• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 15,987 Views, 1,780 Comments

Of Flame and Shadow - Garuda IV



Dark Flame was a young stallion of the mining village, Stonewall. But after a dragon thought to be of myth attacks, Dark becomes the only survivor and now attempts to remake his life. However, his past isn't willing to let him go so easily.

  • ...
78
 1,780
 15,987

PreviousChapters
Epilogue

Far, far away, two powerful beings resided. One was a scaleless female serpentine dragon, her light-tan skin and hair appearing as though it were shifting like sand. The other was a scaleless male serpentine dragon as well, his skin and hair appearing as though it were made up of galaxies, nebulas, and the darkness of space. From their place there, the two watched as Dark and Twilight held their newborn filly, Eventide. Smiling at the heartwarming scene, the female coiled up as she rested against the other's side.

"I really am happy for them, Locus," she sighed blissfully.

"As am I, Tempus. After everything that he's been though, the young stallion deserves this," he agreed.

Tempus nodded and frowned. "What he didn't deserve was for what happened to his brother."

"I know," Locus sighed. "But it's thanks to him that we now know where Nil has hidden himself all these millennia."

"To think he was hiding all the way over there in that one. For a creature that was knocking on Nocturne's doorstep, he was able to get quite far."

Locus nodded darkly. "He may have escaped once, but he won't be so lucky a second time."

"But can we really rely on just Dark?" Tempus questioned. "I know that he'll become incredibly powerful in time, even by our standards, but it's going to take more than that to stop Nil for good."

"I agree. Which is why when the time is right, Dark will battle Nil..."

With a wave of Locus' claw, two more images appeared. One showing a stallion sealed in a floating red crystal tied down to the ground by golden chains, the other of a human male teenager, breathing peacefully as he sat at the bottom of a large swimming pool.

"... and he won't be going alone."

Author's Note:

To know of what's to come, check out my newest blog post for more details.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 81 )

oh god. THIS WILL BE AWESOME!

Oh my god. The next stories will be SO AWESOME! I can't wait! When will this next story come out?

Is a reference to the legend of Zelda, what I just read?

Great fucking job bro. Sad to see this end but i look forward to the sequel and what you do next!

hmmmmm i seens BIG things will hapen and why duse i have an feling that the othere two is dark but othere realitys.......

but it's going to be intresting to read the new chapter you have instore for us all and good luck

7996422 Minutes. Thank you for bringing that up.

Hmm... I wonder...

And so the story comes to a close, but the adventures are just beginning... but who are the two that were shown in the images? We'll just have to see...

You've made an amazing story, and I look forward to the sequel!

By god, this was an amazing story from beginning to end. Definitely one of my personal favorites. I tip my hat to you.

media.tenor.co/images/83e9f264560cb0f7347e86610d9fb318/raw

Now for the ending....
cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder336/60017336.jpg

Definitely looking forward to what will happen next. Kudos to you, man! Peace!

Bravo. I take back what I said before. Sorry for ever doubting you. You have earned the favorite I'm giving this story. Well done

7996950 Thank you, and please know that I never took any offense to it.:twilightsmile:

So, Mr. Garuda was it? How do you feel about finally completing Of Flame and Shadow?

Also, Thank you for this amazing journey. I started reading this story when there were only around 40 chapters. You have made this story come a long way. Giving this a favorite and a like!
Thank you and may my moonlight guide you on your next journey.

SEQUEL NOW:flutterrage:

7997226 Honestly, I feel kinda torn about this. While I am happy that I've competed it and that it was a success, I'm also sad that after spending so much time with it that the story is now over.

SEQUEL OR RIOT!

this is one of the funniest stories I have the honor of reading thank you for making this and I can't wait for the sequel

I'm finally was able to finish this story, and I got to say it was one of the greatest stories I readed. Now there's a sequel hopefully coming out, I'm looking forward to reading it.

7997395
I know that you are planning to do a sequel. Do you think that it is going to have a lot of chapters? Many views?

7998596 Considering that I intend on it having less words per chapter, I highly doubt that it'll be anywhere close to as long as Of Flame and Shadow is. As for how many views? I can't say. We'll just have to wait and see.

this was a EPIC story :rainbowwild:

oh god!!! Spoiler Alert!!! I LOVE IT!!!! PINKIE, SHUT UP!!!!

When is the next one coming out?

8002041 With how motivated I've been, I'm considering releasing it some time this week.:pinkiehappy:

YAY!!!!!! PINIKE PIE, SHUT THE !@&(#$^@ UP!!!!

This story looks good. Starting to read now!

Hmmm. . .The pony chained down. And the. . .Displaced uuuuummm Human?

I am saving this last chapter you made, Garuda, until the sequel comes out.

It's like the last slice of cake.
Except, it's all yours... :trixieshiftright:

8022535 You might wanna finish that last chapter actually. The next story's coming out tomorrow. It's going to be separate from Of Flame and Shadow, but will converge later on in their conjoined sequel.

8022714 ... oh sh*t that's today! OH SH*T...
too bad i didn't get back on till now... rip

Edit: I FINISHED THE STORY... I need to read the other now..

This is quite honestly one of the best stories I have ever read on this site.
Granted, I'm a little hyped up from having just finished the ending, but still.
A few times I thought the dialogue could've been edited to seem more realistic, but other than that, no complaints.
You've earned a like, a fav, AND a follow. Awesome job!

I can't believe I made it through 846k ponywords in 2 days :twilightoops: great story

8091205 I know how you feel
Did that too and still do when reading something else long

Oh my lord the view count is 666 coincidence or nah.

I believe that the second person who Locus and Tempus mentioned is Percy Jackson from Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief but I have no clue who the first guy is.

So... 3 or 4 so sequels... first is Of Heaven and Earth, second is about the Human, third or the last one, they manage to find each other or already in a team and already fighting nil... I must say... wow... and somehow I read the sequel first before this... Luna damn me... still, awesome story.

My life is now dull and empty now that I've finished reading this. It was a great Four days of reading.

So Of Heaven and Earth is another sequel yet different iteration of Of Flame and Shadow with Sol as the second pony/Kirin and the third a human teenager within a different EG universe. I see how this will go

8239375
I just did, and it was delicious

8239796 I just reread the epilogue and I'm so glad I did because I just got that

I have to say this is one of the best stories I've ever read, even those in print. A fantastic balance of plot and detail, as well as extremely addictive. I can't tell you how many late nights this story gave me. I look forward to reading more of your works.

Well this story was badass, with much more to come it would seem, it couldn't come fast enough:fluttercry:
Bravo my friend!

8328253
Yeah, Déjà Vü is weird like that.

Hey I just realized that this is the 35th longest book on this site. Congratulations! :twilightsmile:

8162455
Notice how she did not say it was the Biggest One :pinkiecrazy:

8378989
...why did you have to point that out? I don’t think I can’t sleep tonight now!

I don't know which thing you're referencing with the crystal, but you're really crossing over with Percy Jackson and the whatchamacallits?

Oh, I see. You're also the author of that other story with the better spelling. Nice.

8502539 To be honest, that thing with Percy Jackson and the pool was just a coincidence. And if I remember the movie correctly, Percy was just holding his breath while underwater and not actually breathing in it like this person.

Login or register to comment