• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,699 Views, 40 Comments

Sunata in C (For Champagne) - BluesyTreble



Although many prefer solitude in their darkest times, meeting someone who'll go through those struggles with them is what they truly need. Sunset Shimmer runs into an evicted Sonata Dusk. Story's after Rainbow Rocks but before Friendship Games.

  • ...
7
 40
 2,699

8 - Recalling To Realise

"Hi, are you the girls I'm supposed to show around?"

"We are." Answered Adagio, who stood between her and Aria.

"Canterlot High is a great school. You're really gonna love it." The girl who was to give them a tour of the school turned on her heel and strode down the halls, glancing left and right, perhaps looking for features to point out and introduce.

"Oh, yes. We really sense there's something... Magical about this place."

There's something magical about you too, she mused, eyes practically glued on her guide's hips. They seemed to sway with every step, although it was obvious this was not done on purpose. Gaze upward-panning, her eyes drifted up from her orange skirt and rested on the dull gleam of the girl's leather jacket, her shoulders draped with red-yellow hair that gave her an almost fiery look.

"Shoot!" She almost tore her gaze away too late when their guide turned to talk to them about the science labs, the entire group never breaking stride;' the whole time. When she sneaked another look from behind her fringe, she was surprised to find that, despite the black-biker leather and fiery hair, her facial features were soft. Her wide and expressive bright-aqua eyes enthusiastically darted from one Dazzling to the other. They briefly made eye-contact, and the figurative contact sent a jolting spark down her spine, reverberating to quicken her heartbeat, the sensation the first in many centuries.

The girl made her want to bend the school's will with their song even more. To have her under their spell had become the main source of motivation regarding the now increasingly mundane task absorbing the school's energy.


Wrapping up the flashback, never would she have expected to be right now, walking beside that very same girl, the pair idly strolling down the slightly crumbled sidewalk, the early evening sun painting the sky an almost-pastel dark pink, and yet drenching the town in a warm, intimate yet powerful yellow.

Turning, Sonata saw that Sunset Shimmer had her hair swept over one shoulder, its shadow cast across one side of her face and highlighting her facial features.

"Sunset?" The Siren had nothing to say to her now-close friend, but was curiously compelled to call out her name anyway. Sunset turned with a soft "hmm?" that sent the same sensation she had still not gotten used to. Ever since she crashed with Sunset in her apartment that night, that sensation incessantly threatened her undoing. She had always managed to prevent it from growing into a blush, but there were a few occasions she had to hide the unfortunate face-reddening, a very obvious thing to notice when one had pale blue skin.

She wasn't the total airhead many thought of her too. Her experience told her to play the awkwardness. Mischievously reaching out, she playfully ruffled her companion's hair, letting out a soft giggle as Sunset yelped in surprise and annoyance.

"Eeep!" She ducked as Sunset made for a grab, as her giggle exploded into laughter, she casually swatted at Sunset from behind-

-and gasped when her poorly-aimed back of the hand swung low to meet Sunset's bum, eliciting a small 'smack' and a shocked squeal from her accidental butt-swat victim.

"Ah!"

Sunset promptly straightened up and tensed, her facial expression one of great astonishment, with a hint of embarassment. Sonata stared at Sunset, pretty much shocked herself. She had not intended for things to go there yet.

"I didn't mean it, Sunset!" Sonata began, wringing her hands in clear distress and looking down as another embarassing blush began to heat its way across her cheeks. "I just-"

"Did you just..." A grin stretched across her lips to reveal her teeth. "Oh, you!" Sunset's eyebrows arced down in mischief as she swiftly worked her way behind Sonata to draw back her hand to give the Siren a much harder smack, her grin threatening to split her lips as Sonata issued her own squeal.

Sunset met Sonata's pout with her own smug gaze and folded arms. "If you didn't want your bum slapped, maybe you shouldn't have did so to me in the first place!"

Relieved that she didn't manage to come off as creepy or perverse, Sonata was only too happy to banter back.

"Well, if you didn't want YOUR bum slapped, maybe you shouldn't have stuck it out so far in the first place!"

"Jeez!" Sunset placed her hands on her hips in mock exasperation. "I took you to Sugarcube Corner, Nata. And all I get is my poor butt slapped and to make things worse, you complain that is sticks out?" She shook her head, her red-yellow curls gently following her head movement. "I'm not so sure if I want to take you there anymore now." She added sternly.

Immediately her tenant Siren began to quiver her lower lip and open her eyes wide.

"Don't give me that face, Sonata, it won't work on me."

"I'M SORRY SUNSET!" Sonata began to bawl. "I WANNA GO BACK TO SUGARCUBE CORNER!"

The sudden change in mood caused Sunset's expression to soften.

"H-hey!" Half-amused and half-appalled, she held Sonata's face between her palms and nervously blurted. "I-I was only kidding!"

Between sobs, the Siren softly croaked a wet-sounding "For Realzies?"

"Honest!"

She began to relax. "B-b-but you made it look s-so real!"


Other than at slumber parties, all of which she attended were at Pinkie's, Sunset had never wore her pajamas, instead opting for a simple tee-shirt and sports shorts. Sonata apparently didn't mind, as she wore her borrowed clothes without complaint. Either that or she was still uncomfortable sharing the apartment. That wouldn't have fully explained their first night though.

Maybe she does that in her sleep, like, involuntary cuddling. Sunset attempted to conclude, then quietly had a small laugh at the thought of Sonata's surly sisters grumbling if they were to share a bed. Sleeping alone was Sunset's norm, but she couldn't deny she slept really well that night, having a warm, smooth body to snuggle up to.

Rubbing her hair with her towel, she had chosen to complete her homework first before showering for the night, the smell of her soap and shampoo comforting her and lulling her into drowsiness.

Climbing into bed, the same thing happened as the first night - Sonata's seemingly-sleeping form received her again, gently pulling her into the covers. Sunset felt a soft yet firm thigh drape across her hip again, only this time the thigh slid its way up and down her torso several times, causing an involuntary blush in the ex-demoness. She slowly started to close her eyes, when her own gasp interrupted the process as she felt her bed-mate's face bury itself in her recently-washed hair. She felt Sonata take a long sniff.

"Mmmmm..." She heard Sonata purr, her voice low and sleepy. "You smell so good, Sunny...."

Sunset couldn't care less about waking the Siren. Simply following her instincts, she flipped so that she was facing Sonata, and pulled the bundle of smooth warmth towards herself, slipping her arms around Sonata's torso and snuggling her own head into the crook of her bed-mate's neck once again.

Blushing again as Sonata let out a contented sigh in her sleep, Sunset couldn't help but smile in the darkness of the room they shared, and Sunset would find herself hoping that they would share it for a long time to come, for nights like this simply brought about the best damn sleeps.