• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,699 Views, 40 Comments

Sunata in C (For Champagne) - BluesyTreble



Although many prefer solitude in their darkest times, meeting someone who'll go through those struggles with them is what they truly need. Sunset Shimmer runs into an evicted Sonata Dusk. Story's after Rainbow Rocks but before Friendship Games.

  • ...
7
 40
 2,699

9 - Fast Crossing Borders

Such was the bliss of a night's sleep in someone's embrace that the pair had actually gotten up about an hour early. Realising neither girl could fall back asleep, the pair decided upon heading to school early. Besides, both had never seen how the school was like this early. Sunset figured the school would be quiet, but not eerie. The school's well-kempt gardens and bright architecture would give a certain airy persona to its morning vibe.

Sunset twiddled her thumbs, gathering her thoughts before popping the question.

I know I shouldn't be doing stuff like this.One side of her mind silently chided. Stuff like... Throwing ourselves all over each other, its been two times since I took her in! She turned to look at Sonata, her gaze coincidentally hitting the walking Siren at what she would call a "good" angle. She wore a simple skirt that ended halfway at the thigh, and one of Sunset's many jackets, this one of denim. The skirt would've fit comfortably Sunset any day, but Sonata had wider, yet toned hips, the strained fabric proving testament to that observation. The pale pink skirt highlighting her rounded, full hips while tapering further down at her smoothly shaped pale blue thighs. Sunset wanted to keep staring, but common sense made her stop and look at her own feet. A small, now suppressed part of herself wished to grab Sonata's hips, just to see what sort of expression she would have in reaction.

The ex-demoness's heart sank as she reflected on how fast her mental self-chiding had admittedly, rather funnily turned into her ogling her housemate's hips. Resolving to rack her brains for the truth once she had some time alone, she squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to clear her head.

Sonata was pretty much in the same state, absent-mindedly smoothing out her ponytail as they walked down the path to school. She knew something was amiss.


"Yes, this is Rainbow Dash, speaking on behalf of the Rainbooms' business inquiry."

The athlete leant into her seat and set her feet up on the study table, corded phone clamped between her shoulder and cheek. After a moment of pause, she withdrew her feet and sat straight up.

"I know you! Y-You're that Dazzling leader!" She snarled into the receiver. "What do you want from us, another ass-whooping?!"

"Literally? I'm sure a sportswoman like you would go pretty hard on me. Perhaps, Rainbow Dash, I might even like it."

Wincing at the sheer amount of sexual passion practically dripping from the phone, Rainbow Dash swallowed and attempted to re-assert herself, albeit with limited success.

"C-Cut it out!" She blurted. "What do you want?"

She heard the Dazzling chuckle, clear her throat, and to the star player's surprise, she heard Adagio sigh deeply before speaking again.

"Have you seen our little sister?" She heard Adagio ask. "Sonata, the blue-haired, goofy one."

"I haven't." Rainbow replied. "Missing a piece of your singing triplet, huh?" A smug smirk playing across her lips, she decided - one small cut at their battered pride wouldn't hurt. After all, they did attempt to turn the school into mindless adoring slaves. That tended to lower just about anybody's opinion of the Dazzlings drastically.

"Why?" She pushed. "Do those pathetic shards of your shattered voices still work? You gals wanna glue em' back together and hit the road again?" A derisive laugh escaped her insides. "Sure, we'll arrange for a re-match sometime soon, once we have time for your sorry otherworldly asses."

Silence.

"Look here, Rainboom. We've no powers, no magic any more, neither do we want to ever butt heads again. No purpose in chasing a beaten enemy." Curtly pursing her lips, she sighed again, and continued. "We aren't looking for a fight, Dash. We're just looking for our sister." Adagio was losing her head for patience. "I'll ask again - have you seen or heard from Sonata? She... Left home straight after the battle, and we haven't been able to find her since."

The simple honest straightforward-ness with with the lead Siren answered compelled the surprised Rainboom to clear her own throat.

"Ummmm. Yes, we've seen her. Not me, but the rest."

On the other end of the line, Adagio coiled her finger around the phone cord. "That's comforting to know, thank you, but is that all you know?"

"I do know more," Rainbow carefully answered, not sure of how to proceed. She did not want to cause her friends trouble. Although the rainbow-haired rocker wasn't what people would call "book-smart", she was mature and quick-thinking enough to know the Dazzling was earnest in her request, and given the events lately, calling the Siren's plea for help a trap wouldn't be justified. Regretting her previous spite, she decided to help - but she needed a little more help herself.

Whatever, She mentally shrugged. The rest of her friends wouldn't be delighted to be roped into this, she recalled them expressing a desire to help show the Dazzlings how the Magical essence of Friendship worked. Glancing up, the clock told her it was time for school. Dismissing the thought as to why the Dazzlings would call this early, she decided to wrap things up.

"Uh.. Could'ya leave me your number? I gotta head to school to discuss this with those who've met her, then get back to you."


A particularly powerful morning breeze ripped through the calm Canterlot air, sweeping up the dry leaves in its gentle tempest. The pair sat on a bench outside the school, Sunset listening as Sonata chattered about how lonely she felt in school when re-enrolled.

"Look, Sonata." Sunset cupped her pale blue cheeks with both hands, causing the Siren to make an involuntary fish face. "I'll see you at lunch again, I promise.

"Sunset," Sonata turned back around, her gaze strangely curious yet confused. "You... Y'know, uhh.."

"Are you going to ask me why we sleep like... That sometimes?"

The Siren felt heat rush to her face, but held her ground, letting out a normal-sounding, enthusiastic "Yup!"

She expected the question, but never thought of the answer through. She twiddled her thumbs before balling up her hands into fists. Taking in a deep breath, she swept her fiery red and yellow hair from her face.

"You know, Sonata, every time I climb into bed after you, you sorta pull me in."

The aforementioned blinked twice. "I sorta had an idea I do that, but never really was clear it happened here." She dared not release her bottled up giggle. While the pair were pretty liberal with each other in such a short span of time, Sonata was never confident in going ahead with assumptions. She instead chose to give a small smile.

"I know you hug back though," Sonata began. "Any explanations?"

"Well, it's just that- ugh!" Sunset didn't bother to hide her own blush. She knew that if she lied or gave a different reason, the nights she had enjoyed would most definitely feel different, and not in a good way.

"It's just that when I'm being pulled into bed, you're so warm and firm and soft, and I just feel like putting my arms around you. Like y'know, snuggle up and stuff. I sorta really like it." This was her real reason, straight from her heart. But without adding anything to substantiate, she knew the reasoning she provided had a possibility of being seen as some dismissive reason she gave to get things done with. Digging deeper into her heart, she enlightened herself by speaking straight from there.

"I cuddle up to you, because it's really comforting." It had been less than a week since Sonata came to join her, hardly enough time to make an educated conclusion, but from what she learnt about herself in their time together, she was undeniably attracted to the Siren.

"I just feel that you're sort of someone I want to sit down and talk and bond with. Like, get real close, then have fun together, but be there for each other when things pop up."

"You're saying you like me?"

Sunset nearly choked on her saliva. "Yea-n-no!" Her previous blush now felt as if it had burst, releasing white-hot heat into the insides of her cheeks and forehead.

"So which is it, Sunny?" Sonata had now a playful smile on her full lips, her eyes locked with Sunset's.

Sighing deeply, the latter sighed.

"Yes, I do. I didn't really think much of you during the Battle, or when I showed you girls around. But ever since you joined me in my apartment, I've sorta always felt that I wanted to be something more than friends or housemates, and I guess I didn't mind the two cuddle-incidents because I wanted to feel as if we two were that "something more", but now since you asked, yeah. Here you go."

She didn't stop there.

"Maybe you feel a little something as well, do you?" She dared to ask. "You didn't seem to mind then, or last night. I know we're taking things a little too fast here, bu-"

She didn't finish her sentence, for the Siren had pulled her head in.

She gasped as Sonata planted her lips on to hers. It wasn't a long kiss, nor was it small in comparison. She couldn't resist but exhale sharply after their lips pressed and parted, her heart feeling as if it had been dropped and flung upwards back into position again, beating with an intensity and speed she hadn't even felt during her time with Flash. Her cheeks burning, she felt another sensation grow, a tingling down there as the Siren continued her assault, tracing smaller, more brief kisses all the way down her neck. Sunset could only arch her back and let her head fall backwards, all the while letting a deep moan escape through her closed lips as her hair cascaded down over her back. Recovering enough to bite her lip and wink back at the grinning Siren, she pushed Sonata flat on her back onto the bench and straddled her captive, leaning down for another kiss, this time her heart melting, her eyes sliding closed in pure bliss as she felt a pair of arms snake past her sides to connect at the small of her back in a loose embrace.

Author's Note:

The chapter's title stems from me having to add a sex tag now.