• Published 4th Oct 2015
  • 1,210 Views, 9 Comments

Hairstyling - Prism Shine



Rarity decides to have a little fun and style someone's hair.

  • ...
1
 9
 1,210

"I just had to, darling."

Hairstyling
Written by Prism Shine

***

Rarity was creating new dresses through her sewing machine, and was singing softly. The rhythm of the song helped her set a pace on creating her dresses.

"And that's the art of the dre–" She was interrupted by somepony - or something - crashing onto her window. Rarity looked over and saw a certain rainbow-maned pegasus limp on the windowsill. What Rarity didn't notice however, was that a bundle of strands from Rainbow Dash's mane fell off and landed on the floor.

Rarity flattened her brow. She walked over with a slightly annoyed expression on her face, and said, "Rainbow Dash, how many times do I have to tell you not to do your stunts near my boutique?"

Rainbow Dash looked up to see Rarity. "Sheesh, sorry." She got up and entered the boutique without invitation, but Rarity didn't seem to mind. "It's not my fault the softest clouds just happen to be near here. Good for landing and naps." Rainbow Dash rubbed the back of her neck.

Rarity shook her head. "Darling, you should be more careful next time."

"Yeah, yeah." Rainbow Dash prepared to take off once again. "Well, see you." And with that, she shot out of the window.

Rarity looked around her boutique and saw that mostly everything fell off, and she sighed. She glanced down at the floor and saw a bunch of multi-coloured strands of mane laying on the rugged lavender floor.

Rarity picked it up and raised an eyebrow. These were definitely Rainbow Dash's. She fiddled with it, at first thinking it could get her some inspiration for her line of clothing, but it didn't. It was definitely soft and smooth though.

She grimaced briefly and placed it on a table, hoping it would give her some inspiration, and started to pick up the various items that fell off the shelves.

***

Rarity continuously used her magic to pick up items, closely see them to know where they're supposed to be, and put them back where they belonged.

Her horn glowed a pale blue and lifted up a magazine. She commanded the magic to bring the magazine closer.

"Well, this is the last one!" Rarity beamed. "Hmm.. 'Hairstyle Showcase'.. Over there on the table." The magazine floated over to the table, and placed it next to the strands of Dash's mane. Rarity noticed this, and nodded in approval.

Suddenly, an idea hit Rarity. It would be reckless, sure.. but she wanted to see how Rainbow Dash would look like with different hairstyles. She grabbed a brush, a mirror and a few manebands. She packed it into a small purse, and ran out of the house.

***

Rarity trotted down the pathways of Ponyville, looking left and right for Rainbow Dash.

"Ooh, just where could she be..?" She thought aloud.

"Hi, Rarity!" A familiar voice squealed. Rarity jumped and looked at the source of the voice.

Rarity sighed. "Oh, it's just you, Pinkie Pie." She scratched her chin. "By any chance, have you seen Rainbow Dash anywhere?"

"Oh, she went to Sugarcube Corner for a glazed donut and Wonderbolt-themed smoothie." Pinkie Pie tilted her head. "Why?" She asked.

"O-Oh, it's nothing, darling." Rarity stuttered. "You don't need to think much about it." And with that, she half-bounced to Sugarcube Corner.

Pinkie Pie blinked. "What the hay?"

***

Rarity opened the door to Sugarcube Corner and glanced around the room for Rainbow Dash, but she wasn't in her line of sight. She went in for a better view.

Rarity turned to the right and saw her target, sitting alone eating a donut. Rarity smiled so wide, it almost took over her whole face. She walked over.

"Rainbow Dash!" She called.

Rainbow Dash almost choked on her donut, but managed to swallow it down. She pounded on her chest a couple of times before looking up. "Uh, hi," She said. "Whatcha want, Rares?"

Rarity was so giddy, she was about to explode. She softly squealed, and grabbed the rainbow-maned pegasus's hoof. "Just.." Rarity hesitated. "Just follow me."

Rainbow Dash was confused. "...Where are we going?"

Rarity squealed. "Ee-hee! Twilight's castle!" She grinned. "But, on the way, I must try something on you."

"Try what?"

"You'll see." And with that, they went out the door.

On the path to Twilight's castle, they both were silent. Rainbow Dash stole a glance at Rarity, and every time she did, the unicorn was squirming.

Halfway to their destination, Rarity screamed in frustration. Rainbow Dash's pupils shrunk and stared at Rarity. "Rarity?! What's wrong?!"

Rarity shuddered. "I can't take this anymore.."

"Take what anymore..?"

Rarity quickly fished out her brush and manebands. "COME HERE!" She tackled Rainbow Dash until she could force her to stay still.

"R-Rarity!" Rainbow Dash yelped. "What the hay are you doing?!"

"Just taking my plan into action!" Rarity quickly said. "First up, a ponytail!" She grabbed the back of Rainbow Dash's mane, brushed it, and used a hairband to tie it up together. Rarity walked in front of Rainbow Dash and gasped.

"Ooh, yes!" Her eyes were shining. "A perfect style for an athletic mare like you!"

"W-What?" Rainbow Dash stuttered. "Did you just style me?! Oh Celestia.. How do I look?"

"Oh darling, you look absolutely stunning!" Rarity grabbed the mirror from her purse, and it reflected Rainbow Dash.

"...Huh." Rainbow Dash twirled the ponytail behind her head a couple of times. "This.. this actually looks kinda cool on me."

Rarity gushed. "Why, thank you! Next style: Pigtails!"

"Wait, what?!" Rainbow Dash cried. She felt the tight maneband come off. She sighed.

Rarity brushed her mane again, and grabbed two bunches of Rainbow Dash's mane. She used her magic to get two manebands, and secured the two bunches of mane.

Rainbow Dash could almost hear the explosion in Rarity's mind, and that was followed by a loud, girly squeal.

"...Give me the mirror." She deadpanned.

A mirror floated in front of Rainbow Dash, surrounded with a light cornflower blue aura. She squinted, and her jaw dropped.

"WHAT IN–" She screeched. "I LOOK WORSE THAN NIGHTMARE MOON!"

***

Luna sneezed, and looked at the direction of Ponyville.

Celestia glanced at her sister. "Is there something wrong, Luna?"

Luna shook her head. "No, no. I just thought somepony was talking about Nightmare Moon..."

"Ah." Celestia smiled. "Don't think much about it. Your past is not today."

"Thanks, sis." Luna said.
***
Rarity blinked. "Now, darling, don't be upset!" Rarity tried to cheer her up. "I think you look absolutely adorable in that style."

Rainbow Dash groaned. "Ugh, let's just get on with the next one."

"Ooh!" Rarity clapped her hooves. "I see you're finally participating! Okay, next one! A side ponytail!"

The tied up bunches of mane were released from it's manebands, but they were quickly gathered up again, moved to the side, and were tied back up. Rarity once again used her magic to show Rainbow Dash her appearance through the mirror.

Rainbow Dash sighed. "Sheesh, I look cute. ...Again."

"True, true." Rarity nodded in agreement. "It doesn't fit your tomboyish personality.. Okay! Last one!"

"Oh thank Celestia!" Rainbow Dash threw her hooves up in the air in pure bliss.

"..An up-do!"

Rainbow Dash's eye twitched. "A what-now?"

Rarity giggled. "Oh, you'll find out."

Rarity grabbed the bangs of the pegasus's mane and she gently pulled it up. She grabbed a maneband to tie the ends, and it held its position. Her magic surrounded the mirror once again, and Rainbow Dash guffawed.

She spun around. "WHAT IN TARTARUS, RARITY?!"

Rarity sheepishly smiled. "Ehehe.. seems like I got a little too excited."

***

- The End -

Author's Note:

Don't ask me how I came up with this, because I honestly don't know either. :derpyderp2:

Here's a cookie to those who get the reference of:

"Don't think much about it. Your past is not today."

:rainbowlaugh:

Comments ( 5 )

Sunset Shimmer's short.

6492089
6492087

Ooh, I might draw it one day. :raritywink:

This felt rushed and unfinished

Eh... I think it was a bit too short.

Login or register to comment