• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 3,320 Views, 21 Comments

Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine: Resurrected - kman123



This is my re-imagining of the cult-favorite "Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine" by Mesmasaurus that was discontinued a year ago. This fanfic has been inspired by the works of Soltratic, xXAngeLuciferXx, Mesmesaurus, and others; it has an anime-esqu

  • ...
12
 21
 3,320

Lesson 2A: Nightmare Moon

The mysterious woman appeared on stage, cackling loudly, "Ah, it's been so long since I've seen your precious sun-loving faces." Silence fell over the hall, as everyone looked up at the dark, translucent-haired woman in azure armor. There was shock, confusion, and fear evident on the faces of everyone, all but one…Dusk Shine, who glared at the woman with an unafraid stature.

Throughout the hall, the same question escaped nearly every man, woman, and child present: "Where is Celestia?" Yes, everyone asked over and over again, much to the annoyance of the shadow woman. "Thou long for Celestia? Does my crown no longer count, since I have been imprisoned for a thousand years? Am I no longer worthy of your devotion?!" Roared the dark entity loudly at the frightened crowd.

Dusk was flabbergasted as he watched the scene unfold, completely ignoring Spike while he shuttered and exclaimed, "B-big bro!" Mayor Mare stood as intimidating as she could with her face as angry as plain as day, "What have you done to our princess?!" demanded the mayor; clearly a woman of courage, she stood tall for those under her chagrin. "Do you really want to know?" teased the dark woman, flashing a malevolent grin at the mature mayor. "Royal guards! Seize her! Only she knows where the princess is!" the mayor ordered, watching the guards charge at the mysterious woman; the woman just smirked, finding this spectacle rather amusing.

A pair of harpy guards zoomed at her, dive-bombing towards Nightmare Moon as she cackled, "Oh, such stubborn children!" she shouted as lightning was cast down upon the guards, electrifying them severely as they all fell to the ground; two more guards appeared from a different direction with Nightmare Moon, simply, laughing maniacally as tentacles appeared from her shadow, striking at them right in their abdomens and sending them to the ground, like the others, as they squirmed in pain. All spectators were shocked as they watched her display of cruelty and power; the tentacles then grew jagged mouths and encircled the guards. "Did you really think you could lay a hand on me? Insignificant creatures like you have only one purpose in this world…to serve as a meal!"

The woman's face shifted wickedly as the tentacles shot down at the guards to devour them; just then, out from the crowd zoomed a rainbow and cyan streak. A powerful kick knocked the tentacles together and sent them into hitting the observation deck. Flying up in the air was Rainbow Dash with an angry expression on her tomboyish face. "Oh, what do we have here? A young naysayer who defies me? That look in your eyes is of that of pure courage and determination, meaning that you are truly foolish and not grasp an understanding of the situation."

The cyan harpy growled, and then snorted, angrily, "I don't know who the hell you are, but there's no excuse for trying to eat other people!" Glared dash as she hovered in the air as everyone watched in awe of her bravery, the evil demon just smiled, sly and rather arrogantly as she looked the little defender over.

"Aw, what an adorable harpy. I am a queen that listens to her subjects. Tell me, what can your queen do for you?" Teased the demon woman. Dash listened to the offer, becoming sickened by the arrogance.

"Oh really? Well, your 'highness,' what I would really like is…that you return to the damned hole you came from!" Dash shouted as she zoomed down at Nightmare Moon in super-sonic speed, putting the guards to shame.

"Oh, little one, do you really think you can harm me?!" Dash thrust her legs, preparing to land a kick on the woman; however, the woman disappeared into a cloud of black smoke, smothering Dash and sending her crashing against a wall. Dash was truly shocked and so was everyone in the room.

"Eh? I flew right through her. How? No! That damned monster escape!" Dash looked around as she hovered in the air. Dash looked down, wondering why everyone was still looking so shocked and scared. "Grrr…I swear, I'll give her a good kick…in the…ass…" Feeling an evil aura, Dash was unaware that Nightmare Moon was right behind her; she had Dash cradled between her wings and grinned evilly as her mouth contorted and became full of fangs and her jaw unhinged with a dark magical light festering inside of it.


"Rainbow! Look out!" screamed Fluttershy; Dash gasped, her eyes becoming wide in shock. In a giant flash of light was a giant magical blast of dark energy shooting out of Nightmare Moon's mouth. All of this was happening in a split second, yet time was standing still as Rainbow Dash slowly turned around with fear now on her face. There was a huge explosion as smoke engulfed the area; Dash fell lifelessly towards the ground at high speed. Dash focused his mana, catching Rainbow with a spell and setting her down.

"RAINBOW! Rainbow! Please be okay…" Fluttershy tearfully shouted, flying down to her childhood friend with tears in her eyes as she cradled her close, looking over with great concern.

"Impressive, you saved her just in time. That protection spell was effective enough to reduce the impact from my Eclipse Cannon just in time. She would've been turned to ashes by now if it weren't for you. You have my respect, young fae." Sneered the evil woman as she landed very gracefully onto the ground without even making a sound. "Dusk Shine?" Fluttershy looked to Dusk as all this was explained; a blush appeared onto her buttercream face at his firm and brave stance.

"Tell me, young fae; from the look in your eyes, I can tell that you've been preparing for this day by looking into your eyes, but do you know who you are standing up against?" cackled the evil woman once more, she seemed to love the sound of her own voice.

"Ooh, ooh I think I can figure that out, I just love guessing games! Ooh, ooh, um, Hokey Smokes! How about…Queen Meanie! No! Black Snooty!" Squealed Pinkie as she got between Dusk Shine and the mystery woman with a huge playful grin on her face. "This is the best stage play ever!" she shouted, happily, jumping in place with her breasts jiggling. Dusk and Nightmare just flashed a deadpanned stare at this display of Pinkie's misunderstanding, having a large droplet of sweat appearing on their temples.

The semi-suave/semi-nerdy magician sighed as he used his magic to move Pinkie behind him. "Stand back, this is all on me." Standing tall, Dsuk was face-to-face with the demon woman, trying to regain with composure. "I know who you are. You're the 'Woman in the Moon'…Nightmare Moon!" Dusk declared to all the Ponies to whom all were shocked and surprised. Even the girls responded, surprisingly, as well.

Rarity: "Oh Celestia!"

Applejack: "It can't be!"

Pinkie: "Who?"

Afterwards, Dusk heard the cries of everyone else within the Hall: "That's not possible!" "It's a lie" "Isn't that just an old fairytale?!"

"Well, well, well...it seems that someone here does remember me. Then, you also know why I'm here." Dusk gulped with a somewhat reluctant nod. Nightmare Moon turned around to face the audience and announced, regally, "Oh, my children. Fear not. Rejoice! The sun has fallen so the night may last forever! And you'll witness the birth of a new era; an era of total darkness with me as your new Queen!"

Dash winced and groaned as her head bled over her barely opened left eye as she looked at Dusk who stood in front of her almost protectively as her dear old friend, Fluttershy, held her. "Fluttershy, wha-what happened?" Rainbow coughed at a loss, everything had just happened so fast and thought that she should've been dead by now.

"Dusk Shine…he-he saved you, Rainbow, he used a magical barrier to shield you from the blast and then caught you from falling," Fluttershy explained, to which Dash was in awe blushing deeper.

Children clung to their mothers in fear s Nightmre Moon shot her long hair at Dusk grabbing him by the neck with her right hand by the neck before he could do anything while pulling him closer to her. "And you, noble fae, would you honor me by stating your name?"

Dusk merely huffed, standing tall while looking unafraid, "My name is Dusk Shine, Princess Celestia's most loyal student." Proudly declared Dusk, to which Nightmare Moon raised a brow.

"Ah, so you're Celestia's prized pupil. Well, Dusk, in the end, anything that belongs to Celestia…" she pulled Dusk even closer than before, almost to her face. "…Will be mine." She then pulled Dusk into a lewd kiss while having a wicked look in her eyes, as she pushed him away. "Even her most loyal student will belong to me! We shall meet again, Dusk Shine!" Chuckled Nightmare Moon maniacally as she disappeared, leaving only a puff of smoke behind.

Both Rarity and Dusk were stunned to silence, the former fainting from all this drama, especially since she had just witnessed her new found prince having his first kiss stolen by queen of evil, which shocked dusk Shine so much that a million thoughts coursed through his head now, including how good it felt to lock lips with her which is something he never wanted to admit. Snapping out of his daze, Dusk needed to do some research on the situation and what better way to do that than at the Ponyville Library. So, without hesitation, he ran out of Town Hall and headed straight home with Spike by his side.

Unbeknownst to him, Rainbow Dash took notice of this and became suspicious. Where the hell is he going? She thought; despite being injured, Rainbow still managed to stand up and prepared to follow him, telling the other girls to follow him, wanting the exact same answers as he did, leaving the crowd in a panic while the remaining members of the Royal guard tried to keep the crowd calm.

To Be Concluded

Author's Note:

Hey, everyone, this is Kman134, here, with a new Chapter of "Unexpected Love Life of Dusk Shine: Resurrected". I hope you like it and sorry for the cliffhangers; i know they're get annoying, but just keep holding on, the excitement will appear. Anyway, send as many reviews as you like and tell me what you think.