• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 3,331 Views, 21 Comments

Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine: Resurrected - kman123



This is my re-imagining of the cult-favorite "Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine" by Mesmasaurus that was discontinued a year ago. This fanfic has been inspired by the works of Soltratic, xXAngeLuciferXx, Mesmesaurus, and others; it has an anime-esqu

  • ...
12
 21
 3,331

Lesson 3B: Honesty and Kindess

The monster peered at them with one turquoise eye on the left and a golden eye on the right, staring at the flabbergasted group with its’ mouth wide open while its’ dripping fangs exposed.

“We got to find a way to get pass that thing!” Dusk ordered while taking point.

Oddly enough, Rarity pushed the lavender fae behind while taking a pose. “Can’t let Applejack be the only one to strut her stuff, now can I, my Dusky?” smiled the fashionista, as the manticore lunged. Stepping back, Rarity launched a crane kick right at the beast’s head, knocking him back a bit as it scatted against the ground; getting up, the creature cracked it’s neck and let out a bellowing roar that took Rarity aback, causing her hair to loose its’ volume and height, which made her scream, twirl, and faint on top of Dusk; you could almost see a joyous grin after she landed on top of the boy. Walking up to them, the beast raised its’ claws and was preparing to slash the two in half; unbeknownst to the creature, a large weight jumped on the manticore’s back, causing it to lose its’ balance and began hoping and moving without any control.

“Yeehaw! Giddyup der, ya little doggie!” out of nowhere, Applejack rode on top of the beast like a bull in a rodeo, taking off her Stetson and swung it around in the air as the manticore tried to buck her off repeatedly, bouncing away from Dusk and Rarity before it could do anything else to them. Soon or later, AJ was sent flying into the air and falling right into a bush and getting tangled up in the vines. “W-what the hell?! Ah can’t move!” shouted Applejack, trying her best to get herself free.

The manticore turned its’ attention back to the others; however, the creature was then encircled by Rainbow Dash, spinning around it at high speed while creating a mini-tornado around it, which made the creature dizzy. “I got this! Time for me to do what I do best! Showing off, Dash-style!” Dash’s tactic was proven the least helpful as when the beast roared, it swiped it’s tail at the harpy; unable to dodge, Rainbow Dash was sent flying away into a tree, falling down and landing flat onto the ground and unable to get up.

All of them were out of commission, except for Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy; Pinkie Pie began running around in fear, screaming: “RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!” while Fluttershy remained calm. Walking up to Dusk and Rarity, she stood in front of the manticore, stretching her arms out and trying to protect her two friends. The young, pink-haired harpy, who seemed to be afraid of her own shadow, was standing up to one of the most dangerous, fiercest beasts in the Everfree Forest.

Looking up at the monster, the young girl pounced down with her big cute exposed eyes; seeing this, everyone around her was shocked, screaming at the harpy to get out, including Dusk who shouted, “Fluttershy; what the hell do you think your doing?! Get out of the way!”

“Shh…it’s okay. Oh, you poor baby,” she cooed, in a sweet, motherly tone of voice. The beast stopped in its’ tracks, looking totally confused, yet the manticore became submissive in a matter of seconds as Fluttershy began petting its’ head. “You’re just a harmless, little kitten, aren’t you? I think I know what you need, but it’s going to hurt a bit!” reaching out for its’ paw, Fluttershy grabbed it and pulled a dark, evil-looking thorn right out of the center paw. Suddenly, the manticore’s left eye returned to normal as she disposed of the thorn by throwing it away.

Soon, Fluttershy had the beast on its’ back, purring like a cat as she rubbed its’ stomach. “Aw, you’re just a cute, little kitty, aren’t you?! Yes you are!” everyone was in shock as they were surprised at what was happening right now. Licking her face, the manticore was displaying so much affection to the pink-haired harpy as everyone regained their senses. Dusk had enough time to pry the clinging Rarity off of himself, walk over to Fluttershy, and expressed a confused look on his face about the ordeal that occurred. “How did you know there was a thorn in its’ paw?”
“I didn’t; I just had a hunch after seeing how much in pain it was and just took a chance to help the poor thing. Sometimes, we all just need to show a little kindness.” The pink harpy smiled sweetly to Dusk, causing him to fluster, becoming enamored by the girl’s kindness. Hugging Fluttershy, the manticore put her down and left, allowing the party to move forward.

Up in an ancient castle that appeared to be falling apart, a young fae girl looked at the group through a telescope, watching their every move and became surprised after seeing them deal with the manticore. “I must report this to the empress!” she gasped, heading down from the watchtower and inside the castle.

Lying in a circular, queen-sized bed, Nightmare Moon stared up through the skylight and gazed at the moon. She basked in its’ illuminating glow while scowling in contempt as she took a sip of the crimson wine in her golden chalice. She mentally mocked, “Well, my sister. It seems our millennium-long battle is now at an end.”

Suddenly, the bedroom doors swung open as the young fae entered hectically. “My empress! The trespassers have made it passed the Manticore! They’re almost on their way to the castle!” the fae screamed in hysterics.

Nightmare Moon turned her attention away from the moon and laughed condescendingly. She stood up and stared at the young girl, walking over to her while revealing her bare, slim body.

The young fae’s face flushed as her mistress approached even further, taking in the image of her beautiful skin. Placing both hands on her shoulders, the demon woman remarked, “Let them proceed! They’ll never get pass the bridge without avoiding the sea serpent, and if they do, I’ll take much amusement from skinning them’ all alive!” she then brushed the side of the girl’s cheek, smiling, “My little Nightingale. That worried expression does not suit the beautiful face of my Shadowbolt captain. Come. Join me to my chambers. I will ease your frustrations.” The young girl sighed amorously as she followed her mistress to her bed, disrobing herself and slid into the covers.

Dusk Shine and the girls continued their journey. After the manticore incident, the young fae boy, made sure to keep his guard up: Be alert! Danger it up ahead! Nightmare Moon still has some more tricks up her sleeve and if I let my guard down… “What’ cha thinking, Dusky?!” Dusk screamed. He fell to the ground, on his back, as he looked to see the busty pink girl standing in front of him.

“Darling!!” Rarity exclaimed. Running to his side, she wrapped around Dusk’s body and squeezed him tight. “My sweet prince! Are you alright?! You’re not hurt anywhere, are you?!” she even began pressing his face against her chest as she affectionately “comfort” him.

Crossing her arms, Dash walked up to the two with an irritated face, stating, “Hey, Rarity! If you don't mind, we have a schedule to keep up before the end of the world!”

“Where are we, anyway?” asked Dusk Shine, examining his new found surroundings as he set foot on the white stoned floor.

It was a large bridge, hovering over a big waterfall on the side of the mountains, there were giant statues of the two goddesses of the sun and the moon, reaching their arms out, attempting to touch the heavens.

“This place is hug!!!” screamed Dusk astonishingly.

Applejack turned and smiled at the fae boy. She remarked, “I was just as surprised as you the first time I was here.” then she turned her attention to Pinkie Pie and said, “you know something, Pinkie. Granny Smith told me...this is the place where Princess Celestia fought Nightmare Moon. That's why they call it...The Valley of the End.”

All Pinkie could say from that was, “Haven't I heard that name before” while staring at the cowgirl with a blank face and a goofy grin.
All of them had stop to take a break. They had been walking for a long time and needed to catch a breather.

Dusk was irritated by the way his party was acting. It was a serious situation they were all in, yet everyone of them took the time to laugh and converse with one another. Even Pinkie was skipping around as she cheerfully sang: “A party under the sky is starting! Let me give you a tip if you want to be friends...” he thoughts about it while he stood watching them.

These girls...Do they think this is funny?

He even started overhearing his traveling companions.

“Darling, your hair is so pretty!” Complimented Rarity.

Fluttershy blushed and replied stuttering, “You r-really think so?”

Rarity continued, “Oh, but of course! Please, tell me your secret!” with Fluttershy answering, “I...I just like to wash my hair in the lake.”

He then shifts his attention to Applejack and Rainbow Dash's conversation.

“I've never been here beofre? How do you know so much, Applejack?” questioned Rainbow Dash.

Applejack replied straightforwardly, “I came here with Granny Smith and my brother a long time ago.” she received a surprised “Really?!” from an ecstatic Rainbow Dash.

Finally, having enough of it, Dush snapped. He turned around and yelled furiously GIRLS!! CAN'T YOU BEHAVE LIKE ADULTS AND ACT LIKE YOU CARE FOR WHAT'S GOING ON?!”

however, no one seemed to be paying attention. They were all too busy gazing at the beauty of the fall and the sight of the forest they lied below them. Even Pinkie was had a camera out from nowhere as she said to Applejack, “Whoa! Hey, AJ! Come check out this view!”

“hehe...i know, right?” was the cowgirl's response.

Dusk's jaw immediately dropped, nearly touching the ground. He irate, “Are you ignoring me?!”

Rubbing the bridge of his eyes, Dusk Shine clapped his hands with such force, it made a loud, thunderous sound. That then got the girl's attention. “Alright ladies. Recess is over...we must keep going,” he announced sternly, sauntering towards them. “Remember, it was your decision to come with me, so...” as he trailed his sentence. He took a head start forward. He turned and continued, “Let's not waste anymore time!”

They all proceeded pass the bridge. Once they were on the other side, they entered the other half of the forest. Dusk Shine was up a head and was surprised when Applejack started walking beside him.

“Hey sugarcube,” she called.

“Is is true that Princess Celestia Teachesyou herself?”

Dusk arched a brow and answered, “Yes. I receive my lessons directly from her.”

“Oh! I thought the princess was always busy and didn't have time for such things.” the fae boy's response piqued the cowgirl's curiosity. They conversed the entire time while walking up the pathway. She smiled warmly as she looked at the boy.

“She must really care about you very much, sugarcube.”

“Well, every once in a while she has to leave. There are many teachers in the academy, so I attend to one of their lectures. But there is one in particular...who is always there to help me with anything I need when the princess is away. I have great repsect for him...” He corrected the cowgirl. Applejack arched an eyebrow, intrigued by who Dsuk was talking about. Dusk smiled when he mentioned “...Professor Spell Nexus.”

Unbeknownst to the two, their closeness sparked a fire within a certain fae. Rarity growled with animosity as she gritted her teeth. Seeing her Dusk Shine rubbing elbows with another girl made her want to rip her own hair off. Fluttershy was startled by her friend's anger, taking a step back while a droplet of sweat formed on her temple.

Rarity quickly dashed, shoving the country girl to the side as she got into Dusk's face with a blush on her own. “Oh, Mister Shine! I would also love to hear about your exciting and interesting life in the great city of Canterlot!” Dusk blushed at how close the fashionista was, much to the chagrin of Applejack. “I have always dreamed about living in our kingdom's capital! I have trained myself in the subtle ways and the refined manners of the big city.”

She went on, bragging about how eloquent she was, adding haughtily while smirking at the bumpkin, “My dear Sir, I am sure you will find that discussing your experience at the Royal Academy with an elegant, educated young lady such as myself will prove to be much more rewarding and satisfying than doing so with someone like Applejack...” that hit nail right one the board.

“Woah! Woah! Now you hold it right there, Sugarcube. Just what the hay are you trying to say?” she interrupted in an irritated manner, demanding the fashionista's response.

With a flip of her hair, the violet-haired fae smiled contemptuously, answering as she walked around the cowgirl, “Oh, dear Applejack. What i'm trying to say, my simple and rustic friend, is that Mr. Dusk would rather have a conversation with someone feminine and eloquent for a change.”

stomping her foot, Applejack barked, “that's enough, missy! Despite what you might think, I’m not that dumb! If you continue insulting me then i'm gonna—”

“You're gonna what?” Rarity called out applejack's threat. Then she started taunting, “Oh wait! Let me guess. Taking under consideration that you behave like a wild gorilla than an uncivilized brute...then I suppose you would follow your most basic instincts and threaten me with physical violen-” she was then cut off. Her face contorted when she saw Applejack charging at her.

What-what?! N-now just wait a second, Appleja-

fortunately, it wasn't to attack her. Right when she got close, Applejack tackled the pompous fashionista, saving her from a shadowy figure that nearly assaulted her from out of the blue. Everyone looked and were terrified as hundreds of bloodthirty ravens surrounded them all.

Rarity was in sheer fright, trembling tearfully while mumbling, “T-those things...They...they almost k-killed me...”

Applejack shook her back to reality, telling her loudly, “Get a hold of yourself, Rarity!”

The raven spread their wings, flying up and trying to land another blow.

“Watch out, girls!” Dusk warned.

Rainbow Dash summoned her wings and flew by, shouting proudly, “I got this, egghead!” however, as she got close to them and tried to land a powerful blow, the ravens outnumbered the tomboy, striking her down and causing her to fall. She laid limp, twitching and grown as she bled.

“Rainbow Dash!” they shouted in unison. Fluttershy ran to help tend to her childhood friend while the remaining five held their guard up from another bombardment. This were no ordinary ravens for their eyes glowed sinisterly. They were another one of Nightmare Moon's obstacles ad, this time, it will take all of the six to figure out how to survive.

Author's Note:

Hey, sorry it took so long. been very busy with college and exams. Well, here's the new addition. hope you all like it.

Comments ( 5 )

Annnnnd another great concept ruined thanks to either anthro or complete humanization.

That just goes to show, if you really want something that bad then you better just do it yourself. Which I did in 3 occasions. :ajsmug:

When I saw resurrected I was ecstatic until I realized that this is a completely different story and it's humanized, even worse so thanks raising my hope up so much, only to crush it.

Sweet story so far, and I see you brought in Spell Nexus into the story, does that mean we might be seeing a little black alicorn filly in the future that will see Dusk as her father?

I am looking foreword to reading more I am enjoying this.

Cant wait for more!

Login or register to comment