• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 3,854 Views, 4 Comments

It Came from the Mysterious Beyond - Jongoji245



When Dapplewood mysteriously disappears, our heroines (and hero's) must trust a stranger.

  • ...
5
 4
 3,854

Epilogue: Peaceful Valley

A few weeks have come and gone and a lot has happened since then.

With his newfound ability to speak, Thud was able to convince Principal Luna and Vice Principal Luna that he can be a model student. The two principals, having dealt with this twice now, merely shrugged and stamped an approval letter. He has also taken a job at the Flim Flam Brother’s pawn shop, much to a few of his friend’s dismay. With that in mind, he was officially allowed into the apartment. School rumors have it that both Thud and Aria have had cuddle time, but not a word has gotten out of Sonata. He still had a few acts of rage, but not enough to be a threat.

Dapplewood still hoped to one day return to the world of the dinosaurs, maybe introduce Golden Caramel to the group. Dapplewood even talked about it to his parents, only to get a good laugh. All over his wall were drawings of the gang of seven, including himself and his friends in dinosaur form. He did notice, however, that his brother has been away for longer periods of time than usual. The last few nights he heard the front door open, heavy sounding steps going up the stairs and into the room next to him. Early the next morning, he would wake up and leave the house.

On Saturday, Dapplewood found a very spruced up Cosgrove washing dishes while a crockpot full of kale and bison stew warmed up beside him.

“Oh hi, Dapplewood.” Cosgrove greeted before licking his chops and continued cleaning. After a long silence, “Uhm… Applejack’s having a get together later today if you wanna come over.”

Cosgrove twisted his body to look at Dapplewood joining his index fingers before making a walking motion.

“Sure," - Cosgrove chuckled - "Golden Caramel would love to come.”

Hopping into the car, they drove to Golden Caramel's house. With the condition from her mother that she be home by sundown, the deaf girl joined them. Dapplewood looked out the window as they passed the alley, the portal was no longer there. It was noon when they have arrived at Sweet Apple Acres. Cosplay walked away from the two younger children.

“Now," - Cosgrove unloaded the crockpot from his car - "I need to help them set up, stay together okay?”

Dapplewood nodded before he and Golden Caramel walked towards the barn. When Cosgrove sat the crockpot on the table, he saw Applejack walk up to him and tipped her hat. Cosgrove returned with an A-Okay hand signal.

Dapplewood and Golden Caramel walked around, taking a look at the rather amazing sight for a family consisting mostly of young adults. Though they have livestock, the scent was that of apples, giving the farm a very tidy reputation.

“This tree sweet juice is delicious!”

Dapplewood stopped dead in his tracks at the familiar voice. He turned and found a boy his age with brown hair, and, like Chelsey, had piebald skin. Next to him was a girl with similar colorations to Pinkie and a dark violet boy with red eyes.

“Amazing how they make it as water it is.” Ruby added

The boy next to them was just finishing off a batch of chicken wings.

“Hmmm…." - Chomper liked his lips, leaving behind a red stain - Spicy….”

The three children noticed Dapplewood walking up to them with a grimace on his face.

“So that’s what you look like beyond the Mysterious Beyond.” Answered Littlefoot

Dapplewood’s slightly agape mouth began drawing in a smile. He immediately hugged the longneck who then gave a good laugh along with Chomper and Ruby.

As the day progressed, music began to play as The Rainbooms, the Maximals, The Crusaders, The Dazzlings, and Big Mac watched on as the group of five children went deeper into the orchard.

And with the combined help of the Equestrian and Human worlds, Littlefoot the Long Neck, Cera the Three Horn, Ducky the Swimmer, Petrie the Flyer, Spike the Spiketail, Chomper the Sharptooth, Ruby the Fast Runner, and Dapplewood the Human could come and visit their new worlds.

Littlefoot

I can't wait to see you


Petrie

See you


Ducky

See you


Cera, Ducky, and Spike’s head pop out of the bushes


Chomper

What's up, today?


Above them Petrie was on the branches of an apple tree shaking them, making loose leaves and blossoms fall.


Cera

Can you hear me calling?


Petrie

Calling


Ducky

Calling


Ruby

It's time, to play


Petrie vaulted himself off the tree and started running ahead of the group as they ran with him.


One by one they dive into a lake, which Dapplewood notices has a bright shine to the lake as each of his friends jumped in. Golden Caramel shies a little.


Littlefoot and Cera

Every cloud in the sky, green leaf on a tree

is reminding me, far away dreams really do come true


Dapplewood grabbed her hand and together they hopped into the pool. The magic changed Dapplewood back into a Pachycephalosaurus and Golden Caramel into a Maiasaura.


Together (Sans Spike, Dapplewood, and Golden Caramel)

Come on, let's go, let's go

and run around, run around

What a beautiful feeling we finally found

A peaceful valley

and everybody's having a good time now


At instrumental interlude, Littlefoot and the gang are joined by a few others Dapplewood wasn’t introduced. Those being Ali, Shorty, Guido, Rhett, Skitter and Lizzy. At a river, they saw Mo jump and laugh.


Shorty

Sun sets and rises


Guido

Rises


Mo

Rises


Ali

Plenty of things to see


Dapplewood suddenly fell back as Cera’s relatives Tricia, Dinah, and Dana bumped into him.


Cera

Everyday surprises


Lizzy

-prises


Skitter

-prises


Rhett

Sneaking up on you and me


Golden Caramel was sniffing an exotic flower before it was bolted down by Tippy.

The Bright Circle began to set as the large group of children were walking together.


Littlefoot and Cera

As we go to and fro

let sweet harmony flow

We're having fun now

Sky's so blue

And our dreams really do come true


Together (Sans Spike, Dapplewood, and Golden Caramel)

Yeah, let's go

and run around, run around

What a beautiful feeling we finally found

A peaceful valley

and everybody's having a good time now


The group of young dinosaurs clustered together on a large hill overlooking the valley.

“Dapplewood, Goldy!" The children turned to Cosgrove's voice in the distance "It’s time to come home!!”

Dapplewood repeated that in sign language before he and Golden Caramel began their trek down.

“Seeya, Dapplewood!” Said Petrie

“Bye!” Said Ducky

“See ya!” Said Cera

“Tell Applejack thanks for the food!” Said Chomper

“Goodbye, my friends, my friends, goodbye!” Said Ruby


Together (Offscreen, Sans Spike, Dapplewood, and Golden Caramel)

Come on, let's go, let's go

and run around, run around

What a beautiful feeling we finally found

A peaceful valley

and everybody's having a good time now


And before long, Dapplewood and his friends met up often. Back again and again, each visit their own adventure, the tale of his journey through The Land Before Time.

Author's Note:

Thank you so much for reading this! Right now it's my third Top Story on Fimfiction.

In memory of James Horner (1953 - 2015)

I have an Audacity File that combines the 2 versions of "Peaceful Valley."

Comments ( 3 )

Jongoji245: why do you have this as incomplete?

6885748

I plan to redux some of the chapters here to reflect the Jongojiverse Proper (The New Timeline) sometime in the near future as I have for "The Advent of Godzilla" and "The Return of Tambelon." Hence the tag in the description: Currently listed as Incomplete as this story occurs in the Old and New Timelines (the former ending here) sometime between the Friendship Games shorts and Friendship Games itself.

In this case, chapters that do not have the parenthesis (Old Timeline) and (New Timeline) occurs in both.

Login or register to comment