• Published 1st Oct 2015
  • 5,530 Views, 59 Comments

Written In The Stars - The Phantom Joker



After barely escaping the wrath of a triumphant Bill Cipher, 17-year old Dipper Pines arrives in the magical land of Equestria, and begins to make new allies, as well as develop his own hidden magical prowess.

  • ...
35
 59
 5,530

The Announcement

“Ah wonder what this here announcement Pinkie and Jack want to make is,” said Applejack over the chattering crowd in Sugarcube Corner, where she was sitting with Twilight, Dipper, Spike, Flynn, Fluttershy, Rarity, Moon, Rainbow, Jet, and Buck Shot.

“Who knows? It could be that they’re opening their own bakery for all we know,” said Buck Shot with a chuckle.

“I somehow doubt that, Buck. Those two have been happily married for two years. I think this might be something else entirely,” replied Rarity with confidence.

“I agree,” replied Moon with a nod.

Flynn saw Pinkie and Jack come out into the front of the bakery. “Well, I guess we’re about to find out,” he said.

"Hi everyone, thanks for coming on such short notice." Everyone immediately froze at Jack's voice, it wasn't crazy, it was alarmingly calm.

Oh dear, something's happened. Everyone but Dipper thought.

"Please come inside so we can do this in private." Jack and Pinkie both stepped out of the way and motioned everyone into the bakery. Everyone was either internally terrified or confused, but followed Hacks instructions anyway.

As everyone stood in the building made of sweets they looked at Jack and Pinkie as they whispered to each other facing away from the group. Both turned their heads and smiled at the group.

"Jack, what's going on?" asked Flynn cautiously.

Both Jack and Pinkie giggled before turning to the group. "We're having a baby!" As everyone smiled at the news, Rider’s face became filled with horror.

"Flynn, what's wrong?" asked Twilight.

"Every single birth in Jack's family have been triplets." Soon everyone's smiles turned to their own looks of horror. "That means we're either going to have three tiny Jacks running around, or three tiny Pinkies."

"Did I just hear that correctly?!" The group turned to the door where a voice similar to Hacks called in. The door burst open and two men completely identical to Hack in both looks and fashion entered, except one wore green and the other blue. "Is our wonderful sister-in-law really having a batch of Wonders?" The man in green asked with joy.

"Hack! Lack! There you two are!" Hack ran forward and brought his two brothers into a hug.

"Well, we couldn't miss that kind of news could we? Now where's the lucky woman destined to bring on the next generation?" The man in blue asked. He looked around until he spotted Pinkie. "Ah, there she is." Both brothers walked to her and planted kisses on her cheek. "Congratulations you two, can't wait to hear what you name them."

"Twilight, why are there more of him?" asked Spike and Dipper as they had never seen these two before.

"What?! Jack, didn't tell you about us? Well, then introductions are in order." The blue and green men stood back to back. "I'm Hack..." The blue one began.

"...and I'm Lack, and with Jack we're the Wonder Triplets." The green one finished. "Oh, mama’s gonna be so happy to hear there is another batch on the way,"

Hack chuckled. "Well, just don't let her start picking the names, we were lucky enough to have good names like these."

"Speak for yourself bro." huffed Lack.

“Aw, come on! We’re gonna be uncles! This is gonna be awesome!” said Hack.

“...what?”

The ensemble turned around to find three very… dull-looking female Gaians standing there. One of them had heavy-lidded eyes, a long, dull purple hairdo, and wore a simple dark turquoise dress with heels. The second had a dark gray hairdo and wore a similar outfit, only it was an ugly shade of purple. The third girl had short chalk white hair and wore a matching gray outfit to her sisters.

At the sight of these three, Pinkie’s face broke into a wide grin. “Maud! Marble! Limestone! You made it!” she yelled, throwing the three girls into a backbreaking hug.

“Hey, Pinkie,” said the three Gaians, sounding almost as though they had no personality whatsoever.

Twilight, Dipper, and the others save for Hack and his brothers simply stared at the newcomers in complete confusion. Finally, it was Twilight who spoke up.

“Uh, Pinkie… who are these girls?” she asked carefully.

Pinkie turned around to face the others. “Oh, these are my sisters! That’s Maud, that’s Marble, and that’s Limestone,” said Pinkie, pointing at the dull-purple haired Gaian, the dark gray haired one, and the white haired one respectively.

“Hello,” the three Gaians said robotically.

Twilight and Dipper glanced at each other in confusion. How could these three girls possibly be related to the pink party animal when they were showing nearly no emotions at all?

“Hello… I’m Twilight Sparkle,” said Twilight carefully.

“N-nice to meet you. I’m Dipper Pines,” said Dipper with a nervous chuckle.

“Hello,” said Maud while Marble and Limestone simply nodded. “Did I hear that right, though, Pinkie? You’re having children?”

"Yep. Me and Hacky are going to be parents, and you're all gonna be aunties!" The girls still remained silent, but Maud gave the smallest of smiles. "I knew you guys would be excited!"

While Pinkie tended to her sisters, Twilight and Dipper turned their attention to the Wonder brothers. Each one of them had plain white glowing eyes despite being Gaians, Twilight had explained that every three generations in the Wonder family there was a curse that caused their eyes to be like that, a side effect to the enchantment that guaranteed triplets. "Congratulations Jack." Twilight said as she walked over to him and brought him into a hug.

"Thanks Twi, I'm just glad that they won't get these things." He pointed to his eyes and sighed. "Kinda dodged a bullet on that one." Flynn walked up to him and brought him into a man-hug.

"Congratulations Jack, you should be proud."

"Oh I am beyond proud," he stepped back and wrapped his arms around his brothers, "After all I beat these two to it." Hack and Lack slumped in defeat. "You two know the tradition, pay up." Both rolled their blank eyes and reached into their pockets, each pulling out a broken piece of a key and setting them in Jack's hand.

"What are those?" Dipper asked, looking at the key pieces.

"It's an old family tradition for Wonder Triplets, the first to bring about the next generation of Wonders gets the other two's parts of a key to a chest containing a family secret." explained Hack. "What's bad about it is they're not allowed to tell anyone about what they find, so we're stuck not knowing."

"There seems to be a lot of weird things that go on with your family." admitted Twilight.

"We know,” all three brothers answered.

...

"Alright, if those directions from the city folk are right then the train station should be right 'round the corner." Gideon said in relief after walking around for a few hours. As he turned the corner his eyes widened as he saw the staff of the train station leaving with a closed sign at the ticket booth. "AH COME ON!!!"

Sighing Gideon looked up at the night sky.

"Well, at least Ah get to see this beautiful sky." Suddenly a squad of pegasi moved a large group of storm clouds over the city and it began to rain. "Of course."

"Hey you!"

Gideon turned to see a girl waving to him from a nearby hotel "Get in here before you catch something."

Seeing no other option other than standing in the rain he ran over to where the girl was waiting. If he was lucky, there might still be a room open.

“You okay?” asked the girl.

“Ah'm fine, thanks,” said Gideon. As he got a closer look, the girl appeared to be around his age and was wearing a purple suit with a black shirt and heels, a matching cape and witch’s hat, both of which had glistening stars on them. “Mah name’s Gideon, Gideon Gleeful,” he said, holding out his hand.

The girl took it. “Trixie Lulamoon, the great and powerful,” said Trixie with a smug look on her face.

“‘Great and Powerful, eh?’ Let me guess, you’re queen of a city made of precious gemstones?”

Trixie raised an eyebrow. “Where on Gaia would you get such an idea?” she asked.

“It was a book Ah read once,” explained Gideon.

“I see…” said Trixie, mildly interested. “If you don’t mind me asking, where is that you’re heading to?”

“Oh, Ah’m headed fer this town called Ponyville to meet up with a friend of mine,” said Gideon casually, only to notice that Trixie’s eye had started to twitch a little. “Uh, ya’ll okay?”

“My archrival lives in Ponyville…” Trixie said under her breath with perhaps the merest trace of a growl. “She humiliated me… I’ve been waiting to settle the score with her for years now…”

Gideon looked interested at this notion. “You know, now that Ah think about it, MY archrival might actually be in Ponyville as well,” said Gideon, thinking about what Bill Cipher had told him. “An’ you know what? Ah’ve got a purty big score to settle with him as well.”

“In that case, why don’t you come up to my room a little later, after you get yourself checked in and all of that stuff? Then we’ll be able to discuss just how exactly we’re going to get even with our archrivals,” said Trixie.

And, with a swish of her cape, Trixie left Gideon to get his affairs in order.

Author's Note:

Hello, everyone! Sorry to keep you guys waiting for so long, I actually kinda forgot I had this chapter written up for a while, as well as the next couple of chapters... whoopsie!

Anyways, if you liked what you saw here, then be sure to like, bookmark, and comment! And remember: dying is easy, comedy is hard!