• Published 6th Oct 2015
  • 15,042 Views, 342 Comments

So you are suddenly a soon-to-be husband to a Sun-Goddess. - TheDawsonator1



Jason gets drunk one time at one of Pinkie's many parties. Unfortunately when he wakes up, it won't be the same again as trouble after trouble comes for him.

  • ...
105
 342
 15,042

PreviousChapters Next
A talk with Cadence...Shining Armor is just there. (Like in the show but still better than the orange pegasus that must not be named)

‘Attention! We are currently [Five Minutes] away from the Crystal Empire, please ensure you have all belongings with you before you leave the train. We thank you for riding with us and hope to see you again soon’

So it’s been two weeks later after that whole attempted stabbing at night deal. I was on the way by myself to see Princess Cadence to ask for her advice on things. Hey, I’m in love with the Princess of the Sun and I do NOT want to screw things up, so I need advice from who better than the Princess of Love?

Oh, my leg is fully healed too now, thanks for asking! Good to be able to walk without THE DAMN LEG ACTING LIKE IT’S ON FIRE! I’m sorry, it’s just pain just really annoys me okay? Usually in the angry annoying way. But yes, I was glad to be out of the hospital room, grey is depressing as fuck! Dash can back me up on that one, she’s not here with me and neither is Celestia, although don’t think I didn’t spot the undercover guards sent by Celestia. What? You thought I’d be annoyed, not really, I understand how paranoid you can get after what happened, I just pretended I didn’t see them, hey they get paid for doing their job right...slightly, who am I to stand in the way of honest day's pay?

It was also about time for a scenery change from disaster-prone Ponyville (that I love but still can be a pain sometimes) and the ever-busy Canterlot, I hear the Empire does have a good Crystal bath anyways.

So the train arrived, thankfully no Crystal paparazzi came or something. It was so…room temperature around here compared to all the snow outside the empire. Well that’s because magic and shit, something about bubble making all this temperature inhabitable. You’d think this place be all artificial but it isn’t really.

That said, there was a mix of normal ponies who came here after the Sombra incident and the Crystal ponies who are native here (Tip: Don’t ask them about their Crystal bodies, it’s rude. Also, Spike knows they aren’t edible)

Overall, it’s a nice place, especially with a heart just burning with positive energy around the place.

I got to the castle and like the rest of the empire, this place has a crystal fetish (Somepony out there has one, trust me, I know). But yes, it was quite nice and fitting unlike Twilight’s castle that seems to be rather out of place, and there’s Cadence and Shining Armor (Shining Armor I’ve never met before so yeah…)

“Princess Cadence, Prince Shining Armor” I bowed politely

I know royals generally tend to not like bowing, but my mother raised me to be a good human being damn you! And what a good mother she was, don’t think she’d agree with me marrying Celestia but oh well.

“Jason, you don’t need to bow to us” Cadence says to me much like Celestia would.

“I know, but I still am polite in my greetings in public” I reply back.

“So you are the human marrying Princess Celestia? Congratulations on that first up, and second, a pleasure to meet you, I am Shining Armor” Shining introduces himself into the conversation.

“Pleasure to meet you, you know me of course, Jason Anderson is my name” I reply back with a hand/hoofshake.

I admit that Cadence is looking good, she doesn’t look stressed or anything…at least not yet because they are apparently having a foal, maybe one day I might have a child to call my own and I will make sure when that day comes, my child gets only the best from me that he can get possible, mark my words.

“Shall we go to the dining room and converse there?” Cadence suggested.

“Sure, let’s do that, lead the way” I agree to Cadence’s suggestion.

I was following Cadence and Shining was along with me, he was a fair looking stallion, from what I heard, he’s no slouch when it comes to being a guard and military tactics, of course being the Captain of the Guard requires many skills, I think according to Twilight, his best magic is within defense, especially shields also the BBBFF thing is bleagh!

The dining room was nothing special, it does its purpose just fine, we sat down as Cadence got us something to eat, I don’t know why, but trains tend to make you hungry despite having a bar carriage.

“So, how are you doing since the incident?” Cadence asked casually.

“Alright, leg was a pain, Celestia’s paranoid about the mastermind behind the whole thing but despite that, Celestia and I are madly in love, Dash’s stab wound has stopped paining and things have hit a low on the chaos meter, which is a good thing of course” I say.

“Interesting, I am sorry not to be around during you unconsciousness, your fall impacted many security things for both Aunt Celestia and myself, but I will say that I did warn you about the nobles” Cadence says fairly/

“That’s alright, I should’ve taken a glance back in case it wasn’t Dash whom I thought it was. Although being close to death is not my idea of a fun hobby that I will be trying again any time soon” I reply back.

“You told him about our troubles with the nobles, Cady?” Shining asks her.

“In small detail, although they never went for the death thing straight up with us, but as Princess Celestia is their ultimate prize and it has been taken, I guess they were truly angered. It was a truly sad day, when nobles have finally gone so low as to flat out kill the future husband of their Princess” Cadence says sadly.

It was true what Cadence says, it was truly sad but it also angered me, can they not respect what their Princess does? They are so self-centered and feel above everypony else, even the Princesses that it disgusts me so much that were I a more violent man, I might have initiated a purge on them. Even Discord pre-reform was not so self-centered, it’s hard to imagine the nobles 1000 years back as described by history as actually being noble.

“Do you have any idea who it might be?” I ask out of curiousity.

“No, there is no noble I know that holds a special grudge for you, there is Blueblood but he is so lazy he’d never do anything he’d threaten to carry out, besides, as much of a whiner and self-centered swine, that is my cousin, he doesn’t condone murder as a viable method” Cadence says

“Any really violent types?” I ask Shining.

“I advise you not to rule out Blueblood because of how I know him, that’s unwise. As for a noble, most of them I don’t think would beneath such things if it allowed them forward, the whole point of the noble art is to be rather subtle most of the time with your attacks upon others and that makes it the problem, there’s no sore thumb” Shining answers.

“The one who tried us is still in Prison, he isn’t going out for a long time” Cadence added.

“Well that’s not really enlightening” I comment as I was kind of hoping for a lead.

Yeah, nothing was found out, Blueblood may be one but it’s just him being his bigot whiny self whenever I have encountered him, wonder if he has complained to Celestia yet? But to the next question I suppose.

“So, for my main questions, when I was with Celestia that night I was attacked, when she was really angry, she gained flames on her mane and tail and when I showed her how in love with her I was, I saw a blue aura on me while we kissed and a pink on hers, does it mean anything?” I ask my next burning question.

“For the first one, did she…do anything harsh or say anything like it that did not seem her?” Cadence asks out of concern
.
“Well she said flatout that the attacker’s scum has plagued Equestria for far too long and it took a hell of a reasoning to get her not to kill him” I answer.

“Hmmm, this could lead somewhere…” Cadence muttered.

“Cadence, dear? I think the pair of us are kind of confused here” Shining points out.

Yeah, what is Cadence thinking about that could be so worrisome?

“Talk to Luna when you get back but the natural anger is alright but she was planning to kill the hired muscle without hesitation. Jason, I think the worst case scenario is that there must be a Nightmare influence somewhere and somehow” Cadence says.

“But wasn’t Nightmare Moon destroyed by the elements?” I asked Cadence.

“Yes but Nightmare Moon was the most powerful Nightmare because she possessed Aunt Luna, but Celestia would’ve purged them after Luna departed” Cadence mutters the last bit.

Wait what? There’s more than one Nightmare? How does one deal with all of those?

“So how is there more than one?” I ask.

“Simple, they are a rare but powerful dark race, they aren’t too sentient alone but inside a body they can know anything about the race they can as well as the pony and exploit all weaknesses, that’s what happened to Aunt Luna. Once inside and in control it amplifies everything that can empower it and convert it into dark energy, put that on an Alicorn and you can see why the Elements were needed” Cadence explains

Cadence seems to know a lot more than she lets on, she couldn’t have been around as long as Celestia and Luna have been.

“So, how do you know all of this?” I ask.

“Simple, I did the same thing as you Jason, I asked, a few experiences here and there helps sharpen the knowledge. But bear in mind, there shouldn’t be any Nightmares left, Celestia purged them all in a legendary anger so furious that the planet could feel her anger, this is the absolute worst case scenario and I do not believe it will happen, but it’s best to know just in case” Cadence answers.

“And the best case?” I ask.

“Hopefully she’s just still angry about what happened and she’ll calm down once justice is finally served. I see you as a bright human, if something bad does happen with Celestia, I hope you do what’s right in that situation” Cadence advises.

It’s then I notice Cadence is much wiser than ponies make her out to be, she’s just not the “extra” Princess before the Empire or just the Crystal Empire’s Princess, she has wisdom, experience and behind a pretty face, she knows more things about the behaviours of ponies than normal. It kind of makes me respect her.

“What about the latter part of my question? The Blue and Pink aura thing we had when Celestia and I kissed” I ask them.

Cadence and Shining Armor smiled at the same time.

“A most wonderful thing Jason, it’s a signal when the pair of you are truly in love.” Shining says with a smile.

“What?” I said in confusion.

“It’s an Alicorn thing, when the Alicorn and his/her partner are in true love, a powerful blue and pink aura go around the couple. This power is how Shining and I repelled Queen Chrysalis from our wedding” Cadence explains.

“So that Aura was by Celestia, which was by Celestia and I’s love?” I ask Cadence.

“Shining also felt the magic, as it’s magic forms by two ponies, I’d be willing to bet that despite your race’s inability to do any magic of any kind, it may be possible for you to have some here, either that or Celestia’s magic seems to be have compensated for your lack of magic” Cadences says.

“Well that seems interesting, it would be cool if I could do magic” I say.

Suddenly Imagine magic coming out of my hands like a laser and going all like PACHEW!

“Is there anything else that needs to be discussed?” Cadence asked me finally after a bit of imagination.

“No, no there isn’t, thank you, Princess Cadence” I decide to end the conversation.

“Just Cadence is fine, when you marry Aunt Celestia, you’re in my family, Celestia and Luna’s family too. I wish you good luck until the next time we meet” Cadence said goodbye as we stood up and towards the door.

“Are you sure you don’t want to stay here?” Shining asks.

“Nah, I think the Cakes have missed my presence for long enough and knowing Pinkie, she has a party all set up, haven’t been back in Ponyville for a good month.” I say to Shining.

“Well, if you ever need a bro talk Jason, feel free to come talk to me, you may need it” Shining says as I go to leave.

“I will if I need it, thanks for the talk and goodbye for now” I say as I leave.

It was a productive talk for me, but I was going to stay for a day here but I decided it’s best if I go back to Ponyville. Besides, the place may be crazy but it’s home, has been for about 3 years.

Now I feel so nostalgic I’m going to start looking through the Equestria photo albums when I get back, well time to go home…

Author's Note:

Personally I like Cadence when she's more wiser, I just don't agree with the show's way of potraying her.

PreviousChapters Next