• Published 10th Oct 2015
  • 1,397 Views, 36 Comments

A human in the Griffon Empire: Into the Pit. - Lethally Insane



The Pit, a vile, slimy hole. The nobles preside from above over the lesser griffins, diamond dogs, and a solitary human.

  • ...
7
 36
 1,397

Chapter 2: Hello

Chapter 2: Hello.

It had been a few days since Golden Script had cast his spell on the creature. Said creature was still in what Golden had deduced was a magic induced coma. Sugar Shine had even been reluctant to play with the other children the past few days. She had been almost constantly watching the creature, waiting for it to wake. Eventually Violet couldn’t take it anymore.

“Sugar?” She asked, tapping her with her hoof, “Don’t you want to go and play?”

“But what if it wakes up and I’m not here?” She asked.

“Then I’ll tell you.” Violet said shooing her out of the house, “Now go off and play.”

Sugar moped out of the house. Violet sat down next to the creature, Golden Script appeared through the door, more grass was in his patched up saddle bags. He nodded to her and set the bags down.

“How’s he doing?” he asked sitting next to her.

“How do you know it’s a he?” she asked.

“Duh,” he said, “ I did some medical exams, I was a doctor before they threw us in here you know. It turns out there are a lot of similarities between us and this creature.”

“So in other words?” she asked smirking.

“The pipes match, yes. Celestia, Violet way to be mature.” he muttered.

“You said it not me.” she snickered.

“Oh and those jokes!” he groaned, “You realize that he is about the same age as Sugar.”

“Wow,” she sighed, “ way to dampen the mood.”

“Hello?” the creature asked.

“Hang on.” they said in unison.

“Yeah, well it’s not a topi- wait. He just talked!” Golden Script snapped his head back.

“Oh my Celestia!” Violet said, looking at him, “Are you alright? How do you feel?”

“Uhm,” he said, shifting up to sit on his legs, “ Okay I guess, I’m pretty hungry though. But who are you? And where are Mommy and Dadd-” He trailed off.

“Okay,” Golden Script said, “ we’ll get you some food in a bit, I’m Golden Script by the way.”

“I’m Violet Streak,” Violet continued, “ I’m his wife, we’re ponies. What’s your name?”

“I’m Joshua,” he said, “ my Daddy told me that I was man. Why can you talk?”

“Well all ponies can talk, silly.” Violet chuckled.

“Oh, okay.” he nodded.

“Now Joshua,” Golden Script said, “ can you tell me what you remember before you woke up?”

“Okay,” he said, “ I was sitting with Mommy while she sewed. I think Daddy was in the forest, then some birds came. One came right in the house, it started crowing really loud. Then another came in, it had Daddy’s head, I couldn’t see the rest of him. Then, Mommy killed one of the mean birds,but the loud one hit her. He threw me in a bag.”

“Oh my…” Violet said, looking at Golden Script.

“Okay Joshua,” he nodded, taking a deep breath, “ can you tell us more. It’s okay if you can’t.

“I remember being in the bag,” he said, “ there was a bunch of squawking, then I started hurting. Then someone took me out, it was all fuzzy. The loud one was squawking again, my ears hurt. There was another one too. Then, they took me to a big platform, the loud one was with me. I felt really bad, all fuzzy too. Then I woke up here.”

“Okay Joshua,” he said, “ you did really good okay. I’m going to make you some food. Tell you what? How would you like to meet our filly, she’s been dying to meet you.”

“I guess so.” he said shifting to his feet.

Violet stood up as well, Joshua was easily as tall as Golden Script. She went to call in Sugar Shine. ‘She’ll be ecstatic to meet him.’ she thought to herself, ‘Maybe she can even get him to open up a bit more.’ She went outside and down to one of the gravel fields by the house. Sugar Shine was playing with some of her friends.

“Sugar Shine!” she called, “ It’s time to come home!”

The filly waved goodbye to her friends and ran to her mother.

“Is it awake?” she asked in quiet excitement.

“He’s awake.” she confirmed.

Sugar Shine ran all the way back to the house. Joshua was sitting on the floor again, toying with a stray piece of straw. When they entered he flicked his eyes up at them.

“Hello.” he said.

“Wow!” Sugar Shine said, “ He can speak like us. What’s your name?”

“Joshua,” he said putting the straw down, “ uhm, what’s yours?”

“I’m Sugar Shine,” she said standing next to him, “ wanna be friends?”

“Okay.” he nodded, uncurling his legs, “ What do you want to do?”

“How about a game?” she asked him.

“What kind?” he asked.

“How about hide and seek?” she asked.

“What’s hide and seek?” Joshua asked, standing up.

“Woah,” Sugar said, “ you’re really tall. You hide from me, and I’ll try to find you.”

“Okay.” he said.

“1...2...3…” Sugar counted, covering her eyes with her hooves, “4....5….6...7...8...9...10! Ready or not here I come!”

Sugar crept around the room checking under the table, behind the beds of straw.

“Come out, come out wherever you are.” she called.

“Here I am” He said, poking his head through the window.

“Joshua,” she said, “ you’re supposed to hide, not come out when I call.”

“Oh,” he chuckled, “ sorry.

“Come on kids,” Violet said, coming into the room, “ Dinner’s ready.”

Author's Note:

And thus, the human has a voice. Feel free to kill me on grammar and whatever. Creative critisism is encouraged. See you in the next chappy. Oh, I also finished the cover art, it will be uploaded after a few more chapters.