• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 3,853 Views, 4 Comments

It Came from the Mysterious Beyond - Jongoji245



When Dapplewood mysteriously disappears, our heroines (and hero's) must trust a stranger.

  • ...
5
 4
 3,853

Prologue

In the beginning, it was pure darkness. Then came a spark, followed by others until the dark void become illuminated in a blue-violet color.

Things come and go, fast or slow, but the magic friendship carries on. Even the tiniest atoms share their particles with one another in harmony.

The atoms started grouping together, forming organelles, then complete eukaryotic cells, zooming outward until the finished piece comes together: a tiny mammal named Tickles.

The little mammal scampered about the thick foliage unaware that a Troodon was camouflaged.

Many Millennia ago, when the world was new, many strange creatures dominated the land.

Tickles comes across a stuck log in the middle of a river. He crosses halfway before stopping and sniffing the air. A few feet behind the Troodon creeps up to the small mammal. Just when it is about to strike, a massive ripple disturbs the log. The Troodon retreats with a screeching sound, while Tickles darts to the other side. He climbs to the top of a mangrove tree and looks up.

The mightiest of these creatures were the dinosaurs.

The source of the ripple is revealed to be a Mamenchisaurus as it feasted on the tree leaves. It was soon joined by others of it's kind.

While these awesome creatures are so unlike us, in ways, they act like us.

On field clearing, a herd of Edmontosaurus graze while occasionally bellowing out to each other.

They chatter

Far away near a misty river bed, two Pachycephalosaurus bray at each other. The opponent on the left side lowers its head and begins to charge. The other one followed suit.

They argue

Just as they butted heads, we a moved much further away again. At a barren field, a herd of mixed species stood around a lonely Pteranodon who goes by the name Pterano. At first skeptical, the leader, a Brachiosaurus, tilted his head before giving a warm smile.

They forgive

As the herd continues their journey the view pans away to a different location.

And they even form friendships

In a rocky outcrop, a young T. Rex by the name Chomper clambers onto a ledge and sniffs the air.

"Huh, I thought I would've found some Sharpteeth by now." Said the little dinosaur as he walked to a cave. "Maybe I could rest before continuing."

The infant laid down near the mouth of a cave and slept. But he was interrupted by a series of low growls. He awoke and found him face to face with a pack of Utahraptors by the name Screech, Thud, and Howler.

"Oh, I didn't know you lived here," - Chomper looks behind him before opening his scrawny arms - "but maybe we could be friends?"

The raptors kept hissing at him.

"Right, you are sharpteeth so..." The baby Rex thought for a while before letting out a small roar.

The raptors looked at each other, then began chasing Chomper out of the cave. The raptors would have been their next meal had he not escaped under a log. The baby almost fell off a cliff leading to a river. The raptors followed his scent to the exact area. However, he was directly under them. Chomper threw a pebble, getting their attention, but lead them to a hill of loose rocks. They slipped and fell into a river.

The current swept away the green raptor furthest from the pack.