• Published 3rd Oct 2015
  • 813 Views, 9 Comments

Upgrade your grades - Verzeih Turncoat



The friendship games have changed the minds of some pupils. Silver Spoon was one of them.

  • ...
1
 9
 813

Notes not related

Silver Spoon and her farther were sitting at table down in the kitchen. Taking a snack break away from the daunting task was a great idea. It has eased her mind and loosed her tongue so she was able to talk about what was troubling her. He was not sure what of her rambling was exaggeration and what he was suppose to take serious, though. It was like she was mixxing reality with this foreign cartoons he had a hard time to understand. Atleast he was able to figure out some recurring elements within it.
For Mister Fork it sounded like his daughter was being bullied by some upper classmates that she describes as monsters with wings as if they are operating above the school rules. Untouchable for the teachers for some not comprehensible reason. That Silver Spoon wanted to get out of this school because she felt suffocated with only her friend Diamond Tiara to ease her oppression a bit.
A weird compilation of proud and worry has filled his heart, as he figured out that she was pushing herself so hard to get out off the situation on her own. He was really low on words as he took this all in.

"So, why Crystal Prep... ?"

He knew this school a little. It was a highly honored school with strict rules and high standards. Thoose problems were the points why he had NOT tried send her to this school in the first place. His wife was on the same page as he had been about it. They did not want to overwhelm their daughter with academic demands. Now she sees that school as her chance to break away of her struggles.

"The Friendship Games... the Crystal Prep students were so..."

He could really not follow her. Something about them being normal and a girl that helped her against three aggressors that act like one. At least that could he interpreted as Applebloom, Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo. Three names he had heared way to often in this house. He smiled about his little success to deconstruct his daughter´s talking. It was clear to him that she saw that place as a fair and peaceful one instead of the daunting wall he was seeing in it.
He looked at the clock on the wall. In a few hours he could phone Silverspeed in oversea and talk about what was going on.

"I have to talk with Mom about it, but I think we can support you with it."






Canterlot High such an underwhelming place. Their physic laboratory is unprepared to teach more than the basics. None of the teachers had any noteworthy accomplishments in their respective fields. The only thing remotely interesting about this school is hidden under a rug.

"You are throwing your academic career away."

Two girls were approaching the gateway of the main hallway. Twilight Sparkle was here for assignment for the school transfer, she was dressed casually, a lilac blouse and jeans. Her companion on the other hand was suited in the Crystal Prep uniform, while allowed to make some alterations Sugarcoat was known to go by the book. What in her case means that even the principal could not stop her from wearing a too short skirt since she used loophole in the dress code. Twilight opened the door and Sugarcoat slipped through before her.
They walked along the hallway passing the class rooms with students sweating over their books. The only sound in the hallway were the sound of their shoes before they start talking in a lowered voice.

"You really did not have to come with me, though. Also I appreciate that you care for me."

"Principal Cinch asked me, too."

"Ohh."

"The Everton Independent Study Programm would be more suited for you."

Twilight looked at Sugarcoat this was the sixth time she had remembered her that this school was not the most sophisticated she could have choosen. Did Abacus Cinch care this much that she loses one of her students to Principal Celestia? Would she really send Sugarcoat to persuaded her to go to another school instead?

"See it that way if I am going to this school, Everton might take you."

"I´d rather lose our race for Everton, than you as a rival."

Sugarcoat knocked on the door oblivious to Twilight´s questioning gaze, that had followed her statement. What was going on inside that pigtailed head of her, - Twilight wondered, -it´s not like she will not be able to get to an University/College just because she will go to Canterlot High.
In the principal office they finally completed Twilight Sparkle´s assignment. Principal Celestia was visibly relieved that Headmistress Cinch attempts to prolong the paperwork had come to an end. Tomorrow her new student will have her first day in her new school. A student that had officially unofficial attended festivities at this school before. She expects this to cause some confusions in student body for the next month before the whole thing settles down. In the end people are very flexible with things that does not interfere with their personal life.

Sugarcoat looked at the clock the next bus to the city would be there in five minutes, but she had no urge to haste for the bus stop. Principal Cinch had exempt her of her school day to talk sense into Twilight. She might as well take a later ride home.
They were taking a stroll over the school ground, visiting the library that apparently was also the EDP room, the cafeteria and last the gym. They did it without talking a single word. It was when they came along the trophy case that Twilight broke the silence that has loomed between them.

"See Canterlot High is not that bad. Look at all this Trophies and Awards"

Sugarcoat´s eyes flew over the trophies. Hardly anything above the regional level, very few national awards. What really caught her attention was the ranking, though. A lot of second and third places and a few first places.
For the last three years was Sugarcoat fighting Twilight on the academic battlefield. Admittedly she had lost more than a few competitions against her. In the run for the most recognition Twilight was always a little ahead. The extended privileges for the use of school property, Twilight got them first. Key to the school library so they could stay longer for research, Twilight got it first. She had even gotten her own study room at Crystal Prep.
After a while had Sugarcoat changed her strategy. Instead of trying to compete with her in direct comparison she had waited for Twilight to fail at any given task. So she could beat her at that point. Calling her out on her shortcomings.
Now Twilight will go to this school, the gateway of Tartarus.

"What this School is really good at is sweeping things under the rug. I would not wonder if this is the last time I ever hear of you."

"What do you mean..." Twilight was not able to finish the sentence. She was shocked by the sudden hug of her former classmate and petrified by her anxious words.

"Take care of yourself, Twilight. I don't trust this place and especially that Sunset Shimmer."