• Published 3rd Oct 2015
  • 7,792 Views, 151 Comments

Portals. Portals Everywhere! - Piece Bot



A portal gun is bought and a boy gets sent to Equestria. Expect funny reactions to portals popping up everywhere. [A Displaced fic]

  • ...
34
 151
 7,792

Chapter 9 - Just Some Fun

If this powers that, then this would power …. this!’ Joseph thought as he plugged in the wires into their correct sockets. Hearing the hum of electricity power through the building he crawled out from the mess and jumped, grinning widely.

“Woo! Down the rabbit hole we go!” Crikey said in delight, sharing in Joseph’s happiness. It had been a few days since his ‘talk’ with Luna. Ever since then, he had been doing a couple of things. One, manage to mess around with the wires and try to power up the Aperture building. Check. Two, figure out what made the turrets tick. Not check.

With this second one, Twilight and Spike both helped him in identifying the different parts and seeing how it fit together. He was also convinced by Twilight to try and at least have shaky handwriting with a quill. Conceding he had tried writing and seeing it was a bit like a pen, got fairly fluent in his handwriting, even though he had to refill every few moments.

Walking out the passage, he tipped the book and heard a grating noise as it closed. Clicking off the flashlight, he walked towards the elevator and pressed the button. Hearing the hum and creaky sound of wires moving made Joseph go up and down on the heels of his fit in happy anticipation.

He heard the ding and stepped towards the elevator as it opened. Stepping inside, he found that it was circular and almost all the sides were filled with glass. The parts that weren’t had some sort of white metal on it, most likely where the elevator was held in place. He tried to look out the glass on the opposite side of the door but found only inky blackness.

“Spoopi. Very spoopi.” Crikey commented, making a whistling noise. Joseph nodded in agreement, feeling slightly creeped by seeing a lack of light on the other side of the glass. Stepping back from the glass, he looked to the side and found a few long columns full of buttons. Seeing they were labelled ‘G’ to ‘200’, he pressed the ‘G’ button and the doors closed around him. Feeling it lower, he sat down and waited for the elevator to stop.


Meanwhile, in Ponyville the whole town was preparing for Nightmare Night. There were black and orange flags being strung up between houses and the town square was being transformed into a night of fun and games. A few of them were set up already but it would take a few days to to set up the rest.

“Has anypony seen Joseph? I need him to try out this new costume I’ve been working on.” Rarity asked, wandering around town with some thread and needle in tow with her magic. She asked everypony she thought had seen him when Dinky trotted up to her. “Dinky? Whatever do you need my dear?”

“I just wanted to tell you that Mister Joseph is through there.” Dinky replied, pointing to the swirling blue portal.

“Oh, thank you.” Rarity thanked the little filly and walked through the portal, finding that the lights were on. Walking around a bit, she found that there was a lot more paper here than last time. Heading towards the elevator, she picked a few pieces of paper but didn’t understand all the scientific explanations so she just laid them back down. “This decor will need some changing.” After seeing a piece from the rafters fall, she figured it would need a LOT of changing.

Pressing the button on the elevator, she was surprised when it made a beeping sound. Looking up to find the noise source, she saw an arrow head steadily towards ground level.


A ding sounded and the elevator doors opened. Getting up and stepping through, Joseph stretched to get the stiffness out of his muscles and looked around. There were a few lights but it didn’t seem as if the place was powered up properly yet. Getting out his flashlight, he flicked it on and searched for a wall to place a portal on. Finding a blank space, he fired a blue portal and was surprised to see Rarity’s behind. Shaking his head to get lewd thoughts out, he picked up a piece of debris, threw it at her and seeing her turn around, he waved.

“Joseph, darling. There you are. I’ve been looking everywhere for you.” Rarity said delightedly, walking towards him. He noticed something floating behind her and seeing it was some thread and needle, he shuddered.

“AAAHHH!! It’s white unipony! RUUUN!” Crikey panicked and tried to do just that, only remembering that he had no legs to run on when Rarity held the potato in her magic. The last time Rarity wanted him to try out a costume, he nearly became a walking pincushion. It didn’t help that Spike was happily helping Rarity stick him full of pins and needles. “We need to get you back to Ponyville. I’ve nearly finished with the costume, I just need to make a few adjustments.” Rarity added, stopping just in front of the portal.

Letting go of the potato, Joseph stepped through and turned around, firing a portal towards Ponyville. Seeing the telltale flash of the portal location changing, he stepped back through and found that decorations had been set up in preparation for whatever the ponies called their Halloween celebration.

“Let’s face it mate. We’re never going to find out whatever Aperture was doing if we keep getting interrupted.” Crikey said with a defeated sigh.

Not giving him time to admire the decor, Rarity grabbed his hand in her magic and pulled him along towards Carousel Boutique. Shutting the door behind him, she continued pulling him until she was satisfied with him being in the right place. Leaving him under a spotlight, Rarity turned the rest of the lights on and came back with a lab coat, a dress shirt and black pants. Humming to herself, she then arranged the clothes on top of the human, seeing if her measurements were correct.

Joseph put his portal gun down as Rarity placed the dress shirt over his singlet. She then placed the lab coat on him and seeing that the sleeves needed adjusting, she placed a few pins to mark the spot and then took it back off. The shirt was the correct size but the pants were a different story. Going into a change room, he changed out of the jumpsuit and into the pants as well as leaving his singlet on. Seeing they fit, he quickly wrote a note to Rarity and changed back into the orange jumpsuit. Folding the pants, Joseph handed the pants to Rarity and then picked up the portal gun. He wrote a note ons his pad and handed that to Rarity as well.

“‘Thanks for the costume, sheila. It will look great. After you fix up the sleeves, send it over to Twilight’s.’” Rarity read and looked up to see Joseph smiling.

“That won’t be a problem darling. I’ll be sure to do that once I’m done with it. Actually, why don’t you stick around for a bit? It’ll only take a few minutes to do.” Rarity said and smiling back at him, headed into her workshop to finish off the costume.

His face falling, he sat down on one of the plush couches in the room and laid his head back against the rest.

“Psssst. Twilipony 3 o’clock!” Crikey whispered rather loudly and Joseph turned his head in that direction. He saw that Twilight was indeed there, looking at some of Rarity’s designs. He mustn’t have heard her arrive due to his thoughts being occupied with whatever was on the ground floor of Aperture. Writing on a bit of paper, he scrunched it up and threw it at her head. Hearing a satisfying “Ow!”, he saw her pick up the note. As she was reading, he placed an orange portal underneath her, and aimed above her for the second portal.

“Ow!” Twilight yelped, feeling something hit the back of her head. Seeing it was a crumpled up piece of paper, she opened it and found some writing. “‘Look up’? What?” Twilight wondered, looking up. Seeing a blue portal open up, she felt herself fall … and fall … and fall. Screaming in terror, she then found herself sailing across the room in some bizarre game of tennis.

Hearing Twilight scream in terror at her unexpected trajectory change made Joseph laugh silently. He had placed a portal on either side of her after watching her go through the loop a few times and watched in satisfaction as she endlessly looped from side to side in an arc.

“Costume’s done!” Rarity announced as she walked out of her workshop. Her eyes widened and followed Twilight as she kept going from side to side across her showroom floor. “Wha..?” Rarity said in a brief, dumbstruck mood before remembering that Joseph could fire portals. Grumbling, Rarity pulled her friend out of the loop and set her down. Twilight’s mane was frazzled as well as her tail. She stumbled around and shaking her head, she moaned and fell on the floor.

Getting up and going to her, Joseph found that she was merely recovering from his portal quadruple loop. He looked over to Rarity and found her holding his costume out in front of her. Raising an eyebrow, he grabbed onto it and looked between Twilight and Rarity. He shrugged.

“That may have been a bit funny but I don’t appreciated portal pranks in my shop, Joseph.” Rarity said with a primly huff. Joseph merely sighed and shook his head. Holding the costume in one hand and grabbing his portal gun with the other, he lifted it up and grabbed Twilight with its prongs.

“He said thanks for the costume!” Crikey told Rarity for Joseph as he headed out the door.


Setting Twilight down in her room, he turned only to find Spike at the door.

“What’s the matter with her?” Spike asked. Quickly writing a note, he gave it to Spike.

“You tossed her through portals? Nice. Didn’t think she would be so out of it though.” Spike said with a hearty laugh. Crikey chirped to get the dragon’s attention.

“We didn’t think it either. Thought she would have a laugh about it as well but nope. Up and went kaput.” Crikey said.

“Seeming she’s sleeping, why don’t you help me clean up the library a bit?” Spike suggested. Josep shrugged and nodded, following Spike down to the library to clean up.