• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 15,055 Views, 342 Comments

So you are suddenly a soon-to-be husband to a Sun-Goddess. - TheDawsonator1



Jason gets drunk one time at one of Pinkie's many parties. Unfortunately when he wakes up, it won't be the same again as trouble after trouble comes for him.

  • ...
105
 342
 15,055

PreviousChapters Next
Sometimes, life ain't fair on a brother.

It’s been 3 weeks and some incident in Ponyville has not happened…well until a few hours back, but I am officially amazed right now that it didn’t happen sooner, but it’s also refreshing, today is December 8th, getting close to Hearth’s warming, I should really get to that shopping but anywho...

I had been sending letters to Celestia daily thanks to a nifty portable dragonfire seal so I don’t need Spike (the poor guy gets way too much chores and no play, I fear he will soon lose the concept of fun) and that’s kind of what a few hours back was about.

You see, It was a long day at the bakery (Convinced the Cakes to keep my job after what happened) and it was night time as our dear smile machine, Pinkie Pie was unfortunately sick (shocking right?) when I heard a bit of crying coming from somewhere, it was Spike at a park bench and sounds like he had a rough time, so me being the bro I am I get my ass over there and see what’s what.

A few seconds later…

So I am sitting next to Spike in a park bench at 6:50 at night with him clearly crying his eyes out.

“Hey Spike” I said to him.

“H-Hi Jason, have you come to gloat at me?” Spike asks in reply to my hello.

“No, precisely why would I do that?” I ask him.

“Rarity…r-r-rejected me” Spike said through sobs

“Oh? Oh…” I realized what he had said.

So Spike finally tried to ask Rarity out and it didn’t end well…poor Spike, he’s had his first rejection and the first ones are always hard (I should know, I’ve been rejected 4 times in the course of my 20 year life).

“That’s tough, Spike. Wanna talk about it?” I say to Spike who gave a nod.

“I thought she liked me, we spent time together, she calls me Spikey-Wikey, and appreciates all the help I give her yet I am not good enough for her” Spike explains.

Oh trust me, I know that feeling there brother.

“Yeah, some girls just ain’t pleased” I say.

“How do you do it, Jason? You ended up with Celestia, PRINCESS. CELESTIA! What’s your secret, dude!?” Spike looks at me like I have all the answers.

“You want the truth, Spike? It was all accident, and the be honest with you, half my existence in this dimension is an accident. Celestia and I went to Pinkie’s party and Celestia forgot to turn off her drunk filter and the both of us got drunk and ended up in bed, next thing you know a law comes and we both had to marry, but I guess we both loved each other any way” I say to Spike truthfully.

“Is that really what happened?” Spike asks.

“Yes and Spike, there isn’t a secret to love, no science or anything. Love is like a cutie mark, it’ll happen whenever it damn pleases, not on your will for it to happen.” I share my wisdom of love.

“But-“ Spike started.

“No buts Spike, it’s time to accept that Rarity isn’t the one for you, this has been proven many times, in my view when it comes to love, she’s as about as smart as Diamond Dog with brain damage. Think, why else would she go out with so many stallions searching for a “gentlecolt” when there’s been one dragon who’s been that all this time for years and still hasn’t Rarity noticed this. It’s time you let her go Spike and if she does ending up crawling back to you, well that’s too bad for her, she had forever to go out with you” I give my two bits on what Spike should do.

“But who will I love then?” Spike asks

“Who knows? But it is not Rarity and it has pained Rainbow and I as much as all the other elements have besides Rarity to watch this but I was Pinkie Promised not to tell Rarity or you, this cannot go on any longer. Who knows who it will be Spike but until you give up on Rarity, you’re going to be crying and going to be in pain for a long time” I say to him

It was getting dark and no doubt Twilight is wondering where Spike is, time to get my pained brother home. (Hey, when there is few stallions as it is, every stallion is a brother)

“Come on Spike, let’s go back home, Twilight’s gonna be worried sick and ground you or something” I say to him after a while.

“Well that doesn’t really-“ Spike starts.

“I’ll vouch for you, if she has problems with it than she can suck it” I interrupted.

We walked all the way to the front part of Twilight’s castle when Spike stopped me.

“What is it Spike?” I ask the dragon.

“Look, I know you hate Twilight but there’s something I must tell you Jason, I was told not to tell but since you helped me…realize things, I feel I need to tell you” Spike says.

“Then what is it?” I ask him.

“Twilight…was the one who saved you from falling to your doom after you landed on your head, she felt really guilty and cried for a bit after you were in hospital” Spike confesses.

“What?” I ask

“Twilight thought you’d never wake up and it ate her for days, she thought she’d never see you forgive her and…” Spike says before trailing off.
“Enough Spike, perhaps it’s time to fulfill her wish” I say.

The pair of us walked to the through the castle doors, I have never really been in here, it kind of looks too crystally for my tastes (Look at me, judging harmony’s work) anywho, we knocked at Twilight’s door and she came out looking at Spike directly.

“Do you have any idea how worried I’ve been?” She looks at Spike with daggers.

“But--!” Spike went to protest

“In bed, now!” Twilight says.

Spike goes past her into bed but I need to do this.

“Twilight” I announce my clearly unnoticed presence

“…Hello Jason, what do you need?” Twilight tries to be calm about this.

“Two things, is there a place the two of us can have a friendly chat?” I ask.

“Oh um…three rooms down the right is a perfect spot” Twilight said as she was taken aback

So I followed Twilight into that room, if all went right then I’d say the pair of us will leave happier. It was just a place with chairs and such, Twilight really needs to start making use out of some of these rooms.

“Okay, Jason, what is it you want to talk about” Twilight says
“Well first, I was kind of the reason Spike got back so late” I started off with.
“Why?” Twilight asks.
“He finally asked Rarity out, it didn’t go so well, poor drake was crying his eyes out so I talked to him, oh yeah, I’d keep an eye on him for the next few days if I were you” I explained why.
“I see, perhaps I should go talk to Rarity tomorrow” Twilight says more to herself
“Just as long as it doesn’t end up making it worse” I say to her

Alright the next thing I wanted to talk about.

“Okay, so I am going to ask you a question and I want it answered honestly” I say to Twilight

“I see no reason to lie” Twilight says.

“That day I was pushed off, did you really save me from falling further?” I asked.

“I did” Twilight answers

“Thank you for that but also, honestly, when you get close to death I’ve been thinking maybe I should fix a few things and one of those things is our…dislike for each other, to be fair it was a little justified both sides-“ I thanked her and moved on to what I really wanted to say.

“Was it about the whole “trying to find out everything about you” thing?” Twilight asks.

“Only part of it, it’s just that back then, you showed not a bit of remorse, you kind of creeped me out and I had watched plenty of horror movies before whatever got me here happened. To be honest, maybe I should have gone about a better way of telling you I wasn’t your science project other than kicking you in the lower parts and running” I said fairly

“I was wrong to have treated it like Celestia’s project, I was young and foolish back then when everything was all about the next book and project” Twilight says.

“Then why not start over? Let’s forget three years ago of staring at each other like maniacs. I’ll start, My name is Jason Anderson.” I say to Twilight

Twilight looked at me for a bit, I hope she had got what I was implying but then started to speak.

“My name is Twilight Sparkle, would you like to be my friend?” She asks.
“I would be delighted to be your friend, Twilight Sparkle.” I say to her.

And that’s how Equestria…..um I mean that’s how Twilight and I became friends…THE END...of the chapter, what? Did you think it was the end of the story, really?

Author's Note:

Okay so you know Last chapter when I said a certain Orange pegasus being uselessly there, I MEANT FLASH FREAKING SENTRY! Geez how did so many of you think Scootaloo? I make a fic where Rainbow is a bro and you'd think I would do that to Scoots? You guys are sadists! Well maybe I should have been more clear, you'd think being at University would make you do such things in real life.

But anywho, yay a lovely friendly chapter, maybe i should of put a friendship letter in there somewhere...oh well too late now.

PreviousChapters Next