• Published 7th Oct 2015
  • 7,905 Views, 37 Comments

Some Soup Would Be Nice... - GodOfBBQ



It's a rainy night, and in the gloomy darkness, you can see a bright orange blur shivering and crying.

  • ...
19
 37
 7,905

And a Warm Bed Maybe?

And a Warm Bed Maybe?

While the outside was cold, wet and dark, you were in a nice, warm, comfy home with a bowl of soup in one hand, the TV remote in the other and your favorite blanket given to you from your grandfather as a family heirloom. You stop before you reach your sofa and take a deep refreshing breath, before turning around and plopping your behind on the couch, gently enough so you wouldn’t spill the hot chicken soup. Although you didn’t really like nights such as these; with the weather being terrible and whatnot, you still really enjoyed the little things that came out of the situation.

Behind you was a closed window, nothing special. But since the movie was showing it’s now outdated film trailers, you decided to look out the window to entertain yourself anyway. Watching the raindrops rapidly fall and splat against the hard street and sidewalk entertained you for a bit, hearing the pitter patter of each and every raindrop that hit the ground. With a smile, you turned back and noticed the trailers were almost complete. You then look at your cable box for the time.

“7:44, I might be able to fit in another movie at the end.” You say to yourself. Finally, the trailers ended and the film was on the home screen, showing fifteen second repeating clips from the film, as if they were Gifs you’d find on the internet. You press play and you sit through the barrage of production titles and openings. Finally, the movie started it’s theme and the show began.

You snuggle into the blanket and deeper into your warm sofa and watch the television with a smile on your face, knowing that even given the weather problem, it was still going to be a good night.

As you watch the film’s opening, you notice something in the corner of your eye. But you think nothing of it. As you watch some more, that thing in your eye begins to move, you furrow your eyes as you wonder what could be out there. While it’s slightly hard to make out because of the night sky along with the rapid rainfall, you could still make out a moving orange something that was surly damp. You watched this blur with content, wondering what it was up to, especially in the rain. As you watch, the fuzz becomes more visible as it takes shelter at a bus stop. The stop’s light provides just enough to help you make out what this blur looked like.

She wore a purple outfit, with a lighter shade of purple as her leggings and sleeves, she had a golden belt and wore high heels, her skin was a light yellowish color and her long, long hair draped down her back, nearly touching the ground. She looked cold on account of her shivering and huddling into a ball for some sort of warmth. This tugged on your heartstrings, you never liked seeing a homeless person out in the rain. But, was this person homeless? She didn’t look too unkempt and her clothes were clean aside from being very wet, and from the look of it, her clothing looked too expensive to be on a homeless person’s back.

This woman must have been kicked out of her home, or lost. You begin to debate with yourself as you try to figure out what to do next.

‘Should I help her? It would be the right thing to do.’

‘But what if she’s really a homeless person!? What if she’s crazy or something?’

‘She doesn’t look crazy, if anything-’ You pause as you watch the woman begin to shiver some more and break down in tears. “She’s just, sad, alone, and cold.”

‘You’re helping her’, your caring side demands. Seeing no good reason as to not help her, you grab your coat from the rack and rush outside. You never take your eyes off of the woman, even to put your jacket on, you still watched as she continued to cry under the stop’s light. You reach the street, not caring to look both ways. As you reach her side, you stop and slowly approach the weeping woman.

“Miss? Excuse me Miss? Are you OK?” She doesn’t seem to hear you, so you call out again. “Lady? Are you alright?” You ask in a loud tone, to which she promptly responds, quickly snapped her head to look towards you.

“P-Please, don’t hurt me! I don’t have any money, don’t hurt me!” She cried out in panic.

“No, no, I’m not gonna hurt you! I would never do such a thing!”

“Then what do you want?” The woman asked, sounding more angry than fearful.

“I just-look, it’s raining like crazy out here, come with me to my house.” You call out as clearly as you could so there wouldn’t be any misinterpretations. The woman gives you an odd look but slowly follows you back to your home. You two rush across the street back to the front door of your house. You take that chance to ask her some questions.

“What were you doing out here? It’s cold and wet! You could have gotten sick! What happened?” You ask, sounding too much like your mother. The woman hesitates before speaking. Probably trying to think of an explantation.

“I don’t feel as if I need to tell you...” You’re a little offended that she didn’t feel comfortable with telling you, but you can understand why. You then lead her into your home with your coat around her shoulders. She then gives you the coat so you can hang it on its rack. After you close the door, you kick off your shoes and brush off the rainwater that was in your hair. The woman sees you doing this, not knowing exactly what to do next.

“Just, get comfy for now. Do you have somewhere to go? Any relatives or friends nearby?” You ask as you make your way towards the kitchen with the idea of prepping this woman with some refreshment.

The woman stayed silent, staring blankly at the floor.

“Miss? Miss?” You ask.

“What? No… I did have sisters but-” The woman lead on.

“But what?” You ask.

“But nothing. Look, can’t you just find a hotel or something for me? I can make it on my own!”

“I can try and look tomorrow. Which means you’ll have to spend the night here, if you’re fine with that.” You say as the woman is struck back by your offer.

“You’ll let me stay the night?” The woman asks, you only reply with a ‘mhm’ busy with preparing her something to eat.

“Would you like some soup miss?” You ask.

“Yeah, yes. Some soup would be nice.” She replies. As you begin to prep everything to make the soup, you check on her again seeing that she’s just awkwardly standing in front of the closed door. Still dripping wet.

“Miss, get comfy, no need to be shy.”

“Actually… Can I take a quick warm shower please?” Seeing that a warm shower would help her, you agree to let her shower. You then direct her to the bathroom and hand her a towel for when she’s finished. Knowing that she probably has nothing to sleep in other than her underwear which would most likely damp as well, you go into your room and open some drawers to fish out some pyjamas she could wear. Luckily, you stumbled upon your old pair of sleep pants and a sports jersey that looked small enough to fit her.

As you make your way back to the kitchen you stop at the bathroom door and call out to her.

“When you’re finished, just go into my room. I laid out some dry clothes for you.” Over the pitter of the shower water, you heard an OK from the woman. You head to the kitchen and finish the soup. As you pour the soup into a large mug, you could hear the shower water turn off. Soon after, the bathroom door could be heard opening and another door closing. You take the mug of soup over to the living room and set it down next to your mug. Knowing that it’s probably cold by now, you take it to the microwave and put it in for half a minute so it could warm up again. The microwave beeped and you opened it to retrieve your soup.

You take your soup back to the living room and take your first spoonful. The creamy broth mixed with the noodles and bits of chicken are heavenly. The warm liquid could be felt running down your throat as it warmed your whole body. You take another spoonful, then another. You get into a rhythm of eating the soup before being stopped by the noise of a door opening. The woman then comes out wearing the bottoms and jersey you provided for her. Her hair draped down her back, nearly touching the floor.

‘How does this girl let her hair get so long?’ You ask yourself.

“Here, I got your soup ready. Take a seat.” You pat the space next to you with a welcoming smile on your face. The woman then grasps her bowl and brings it with her to the couch. She sits next to you, soup in hand as she sits cross legged on your sofa. You two eat in silence as you get invested back into your movie. As you watch on, the woman says something.

“Adagio…”

“Excuse me?” You ask her.

“My name, it’s Adagio. Adagio Dazzle.”

“Adagio? That’s a nice name. I’m Anon.” You reply back. “So, where are your sisters? Why were you outside at this time of night?” You ask her. Adagio doesn’t look to pleased that you asked her the question, but she sighed and went with telling you anyways.

“I suppose I may as well tell you. My sisters kicked me out of our home.” She answered, surprising you.

“What? Why would your sisters kick you out?”

“It happened when we began to attend Canterlot high school. I was in charge in… Uh, I was in charge of leading my sisters in the right direction. But when we were close to reaching our goal, these ‘Rainbooms’ set us back and then we were kicked out of Canterlot High. When we finally settled down here, they kicked me out, believing it was my fault we screwed up.” Adagio explained. You felt bad for her, not only was she kicked out by her own sisters, but she was blamed for something that probably wasn’t even her fault.

“Wow, I’m really sorry about that Adagio.”

“Don’t be, I was planning on leaving those boneheads anyway when I was ready. But who would’ve guessed they’d be the ones to kick me out.” Adagio said with a sigh.

“Isn’t Canterlot High that school a couple miles away from here? Why’d you get kicked out?” You ask.

“It’s a long story I’m not very comfortable with sharing…” Adagio said somberly.

“Alright then.” You reply. Even though you wondered why she and her sisters were kicked out, you dropped the thought the best you could.

‘Come on, don’t let it become awkward, say something else!’

“Well, you can stay here if you want. I have enough food and stuff so you could stay. I just don’t have a spare room so you can have my bed I guess.” You offered.

‘What’re you doing you knucklehead!? That’s a king’s bed with memory foam! And you’re gonna just camp out on the couch for Lord knows how long!?’ The voice in your head exclaims. Adagio seems struck back by your generosity.

“Oh, wow… Thanks Anon. Are you sure about that though?” Adagio asked.

“For sure Adagio, mi casa es su casa.” You say with a smile. You notice a smile grow on Adagio’s face as she blushes a little. You can’t help but smile back, but a noise from the TV catches your attention.

“Oh! The best part!” You grab your blanket and wrap it around your shoulders as you watch the film. Adagio watches you with a smile on her face. Entertained by your eagerness to watch the film. As you watch on, you hear Adagio give off a faint yawn.

“You know, if you’re tired feel free to go to bed.” You say to her.

“Oh, alright then.” Adagio says as she gets up, feeling ready for some sleep anyway. As she makes her way to your room, she stops just before entering the hallway.

“Thanks Anon, for everything.” This catches you off guard. She said it with such, gentleness and calmness.

“Yeah, no big deal…” You reply back, she then steps down the hallway into your room. The last thing you hear from her is the bedroom door closing. With that, you continue to watch your movie.

~***~

About thirty minutes later, as you begin to clean up the living room before you go to sleep, you could hear a strange noise from your room. The walls weren’t too thick so it was quite easy to hear that Adagio was crying or something such as that. You quickly finish washing the dishes and head towards the bedroom door. You knock.

“Adagio, you alright?” You ask, yet no answer is given. You glance back at the television in the living room and the cable box.

‘9:35… May as well wrap it up.’ You think to yourself as you go and turn the television off. You then head back towards the door and knock again.

“Adagio… Are you alright? Can I come in?” It was a while until you finally heard Adagio get up and open the door.

“What is it?” She asks, her eyes are red and puffy. She’s obviously been crying.

“Adagio, were you crying in there?” You ask.

She doesn’t answer.

“Adagio, you can tell me.” You say.

“Why should I? I don’t need to, nor do I want to tell you!”

“But I just-” You try to explain, however Adagio interrupts you.

“What? Are you trying to be more kind? Why are you being so nice in the first place? I barely know you, and you’re letting me sleep here!”

“Adagio you’re changing the subject-”

“No, I’d like to know!” Adagio says angrily. You’re annoyed at this point. While she wasn’t much of a problem, you didn’t take kindly to being interrupted.

“Because I believe in doing good deeds. My grandfather did the same thing for my grandmama, and I’m doing the same! In his honor.” You say sternly. “Look, if you don’t want to tell me what’s wrong, that’s fine. But please try to calm down. Look, I’m going to bed. Tomorrow morning, I’ll help you look for a hotel. I’m sorry for waking you if you were sleeping.” You finish as you turn and begin to make your way to the living room. That’s when you heard Adagio mutter something.

“I’m… Alone.”

“What was that?” You ask.

“I’m all alone… My sisters kicked me out, and tomorrow and afterwards, I’ll be all alone. I have no money, no friends or family… I’ll be all alone.” You didn’t know this girl or where she came from, but you knew she was having a very important realization.

“Adagio?” You ask, noticing tears begin to form in her eyes.

“Sonata, Aria. My sisters- I… I didn’t-” More and more tears streamed down her expressionless face. Not knowing what else to do, you approach her and give her a warm and comforting hug. She only stood there for a little while until you felt arms wrap around you and her hand plant itself on your shoulder. She was crying even more now, making audible whining noises.

“It’ll be OK Adagio… Look, if you don’t have anywhere to go… I guess you can stay here until you get back on your feet.” You offer. Adagio lets you go and looks you in the eye.

“Why? Why are you so, kind and generous?” She asked.

“Well… I made a promise to my grandpa for one. And I just like doing nice things for friends.” You say happily.

“We’re… friends?” Adagio asked.

“Yeah, as far as I know.” You reply with a shrug. She hugs you again, this time you couldn’t help but smile at her sudden affection towards you. After she lets you go, it becomes a little awkward.

“Well… I guess I’ll see you in the morning then.” You say as you begin to go towards the couch in the living room. Before you could get any further, you feel a hand on your shoulder stop you.

“Wait… I don’t want to be alone tonight. Your bed is big enough… Maybe we could, share?” Adagio asked. You can’t help but smile at her offer. You turn back to her and shrug as if saying ‘Why not?’ which was all Adagio needed to drag you into your room.

She slips back into the bed and under the covers. As she gets comfortable, you pull out a drawer and pull out a pair of pajama bottoms. You strip yourself of your clothing and slip on the bottoms. Leaving Adagio apparently enchanted by your body structure. You then put on a large T-shirt and slip into bed with Adagio.

“Goodnight Adagio…” You say as you close your eyes to sleep.

“Goodnight Anon, and thank you. For everything.”

With that, you feel her turn the other way so she could sleep as well. As you wait to fall asleep, you already hear cute little snores come from Adagio, signalling she had fallen asleep. However, what she does next makes you rethink that belief. You feel her turn back over slide her head next to yours as she gently pulls you closer to her. A satisfied coo comes from Adagio as she settles into the embrace.

Not wanting to ruin the moment, you let this slide. Finally, you fall asleep, letting Adagio’s calm breathing and the rapid patter of the raindrops outside lull you into a deep sleep.

Author's Note:

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed that little piece of work! What was the main inspiration for this? Well, mainly the cover art. I just thought a heartfelt Adagio story would be just swell! She is my favorite Dazzling when it comes to design. Anyway hoped you guys liked it, this was written very early in the morning, starting at like 3:00 AM.

The Spongebob references are strong with this one!

Comments ( 37 )

OMG! THIS story is just....too much :pinkiesad2: :ajsleepy: :rainbowderp: :fluttershysad: the feels!

T'was Heart Warming.

That was both sad and sweet at the same time:pinkiesad2::heart:

Good work:twilightsmile:

I think this guy's grandpa is Mr. Simonet from Pay It Forward. Look it up.

i.imgur.com/5wWpxC7.gif

that was great....faving it :rainbowkiss:

That was very adorable. :heart:

That's cute, even though I prefer the taco one.

Sweet and short:pinkiehappy:

As nicely written as this was, I cannot shake off the fact that Adagio just willingly went into a strangers house without much persuasion.

Also the stranger's name is Anon. I guess I can believe that. From what I have seen on this site it seems to be a very common name. I'll roll with it.

And also Adagio lets someone she does not even know get into bed with her...

You're not gonna write a sequel to this where it turns out it was all part of a rape scheme, are you?

I'm sorry for thinking this way, but after coming across so many clopfics and...darker...stories on this site I'm just not believing that this story is going to stay cutesy for long, like soon there's going to be another 'happy ending' if you catch my drift.

But still...it's not often I find a good well-written story like this. I actually came by this through the Popular section, and reading the short info I assumed it was gonna be about Scootaloo, what with the 'orange' mentioning. Anyways I'm talking crap now. Overall, really good story, nicely done. Pat yourself on the back author. You win a Like.

But I know sooner or later someone else, if not you, will remake this and spoil it all. Somebody always does. Guard your story well, author. Don't let anyone else make a mockery of it.

Be safe and well.

UniqueSKD (no s**t, my name is right there XD)

6503163 I'm glad you're looking out for my story. It really shows that people care about the things they read here on this site. But just because you find rape stories and darker tales on the site, doesn't mean stories like these will be like that. Yes, I will make a sequel, two more actually. But they all contribute to the lesson in the end which I won't spoil. I plan on having the whole series be an E rating, Teen at most.

6503194 (rolls on the floor laughing)

Okay, seriously dude. Your innocent look on the situation is well and truly admirable, I say this without even the slightest drop of sarcasm. But you need to understand the Rule 34 thumb; if it exists, there will be porn of it.

Your story exists, hence somebody is going to rewrite this and throw porn and futa shit all over it. Yes, I'm telling you right now that someone will see this excellent story, and smear their piss-stained feces all over it and call it an original clopfic.

That is why you need to be alert. Don't let anyone get away with that kind of act. Or go ahead and let people make a mockery of your story. It's your choice really. But it would be nice to think there are bronies who will do whatever is in their power to preserve as much innocence of their fandom as they can. Heed me or ignore me, whatever you do, I ask you at least humor me and take a stand for your writings. Do not let people degrade your work with dirtied copies of it.

This fandom deserves so much more respect than what we've all given it. Be part of a bigger message, GhostOfBBQ.

Farewell. (fades into the night under a bloody moon)

6503253 While I do know of those who are more than willing to take a story such as this and turn it into a perverted fantasy, I don't believe it will happen. I'm not a well known writer here on the site, who would want to write a spoofed version of a story I wrote at 3:00 in the morning? However I will keep my eye open, I highly doubt anyone will take the time to spoof my story given my popularity status.

But who knows. I could be that "lucky" one that is chosen to be spoofed.

Does make you wonder how Adaigo fared after the second movie. Most storys make the homeless waif be Sonata.

6503253

Eeeyyy!

Nice to see you here! Guess we were on the same mind wave on this one, huh?

Short, sweet, and cute. I can dig this.

This story was sweet. You got me wanting more. Great job :pinkiehappy:

Ziz story iz alvight. :coolphoto:

6503413 There's a dark storm coming.
A crimson moon stained by angry souls
Painted upon a midnight canvas of shadows and darkness
Below the blackness of night
Bathed in pale moonlight
The sinners arise from their holes

There's a dark storm coming
Heralded by a shrieking cry in the night
A banshee's scream and the deathly thud of the first of many a corpse
And no amount of light
Will be enough to fight
Back against the monsters feeding off your fright

There's a dark storm coming
And the Kings of Hell are on their way
Riding rotting horses they shall stampede leading hordes of abominations
Those who hear their snarling cry
Shall be the first of thousands to die
Their deaths will seem so merciful on that day

There's a dark storm coming.
There's a dark storm coming.
And wherever you are running
Won't stop the dark storm that's coming.



- Beware the clopfic writers, GhostsofBBQ. Beware the dark storm that's coming.

- - - Also still a good story and still liking it

- - - - - - Also beware the dark storm that's coming.

6506537 Alright Edgar Allen Poe, I'll keep the clopfic thing in mind.

6506604 And then the clouds parted aside,
And a ray of light fell down from the heavens
Upon the world the light descended
And with it, there came the miracle of Hope.

While the talented UniqueSKD does raise a valid point (in very well-written poetry, no less. Bravo!), I feel that I should throw in my two bits. Don't worry about what others may do with the idea you've put down. You certainly should defend your work as best you can, but if other people want to corrupt and twist what you've written, then that is their problem.

You gave birth to something original, simple, and sweet. Nothing can ever take that away. Sadly, there are many in this world who seek to bring down anything innocent and unspoiled, but we - the people who've read and enjoyed this story - will always remember it for the work it is.

Even if someone wants to put time into twisting your idea into something ugly, you can take pride in knowing that this story, the original, can never be taken away from you.

Man, I sound so melodramatic right now... but anyhow, that's how I see it. Cheers and good health to ya!

I thought this was a sweet story. Although, I wasn't a huge fan of the main character being named Anon, but I still enjoyed the story.

6512377 Well it's a second person story, if I gave him/her a normal name, it wouldn't make sense. Not everyone is named John, or Molly. Although I could have given Anon a gender neutral name... Like Alex, or Sam.

6512462
I'm aware of the reason. It's just a personal preference of mine.
Like I said, it didn't really affect my enjoyment of the story. I still thought it was a beautiful story.

A nice enough story for what it is. Some moment are a little unrealistic; her instant trust, his unshakable charity paired with his lack of modesty in changing in front of her.

Still a sweet story!

Hello. I saw your request for the sinning of this in the forums of ReadingSins, and I went ahead and did it. If you'd like to see it it can be found here. Hope ya like it:twilightsmile:

Also this was a good story, a little heavy on cliches and somewhat unrealistic, but still I like it. If there are any sequels out or coming up, could you let me know? (I'm kind of a sucker for romance). Anyways, have a good rest of your thanksgiving.

~Mr_Rager

Rrazz #29 · Dec 4th, 2015 · · 1 ·

The feels are strong with this one :pinkiehappy:

Great story mate!

you should really continue this

I can't help but feel this was a little rushed. You meet a girl (bitch I say) who recently got kicked out and just let her walk In into your home. I would've been more cautious because I wouldn't want to wake up in a empty robbed place

Who writes a Fimfiction story at three in the morning?

This Author: Oh boy 3am

Fucking awesome

Will there be a sequel to this story?

‘You’re helping her’ , your caring side demands. Seeing no good reason as to not help her, you grab your coat from the rack and rush outside. You never take your eyes off of the woman, even to put your jacket on, you still watched as she continued to cry under the stop’s light. You reach the street, not caring to look both ways. As you reach her side, you stop and slowly approach the weeping woman.

My boi, did you not see the Keanu Reeves movie...

Great fanfic hope there will be a sequel

Login or register to comment