• Published 22nd Nov 2015
  • 925 Views, 19 Comments

A Little Bit of Colour - IMNOTHERE889



When somepony else's life is dark and gray, it's up to you to bring a little color into it.

  • ...
5
 19
 925

A New Arrival

Author's Note:

Tell me of any mistakes I made.
This chapter is way overdue. I'm sorry. The chapters are going to take longer to come out because I have two other stories I'm working on as well as this. Again, I'm sorry, but, just stay patient..
Oh yeah, I have the next chapter entirely planned out. It might be longer, it might be shorter. Who knows!

You wake up to the peaceful sound of some birds tweeting, having a conversation only they could understand. You open your eyes, and see half of your body hanging off the bed.you turn over so that you're facing the wall closest to your bed, and you bring your body back onto the bed. You snuggle deeper into your bed and blanket, almost not wanting to open your eyes again. You hear hoofsteps coming from the stairs, and they slowly get louder as they get closer, like how a... Uh... Manticore rubs its belly! Yeah, that's... Totally.. A proper... Thing. Ahem.

As the hoofsteps grew louder, you snuggled into your bed even more and groaned unhappily, much like how a foal would when they don't want to get up for school in the morning. As the hoofsteps inevitably reached the top, AKA teh room you were in, you steeled yourself for the motherly voice you've dreamt about for so long.

"No, mom.... Just five more... Minutes..." You say, hoping that your mom wouldn't throw off your blanket in a silly attempt to get you out of bed.

"We're having breakfast soon. Get up or you'll miss it," you hear a deadpan voice say, completely unlike the voice you've dreamt about for so long. Your eyes snap open immediately, and you look over to the owner of the voice. You see Maud standing there, expressionless as always, obviously waiting for you to get out of bed to come join the family for breakfast. You shout out of surprise and fall out of the bed, landing on the hard wooden boards beneath. You land on one of the most sensitive parts of your body; a wing. This is unfortunate, due to the fact that wings are very fragile; mare's wings more so than stallions. But, that still doesn't mean stallion's wings aren't sensitive. You even heard once that princess wings are the most fragile out of them all.

You shout out in pain as your wing gets caught under the weight of your body. You weren't that heavy, but you weren't that light either. So, you felt your wing get crushed; you swear you heard the bones breaking. So, you quickly turn over and examine your wing. Many feathers stood out of place; some even broken in half. You felt pain when you tried to fold your wing back in place, so you groan because of it, and you sigh unhappily.

"Great... Now I can't fly for a while..." during the hassle, you had completely forgotten about the fact that Maud was still there, watching the ordeal. Well, nopony can blame you, your wings were the things that made a Pegasus a Pegasus. Your knowledge of Maud being there was thrown out the window after your little fall. You carefully get up, making sure not to brush your still outstretched and now injured wing against your bed.

"Hey, let me see that." You jump out of surprise at the voice of the mare present. This caused your wing to rub ferociously against the wall, so you scream out in pain. The pain seemed like too much, and you could feel tears welling up in your eyes. You didn't bother trying to stop them, and you let them flow out while the pain slowly subsided.

"Calm down, it's alright." Maud's voice was gentle, caring, compassionate, yet, she still managed to maintain the deadpan-ness for the most part. You close your eyes and sob, frustrated about how the morning has been, no matter how little time you've been awake so far. Your eyes open up when you feel hooves and legs wrap around your neck. You see purple, and you recognize it to be Maud's mane, and you instantly start blushing, and you subconsciously gain a cute surprised face. Her touch is so gentle, and her mane is so silky. Her forelegs around you create a warmth; not the horrible unwelcoming warmth, but, a calming warmth that soothes you to the very core. Maud shifts her position, and you feel a pressure by the base of your wing. I... Is she massaging my wing? you Blush even harder at the thought.

You feel her delicately examine your wing, making sure not to be rough with it as not to hurt you even more. Her gentle touch soothes you, and you smile happily and close your eyes as she continued her examination. She carefully folds your wing back to the side, managing not to hurt you in the process.

"You won't be able to fly with this one for about a week. Just be sure not to move it, or it will be really painful." Your eyes open up with that, and you gain a saddened look when she pulls away.

"Uhm... Thank you," you quietly say, looking to the floor. Your face was still burning with a bright red blush, and it was starting to make you sweat.

"Maud! Darling, breakfast! Get down here!" Cloudy Quartz calls down from the room below, a slight hint of impatience in her tone.

"Coming, ma," Maud calls down in a way that seems more like muttering. You get to your hooves, and follow the mare you loved so. She pateintly walks down the wtairs and heads in to the room you were called into. You and Maud walk in to see bowls practically filled to the brim with rocks. You see Limestone staring at you with the most demonic look you've ever seen.

"Hey! I made this meal, so, have fun with it!" Limestone says evilly as you take a seat. Her tone sends shivers down your spine as she says, "Its Rock Cereal. Have fun eating it!" You look down to the bowl before you, and gulp. Qt further inspection, the rock cereal isnt actually just rocks. It also had water, and that's what the rocks were floating in, causing the bowl to look like it was filled to the brim. Wait... How can rocks float?

"I'm pretty sure I can eat this," you say casually, smirking at Limestone. You bring your muzzle down to the bowl, sip up some of the rock and water, casually letting it fill your mouth. Unfortunately for you, the rocks were too big to swallow, so, you had to take extreme action! Taking in a deep breathe, you begin to start chewing on the rocks.

Well, you tried to.

Your teeth were having a tough time breaking through the rock, and you felt like you were going to lose all of your teeth by chewing them. So, you try to swallow the 'food' in your mouth in small bits, though, you did struggle getting each batch down your esophagus. You see Limestone smirk out the corner of your eye, and you quickly decide to finish you mouthful. Tears were gathering in the corners of your eyes when you finished, and you felt really relieved that that horrible experience was over.

"Well, that breakfast was really nice and all, but, I, ah... Need to do something! Yeah, that's, totally... What I... Ahem," you say, before quickly running off to your room, to try and recover from the horrible breakfast experience you just had. You fell onto your bed, and didn't even bother to change your position after falling onto it. Quickly feeling tired, you just closed your eyes and rolled with it.


You were asleep until about noon, and it was one of the best naps you've ever had, and you haven't had a lot. You woke up because of some loud rqpping at the front door of the house, and, you felt inside that the pony wanting to get in was going to break down the door. You groaned before sitting up in your bed, pressing your forehooves against your back and strestcing it out. You smack your lips before rearing up onto the ground and landing on all fours. You groggily walk down the stairs, happy that you were able to hold onto the barrier that seperated you from the small fall below. You wouldn't be able to help yourself due to your wing, and, you were still groggy as all heck.

You see Limestone get to the door before you, and you see a pink pony with a poofy pink mane and tail standing outside with a genuine smile. She looks... kind of familiar. The mare hopped in and hugged an irritated Limestone, who pushed away instantly and grunted, "Not when others are watching, Pinkie!"

You mouth the name as you process it, and a confused look crosses your face for a second before you realize who this mare is.

You trot down the remainder of the stairs and she notices you almost instantly. She waves at you energetically, "Hi there! Who are you?"

"I'm Checker," you state, reaching out your hoof to the mare. "Are you the mare known as Pinkie Pie?"

She gasped, bringing a hoof up to her mouth, "Are you psyichic?"

You chuckle. "No, but I have heard Rainbow Dash talking about you. I think I saw you passing through the Rainbow Factory once, sometime around the Young Fliers competition, but, I'm unsure," you state, running a hoof through your mane.

"Oh! What did Dashie say about me??" she asked, her energy seeming to make you energetic inside as well.

"She said that you were the best party planner in Equestria, of course!" you say matter-of-factly, giving her a wink and a swing of your arm, as if you were doing a salespony slogan. Pinkie gasped, and smiled widely. Cloudy Quartz and Igneous Rock was walking towards the entrance area, presumably to greet their daughter. But where is Maud?

The thought went right out of the window when you saw her enter after the pink pony, and you breathe out a sigh of relief. Maud looked the same as she always did: monotone yet still beautiful. Pinkie hugged her older sister before the parents spoke up.

"Dear Pinkamena, what brings you back home?" Igneous asked, giving Pinkie a worried look. Pinkie's happy smile was replaced with one of stress.

"A lot of stressful things have happened lately at Ponyville: a whole lot of orders have come in, way too many for the Cakes and I to finish quickly. And, another thing... my crush has lost his memory and now thinks he's a baby. I've been taking care of him but the stress is just.. Aghfjdkkfll." Pinkie slumps down onto the floor and stares at it sadly, her hair drooping slightly. Your face goes to one of concern and sympathy, and Maud is quick to give Pinkie a hug.

"Pinkamena, have you forgotten about the Choosing Stone? You haven't used it, have you?" Igneous asked, truly worried about his daughter.

"Uh.. I don't think so?" She replied, unsure of herself. You did not expect to see that.

"Pinkamena, we have much to discuss over lunch. Come along, family, time for lunch!" The father calls out as he starts walking toward the dining room. Maud lets go of Pinkie, and the rest of the family follows. You follow after them, but the dining room door slams shut just before you enter. You stare at the door with a face that says, "What the heck?"
Before you knock on the door to ask to let you in, the door opens a crack an d'you see a small amount of Igneous, who glares at you. He says sternly, "Family discussion," before slamming the door again.

"Okay, what the heck."

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment