• Published 28th Sep 2015
  • 10,955 Views, 394 Comments

So, we're like...goddesses or something? - CrossRedstone



After the events surrounding the Friendship Games, Sunset and Twilight discover that they have full control of the sun and moon of the EG-verse. SPOILER WARNING (anthro because of transformation here and there)

  • ...
30
 394
 10,955

Chapter 8

Author's Note:

I wasn't able to finish this how I liked, so I decided to split it up. Hopefully I'll be done with the next chapters sooner.

Sunset did not know what was wrong with everyone. She had expected everyone to confront her and her friends, try to sneak out of the room or heck, pitchforks and torches! She didn’t expect the party to get into full swing in a matter of minutes, especially when a mismatched creature like Discord was the host! Granted there were a few who seemed to be still reluctant about everything, but those were quickly dragged in by their friends.

“Come on, girls!” Pinkie shouted. “It’s a party! Don’t just stand there!” The party girl ran off to a random direction. The other girls looked after their friend running to the dance floor and like always, she immediately took the center of the attention.

“Ah swear, that gal…” AJ rolled her eyes, crossing her arms.

“Uh...girls?” The six Rainbooms left to see Flash Sentry, Trixie, Snips and Snails approaching them.

“Would you be so kind to tell us what is going on?” Trixie asked through gritted teeth, clearly distressed. “And why is everyone so happy? It’s almost the sirens all over again.” She complained.

“Yeah.”

“Totally.”

Snips and Snails agreed.

Flash didn’t say anything, just nodded in agreement.

“Well, it’s a little bit complicated.” Rarity played with her hair, nervously.

“Uh huh.” Fluttershy nodded.

“Well, tell us already!” Yelled a very impatient Trixie, causing the others to flinch.

“Alright, alright.” Sunset held her arms up. “No need to make a scene.”

“We’ll see about that, Shimmer.”

“Hey, let her explain first.” Flash said, looking over to the blue girl, who muttered something under her breath in return.

“Okay, look. You have heard what happened today with the sun going up late and everything.”

“Yes?” The four people said at the same time.

“Basically Twilight, I mean Princess Twilight” she corrected herself “send Discord over to us, to see if things he could fix things over here.”
The others raised an eyebrow.

“Why didn’t she come herself?” Asked Flash.

“Well, apparently someone messed up on the other side of the portal. She did some time travel Doctor Who Style...what? I like the show, give me a break. AHEM, anyways she did all this time traveling, I don’t have all the details and then...are you guys familiar with the term time paradox?”

The boys looked a little lost, however Trixie seemed to understand.

“You mean when something appears seemingly out of nowhere, although it is not supposed to be there? Like someone died in the past, but then he appears out of nowhere, because someone changed it?”

“That was a little morbid, darling.” Rarity commented.

“But pretty accurate.” Sunset stated. “They have a big problem on the other side of the portal. Time paradoxes show up everywhere. They even suspect this here to be another paradox.”

“Oh.” the others looked at each other uncomfortably.

“Hey still. What exactly is that guy?” Flash pointed at Discord, who was cut himself in half, horizontally and was now dancing with it.

Sunset thought for a moment before answering. “He’s what’s called a dragonques. The only one of his kind as far as I know.” She scratched her head.

“That’s a mouthful.” Flash commented. “But if he’s a friend of Twilight...uh the princess I mean.”

“We should think of a nickname for her, ya know.” Dash commented.

“Trixie’s still not comfortable with...him.” She pointed at Discord, who was arm wrestling...with himself and a crowd cheering...well it wasn’t clear whether they were cheering for Discord or his amputated arm.

“This is...ah don’t have words for this…” AJ tipped her head, hiding her eyes.

“This is…” Snip was at a loss for words.

“...awesome!” Unlike snails, who ran towards the crowd.”Five bucks on the arm!” He shouted.

“Oh dear.” Rarity facepalmed. “Couldn’t have princess Twilight send someone else?”

“Sunset” AJ spoke up. “Mind if we talk fer a sec?”
“Er sure. We’ll be right back?“

AJ nodded and motioned for Sunset to go into a corner. In the meantime the other girls slowly disbanded and walked into different directions.

AJ and Sunset in the meantime talked to each other:

“Why didn’t ya tell them the whole truth?” The farmer asked.

“The whole truth?” Sunset titled her head.

“Ya know! You and Twi raising the sun and moon, Discord being some chaos thing-”

“Shh!” Sunset cut her off. She looked to her left and right, before speaking up. “I don’t want everyone to panic about that. It’s bad enough that Discord is showing off...what in the name of Celestia is he doing now?”

There was a timer above him running, as he, Pinkie Pie and two others were drinking as much chocolate milk as possible from a row of glasses. The glasses then were thrown backwards, where they detonated on the ground.

“Oh mare…”

“But still. Ah’m not exactly comfortable with that.” The other girl said. “Lying to the rest like that…”

“It’s not exactly lying, more like withholding information.” Sunset couldn’t help but comment.

“Same thing.” AJ said, causing Sunset to flinch.

“Look, maybe we can tell them sometime else, but now is not a good time. Let’s just try to enjoy the party, all right? Me and Twilight will have enough stress this evening.”

“Ah. Sorry. Ah kinda forgot…”

“Hehe, no problem. Now come on. That cake over there looks really delicious.”


Twilight carefully moved through the crowd of people, trying to avoid bumping into anyone by accident. She soon found herself near a table with a selection of non-alcoholic drinks. A few students were standing on the other side of the table, drinking, joking and generally having a good time.

“Why don’t you join them?”

“Ah!” Twilight jumped, when a voice came from behind her. She found Discord floating behind her with a cocktail in his hand. He took a sip from it, only for the glass to be filled. Twilight had to blink at this.

“Wha-?” Was all the girl could get out.

“Oh, you know. Have a conversation, maybe make some more friends, the usual stuff.” He waved off, finishing his drink, which changed colors from orange to red.

“Er...how-”

“Oh, you want one yourself?” Discord snapped his paw, causing a glass filled with something purple. The glass slowly descended into Twilight’s hand who caught it dumbfounded.

“Uh...thank you?”

“You’re welcome.” The Chaos God smiled, before disappearing under the table.

Twilight quickly looked under the table, but the only thing she found was a dust bunny in shape of a bunny. Feeling a headache incoming, she stood up and tried to ignore the past 30 seconds of her life. She didn’t know why she did it, but she took a straw from the table, put it into her drink and took a sip.

“...Not bad.” She had to admit. Then she blinked again. “Wait. Did I really just drink something from a being of chaos, who can do whatever he wants and thus put whatever he wants inside it, while at the same time I cannot detect it by smell or taste?!” She shouted. Luckily the loud music was practically drowning out her voice, so no one close to her heard her panicked voice.

“Pretty much!”

“AH!” Twilight jumped again. This time Discord had appeared on her shoulder, albeit in a smaller size.

“Stop that!” The girl shouted, only for the draconequus to float in mid-air and laughed.

“Oh, come on Twilight. At least try to have a little fun, will you?” The god asked in a mocking tone of his voice.

“Well, excuse me if I’m not comfortable with social gatherings of such a massive scale!” The girl said through gritted teeth. “Plus your antics aren’t exactly helping.”

“Oh dear.” He smiled wryly. “I am sorry Twilight. Sometimes I just forget myself.” He shrugged. “But in all seriousness, do try to relax a little.”

“Relax?” She asked in a deadpan tone. “I am barely keeping it together as it is. What made you think a party was a good idea in the first place?!”
Discord simple shrugged again. “Eh, it’s working, as you can see.” He waved around with his claws. Indeed, as the girl looked around, all she saw was a bunch of students having fun. Her eyes fixated on Principal Celestia who had a few female students gushing over her dress. Discord noticed this as well.

“I may be no Rarity, but I would rather say I did a fabulous job, if I do say so myself.” He said the last words with Rarity’s voice. Twilight couldn’t help herself, but giggle.

“Finally, a genuine smile!” Discord cheered, small fireworks going off behind him. “Do keep them, they really look good on you.”

“Thank you? Uh, by the way. What is this?” Twilight asked.

“Oh, you know...stuff.” Discord waved off and disappeared from sight.