• Published 29th Sep 2015
  • 750 Views, 3 Comments

Battery, the orphaned Deer - Ponyess



Battery is an orphaned deer. She found her way from the forest to the gates of the new castle of Friendship, just a year after it had been erected.

  • ...
3
 3
 750

Prologue of Friendship: 1

Author's Note:

Ms. Battery's POV

--- --- ---

Previous Chapter: Battery, the orphaned Deer

Next Chapter: First Things First

.

I had wandered through the forest for a week, or a few. Being alone, time lose all sense and meaning. I had been living off of what little I could scrape, when I felt the need and desire to. Being alone as an orphan and you tend to lose more than you thought you could or had been prepared to.

Yet; I had avoided the Everfree at all cost, once I saw what the forest is like. It is no place for a weak and lonely little fawn, something I can admit now.

In the end; I had stumbled across this large, and strange building. The structure looks as if it had been a crystal growing right out of the ground. I guess it does have some resemblance to a tree, but it certainly is no tree I ever saw or learned of.

As I came closer, it looks more like a home in the outskirts of a village. Maybe I could dare approach it? In hopes of finding an answer. I would either go down by the hooves of who ever lives within, or be saved by the power behind, whom ever I was to face. I guess it is the only choice I have left at this point. I can not go on in the fashion I am scraping by now.


.

I still do wear the cobalt blue knee high ornate boots, a matching necklace and tiara on my forehead. Copper and iridium cord ornaments, the only trace of where I had been from.

I also wear a leather lined saddle, with twin bags attached on the sides of my body. It contains what little I have, next to nothing by now; a Ruby, an Emerald and a Sapphire key, all I have left. Anything else was eaten, lost or spent in order to take me to where I am now. I could but hope my investments had served me well, I could go no further.


.

As I knock on the door, something is emerging from the silence I thought I had heard. Not an echo, but distinct hoof steps. These are not the hooves of a Deer or a commoner, she is clearly wearing boots.

Once the door finally was pushed out of the way, I could see what was to pass for a light purple Unicorn; only then I noticed the large wings on her back, even when she consciously hide them flat on her back.

Looking closer; the horn is taller than expected, and the spiral more pronounced than common with regular Unicorns, as far as I could tell; not that I do have all that much to go on.

Then I noticed that mark on her flank; a large deeper purple star on top of a white, encircled by several smaller white stars, just not sure what this all means. As a Deer, I have little to no knowledge or experience of Ponies; our education did not explore the subject, just denoted that this was part of what it is to be a Pony in Equestria. Maybe it is nothing, or it means the world?

I had noticed the golden ornate boots on her hooves, the cause of all the noises she had been making as she approached the door. Of course; she is also wearing her crown, I had expected nothing less. This is the Princess herself, not a mere minion or anything like that.


.

“Welcome to Ponyville. I am Princess Twilight Sparkle!” she promptly presented herself, before I had the time to actually say anything.

“Greetings, Princess Twilight Sparkle!” I merely greeted her at first.

“Since you are here, come with me; right this way, my little Deer!” she then responded.

“Thank you, Princess Twilight Sparkle!” I responded; as I followed her into her castle, and hearing the quiet thud as the door closed behind me, as if by magic.

“I am Battery, and a fawn!” I then added, as I followed her deeper into the crystalline castle.

“You are quite welcome, miss Battery. But, please call me Twilight!” she then pointed out, in clear syllables.

“Okay; thanks you, miss Twilight!” I then responded.

“Thank you, Battery. Would you care to share a cup of tea with me?” she inquired.

“Tea? Sure beats the muddy water I have been forced to contend with!” I pointed out.

“No Pony is forced to contend with muddy water in my castle. No Donkey, Mule or Zebra either. Likewise, that is clearly extended to any Deer who is my guest. However, if the tea would prove not to be to your taste, I have both juice and cider to tempt you with!” she added with a growing smile.

I felt hard pressed to present a smile of my own. Being a guest and the offered drink alone was refreshing at this point in time.


.

She had led me to what was to pass for a moderate dining hall. I couldn’t help but gasp as I saw the room. The style, the splendor. Maybe I had been on my own, trekking the forest and countryside for too long?

I made no point out of fortune, or the failing of mine. Why? I had no reason to try to make her feel bad about how fortunate she is; compared with the life I had been enduring, for who knows how long.

“I like the style of your Home!” I chanced, as an attempt on what I was hoping should be a safe topic.

One such as I, dare not take a chance or change my fortune; when I had a glimpse at something more than I dared hope for any time soon.

“My best friends worked hard, in the effort in trying to make this into a home for me!” she responded.

“The sense of belonging, can be quite the elusive ghost!” I suggested bravely.

“I guess that is where I stand right now. I lost my former home, and much of my former identity. Back then, I was a Unicorn and a Librarian. I lived in a homey and cozy Golden Oak Library. I can never return to that home, or the Unicorn I once was!” she clarified.

“I think I can sympathize with you there; I lost my home, and am now an orphan; I can’t return to where I lived, or who I was!” I responded, looking down at the table.


.

There goes, and the cat is out of the box. I can’t have the words taken back.