• Published 5th Mar 2016
  • 440 Views, 3 Comments

The Forgotten - Sparkletop Rainbows



Twilight wants to learn about The Forgotten

  • ...
2
 3
 440

Chapter 3

Twilight gasped. When Twilight dared to look back, she saw a stranger wrapped in a black cloak with glowing yellow eyes watching her. Afraid, she ran off without a second thought. The stranger behind her made no move, but only watched her go.

Twilight ran far away from the castle. She ran as far as her legs could carry her. After a long time of running, Twilight gasped for breath. She looked behind her, seeing that there was no pony behind her. Twilight let out a sigh off relief, and set her saddle bag on the floor. "I think I'll just have a nice little nap," Twilight said to herself before she dozed off into deep sleep.

...

Twilight rubbed her eye she she woke up. Even though she slept for a few hours, the day was still the same color as it was before Twilight went to sleep.

Twilight glanced back to the direction of the castle. Come on, Twilight, don't be a baby. This is what you came for, Twilight thought as she tried to muster up the confidence and courage to go back to the old castle.

Twilight picked up her saddle bag and put it on her back, the she began walking back to the direction of the ancient ruins. The trees were curved, like they were reaching out to grab her. Huh, Twilight thought. I never saw the trees like this before. Maybe it must be my own imagination. One of the branches tugged at her mane. She tried to pull the part of her hair tangled on the branch out. She tugged hard, but the branch would let go. It was like there was some kind of force that tightly gripped on a part of her mane.

Stay with us...

Twilight heard a whisper through the air.

We just want to protect you...

It was as if the trees were saying that. Twilight turned around to find who really said that, but all that was there was just the wind. Fear gripped Twilight's heart, as she frantically tried to pull her hair out of the tree's branch. With Twilight's very own eyes, she saw the curly branch curl tighter around her hair. All of the branches on the trees grew sharp and curlier. Sweat started to form on Twilight's forehead. She whimpered in fear.

Suddenly, a sharp cut separated Twilight's hair from the branch. The curly branch fell down, and it burned into ashes. Twilight's instincts told her to run as fast as she can. Twilight ran out of the scary forest, gasping for air. The sky was now suddenly dark. There were no stars, but only a red moon. A red moon? Twilight thought. How is that even possible? The moon looked like as if it had been painted by blood.

There was nothing were Twilight was standing. Only just a blanket of black. It was like she ran into the middle of nowhere. The darkness suffocated Twilight as she tried to find a way out. She began running north, thinking there might be a way out. But after hours of running, there was still nothing left. So Twilight decided to run west, but there were the same results as last time.She ran east, but there was only the black void of darkness that was waiting in the end. Twilight decided to run south. She was sure there would be a way out, there has to be. But no, there was nothing, just as before.

She tried to scream, but nothing came out. She tried again, but there was no sound, the void muted it all. Tears formed around Twilight's eyes. I just want to go home, Twilight thought. I should've never went here. I should've been a good filly, and just believe that this whole story as a myth.

Twilight began to sob, her cries were still muted. I wish there was a way out, Twilight thought. Suddenly, a door from out of nowhere opened up, as if Twilight had magically wished it had. A big smile was displayed on Twilight's face. A way out! She thought excitedly. I hope it leads to home! It must lead to home, that's why it must've opened up in the first place! Twilight eagerly ran towards the door as fast as she could. But all her hopes were crushed when she found out that the door led her back to the ancient ruins again.

It started to rain heavily. Thunder struck from the sky. Twilight knew she had to take cover quickly, and the only option was the castle. Twilight didn't want to take shelter in any of the other houses, because there were skeletons of ponies inside. Twilight began trotting inside the castle, her fear was again gripping her body. Twilight shivered.

Last time was pretty scary. Twilight really didn't want to run into that scary pony again. There was a door at the end of the path. Before Twilight could fear o have a second thought, her curiosity took over her, and she opened the door.

Twilight gasped as she took in the sight laid in front of her.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment