• Published 3rd Oct 2015
  • 813 Views, 9 Comments

Upgrade your grades - Verzeih Turncoat



The friendship games have changed the minds of some pupils. Silver Spoon was one of them.

  • ...
1
 9
 813

Life Changes on a Dime

It’s one of my favorite sayings. Life Changes on a Dime. I don’t know who originally said it, or where I first heard it, but I remember thinking “how prophetic.”

Sugarcoat put the pencil towards her lips thinking about what to write down. She did not want any word about magic in her notes. Last week the world she knew had changed quite a bit and it has keeped her occupied ever since.
Magic exist, another dimension exist and Chimeras are a living breathing species. Making all of mythology a debatably reality. Sugarcoat was sure if she goes around questioning the existence of Chimeras, Manticores or freaking Cerberus and the greek gods if we are on the subject matter, someone would declare her insane. Finally she put the lead back on her note card.

What I wonder today, however, can we choose to turn our life around like that or are we helpless to the circumstances. Things can not been unseen but if we turn a blind eye on it, can we switch it back towards the conditions as they were before?



"Boring...!" Diamond Tiara was sitting on the floor infront of the television. Tapping on the remote like crazy on the search for anything that could hold her interest for more than a few seconds. Eventually she throw the remote on the bed behind her. "Come on Silvy. Let´s go!"

Silver Spoon hardly looked up towards as she replied: "I am not done with my homework yet."

Unasked her friend lied down on her bed with an exasperated moan. Diamond Tiara took one of Silver Spoons knitted dolls and rolled around with it for a short time before she decided that her was boring again. Diamond´s eyes roamed freely through the room. There was her wardrobe, her shelves with manga and some anime on display, her super comfy boxspringbed she was just lying in with the knitted dolls and of course her desk with her laptop where Silvy was still sitting and writing. This is taking way to much of our freetime, decided Diamond Tiara.
"Just copy them from me before class", she proposed but it had not the effect she hoped for.
Silver Spoon pulled off her glasses rubbing her eyes with the back of her palm. Why was this so hard for her? Diamond seems to have no problems with it. Afterall she was already here so they could hang out.

After placing the blue rim back on her nose Silver Spoon gave a weak response: "Maybe you should go without me... . I don´t wanna go anyway."

"Suit yourself, but I will have a some super extra estimating frozen yogurt."

Diamond Tiara left her room and climbed down the staircase to the ground floor. Her mind was already filled all the way up to the top with the sweet deliciousness she was going to consume as she passed the huge living room. Out of the corners of her eyes she noticed a man sitting in a comfortable armchair reading the papers. The man, suited simple but elegant, had notice her too and his dark green eyes looked past her as he expected to see his daughter right behind her.

"Bye Mister Fork."

"You are leaving us for today, Diamond?" He put the papers aside. This was too rare to not be suspicious. Diamond and Silver never simply part ways and he expected to see her any moment running down the stairs. But even as he was standing in the doorway he was not able to see or hear any sign of her. He mustered the girl in front of him for some long seconds before he smiled at her for a Good bye. "Greet your father from me will you?"

"Sure."

Without giving him a second look the girl left the building. The rich ornamented door closed behind her with a soft snapping the lock. Mister Fork slowly climbed the stairs to Silver Spoon´s little realm. Just rarely he enters the second floor, for it is the sanctuary of her privacy and he tried to be respectful towards it. But for now his curiosity took the better of him and he stuck his head into her room after a quick knocking on the door. He found his daughter with her hands clawed in her hair.
"What´s wrong, Cupie Doll? Did you had a disagreement with Diamond Tiara?"
Silver Spoon shaked her head silently. Convinced that something was troubling her, he fully entered her room. Some moments of silence lingered in the air were none of them wanted to say anything. She did not want to look at her father as he crouched beside her.
"Don´t you feel well? Shall I call mommy?"
Silver Spoon shaked her head again. This was certainly nothing worth, to disturb her mother with it. Just her stupid daughter failing at her homework.
"You know I won´t go away till I know what is up with you, star bright."

"Bright", Silver Spoon stated in a sarcastic tone. Her father did not liked what he was hearing, comming out of her mouth, "that is literally the total opposite of me." With the swept off her arm she brushed the note book off the table.

Despise his personal feeling about his daugther accusing herself idiocy, Mister Fork played a knowing smile. He placed the booklet back on the table. "Now, Silver Spoon. This would be the first time a little paperwork would get the better of you. I am going out on a limb here but I am positive that is not the problem."- He patted her back and his smile became genuinely heartwarming as he proceeded - "and if I am wrong and this is what bothers you, I might be able to help you anyway."