “Maybe he knows about the briefcase and wants me to return it to its rightful owner? And I just got it too!”

The policeman jogged up to me, a stern glare on his face.

“Oh no! He does know about the briefcase!”

I was about ready to bolt but the policeman spoke up before I could lift a leg, “What are you doing out of school young man?” The policeman continued with the glare and put his hands on his hips.

I was caught off guard to be honest. But at least this is a better alternative. I grinned awkwardly at the policeman and rubbed the back of my head sheepishly.

“Uh, a school project?” I said rather lamely.

He clearly did not buy it and simply rose an eyebrow in a “Really?” kind of look. I just laughed nervously, it sounded bad even to my ears. The policeman just sighed.

“Look kid you can’t just ditch school like this. Education is important after all. Now how about I bring you back to school and you can have a long talk with the principle. Luckily you didn’t get too far.” He waved for me to follow him and I went along with it.

We walked down the sidewalk in silence. Eventually the policeman broke the silence with a question.

“So… what’s with the getup?”

This was something that I knew. I was always a fan of kendo, so I told the policeman all about it. We continued this little talk until the school was in our sights. It was an interesting school all right. It clearly had a horse theme, if the statue, horse heads on top of the school building’s corners, and a giant horseshoe welcoming plaque didn’t say that then I was a monkey’s uncle.

I looked at the horseshoe plaque and saw “Welcome to Canterlot High” written on its pedestal.

“Canterlot… such an odd name.”

Shrugging I looked around the courtyard, there were various students eating or wandering around. It must’ve been lunch time. There was one thing that bothered me though, everyone was brightly colored. I didn’t notice with the policeman earlier because I was afraid he knew about the briefcase.

I saw a guy that was blue

I shook my head and kinda zoned out for the rest of the walk. Taking only small note of the brief stares the policeman and I were getting. We reached a door that had the word principal written on it and I zoned back in.

The policeman knocked and after a few seconds the door opened and revealed a tall, multi hued haired, white woman. Honestly, I thought she was kinda pretty.

“Hello ma’am, I caught this young man trying to skip out of school.” He placed a hand on my shoulder and smiled at the principal, “Try not to be too hard on him though, I think he realizes his mistake.”

The principal smiled at the man, “Thank you officer. I’ll take it from here.”

The policeman tipped his police hat and started off towards the exit. I watched him leave before turning back to the principal.

“So…” I started awkwardly.

The principal giggled, “Yes, I’m aware you aren’t actually a student here. I think I’d recognize someone that looks so… unique.” She said unique as she examined my state of dress.

I nervously laughed, “Yeah… well I guess I should be going then.” I was about to turn around and walk off but the principle stopped me.

“Now what’s the rush? You’ll just eventually get caught for suspected truancy anyway. How about you come inside my office and we can talk about enrolling you here. Oh, and my name is Celestia. But you can call me Principal Celestia, everyone else does.” The principal stepped to the side and waved her arms as if to invite me into her office.

Since I had no idea about where I was, I was in a completely different body with completely different skills, and two million dollars richer, I decided to give this a shot. I can work on getting myself home some other time and if I can’t do that then I should at least have an option two to fall back on.

I walked through the doorway and as I passed the principal I said, “Well, I hope you're ready for a very special case of enrolling. I don’t have any paperwork that would normally be used to enroll anywhere else.”

She giggled again, “Oh don’t worry about that, I’ve dealt with a similar case two years ago. A girl named Sunset Shimmer just appeared out of the blue on school grounds. Maybe this time things will freshen up around here!” The principal closed the door and my enrollment into Canterlot High began.