• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 711 Views, 1 Comments

Second Blood - Lunarpony



Three months have passed since Applejack was cured from being a Queen Vampire and Equestira saved. But soon a new vampire begins to attack! Who is it now? Someone is out for a second round of bloodshed...but who is the mastermind behind it all?

  • ...
 1
 711

Things to come...

"It just doesn't make any sense!" Lunar yells in frustration. "Everything I look through doesn't tell me anything! No book, no scroll, no manuscript nothing! How in Celestia's name are we going to make all of this right if there is no information."

"What is with all of the racket Lunar?" Dawn asks. Lunar looks back at the mare who was suddenly standing at the entrance to his shop. Oh boy, he had really done it this time somepony heard him. "Information on what?"

"I can't tell you." Lunar responds firmly. "It's classified information. Sorry Dawn."

"Awe that's no fun!" she pouts. "Why can't you tell me? It's not like I won't tell anypony. Or do you just not trust me?"

"The ladder half." Lunar answers with a stale, emotionless tone closing the books and scrolls he was reading.

"Well he sure isn't a charmer...rude if anything..." Dawn says to herself under her breath.

"Now is there something I can help you with? I am in a bit of a hurry right now Dawn. I have to report to Princess Celestia today." Lunar's voice breaks through her thoughts and she looks back to him. A bag now rested on his back.

"Well I was going to ask if you wanted to hang out today." Dawn sighs "But you're too busy with some big stuff from the great and mighty Celestia."

"If you knew what was going on you'd understand why I am going. But you would also be worried, scared and frightened that you could lose your life at any second the moment darkness spreads across the lands of Equestria." Lunar sighs. "I mean it's a nasty job but somepony's gotta do it."

"I guess you have a point. Please just come back safe Lunar." Dawn says looking at him with eyes filled of worry and fear. "You saved my life and...you're me hero." Lunar looks at Dawn feeling uncomfortable and then nods. "I will do all that I can Dawn."

"Lunar!" Twilight calls from outside.

"Who was that?" Dawn asks

"Twilight." Lunar answers "I need to go." he says walking out the door to meet Twilight. "I am here." he says to the purple alicorn.

"Good." Twilight says "We don't have much time we need to see Celestia and fast!" she urges grabbing Lunar and dragging him off.

"Oh great here we go again..." he sighs rolling his eyes. The purple Alicorn drags him across Ponyville all the way to the train station and then off the train, through Canterlot and finally into the castle. Twilight stops and looks at Lunar who's eyes were swirling around and around from being drug so fast.

"Oh uh...oops." Twilight smiles innocently rubbing the back of her head as Lunar slowly stands up shaking his head.

"Ugh..." he groans "Hey Twilight...next time don't drag me like that..."

"Sorry..." she apologizes as Celestia walks across from them and notices them.

"Twilight? Lunar?" she asks trotting over. Lunar a bows respectfully to the Princess. It had been months since he had last seen her. He met with Celestia back when Applejack was corrupted or possessed or something. He and Twilight never figured out what it was that made her a Queen Vampire. "You can stand now Lunar." she chuckles at the maroon unicorn who complies. "What brings you two here today?"

"Well you see..." Twilight tries to begin but pauses. "Well..."

"We figured out the truth behind vampire ponies." Lunar says bluntly.

"Oh?" Celestia asks looking interested. "What?"

"You won't like it." Twilight says "But it's of changeling origin. Queen Chrysalis disguised herself as a dragon to try and lure Spike into a trap to use him against us."

"What that is insane!" Celestia says "I banished her and the Changelings to the far reaches of the world."

"Well they have been hiding out in the Everfree Forest." Lunar says "It wouldn't have been hard for them to operate undercover from there."

"How long do you think they have been there Lunar?" Twilight asks.

"Well based on the way the cave looked with some basic structures I would say that they have been in that cave for a bout a year and a half or so." Lunar replies. "Which is strange. That cave is part of some huge underground system that connects the far reaches of Equestria and beyond. I bet that was how they found their way back here."

"They probably needed time to regroup and gather after their defeat herer in Canterlot a few years ago." Celestia answers.

"Right I heard about that." Lunar nods. "The Changelings sabotaged Shining Armor and Princess Cadence's wedding."

"Celestia, what do we do?" Twilight asks.

"At this point we cannot do much. We have little to work off of and if they are in a cave system like Lunar says than finding them is lot more difficult task then it could have been. I hate to say it but for now you will need to continue your investigation and until we find more evidence we cannot take any action without major risks." Celestia answers with a sigh. "All I want is to live in peace..." she sighs

"I think we all do." Twilight agrees.

"I will await your return back in Ponyville Twilight. I have some stuff I need to attend to back at my shop before I can continue investigating more into the changelings and their whereabouts and however they induce this vampirism onto ponies." Lunar announces leaving the room.

"You are luck to have found him Twilight." Celestia says.

"How come?" she asks the princess.

"You two have a lot in common sometimes I feel like I have two of you in the room. You and he are like two peas in a pod." Celestia answers. "I might call upon him someday to help you should you need it."

"You don't have to do that Princess Celestia I can more then handle my job on my own." Twilight responds.

"Alright if yo say so." Celestia nods in acknowledgement "You should be going. You have a train to catch."

"yeah I do Don't I." Twilight sighs walking out of the door. "I will up date you soon Celestia!" she calls as she walks out of the door.

Princess Luna then walks in. "What was that about sister?" she asks.

"Princess Twilight and her friend Lunar Relic were only reporting on heir findings into the recent outbreak." Celestia answers "The Changelings are back."

"What?" Luna asks surprised "What do we plan to do?"

"Sadly there isn't much we can do right now sister." Celestia sighs looking at the ground in a depressed way. "From what Lunar could find out they are in that one cave system that runs under all of Equestria and to the lands outside. They would escape if we tried to attack them in their."

"I see. This is a problem." Luna nods. "Perhaps we doing nothing really is the best choice right now though. With some of the guard still recovering from that sickness that swept through last month most of the army is in no shape to fight anyway."

"Sadly I fear that there are more dark times in store for our great land yet sister." Celestia sighs. "The sun dawn cannot come..it hasn't been dark enough yet."

"What do you mean?" Luna asks "Where did that come from?"

"Something Twilight showed me. All of our recent events from Tirek to Discord directly compliment a prediction made by Star Swril himself and if his predictions are right then we still have one more great enemy to face....whether or not it is the changelings has yet to be seen."

"Have faith sister." Lunar says "We will pull through this...I know we will."

"I wish I could think like that right now Sister..." Celestia sighs. "I really do."

Meanwhile on the train back to Ponyville Lunar was also reflecting on what Twilight had mentioned about it not being dark enough and that there was something terrible coming soon. While what it was specifically was still unclear that didn't change the fact that it was coming and for all he knew it could spell the end of all of Equestria. However despite that the biggest thing that was eating away at him was; Could it be the Changelings? But if not what else could be coming that is darker than what was currently happened? Heck as far he was concerned Nightmare Moon wasn't nearly as bad as this in fact the only thing that he felt could closely compare had to be Tirek. But he was out of the question. Frustrated he sighs and pulls a book out. The book was "How to Kill a Mocking Jay" it was a classic. Slowly he becomes so lost int he book Twilight who had been trying to talk to him hits him upside the head to get his attention. "Huh?" he says out of surprise.

"Lunar I asked if you think Chyrsalis deserves to live on after what she has done." Twilight repeats.

"Well...to me as dark as it may sound I think she needs to die. I mean she killed my family, your family and Celestia knows how many more! If it was my decision I would put her to death along with every Changeling that supports her." Lunar replies.

"Why not just all of the Changelings?" Twilight asks.

"There are some that don't support her." Lunar answers "Those ones I would allow a fair chance."

"I see." Twilight says before looking out the window. Lunar bringing up what Chrysalis had done to her parents had crushed her inside once again and to cope she just tuned out and watched as they sped by the landscapes of Equestria.

Author's Note:

I would like to apologize for the recent lack of updates. I have been going through a lot since the new year and it has left me with very little time to work on this. I am trying to work on this when I can and hopefully soon I can get back to working on it more.