• Published 6th Nov 2015
  • 3,186 Views, 129 Comments

Knight and Day - Anzel



Silent Knight and Sunny Day are both young officers in command of a House Guard. They're quite accustomed to working with each other and the princesses but are they ready for the crowns' curious request?

  • ...
7
 129
 3,186

6. The Treaty

“Sooo…” Sunny Day said as she wandered up.

I finished cleaning up several of the mini-plates and took my apron off. “So, what? Are they done?” I asked.

“Nooo…” Sunny trailed.

“Okay. What then?”

“I know a secret,” she said in a teasing tone.

“And… you’re not going to tell me and expect me to be bothered by it. Right?” I asked.

Sunny quickly nodded and wrinkled her nose. “Exactly!”

“What if I don’t care that you have a secret?” To punctuate my point I went past her and started tying up a garbage bag. Don’t give her what she wants. Be cool.

“Nooo! You have to care!” Sunny grabbed me around the barrel. “It isn’t fun if you don’t care. Why don’t you care, Silent Knight? Why don’t you care?!”

I tried to take a step forward to escape her but she was locked on and we fell over into the pile of trash bags

“Tell me you care!” she urged.

“No means no, Sunny!” I cried while squirming to get out from under her.

There were several giggles from behind us and both of our heads shot up from the trash pile. We were being watched by three Princess Celestias, two Princess Lunas, one Celestia-sized Princess Twilight Sparkle, and non-pirate Princess Cadence.

Sunny Day slowly let go, stood up, and backed away from me. “Yes. Silent Knight and I were just… You see we were…”

I cleared my throat. “Amateur theatre? I take it the meetings are over, Princesses?”

Our Princess Luna, I think, nodded and replied, “Yes. If you could prepare the common room we’d like to sign the agreement and have our closing statements. That is assuming your performance is concluded?”

“Of course, Princess, right away.” I bowed, put my apron back on, straightened my maid hat, and went to work getting the common room set up. I’d have to figure out what the secret was later.

☾ ☼

Princess Celestia stood behind the podium and looked out onto the sea of alicorns. “It has been a pleasure to host this summit and once again I thank you all for attending. We have covered a lot of ground in a very short period of time. The Treaty of Eleven Equestrias is ready for signing. Before we do so, however, I would like to go over the key points.”

A small piece of paper levitated from the table and onto the podium in front of the princess. “First, realm entanglement must be avoided at all costs. In order to ensure the safety of all ponies, travel between Equestrias must be limited. We cannot know for certain how much is too much but per the agreement no individual will travel to another realm more than once every decade.”

A decade seemed like an awfully long time to me but I wasn’t an ageless alicorn. Sunny Day looked my way and shrugged.

“Second, we must be mindful of the exchanges that occur between realms. Gifts, materials, and even spells traveling between Equestrias must be limited. One gift per visitor per visit should be sufficient. Anything more and we risk further entanglement.”

I pondered on whether or not this particular summit counted as everypony’s one visit per decade. It would make sense that it would but, in truth, I hoped it didn’t. If Princess Luna went somewhere I would likely go with her and that meant a chance to see another world. That seemed pretty terrifying to me but I was also warming to it.

“Finally, and I realize this was the most hotly debated topic here, we have agreed with a narrow margin that alicorn knowledge will not be shared between realms.” Throughout the room there were murmurs of dissent. Just less than half of the attendees seemed displeased which meant in some cases a given Equestria had a split vote.

Princess Celestia softly cleared her throat and the room went quiet again. “I know. Suffice to say we all agreed upon the rules and we should all abide them. There are many other provisions so I invite you all to review the document again before signing. As agreed, this treaty will be in effect for 250 years and we will have the next summit ten years prior to that. May we all be well served by the protection it offers.”

At that point the many rulers started going over the final document. Sunny and I stood guard duty in the back of the room behind a long table that had eleven identical copies of the treaty resting on it. They were all oversized and ceremonial. There was some humor in that. It was unlikely that ponies outside of this room would ever see them. I suppose that is just how treaties are done, however.

Princess Celestia and Mother Mare from Equestria One wandered up to the table, quills levitated in their magic. They started signing in the appropriate signature blocks, working their way down the table. More alicorns started to follow behind them.

It was somewhat entertaining to watch Princess Pfft sign first in a pink crayon and then again with a green one using the Chryssi doll. I wasn’t sure that was strictly binding but no pony else seemed to mind.

The assembled rulers each took a turn signing the eleven treaties and, eventually, each one had 22 signatures. Sunny Day and I started carefully placing them in silkbound covers and getting them ready to travel. Each one had nothing more than number on the outside, except the one with the letter R. The printer had no idea why I wanted them but he’d done it.

“With the final signature I would like to call this summit to a close. We have done much to ensure the safety of our ponies. May we know 250 years of peace.” Princess Celestia said before banging a gavel on the podium. “Safe trip home, everypony!”

☾ ☼

Sunny Day and I stood by the mirror and exchanged pleasant goodbyes with all of the dignitaries as they left. We were actually there to count and make sure they all went home. It was important we didn’t allow any stragglers to get loose into Equestria Six.

Eventually every pony that had arrived went back through the mirror. “Thank our Celestia,” Sunny said before taking her helmet off.

“Yeah,” I replied, doing the same. “I’m exhausted. I’ll never underestimate the palace staff again. Being a guard-maid-server-aide was too much.” I sat down on the stone floor. Sunny did the same.

“From now on just guards. Agreed?” Sunny asked.

“Agreed!”

“Are we having our own little summit?” Princess Celestia asked after poking her head in.

Quickly we both jumped up and to attention. Sunny replied, “Yes, ma’am. We’d like to resign as maids, servers, and aides.”

The princess softly laughed and winked. “So noted. I realize this has been hard on you two. You did wonderfully, though.”

Princess Luna followed up behind her sister. “We obviously don’t have to remind the two of you that this summit, more or less, did not happen and may not be discussed.”

“Yes, Princess!” we replied in unison.

“Very good,” she responded.

I cleared my throat. “Should we start cleaning up? Also, should we lug this thing back upstairs?” I motioned to the mirror.

Princess Celestia shook her head. “No, this will all keep. After all, we still have… rats, was it?”

“Yes, Princess.” I replied.

“Then leave everything as is. We’ll magically ward this room. I think from now on the mirror will be kept here. As a reward for your dedication, Luna and I are going to send each of you and a guest on a vacation. I’m certain your section sergeants can keep us safe for a few days?”

“Yes, ma’am!” I replied eagerly but Sunny looked somewhat vexed. Lightly I nudged her.

“Oh, yes, Princess,” she replied absently.

Princess Celestia’s head tilted and she asked, “Is something wrong, Sunny?”

“No, ma’am. It is very gracious of you. Truly.”

“Then what troubles you?” Princess Celestia asked.

Sunny nibbled on her lip and finally said, “I’m having some trouble at home, Princess, and, well… I’m sort of with two ponies. So a vacation for two is probably going to do more harm than good.”

“You can have my tickets,” I offered. “Maybe give the second one to a single pony that needs a vacation? That slightly insane, hearts-obsessed one you’re friends with?”

“What about you and Crystal Wishes? She’d be upset,” Sunny asked and then added, “Lovey Dovey isn’t insane… she’s just… special.”

“First, she’ll never know because this never happened and second I don’t think we need this vacation as much as the three of you do.” I explained.

Princess Celestia softly cleared her throat.

“No!” Sunny said forcefully. “You’re always giving things up for ponies. You earned this vacation, too. I’m not letting you fall on the sword for us.”

I peered at her and took a step closer. “They’re my tickets and if I want you to have them that is that. You work just as hard as I do… maybe harder. Let me do something nice for you and Azurite for a change, okay?”

“Ponies…” Princess Celestia said softly.

“You can’t make me take them and I can manage my relationship just fine without your meddling, thank you very much. You’re so stubborn. Just take Crystal and go on a vacation. I’ll figure it out!”

That earned Sunny one of my patented officer glares. She didn’t back down though. “Who is being stubborn now? When was the last time you had a vacation?” I asked.

“What does that matter I’ve—”

“Be silent!” Princess Luna shouted at us. That shocked us into doing just that. “As you were saying, Tia…”

Princess Celestia held a stern face but it looked like she wanted to laugh. “Or, and I’m just throwing this out there as one of two rulers of this entire realm, I could just get Sunny a third ticket now that I know she has two special ponies. Assuming Silent Knight isn’t determined that she has to have his or that Sunny Day isn’t going to let anypony, including me, help her at home.”

Sunny sheepishly rubbed her hooves together. “That works for me. You can help me, Princess.”

Quickly I nodded. “No objections.”

“Very good then. I’ll get three tickets,” Princess Celestia said with smile.

Princess Luna eyed us. “Now kiss and make up.”

My ears shot up. Sunny Day closed the small distance between us.

“You heard the princess,” she said, leaning in for a kiss.

Softly I put my hoof against her cheek to push her away. “No means no! Princess, you’re being a pest and an enabler!”

All of the mares giggled and seemed to find great amusement in my embarrassment. And so it seemed, as always, that mares ruled not just this world but ten out of eleven.

Author's Note:

I hope you've all enjoyed this completely random step through a "what if" scenario.

Comments ( 34 )

Haha. I really loved this ending :)

Shouldn't there be more than eleven alternate Equestrias?

This was fun, will you be doing another in the future?

6607559 Based on the response, probably so. It will be a second part where we find out "the secret" and some other insanity happens.

6607516 Fundamentally there are. Only 10 were invited to the summit.

6607511 I'm glad ^_^

...Silent, did it really take you this long to accept it? At least in Equestria Mares are HONEST about ruling the world.... Here... here they just rule from the background.... Actually, I wouldn't by surprised if that was what was going on in Guylestia's realm....

6607722 This kind of takes place in Secrets of a Royal guard. It was one direction Memoirs could have gone if I'd continued with that story. It very vaguely ties in right before Three of Diamonds starts.

Princess, you’re being a pest

Sentence of the hour. XD

We were being watched by three Princess Celestias, two Princess Lunas, one Celestia-sized Princess Twilight Sparkle, and non-pirate Princess Cadence.

Em... what? Me maths not the best, but I'd say that number adds up to four :rainbowlaugh:.

6608277

You misread. It's 3PC, 2 PL and so on. Not 3 Princesses :)

Heh fun read. Of course now I can't stop thinking about the Silent Knight in the world Luna want to visit and I'm hoping that get written. At first i thought this was the equestria girls mirror and the element copies along w Sunset would be coming threw. This was much more entertaining.

6608277
7 total.

Loved it!

That opening.
I don't know which part was best;
The picture of Silent Knight, cleaning a kitchen and wrestling Sunny, in armour and maids outfit?
Or the fact that it was all done in perfect character? :rainbowlaugh:

Hoping you'll let us see more funny sidetracked stories later.
Knight and Day make a hilarious team. :ajsmug:

D48

Huh, so it looks like not asking the princess for more tickets when she initially doesn't give enough is a pony thing, not a Twilight thing. Interesting. :trollestia:

“No means no! Princess, you’re being a pest and an enabler!”

Haha:rainbowlaugh:Someone's been through sexual assault prevention training.

This sounds like what would be going on in SIlent's head during his Miley Hooves pox....
:duck:

6613125 That is wholly possible and certainly one explanation for this AU of an AU!

6611741 Royal Guards have to go through pony sensitivity training! Otherwise the mares get out of hoof hitting on the stallions and other mares too much!

6610797 Indeed! Ponys are too polite to ask for more.

6610369 I've got ideas for a second part to this. We'll see how it comes out. I'm glad folks seemed to enjoy this story. It has been sitting in my "can't use" bin for a while. That and a really dark SK vs NMM one that I never finished.

6609160 Huzzah! I'm thrilled to hear that.

6608818 I might get to that :D We'll see how my schedule is but folks really seemed to enjoy this one sooooo why not!

6607840 You know it!

6607695 He might still fight the power for a bit longer.

6614844 I albo know that I musi Read the last 12 chapters of memories and make a fat comment of thoughts abaut It. Or was It 14 chapters now...?

6613125
This. Best explaination ever, and it explains the minor discrepancies Anzel mentioned between this story and the main story. But mostly just 'best explaination' because it made me giggle like a child.

You know, before I started reading this, the title and the story image gave me the impression that it was going to be an alternate universe where Silent Knight and Sunny Day get together and they never meet their respective significant others's. Once I read the description my thoughts changed obviously, but imagine those two actually hooking up. Very strange and yet interesting story material at the same time.

6620985

wouldn't the Comic Princesses have...like...really, really compelling reasons to never, ever go mirror jumping

Yes, which is why they came to make sure that other princesses didn't make the same mistakes. This summit was designed to help stop those issues.

THERE MUST BE MORE!

I'm still disappointed that there are no Warhammer 40K references.

What a completely silly story.

Very entertaining! :pinkiehappy:

Honestly not what I expected. I thought it was going to be a what if about Silent Knight choosing Sunny over Crystal because of the image.

I think the two side characters that I like the most in this universe are Sunny Day for Silent Knight and Velvet for Crystal. Of course they're forming the straight-mare/funny-mare dynamic, but how this story pulls them to the extremes is pretty special, especially with how well developed each character is. I look forward to Sunny Day's own story.

OWWWW! My Ribs!:trollestia:
I was going to use the Rainbow laugh but she doesn't know that this meeting didn't never happened? Confused.

Why am I reminded of The Ticket Master?

Huh. Read this catching up on more Q&B stories. Very different to what I was expecting, but I liked it! More Azurite in tone than SK's recent adventures, which is a welcome change of tone. Nicely done, and has enough hooks to make me want some more. Definitely more D&D session (with Velvet as Sunny and Luna as Silent) than fever dream for me, though.

This was very amusing! :rainbowlaugh:

“Prince Chand has invited us to visit his kingdom,” Princess Luna said to me.

My ears flicked and I wasn’t thrilled with the idea of going to another Equestria. That was a security nightmare. “Us as in you and I or us as in you and Princess Celestia?”

“You and I. He was amused to find out you are Silent Knight,” the princess explained.

“Why?”

Princess Luna grinned and shook her head. “He would not say but promised that I would be equally amused.

Calling it now: Crystal Wishes is the guard in Guylestia's universe.

Either that or his SK has Sunny Day's personality/job.

7747802
I believe the appropriate response here is, "I don't care! I still believe in the gong!"

It would have been even funnier if at the last chapter a human had stepped out of the mirror, said his name was Brad, and he was looking for Sunset Shimmer now.^_^

I didn’t think I’d like this in the beginning, but now I want more of this.

Pppppfffft... hahaha! :rainbowlaugh:

This hurt my brain too much.

Softly I put my hoof against her cheek to push her away. “No means no! Princess, you’re being a pest and an enabler!”

This is the best possible line ever. I am stealing it.

Login or register to comment