• Published 3rd Oct 2015
  • 811 Views, 9 Comments

Upgrade your grades - Verzeih Turncoat



The friendship games have changed the minds of some pupils. Silver Spoon was one of them.

  • ...
1
 9
 811

Library Story

The Crystal Prep library was huge and well lit. Bookshelf after bookshelf of scientific literature, history books and classic literature on two floors at both sides of the room with a gab for studying in between. Light blue walls, lavender colored shelf and wine red tables. A giant window on the northside opened the way for the daylight to fall into the room. The hall felt cold and empty at this time of the day. School was out and most students had gone home an hour ago. On one of the tables in front of the window sat Sugarcoat with her notepads and three big books scribbling notes and cross references on the paper. Her smartphone resting on the table in case she needed some additional informations or a translation or explaination of technical term.
For the longest time she was alone with her thoughts and her studying till she heard the sound of footsteps getting closer. She looked up from her books and saw another student heading towards her. The girl had red hair clumsily tied up in a bun to free her face. Long strands hanging from the hair tie. Her glasses had a thick dark rim of the same color as her turtleneck she had pulled over her school uniform. Sugarcoat was looking at her over her glasses as the girl set down on the other side of the table. Calculator, books, pencils and notebooks of all kind flew on the table. This girl was the most unkempt and disordered learner Sugarcoat knew. Science, religion, history, economics, pottery. Things like that.

"Hi Sugarcoat. Looks like its just the two of us from now on."

Another smartphone was put to the rest of the mess she had made and begun instandly to play a arbitrary playlist of classical music.
And music history, Sugarcoat thought to herself, she also has to study music history. Thanks Twilight for leaving me with her!

"Not like we are a study group."

Sugarcoat said in her pejorative tone as she tried to concentrate on her study again. She pulled the book to her nose to shield herself against the distraction that had come with Moondancers arrival. The downside of this was that she had to put down the books ever so often to write something in her notepads. Even worse was the fact that she allowed her company to read the titles of the books.

"I didn´t know you are interested in myth. Did you know that..."

"I am trying to study here, Moondancer! Don´t try to bond with me now, just because Twilight left us!"

They starred at each other until the intermezzo was going over to the next tune. Both turned their attention towards the books infront of them. The refreshing silence had already been polluted by the music but now it was an oppressive atmosphere. How could that girl disturb her circles like this. I am not a substitute for Twilight, Sugarcoat thought to herself, and you are no replacement for her as well. I am not having anything of this.
It took her ten minutes to realize that she was not angry on Moondancer but Twilight Sparkle. For leaving her just like that. For leaving her with no goal. Leaving her unfocused. To put herself into this terrifiying school, where discoveries that could change the world are suppressed. A cold shiver was running down her back. This school needs to be shut down and turn into a governmental research institution. But what can you do if what is discovered is that unbelievable.
Sugarcoat put down her book and looked over Moondancers unarranged study material. There had to be something that she could start a conversation with her without having to apologize.
The books were as expected of totally different spectrum. Her smartphone was still playing this stupid operetta but to ask her to turn it of would not improve the situation right now, also it would definitely better her learning atmosphere. Then she notice a scrap of orange paper that did not belong to any of Moondancers notepads.

"What is with the piece of paper?"

"That?" - Moondancer stopped at reading her finger lied under the word in the book. "It´s a hangout asking for a tutor. I can use the repetition to solidify my knowledge."

Sugarcoat looked at her in a state of disbelief. This disorganized girl was teaching younger students? Seriously? Moondancer could read her face easily and was not to happy about the doubt written all over it.

"There are still some on the bulletin board if you wanna try it out."

For a few moments Sugarcoat pondered about it. At least she would have something that would keep her occupied. Yeah, Twilight I don´t need you. There are other ways to focus my studying than our little rivaly.

"Sounds good."








It was friday evening as Sugarcoat was standing infront of the big house and was wondering if this was going to be a prank. A household like this could certainly affordt a private teacher if needed.
She cheeked the adress again. Stable Street 34. This was also the Fork household. Maybe it was just the facade, she thought as she went through the garden door. The Forks had to have at least employed gardener. Those are some pretty expensive looking arrangements. As she ringed the door bell she reminded herself that she not here to admire the house or the garden. She was here because the child of this family was in need of a tutor. The door opened after a while and to Sugarcoats relief it was not opened by a buttler or housemaid or atleast to her first relief.
Infront of her stood a little girl with a silvergrey braid and blue glasses starring at her dumbfounded with her purple eyes. Sugarcoat herself did not look much better as she realized who was standing there.

"Greetings I am here to ask for the tut... Chimera-girl?"

Author's Note: