• Published 29th Sep 2015
  • 11,820 Views, 192 Comments

When: "Pony Up" Becomes a bit too Literal - Feelzy101



The humane 6 have taken to using the term "pony up" when they transform to have their pony ears and manes (and wings). So what happens when it the transformation doesn't stop at ears and manes?

  • ...
14
 192
 11,820

Breakfast With Science

Twilight walked into the living room, stood in the doorway, and wiped the sweat off of her forehead. The still-human girl had woken up before everybody else, and had started slaving away in the kitchen making breakfast for everyone. An hour later and the table was covered with plates of food and the delicious smells. She wasn't exactly sure if anything had changed in their diet (she quickly scribbled the question down to ask Sunset later) so she an assortment of different foods. Among other things, fruits had been sliced up, cereal set out, and a carton of milk and orange juice were beside seven empty cups. At the front of the table sat her personal favourite, a large stack of pancakes that leaned ever so slightly over the edge, begging to leap into the unknown below.

It was then that Twilight noticed she was being watched, or rather the doorway into the kitchen was. Pinkie Pie had been risen from her sleep due to the smell of breakfast. It was almost as though the pink pony could see the smells coming from the kitchen. Twilight concluded that she probably could.

"Hey Twilight did you sleep well thank you for making breakfast I'm going to have some now bye!" Pinkie Pie had zoomed right Twilight, who had jumped out of the way when she saw the pink contrail form behind her friend. A moment later, a loud crash was heard from the room behind her. The remaining sleeping ponies all jumped up in surprise at the sound.

"What was that!?" Rainbow asked. "It sounded like a plane crashed in the kitchen!"

Twilight turned around to see that Pinkie hadn't remembered the hardwood floor, and she had slammed right into cabinet. Pinkie was lying on the ground, laughing hysterically.

"I'm okay!" Pinkie shouted. "This happens all the time at home. Good thing it was only a wooden cabinet and not an oven." Everybody else winced in unison.


"Twilight," Rarity asked from across the kitchen table. "Can you please pass the syrup to me?"

"Of course," Twilight reached her hand out to the bottle of liquid heaven but before she could, a cyan glow enveloped the syrup and lifted it towards the white unicorn.

"Don't worry, I've got it," Sunset said with a wave of her hoof. She delicately poured some syrup onto Rarity's pancakes before returning it to Twilight, who was eyeing the bottle like her own child.

Twilight's dining room was moderately sized, constructed for the purpose of entertaining guests. In the center was a large wooden table with 8 chairs around it. For each of the six ponies, a pillow was set on their chair so that they could at least somewhat reach the table. While Twilight was still human, and Sunset could use magic, everybody else was forced to eat from their plate with their mouths.

"Knock on wood that we aren't stuck like this for long –" Rarity knocked on the table "– but if it does take a while, you must teach me how to do that, darling." Sunset replied a nod of her head, as to not speak with her mouth full. "If I could move things like that, I could at least be productive while stuck like this. I could even try making some clothing for us." She practically jumped out of her chair in excitement.

"Hey! How is that fair? You two can use magic, and we would still be stuck here eating like pigs!" Rainbow shouted through a mouth full of fruit.

"First of all, don't talk with your mouth full," Applejack chided. "Second of all, you get to fly."

"Also, Rainbow, I've known you since elementary school and you eat pretty much like that anyways," Fluttershy added.

Rainbow thought for a moment before continuing, with her mouth still full. "Yeah, I guess flying is still totally awesome! And I do not eat like a pig!"

"No silly, you eat like a horse!" Pinkie chimed in, causing the whole table, to erupt into laughter


With breakfast finished and cleaned up (Thanks to Sunset's magic, and Twilight), the gang stood at the front door. They were ready to conquer the day and do whatever they wanted. It was the weekend, and that meant they would have fun!

"So, what can we do?" Rainbow asked.

"Oh! Oh! I know!" Pinkie jumped into the air. "We could go to a petting zoo! We'd fit right in!"

"Uh, Pinkie. I don't think 6 coloured ponies are going to fit in with farm animals," Applejack grinned at her friend's joke.

"What do you mean?" Pinkie sounded genuinely curious.

"Anyways, whatever you guys think you're able to do secretly, I'll pass. I'm going to stay here and work on fixing this mess. I brought the magic to this world, so this is my responsibility. I studied magic my whole life, I'll figure something out," Sunset looked down at her hooves.

Everyone shared a worried glance with one another, they all shared the same thought, Sunset blames herself. A few seconds had passed before Twilight spoke up. "Well, if you insist. I will admit that we wouldn't be much assistance to you. My magic research is far too shallow for anything like this. But remember, this wasn't your fault, and nobody blames you."

Sunset gave a quick "thank you," before returning to the living room, journal and pen in tow.

The next few minutes consisted of arguing about what they could and couldn't do without being seen. Surprisingly it was Fluttershy that tried to make herself heard. "What was that, sugarcube?" Applejack asked.

"I said: what if we had a picnic? We could head just outside of town, I know where this nice semi-forested area is. Nobody ever goes out there, as far as I know."

Among the murmured agreements was Twilight. "That's a great idea! We can stop on the way and I'll pickup some food. Lets go grab some blankets and see what else we need." Twilight paused for a moment before remembering something. "Oh! I have a surprise for when we get there! Something I can borrow from my brother, Shining Armor. He doesn't get to use it much with us being in the city. Where we're headed is perfect for this!"

Blankets were gathered from the floor-bed, and a cooler was filled with drinks. About twenty minutes later, the passenger seat was loaded, and Twilight had just finished lifting everyone into the back of the truck. "Hold on, girls. I'll be right back."


Sunset sat alone in the living room. It was of course her choice to be left alone, but it didn't stop her from feeling excluded. Being the past student of Princess Celestia, the orange unicorn felt that it was her job to figure out what happened to her friends.

Out on the table in front of her sat all of the books from her backpack. This included magic journal, as well as several other notebooks mostly pertaining to the magic that she brought with Princess Twilight's crown. Somewhere in one her notes there was a answer; a solution she hadn't thought of. If it took her all day and all night with no sleep to find it, she would do it. In Sunset's eyes, she owed it to her friends for causing this mess in the first place.

With just a thought, Sunset's horn lit up with her cyan aura. All of her notes began to slowly move around in a uniform pattern as she began reading all of the notes one after another. An empty notebook also sat stationary in front of her, becoming less and less empty by the second. A flurry of Sunset's research chicken-scratch exploded into existence as she wrote down everything relevant to the situation. Ideas were combined, pages were torn and discarded (teleported to the garbage can in the kitchen). Sunset was so entranced and encapsulated by the research that she didn't even notice the purple skinned girl standing 5 feet in front of her.

"Wow, that's amazing! How are you able to levitate so many things at once without everything becoming a complete mess?" Twilight hadn't realized that concentration was the key to levitation, especially with a lot of items at the same time. With a soft thud and a loud gasp, all of Sunset's notebooks hit the ground except for the one she was currently writing in. Twilight instantly realized what she had done and looked guilty.

"I'm so sorry! I wasn't even thinking. It's just that that was really interesting and-" she stopped talking as the orange unicorn placed her last notebook down and looked up at her.

"It's alright. I was so into my notes there I didn't even see you, which was my fault. Were you guys just getting ready to leave?" Sunset asked.

"Yeah. Fluttershy has suggested we go for a picnic outside of town. I just came in to grab a couple of things." Twilight placed down the large, overflowing notebook she was carrying onto the table. "That's all the knowledge I have on magic. Hopefully it's of some use to you. Like I said, this is far beyond I understand, but maybe my notes will mean more to someone who studied magic their entire life."

Sunset smiled, "Thanks! From what you knew at the friendship games, I should be able to use these to my advantage." She looked down at the rugged black case at Twilight's feet. "What's that?"

Twilight looked down to see what Sunset was referring to and then smirked, "Oh this? It's just a little surprise for our picnic, you wanna see?" At Sunset's nod, Twilight picked up the case and popped it open. Inside was an 'X' shaped device with a camera on it. "I thought it might be neat to use it for once, my brother never does. I feel like Rainbow and Fluttershy might like it too."

"Well, Dash will. I'm not to sure about Fluttershy though," Sunset replied with a smirk to match her friend's.

Twilight closed the case back up and walked to the living room doorway. "Well, I think I'd better get going before the girls come looking for me." She turned to walk out, "Are you sure you don't want to come with us? Stressing out alone with a stack of notes like this isn't great for you," thoughts of her lonely old closet-lab at Crystal Prep surfaced in her mind and she frowned. "I would know."

"Yes. I already said, this was my responsibility and I inten-. HEY!" Sunset shrieked in surprise.

"Actually, I've decided for you. You're coming with us! If you're going to study these notes, you can do it with your friends around to support you." Twilight had picked up Sunset, who then proceeded to pickup all of the notebooks on the floor into a pile with her magic. Without fanfare, she walked out the door, grabbing the case again on the way out.

Author's Note:

December 22... 9 Months (and 2 days)... I'm a horrible person. :fluttercry: I'm so sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long! I originally posted this story on September 29th, ergo it's almost been an entire year since chapter 1. And what do I have to show for all that time? Not much apparently. :/
Truthfully, this chapter could've been published a couples months back (I haven't been working on it much). But there was a second half to the chapter I was trying to write to keep the momentum from this one going (Although it's fine not having it in this one). I didn't want to risk forgetting about this for another long span of time, so I thought I'd at least post the base chapter. The rest has been copied to a new chapter, so I can continue from where I was.
As always, I have no idea what I'm doing I might've missed some stuff, so let me know if you find anything I need to fix. I'm on the site a lot, so I'll see my notifications promptly.
Again. I'm so sorry about how long it took me, I've been kicking myself in the butt since chapter 3 was published. Here's hoping I don't take another 9 months for chapter 5.
(PS: I've spiffied up the picture, I forgot that I made that thing with Paint.)
(PSS: I'm out of chapter titles with the word "science" in it, send help)

Comments ( 43 )

"Knock on wood that we aren't stuck like this for long –" Rarity knocked on the table "– but if it does take a while, you must teach me how to do that, darling." Sunset replied a nod of her head, as to not speak with her mouth full. "If I could move things like that, I could at least be productive while stuck like this. I could even try making some clothing for us." She practically jumped out of her chair in excitement.

"Hey! How is that fair? You two can use magic, and we would still be stuck here eating like pigs!" Rainbow shouted through a mouth full of fruit.

"First of all, don't talk with your mouth full," Applejack chided. "Second of all, you get to fly."

"Also, Rainbow, I've known you since elementary school and you eat pretty much like that anyways," Fluttershy added.

Rainbow thought for a moment before continuing, with her mouth still full. "Yeah, I guess flying is still totally awesome! And I do not eat like a pig!"

"No silly, you eat like a horse!" Pinkie chimed in, causing the whole table, to erupt into laughter.

Best pony? :unsuresweetie: Best pony. :raritywink: Moving on. :ajsmug:

Two questions: 1:"Will Twilight (human) talk to her parents about her friends current problem along with sunset? 2:Will they bring it up with Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna?

Also I and very happy to see this story updated and look forward to more! :twilightsmile:

7590173 I have no idea! :pinkiecrazy:
Thanks though. I have parts and pieces planned.

7590181 Your very welcome. Keep up the great work! I am actually kinda surprised Twilight's parents did not show up the following morning to a house full of ponies lol, would have been amusing :rainbowlaugh:

Brilliant as always
well worth the wait.
...they are going to get spotted...aren they?

Check for white coats.

I enjoyed this so far. I look forward to the next chapter some point in the next year :derpytongue2:

Good concept and so far well handled. I do hope you write more. :pinkiehappy:

She Blinded me with Science
Science, It's What's For Dinner
What We Need More of is Science
Scientific Fields Forever
Mad Science
If a Scientist Falls in the Forest...
Happy Science
Science Calling
Ambivalent Science

Nice chapter, good work. :twilightsmile:

7590568 So appropriate with your avatar pic

"I'm okay!" Pinkie shouted. "This happens all the time at home. Good thing it was only a wooden cabinet and not an oven." Everybody else winced in unison.

DO NOT GET ME STARTED! :pinkiesick: I was seriously accident prone when I was little
Also, UPDATE!

(PSS: I'm out of chapter titles with the word "science" in it, send help)

how about " you blast me with science"

Wonderful! It is alive! Yay:yay:

Oh, and those pony antics.

I was just starting to think I'd never see this again. I love stories like this, can't explain why. Can't wait to see where you go with it.

Chapter idea:Science leads to questions
Also...NEW CHAPTER! :pinkiehappy:

And then Twi was a unicorn.

Yay! Birthday chapter! :twilightsmile: (It's my birthday today.)

Huzzah, new chapter! :pinkiehappy:

I can't wait to see what happens when they get caught. :trollestia:

How does it work? With SCIENCE!

Anyway, titles aside, like, WOW. That pun...
gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head.gif

7595243

I totally agree. Dat pun

7595243 Am I missing something? To what pun are you referring? :derpyderp2:

7600199 stop horsing around, you know which one. :pinkiehappy:

7600546 Ah! I see. This chapter was written on and off over the course of many months. I wrote that part back at the beginning of the summer probably. :rainbowwild:

whooo it updated :pinkiehappy: great story loving it so far :raritywink:

Haha anyone else get the mental image of twilight picking up a pouting sunset under her arm and walking out.:rainbowlaugh:

This story is on par with oops I am equine again and Stargate: Shangri-la. If you want to read a good SGC meets ponies fic thats the one.

One more thing since this is after friendship games you could have surprised sunset with her turning into an alicorn for the first time. I think it could be an omake or outtake

Any chance of more story coming our way soon??

Any eta on the next chapter?

If it takes you that long to improve your story then I don't mind the wait.

Also, why does Sunset have magic books in her bag? Did she grab them before they left? Were they always there? If they were; how is she handling the daily weight of the tomes and her usual school supplies?

Please update this soon when you get the chance. I would love to read more!

When is this being continued?

Over a year and no updates so I guess this story is on its death bed

I'm starting to think Twilight gets some sort of amusement out of picking up ponies. They really need to learn to jump...
Also, seems like you're going very literal with the 'little pony' part.

I enjoy stories like this very much and hope, that even such a long hiatus will work itself out :D

Alternative name: «When "Pony Up" became more "Pony" than "Up".»

Is this story truly dead, Feelzy?

Good story.

You should up date this

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Punny title, good story... hope it gets continued or adopted

can you please update this story, we all would like to know how the end go's, please and thank you!

hope it gets continued

Login or register to comment