• Published 5th Oct 2015
  • 2,393 Views, 34 Comments

The Equestrian Flower Garden - RoyalStar709



After sensing a magical distrubance in the ocean, Celestia sends a research team to investigate. When they don't come back, she decides to send the mane 6. Meanwhile on the island, a teen turned hocitate wakes up and finds himself lost in a new world

  • ...
7
 34
 2,393

Ch.4-Day1(part 2) A Forest full of Hope....and Fear

*Growl*

Alex clutched his stomach in hunger while walking around a small pond, as he glared at the Wogpole splashing in front of him. “...You’re so lucky I can’t eat without suffocating…. I bet you would make great fish sticks,” he grumbled, kicking the Wogpole away and back towards the pond. “Stupid planet.” He angrily walked away from the pond, making sure to avoid any Bulborbs that may be nearby.

He walked back towards the tree he slept in the previous night. “How am I supposed to survive on this rock if I can’t eat!” he yelled angrily, kicking a small pebble. Alex sat down, bringing his knees closer to his chest. “I’m gonna die here, alone and hungry,” he said miserably, rocking himself back and forth while dreading what might happen if he doesn’t find a way to eat.

“No, I can’t give up yet!” Alex got up, clenching is fist, “There has to be some way to make surviving here easier!” He begun to think back to his first day in the island. “If only those blasted Bulborbs weren’t around, surviving this place would be a lot easier!” he growled. Suddenly, his eyes lit up in realization. “Wait… yesterday when I woke up, there were Pikmin carrying me...” he recalled. “If I can find those Pikmin, then surviving this place will be so much easier!” He grinned excitedly, running back outside. “Mark my words mother nature, I will survive!” he yelled, before beginning to run towards a random direction, hoping to run into the red Pikmin from yesterday.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight awoke with a groan, she rubbed her forehead, trying to ease her headache. “Spike… Spike!” she yelled, bolting straight up. She looked around frantically, trying to locate her assistant. “...Rainbow!...” Only silence greeted her. “Rarity?! Applejack! Pinkie?! Fluttershy?!” She screamed loudly. “Anypony?!”

Twilight paced back and forth, debating if she should stay put or go look for them. “All the survival guides say to stay put and wait for help.” She shook her head, “But what if they’re in danger? They might need my help!” She moaned, “I wish Spike was here, he always manages to keep calm in these types of situations.”

“Maybe they are further along the beach,” Twilight tried to reassure herself. “But what if I go out and they come to where I landed? I know! I could make an arrow pointing where I went, that way the others will have an idea for where to go,” she said, feeling a little better about her great idea. Heading into the tree line she cut off a dozen thick branches and started to make an arrow.. Looking at both possible directions she should take, she placed the arrow facing right and started walking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After walking for about 10 minutes, Twilight noticed something on the horizon. “Could that be the ship?” she asked herself. “It sure doesn’t look natural,” she thought out loud. Walking closer to the wreckage, she gasped as she spotted what was left of the ship.

Arriving at the ship left Twilight amazed at all the ponies still there making small camps on the beach. When she got closer she heard, “Twilight you're alright!” Looking for the source, she spotted Spike running towards her with arms spread out wide along with her friends galloping towards her. Meeting Spike halfway she embraced him and shed a few tears seeing that her friends and her ‘little brother’ were alright.

“Why are you crying, you silly billy? Everypony is okay except for a few cuts and bruises!” Pinkie’s mane slightly deflated, thinking that her friend was distressed.

“These are tears of joy knowing that my friends are unharmed,” Twilight responded

“Twilight!” Everyone turned towards the source of the yelling, seeing Luna fly towards them. “‘Tis a relief to observe thy well-being this day.”

“What happened? All I remember was blacking out on the ship during the storm,” Twilight confusingly asked.

“Well you see-” Applejack began.

“Your majesty, sorry to interrupt but we have a problem!” a guard reported.

“We are glad that thou art safe and sound, but more important matters need to be attended to,” Luna said. Facing the guard she asked, “What seems to be the problem?”

“During the storm some water-like arm tore through a portion of the store room. There was also a commotion coming from inside the room while I was guarding it.”

“Dost thou think a stowaway decided to join our expedition?” Luna asked, focusing on the guard.

“Possibly but before the storm happened we heard a loud yell involving something about Cutie Marks? It gave my companion and I a headache shortly after we heard that,” the guard replied.

“Cutie marks?” Rarity asked, “But what do-!” She stiffened, her eyes widening in realization. “Cutie Mark Crusaders….”

Applejack and Rainbow and stood stiff at what Rarity was implying. “You don’t think…..?” Applejack began, dreading the answer.

“Knowing those three…. I’m sure it was them,” Rainbow answered nervously.

“Oh those poor fillies, I hope they are alright,” Fluttershy voiced her concern.

Noticing that it was mid-day, Twilight was thinking of a way to save them when her train of thought got interrupted. “I told those crusaders to leave me alone while I prepared for the trip, but they didn’t listen to me,” Spike gloomily said. “If only-”

*Growl*

“What in tarnation could make that sound!” Applejack nearly shouted in fright.

“I don’t know but it sounds like a big creature is coming. Maybe I could ask it if it has seen the fillies,” Fluttershy near whispered.

A creature, about as tall as Celestia and Luna on top of each other, leaped out of the woods and surprised everypony. The creature had a red rounded backside with big white dots scattered around. Tan leathery skin covered what appeared to be its snout. It also stood on two feet while it scanned the crowd of ponies staring at the creature they have never seen before. The two stalks with big blue predatory eyes scanning around were not the factor that made the ponies shiver in fear; it was the two large fangs sticking out of the mouth that frightened the group. The giant animal stood still, deciding on what it should next do.

Slowly, Fluttershy approached the creature and asked “Um… Excuse me, have you seen three fillies anywhere in the forest, if you don’t mind answering?”

The Bulborb focused both eyes onto the yellow pegasus before roaring. Once it finished its loud call, it dove towards Fluttershy with its mouth open, intent on gobbling her up. Right when it was about to eat her, a guard jumped in and pushed the pegasus away, yelling “LOOK OUT!” A split second later the guard was eaten up and a faint cry was heard from within the mouth, then there was a deathly silence. A gulp was heard from the now threatening Bulborb before it licked its mouth and charged at the Equestrians, wanting some more tasty snacks.

After seeing its reaction, ponies went into their basic fight or flight mode running all over camp in disarray while the Bulborb moved about. When a few more ponies were sent into the belly of the beast, officers started barking orders to quell the panic.

“GUARDS, ATTACK THE FOUL BEAST!” Luna raised her voice to the Royal Canterlot Voice, while shooting a volley of magical bolts. Angered from missing another pony, the Bulborb soon found itself at the end of countless magical missiles, spear heads, and swords.

Sensing that this would not be an easy feeding, the Bulborb gave one last roar before retreating back into the forest. Seeing that the creature was gone, ponies tried to get a grip about what just happened and rebuild their damaged campsite. A shocked and scared Twilight walked up to Fluttershy and asked, “What did the creature say before attacking?”

“I-I di-dn’t hear h-him sa-y an-nyt-hing,” Fluttershy replied, sobbing into Twilight’s coat; trying to get rid of the memory of her rescuer’s face before he got eaten.

Luna solemnly looked at the damage done, saw ponies grieving over their lost comrades and friends, and spoke barely above a whisper to herself, “If this is just one of the creatures that inhabits this forest, I dare not think of the fate that befell the research team.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After wandering around the forest for several hours, and going into a battle with a Dwarf Red Bulborb, Alex laid down, resting against a tree. “Where could they be…?” he moaned, “I’ve been searching this place for hours and haven’t found a single trace of them!” Getting up, he dusted off a small bug that was resting on his shoulders. “I can’t give up now, if I do then might as well be signing my own death certificate.”

Going back to exploring the area around him, Alex stopped in front of a large tree stump with a small hole in it. Alex stared at the tree in awe. “This thing is huge! It’s larger than my house!” Looking back into the hole, Alex walked in front of it, and slipped inside.

Seeing a bright light at the other side of the tree stump, Alex ran towards it, ignoring the large mushrooms around the area. A loud beeping was heard at the other side, along with a couple of high pitched whines.

Finally running out of the large tree trunk, his eyes widened at the sight of the source of the beeping, there stood the S.S. Dolphin in perfect condition, not a single piece was missing. Alex walked towards the Dolphin, admiring it, not noticing the Pikmin gathering around him.

Taking his eyes off the ship, he stared at the Pikmin around him, neither of them moving an inch. Taking a deep breath, Alex blew the built in whistle that was a part of his helmet. The whistle caused the Pikmin to jump and crowd around him.

Alex smiled excitedly. “I found them… I finally found them!” He cheered. “Now I have a better chance to survive this death trap! Take that mother nature!” Alex yelled at the top of his lungs. Noticing the Red Onion and the pellets that were littered around it, he grinned, blowing his whistle and causing the Pikmin to grab the pellets and take them to the Onion.

After plucking several seeds and slowly growing a plant army, Alex walked towards the ship, then a bright light emitted from the ship. Blinking, Alex found himself inside it. “So this is how it looks… it’s bigger on the inside…” he commented.

Taking a deep breathe, Alex hesitantly grabbed his helmet, and slowly started to remove it. Hearing the familiar hiss, he braced himself. Finally removing the helmet completely, he sighed in relief as the air around him was breathable. Noticing a refrigerator right next to him, Alex bolted towards it, nearly devouring everything inside. “Finally…” He let out a satisfied burp.

Hearing the beeping once again, he walked towards the ship’s controls, noticing how low the ship’s fuel was. “There’s only enough to fly me around to other parts in the island… but not enough to get me off of it…” he muttered sadly before shaking his head. “I guess that’s okay, as long as I have some way to breathe and eat.” Noticing the sun going down, he went back outside and recalled the Pikmin back inside their Onion.

Ignoring the loud roars of the nocturnal predators, he jumped inside the ship and took off, the Red Onion following closely behind.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1

It’s been a whole day since I woke up on this island after buying an item from some mysterious merchant. I thought for sure that this place was going to be my resting place, luckily however I had found the Pikmin and my beloved S.S. Dolphin. Using the ship to my advantage, I was able to get something to eat without suffocating. Strangely enough, the Onion really does follow you, I’m just glad that I won’t have to go exploring to find the Pikmin again.

Even stranger, the ship seems to be picking up two other signals… could it be that others were sent here as well? I will begin my search for others tomorrow… hopefully the two signals will prove to be other humans…

With everything that has happened so far… and with everything that might happen… I have decided to name this area the Forest of Hope, as it fills me with a great amount of hope towards potentially meeting other possible humans.

-Alex-
…Olimar

Author's Note:

What’s up readers, it’s the co-author Ditman25. I just wanted to thank those of you who read this story since it’s technically my first one. Since Dark had a writer’s block for the Equestrians part I wrote just about the whole thing, so if it is not to your satisfaction just give me some pointers about it, or even a compliment, I accept both. One last thing, don’t be afraid to comment about the story since it helps us improve the current and future chapters.

Hello to all, this is The Dragon of Many Faces, and I’ve been editing for this story somewhat. I just popped in after the first chapter was done and since then, I have been doing my best to fix the errors I happen to spot. I hope you like this fic, because Dark and Ditman make a great team, and together they can make almost anything go right. Take care.