• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 711 Views, 1 Comments

Second Blood - Lunarpony



Three months have passed since Applejack was cured from being a Queen Vampire and Equestira saved. But soon a new vampire begins to attack! Who is it now? Someone is out for a second round of bloodshed...but who is the mastermind behind it all?

  • ...
 1
 711

The Dark Truth Part II

Author's Note:

Just an FYI there is some minor course language in this chapter but nothing really bad. Just a heads up some minor course language will pop up from time to time in the future.

"SPIKE!" Twilight yells frantically. she had been searching for him ever since the incident merely a couple of minutes ago. She had found him running off with Crystal so she and Lunar were after them but when the two vanished into the Everfree forest both stopped dead intheir tracks. "SPIKE!" Twilight cries.

"Curses!" Lunar says infuriated about it. "We were too slow! This is all my fault!"

"Why would it be your fault Lunar?" Twilight asks between tears "If anypony is to blame it's me."

"If I didn't tell you what had happened then Spike would have never overheard it! Now he is gone and it's because I just had to tell you right away Princess Twilight..." he sighs.

"Don't say that Lunar!" Twilight reassures him " You had good intentions I don't blame you. Right now though Spike is in danger. Could you use your wing spell to see if you can catch up?"

"I can try." Lunar answers "But I am not sure how well that will work." Lunar then closes his eyes as he focuses to cast the spell. Now with two red feathery wings sprouted he flies off into the Everfree Forest in pursuit of Spike and Crystal.

Spike and Crystal had reached a cave both panting from running so hard. "Whew...So Crystal...now what?" Spike asks.

"We keep running and hiding." she answers calmly "There is no doubt Twilight and that Lunar Relic are looking for us...""

"And that won't be long." Lunar's voice echoes as he enters the same cave. "Spike you have to listen to me! Crystal is really Queen Chrysalis! She's been deceiving you!"

"You're lying! She could never be! right Crystal?" Spike asks

"Look around you Spike there are Changelings looking at us!" Lunar yells. Crystal doesn't reply and Spike looks at her "Crystal is what Lunar Relic says true?"

"You are a real pain I thought you helping Twilight wasn't enough" Crystal hisses changing back to Queen Chrysalis. Changelings blocked the entrance to the cave as they closed in on the unicorn and dragon. "But at least now I have the two of you...and Spike is already under my control."

"I am not!" Spike yells. Chrysalis then glared at him. Spike's face then changed to a vacant look before he looks at Lunar Relic with a sinister grin.

"I knew it!" Lunar yells "Vampirism does come from you vile monsters! You may have killed my parents Chrysalis but I won't let you kill me!"

"Oh really what a coincidence I wasn't planning on killing you either." she chuckles "I was going to use you!" she cackles

"Over my dead body!" Lunar shouts, "I would rather deal with Nightmare Moon instead of you! At least she was somewhat successful!"

"Lunar stop." Spike says "You're just making things worse!"

"You'll come to in time." Chrysalis snorts "Lock them up!" she commands to some of the Changelings who nod. They then walked up to Spike and Lunar before escorting them to a cell made of some weird substance.

"So Queen Chrysalis what do we do with them now?" a changeling asks

"Glad you asked. They will eventually come around. They have no other options then to be locked in there forever or join us. They will break sooner or later." she answers

"But that unicorn...he's a crafty one is he not? Couldn't he just take Spike and teleport out of the cell?" the changeling asks. Chrysalis stood there for a second thinking before her face showed some worry and she ran to the cell. To her somewhat expectation yet it still surprised her both of them were gone. This got a loud scream of frustration as a result. Swiftly she runs to the cave head and looks around. "That damn unicorn! He thinks he can outsmart me?!"

"But now that Spike is useless what will you do?" the changeling asks

"I will do nothing Dawn." she smiles "You can though."

"What can I do my Queen?" it asks

"Well being one of our females I want you to become a mare and get close to Lunar Relic...We need to learn everything about him! I will come every once and a while as a pony to talk with you. The more we learn about him and the others the better." Chrysalis explains.

"But why not one of the girls?" the changeling apparently named Dawn asks.

"Because I think if you can try to get close to him as a lover perhaps he will let you in on things with the girls it would be simpler to do it that way. I know you can handle that right?" Chrysalis explains

"Of course my queen that will not be a problem." Dawn answers turning into a mare.

"Don't be too up front he's a smart one...he might suspect something." Chrysalis warns and Dawn nods showing she understood. "Good now get going!""

Meanwhile at the Palace of friendship Twilight was pacing back and forth when Spike and Lunar run in. "Spike!" she exclaims running over and hugging him "You're okay!"

"I am sorry Twilight!" he apologizes "You and Lunar were right! Crystal was Chrysalis!" he cries and Twilight looks at Lunar "Thank you." she says

"Don't worry about it." he answers "But what has you all worked up?"

"Well I was going to ask Dr. Whooves for some extra help but he has seemingly vanished!" Twilight exclaims "He has some knowledge on the subject so I was going see if he could help us but he's gone!"

"Dr. Whooves is gone?!" Lunar shouts "Butt I just talked to him not too long ago!"

"I know it's weird..." Twilight sighs "I think he might be in danger."

"We have to find him!" Lunar says

"Guys!" Rainbow Dash yells flying up to them fairly fast. "I found another body!"

"What?" Twilight gasps "Where?!"

"In the square...you won't like it..." Rainbow says

"Why not?" she asks. But Rainbow Dash had already headed out with Lunar. Twilight quickly followed and they ran to the square. When the saw the pony Twilight's expression turned to absolute horror and grief. "Mom! Dad!" she screams crying. Lunar looks in shock at the two bodies. This was no accident...this had to have been planned. Twilight collapsed over the two unicorns sobbing.

"Chrysalis has gone too far this time!" Lunar growls in anger "She can kill my parents fine, she can use Applejack to kill other poines but when she hurts a friend...That's where I draw the line."

"What happened?" Applejack asks as she, Fluttershy, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie arrive. They all suddenly look grim at the sigh as well.

"This can't be." Rarity gasps

"Those are...Twi's mom and pa." Applejack notes with sadness in her voice.

"What in Equestria happened?" Fluttershy asks

"Chrysalis that's what..." Lunar snarls trying to hold his anger. "She killed them!"

"I am so sorry Twilight..." Fluttershy says putting a hoof on the alicorns back. Twilight then looked up beaming with anger.

"She has gone too far!" she yells "I am going to kill her!"

"Twilight calm down!" Lunar says now in shock over anger. "If your not careful you'll walk down the same path Princess Luna did!"

"And so what! That monster needs to pay!" Twilight growls "She has taken innocent lives and now my parents! She took your parents too Lunar Relic! Do you not want to avenge them!?"

"Twilight I do but this isn't the answer!" Lunar shouts

"Well then I will handle this myself!" Twilight growls her eyes getting a green fire to them. It was then Applejack bucks her with her tow hind legs knocking the alicorn out and making the others look at her.

"Im sorry but we couldn't let her go like that!" Applejack protests "I panicked."

"She has a point." Lunar agrees "While Twilight does have a point that Chrysalis does need to pay and she needs to be stopped we can't just rush this. We have so little hard facts to work with right now and so little knowledge on what we can do. As much as I want to stop her now we need to focus on learning what we can. The last thing we want is something going wrong when we do decide to make a move."

"So what do we do for now?" Spike asks

"Spike I know it's not really my place to ask but can you send a letter to Celesita for me?" Lunar asks

"Yes, sir!" he says with a salute. Lunar nods and thanks him as he quickly writes a letter and hands it to Spike who without hesitation sends it to Celestia.

"What was it about?" Rainbow Dash asks

"Just an update on the situation." Lunar answers before they hear a scream. "I'll take care of it." Lunar says firmly running in the direction of the scream He soon comes across a tan mare unicorn with a purple mane running from a group of Changelings. She soon trips and the changelings leap at her "Solar Missile!" he yells blasting the changelings with bursts of Solar Magic. This made them fly back about ten to twenty feet. They landed and got up as Lunar runs in front of the mare. He glared at the changelings with hatred burning in his eyes. "There is more where that came from if you take another step closer you filthy monsters!" he yells to them. The changelings look at each other then back and hiss before running away. Lunar then turns to the mare and helps her up. "Are you okay?" he asks.

The mare looked at him with eyes glittering in gratitude for the unicorns actions. "Thank you." she smiles hugging him "They started chasing me and I didn't know what else to do!"

"Don't worry about it." Lunar says "you're safe now." he smiles

"Thank you for saving me so much...I am Dawn..." she blushes.

"Lunar Relic but you can just call me Lunar." Lunar answers with a friendly smile. "It's nice to meet you."

"Same here..." she answers "I just moved here will we see each other again?"

"Well if you live here then it's probable." Lunar answers. "Look I hate to sound rude but I am very busy right now and I need to go."

"Alright." Dawn says "See you!" she exclaims as she wanders off.

"Wonder why the Changelings were after her..." Lunar thinks.